The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Hughes Clark I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Hughes Clark I_vote_lcapHughes Clark I_voting_barHughes Clark I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hughes Clark

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hughes Clark Empty Hughes Clark

Post by d0ntc4r3 November 20th 2017, 11:15 pm

Hughes Clark
Hero Name: Flicker
Title: N/A
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Human
Hair: Jet Black
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 142lbs

The Personality: Hughes is a loner, and has been since he developed his powers. He avoids others to prevent hurting them. Despite this tendency to be alone, he always longs to be part of a group.

The Story: Hughes was born and raised in Baltimore, MD. He had spent the better part of his youth working for a small gang, running drugs mostly. It was not until the Junior Year of high school that his powers first appeared.
He was in the bathroom of his home, getting ready for going out with his friends. He had the intent of picking up some girls on his night out. While he was practicing his "moves" in the mirror, he snapped his fingers and saw a small flame appear on his fingertips. He panicked. His first and only reaction was to run his finger under water, which put the fire out. He examined his hands afterwards, not quite believing what had happened.
It was on this night out that everything changed for the worse for him. He and his friends had gotten into a bar with fake IDs and were having a good time. He went to do the "moves" he had been practicing when, just like before, his fingertips caught on fire. The sudden burst of flame surprised him, and he dropped his drink. The flame met alcohol mid-fall and soon the bar's floor was on fire. Everyone fled in a panic. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured.
The fire was blamed on a lighter that someone accidentally dropped. Hughes' fiery fingers had been forgotten in the panic of the actual fire.
It was not until later that Hughes realized he had been born with a genetic mutation. From then on, he tried to stay away from others. Overtime his ability developed into a flame that encompassed his entire hand.
His time outside of his gang led him to see gangs and crime from a different lens. He grew to resent all crime and sought to use his power to clean up the streets of Baltimore. To do so, he takes martial arts classes every Saturday.

1. Agility
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Strength

Power 1: The ability to, at the (literal) snap of his fingers, ignite his hands on fire. He cannot shoot fire, but a punch from him can leave someone burnt.
The fire can burn upwards to an hour if left untouched.
This ability comes from a buildup of carbon and phosphorous in his hands that can easily ignite should he rub the skin on his together. To prevent this, he constantly wears leather gloves.

Weakness 1: Hughes needs to eat a lot in order to replenish the carbon buildup in his hands.
Weakness 2: The fire can be extinguished like any normal fire (ie: water, smotheringc etc.).
Weakness 3: If his hands are wet or can't get oxygen from the air, then the fire cannot ignite.

The Fluff: He always wears gloves.

The RP Sample:
I lay down in the bare grass of a trail in Wyman Park, eyeing my prey. Further down the trail I could see two men in the middle of a drug deal. One had a small handgun. They were in the middle of a drug deal.
I stalked closer, hiding behind a bush and just out of sight. I could tell that the deal was going sour. The men began arguing. They became so heated that the man with the handgun shot the other man. It was this moment that I took one glove off his hands and snapped my fingers, charging at the shooter.
A quick jab in the shooter's ribs left him in pain. His sweatshirt began to burn, and the man panicked, dropping the gun. He tore the sweatshirt off. I pinned him to the ground and hovered his flaming hand over the man's face.
"Don't move, or you're scarred for life." The man could only nod in fear.
I handcuffed him to a tree and left an anonymous 911 tip. I left before the cops could arrive at the grim scene.
d0ntc4r3
d0ntc4r3

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2017-11-20

Back to top Go down

Hughes Clark Empty Re: Hughes Clark

Post by Chellizard November 21st 2017, 1:53 pm

Are you going to RP in first person?

Did you not like our default application code?

This feels like a rip off of Mustang from FMA and naming him Hughes just makes it feel closer. However, the backstory is different, as is the name. So, it's not a carbon copy and I can live with that.

You have a lot of weaknesses for 1 singular power. Are there any other powers you're wanting, but haven't listed?

I see 1 power to 3 weaknesses. It makes things much more interesting for your character's interactions, but I find that it's a little unnecessary.

I would think about a few more powers to counter those weaknesses.

Maybe he's tougher than the average joe? Maybe a little stronger?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d0ntc4r3 November 21st 2017, 3:20 pm

Hi.

Yeah I'll go in first person.

Mustang and FMA were not in my mind at all when creating this, and it's been years since I saw it. Sorry if it's a bit similar.

I'm fine with a 1:3 power/weakness ratio. I don't have any intentions of making him a badass. I'd much rather explore his relationships with other characters than focus on his powers.

Sent from Topic'it App
d0ntc4r3
d0ntc4r3

Back to top Go down

Post by d0ntc4r3 November 23rd 2017, 3:16 pm

Chellizard wrote:Are you going to RP in first person?

Did you not like our default application code?

This feels like a rip off of Mustang from FMA and naming him Hughes just makes it feel closer. However, the backstory is different, as is the name. So, it's not a carbon copy and I can live with that.

You have a lot of weaknesses for 1 singular power. Are there any other powers you're wanting, but haven't listed?

I see 1 power to 3 weaknesses. It makes things much more interesting for your character's interactions, but I find that it's a little unnecessary.

I would think about a few more powers to counter those weaknesses.

Maybe he's tougher than the average joe? Maybe a little stronger?
Hey, Idk if you saw my last post. So am I approved?

Sent from Topic'it App
d0ntc4r3
d0ntc4r3

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 23rd 2017, 5:03 pm

Alright. Approved and moved.

I do suggest you visit SHRP via a browser; our main site is phone friendly and tablet friendly as well!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top