The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Raise Hell I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Raise Hell I_vote_lcapRaise Hell I_voting_barRaise Hell I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Raise Hell

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Raise Hell Empty Raise Hell

Post by Chellizard March 16th 2017, 1:01 am

The days turned to weeks, and the weeks turned to months. Tyuki Gold had been out of the United States for months. And those months were turning into a year. She had been gone for an awful long time, and she had changed in many ways.

She went from beaten and broken, to strong and confident. She missed her friends, her family, and most of all, pizza. Well, not most of all, but it was high up on her list at this moment in time.

The plane she had been on descended and she was released, checking out before just taking a minute to herself. She stood among the crowds, one small pack around of her shoulders. It was a small, black backpack with a drawstring and flap closure. A buckle really sealed everything into the pack, and inside of it was her wallet, her passport, and her identity back.

Tyuki Gold was no longer dead or missing in action! She was back! And it was time to raise a little hell.

Well, after she had that pizza.

The thought of the delicious food made her stomach growl, and she smiled as she looked around, her arms spreading out to her sides with glee filling her soul. She was clad in a pair of stone washed skinny jeans, her feet in a pair of lazy ankle boots with a short heel. A white leather jacket was on her top, a lazy black blouse underneath of that. She looked slightly sophisticated, but still young at heart.

Pushing her black hair back out of her face, she let her emerald hued irises scan the area. The airport was big, and she would only be here for a couple hours before she got on a final plane. Her destination was Chicago, but she was on a layover in Pittsburgh due to an incoming storm.

Now that she was back, she would need to get in touch with Bliss and her band. The first thing she had done was contact her Aunt, of course... but she was in Los Angeles on some sort of trip. That left Tyuki to just a phone call with her kin. Nathaniel would be in Chicago waiting for her, but she would be trusted to make it home safely this time... after all, she had survived for almost a year on her own, and met so many incredible people during her journey.

A grin laced her lips as she walked, a bounce in her step. She was making her way down the airport terminal, crossing by gift shops with very high prices. It wasn't until she smelled the pizza that she licked her lips and started to bee line her way there. She was rushing so she didn't realize she had bumped into someone until it was too late.

"Oh gosh! I'm sorry, here," she said, taking a step back and pushing her hair from her eyes to look up at the person she had crashed into.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Raise Hell Empty Re: Raise Hell

Post by Rozmer March 19th 2017, 1:25 am

Ben hated planes. Once he was in the air all was well, but takeoff and landing set his nerves through the roof. After all, most plane crashes occurred during those two crucial points. Honestly, once he was in the air he could just stay there, content to never touchdown again. But of course that was impractical and he would just close his eyes tight and white knuckle the arm rest as his current plane descended for landing at Pittsburgh International.

All told he was pretty damn glad to be home. The past few days of his business trip had been stressful if nothing else. What was supposed to be a meeting with a kindred spirit turned into a fight for his life and impromptu, back alley, exploratory surgery. To top it off Elysium had been destroyed and he'd had to pull more than a few strings to get the wreckage shipped back to PA discretely. After all of the ordeal and the hassle of that trip, he was just glad to be home.

Grabbing his military style backpack complete with digital camo and enough pouches to hide all sorts of goodies from the overhead he would throw it over his right shoulder and shuffle out of the plane with the rest of the people. He wore a pair of well kept waterproof hiking boots under dark jeans. Up above he had on a white undershirt beneath a blue striped button up with the sleeves rolled up, looking about as casual as he felt comfortable to in public. He would reach to each of his wrists once as he cleared into the terminal, doing a quick check to ensure that nothing in them had come detached or exposed that would raise suspicion from the TSA. Wouldn't that be just great he thought, smiling at the humor of it I go to all this trouble to keep my identity in check and get outed by a routine check at the airport.

But of course, their main concern was the people getting on the planes, so he had little doubt that he'd be getting into any trouble. Honestly he couldn't think of anything better. No more targets, no more missions or crazy people to deal with. Now that he was home, or at least back in the city, he could take a few days and recuperate from the whole vigilante situation. It was a breath of fresh air, one that he intended to enjoy. So as he walked through the airport he allowed himself to move lazily, taking in the advertisements and watching the various people going this way and that around him. "People watching" as it turned out was a favorite silent passtime of his, trying to figure out where they all were going and where they came from. He could get rather wrapped up in it.

And he must have, staring off into space aimlessly as a woman came barreling at him. The impact startled him out of his daze and knocked him slightly off of his footing. Catching himself he hurriedly looked to the woman giving a short but earnest Sorry, didn't see you there accompanied by an apologetic smile. Way to go asshole, just step right in that chick's way he scolded himself as his eyes actually took in who he was talking to. She was certainly attractive, there was no question about that as he got caught in her green eyes for felt like a second too long. Yea stare at her, that's not awkward or anything he snapped at himself, though in reality nothing out of place or strange had been done. There was something about her, he couldn't quite place it be he knew that he knew her from somewhere. What's her name, come on, think! This could be a nice normal social interaction, you say hi make some small talk and go on your merry way but nope, we're gonna-- Then as she pulled her hair away from her face it smacked him right in the face.

