The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_vote_lcapQuest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_voting_barQuest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_vote_lcapQuest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_voting_barQuest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Quest for the Golden Blade

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Quest for the Golden Blade - Page 3 Empty Re: Quest for the Golden Blade

Post by Oakley November 11th 2017, 9:18 pm

Being practically held by Miguel had been a quite nice transition. It did bring a momentary feeling of closeness and security. At least at that point he felt safe, but now that was all down the drain. The two Asgardians had no plans of stopping and resting for the night, no. His only option was to move on forward to face this mysterious dragon. Holti could not even ask any last minute questions, as before he could speak, the two were already making their way into the cave. Hurriedly, Holti followed after, taking one final glance at the world behind him, just in case this would be the last time he ever got that view.

As the three stepped deeper into the cave, his steps became slightly slower and far more reluctant. He could not go back now, no way. Mostly because he physically could not. Holti did not know the land and had no way of even getting back down to Midgard. He was actually trapped here and could only move forward. At first, he felt no fear, or well, not a very large amount. That was until he saw the lava. All that god damn lava. His body became tense and he even took a small step backwards. Why can't you just be a water dragon?! His eyes wandered to Roan before returning back down to the lava at either side of him. He knew Roan was speaking, but everything sounded so muffled and distant. Holti tried his best to watch his foot placing, but one wrong step and he was tumbling to the ground, yelping slightly. His eyes were full of fear and his body began to shake slightly. He knew he had fucked everything up for the other two.

The ground began to shake and a loud booming voice could be heard, coming from a creature that came straight from exactly what Holti feared. Great. Here he was, still on the ground and struggling to get up. The voice sent chills down his spine and then he heard the horrific roar. The fear was evident and all Holti could do was pray that the dragon did not have the ability to sense fear.

As he finally stood onto his face, the dragon personally addressed the three. Holti knew something about this...he just did. Roan seemed to confirm his suspicion. "NIdhoggr...I have heard of that name before. I do not know much, unfortunately, but I know of the name." He himself had begun to speak in Icelandic now. It was still surprising to hear the Old Norse, but it was similar enough to Icelandic for Holti.

"Roan...what do we do? I can try to do something with my plants, but they will burn up as soon as he does his fire breathing shit." The most he could do was be a nuisance. Would tying up the dragon's legs work? It could trip him, yes, but only if he got the opportunity to do so. It was a long shot, but if Roan needed him, that was the least he could do.

"I might have to give you a rain check on those drinks, Miguel."

Oakley

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion November 13th 2017, 1:25 am

As the three of them ventured into the ruined land temperature would begin to rise in accordance with the fact lava rose to the surface. Bubbling pools of melted earth and metals just a hairs breadth away with a wrong step. Miguel held onto his weapon, grip vice tight while keeping a look out for the very dragon that made this place its home. ”He’s scared of fire? Then I guess this must be one of those cruel jokes of yours to take hima cross a literal land of fire.” Miguel noted with a wry tone, rolling his eyes and looking over to Holti who he had a feeling was not taking to things very well. ””Guess we’ll have to just move through here quickly. As soon as he said that the ground itself shook, a head rising from the lava and unaffected by the molten liquid.

”And then there’s this asshole.” Miguel grumbled, turning upon the massive wyrm that looked down upon them He whipped around, weapons till in hand taking in the full massive size of the creature. Far larger than those deer he hunted when he first came here and likely far more powerful than usual even. Dragons of this size, and likely age tended to have scales that put even the greatest of armors to shame. Normally this would have been something that he avoided, but with Holti that was not exactly the easiest thing to do. ”Well I never slew a dragon before so I guess this would be as good of a start as any.” His blade began to glow a dark red, becoming a silhouette of cglowing metal that turned into the shape of a giant axe.

That glowing would fade, leaving him with said massive axe hefted within his hand as if it were nothing still despite the massive size. He slung it onto his shoulder, knowing that wielding a simple sword would not be enough and so a giant axe would serve better. ””I wouldn’t be calling any rain checks anytime soon. Of course it had to be Nidhogg, the damn serpent that was no ordinary dragon.With a burst of speed he propelled himself forward, aiming to slash at the creatures legs and then propel himself upwards to aim for the face in a flurry of motion with a massive swing of his axe.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2015-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Swolefather December 3rd 2017, 2:44 am

Roan laughed excitedly as Miguel made his advance. The heat in the area began to rise, causing the Viking to sweat "MAYHAPS THE GODS ARE PLAYING A CRUEL JOKE ON US" His two large axes cut through the air, letting out small cracks of thunder as he aimed for the other leg of the beast.

The dragon was obviously no fool, as it reacted to Roan, knocking him across the field into a boulder, ignoring the advances of Miguel momentarily. The beast let in a deep breath and smiled "Your fear is palpable midgardian...what I call home is what you fear most, yes?" laughter erupted from the serpent as it spewed fire across the sky, causing embers to rain down. The beast finally turned its attention back to Miguel, whipping a massive leather tail towards him, and following through to strike the other two as well.

Roan had recovered, only to be flung once again, this time bouncing across the earth, gathering burns from lava along the way. The Viking stood up, holding out both hands as his axes returned to his hands. The look on his face shifted from joy to rage. The air around him shifted, exuding a negative energy. The beast of a man let out a roar, his lungs pushing it to echo amongst the chaos. He ran quickly back to the fight, to slam his axes into the tail of the beast, nearly severing it, minus a piece around a foot thick. Warm blooded coated his body, and entered his mouth, causing him to roar once again. He pointed an axe towards Miguel, and smiled "WIN, AND WE DINE LIKE KINGS"

The shriek that erupted from the beast was deafening as it flung its tail about to remove the severed portion. It began to breathe in, it's belly beginning to glow and swell.

"GET TO COVER"
The Swolefather
The Swolefather
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : SHRP's strongest member
Lift things up, put them down.
Resident competitive weightlifter.

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion December 16th 2017, 8:35 pm

His weapon met with the massive wyrms hide, sliding across and doing what felt like minimal damage. That was decided by the fact that it didn’t even release a cry of pain from his durable axe colliding against it. Caught midair, he found himself being struck by a massive muscular tail that flung his body backwards. Slamming into the ground and rolling backwards as the ground underneath seemed to rip up from the sheer force. Ramming a hand into the ground, Miguel managed to halt his backwards progress a she drew in a deep breath. Blood splattered across the ground from the massive section of tail that had been sliced into, running outwards from the severed portion, running up to his ankles.

He slammed the hilt of his weapon into the ground, letting out a battle cry as he charged the creature without much regard for the breath that was building within the beings mouth. Everything was red, save for the sight that was the massive creature that had begun to bleed profusely. Holding the weapon within both hands, he charged, circling around the dragon towards the sde ass he felt strength swell up within him. Swinging at the legs, breaking through scale as more blood came out despite the size of his weapom compared to the creature.

Each strike stronger than the last.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by The Swolefather December 18th 2017, 5:32 pm

Roan slammed his axes together, producing a barrier. The heat of the Flames was almost unbearable, but the sight of Miguel caused Roan's adrenaline to spike. Once the bulk of the flames subsided, the Viking let out a roar, slamming himself on the chest before sprinting towards the dragon. The sound of the armor clanking, the dragons shrieks of agony, the roars of miguel...this is what the Viking had missed. The muscles in his body tightened up as he prepared both axes. He dug them into the dragons hide, scaling the massive beast with ease. His back was struck multiple times by the beast, only causing his rage to increase. The blood dripped down his armor as he reached the head of the beast.

"MIGUEL, UP HERE. LET'S END THIS!!" the two axes dug into the beasts skull, meeting almost diamond like bone. He continued to rampage, slamming the blades against the cranium of the dragon.

A large hand shot up, slamming Roan back into the ground with extreme force, Imbedding him into the stony floor. A hand emerged, giving a thumbs up.
The Swolefather
The Swolefather
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : SHRP's strongest member
Lift things up, put them down.
Resident competitive weightlifter.

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2016-08-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakley December 18th 2017, 8:07 pm

Ducking down out of the way constantly, Holti watched with wide eyes as the two Asgardians fought against the monsterous beast. A part of him did want to help, yet how could he compete with these two? He couldn't jump high, nor did he have any massive weapons. All he had were plants, which would very easily be burnt to a crisp. His hand would reach for the bag, but he'd stop, scolding himself mentally that it would not work or that it would not be helpful.

One final cry from Roan and he knew he had to do something. The beast was almost finished, he could tell. Even if they were the ones to do the final kill, he knew he could do a small bit. Grabbing a hand full of seeds, he took off in a run along the side, throwing a few as far as he could towards the beast before again ducking behind a rock. Taking a few deep breaths, he concentrated before focusing on the seeds. Finally, he started to grow them, using the plants to tightly wrap around the beast wherever they could reach.

Keeping far too much focus on his work, he tried to snake the vines and tree limbs up the body of the serpent. The least he could do is be a diversion, distract him from the other two so they could kill him off for good.
Oakley
Oakley

Quote : “It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2017-09-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Champion January 17th 2018, 3:10 pm

As their battle continued with the massive dragon, Miguel could tell that the great wyrm was not doing so well. Only a few more strikes in the right spot would have brought it down and left them with that sense of fulfillment that came with slaying a dragon. His fingers clenched around the massive axe hwe carried, growing pale from the pressure as he charged the creature feeling the power within him bubble as he lept upwards with all the strength available within his legs until he was within range and slammed down the weapon one the nape of the creatures neck came into view. It collided with the ligament between vertebrae, slicing through scales and flesh to hit true.

It let out a loud roar as he grasped onto the handholds he had, bringing the axe down on the spot until the dragon itself came down.
Champion
Champion
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down