I'm sorry, you probably get this a lot he managed to get out, still going over in his head if he should even say anything. There's no way that's her, she's been gone for like what? a year? You're about to make a giant ass of yourself. Ignoring his self deprecating inner monologue he pressed on. But you look exactly like Tyuki Gold.
Rozmer
Rozmer

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2014-08-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 19th 2017, 4:18 am

She almost lost her balance, her hand reaching out to grab onto his arm as she swayed in her steps. She was gentle, however, her hand barely pressing into his arm as she held onto him. Her training with Damian had definitely been put to the test just now. Normally she would just grab whoever with force and take them with her, but instead she let this newfound stranger take control of their battle with gravity.

Oddly attractive yet plainly dressed, Tyuki's eyes went over the man she had bumped into. He looked a little older than her, but still fit and definitely attractive. Yes. Definitely. He was quite apologetic, though, and he seemed very sincere. She would need to put pizza on hold for just a second, but she really didn't want to!

It's not like he knows who you are. Don't be so serious. Just wave it off and get that pizza!

Her inner monologue demanded she get food, but of course she would just smile and wait for him to speak. She focused in on his looks more now. His eyes were a gorgeous green and she couldn't help but get lost in them for a second. But, only for a second, because her stomach growled obnoxiously. Okay, maybe it was like ten seconds, but she could think of food AND his eyes as she stood there, awkwardly holding onto him. She coughed a bit, raising a fist to her mouth to stifle it and draw attention away from her evident hunger pains.

"Get what alot?" she pulled her hand back, her head cocking to the left as she shifted her weight from her left hip to her right. Gravity had not won this war; not this time, at least. The leather jacket would shift as she did, contorting to her every move.

And then he said it. He had recognized her. It had been, what, a year? She was sure no one would recognize her! Was her band really that big? Or was there some memorial for her? Her face would actually hold a bit of shock. To him it likely looked as if she were disgusted at the thought, or maybe appalled by it. But, she wasn't... not at all.

"Heh... you probably won't believe it," she said, cutting herself off for a moment as she cast her eyes downward. Her lashes would bow and kiss the apples of her cheeks as she smiled. It was a smile so big it looked more genuine than the setting sun.

"But that's who I am." she would extend her hand. Slender fingers would wiggle a bit, eager to make his acquaintance.

"My Aunt always said it was rude to assume someone's name unless you gave your own; so what's yours?" she asked, her smile turning into a small smirk, her lips being scrunched to the right as she made a silly face.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron March 21st 2017, 2:09 am

Ben watched in horror as the woman's face scrunched at his statement. Wow, not only was I wrong but I definitely just pissed her off with that. Smooth Ben, super smooth. Confrontations, specifically social ones were a weak spot of Ben's. Just the though of irritating or offending someone made him nervous and anxious, as though he had committed some sort of crime. And judging by the look on the woman's face, that's really what he'd felt like he'd done. At least she must know who Tyuki is he confirmed with himself as she looked to the ground otherwise you'd be standing here explaining who the hell Tyuki Gold is to some stranger.

That's right about when the woman confirmed Ben's initial suspicion. No freaking way he said excitedly before he could even think about what he was saying, bewildered shock on his face. What exactly were the odds that he bump into, or more accurately get bumped into, by the lead singer of a band he listened to who had been missing for the better part of a year in the airport of his home city. Pretty much slim to none.

Yea I guess that was a little rude of me he responded, snapping back out of his head. Extending his hand he'd grasp Tyuki's firmly. I'm Ben, Ben Renner.he said with a smile. Now this really was something, Ben was struggling to wrap his head around it. So his mouth seemed to move of its own accord, perhaps there was a short in his brain. After all, he was more than a little caught off guard at the moment.

The gurgling of her stomach drew his attention as he released her hand. Looking around himself he realized that they were standing in front of a little fast food pizza place. I guess that explains why you ran into me? He laughed, pointing a thumb back at the little stand staffed by underpaid and miserable looking young adults. His head turned once more, quickly to the pizza place then back to Tyuki. An idea was forming in his head, one that the little socially awkward voice in the back of his head was screaming about. You want to go get lunch with this woman? Now!? What if she says no? What if she says yes and then you run out of things to talk about? What if you don't an--This might be an odd question but how long are you gonna be in Pittsburgh? he cut off the little voice of anxiety. Sometimes in life, its better to just leap in and see what happens. Because if you've got some time there's an awesome local place not too far from here. I guarantee its better than airport pizza. He put on his most innocent and charming smile as he said this. It wasn't every day an opportunity like this presented itself, he'd be an idiot to not take a shot. At least that's what he kept telling himself to keep his nerves from getting the better of him.

Raise Hell Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard March 22nd 2017, 2:49 pm

"Ben Renner. Nice to meet you. Are you a fan, by chance?" she said, stealing glances at the pizza as her stomach just continually berated her for ignoring it.

Getting pulled back to him, her eyes would look into his.

"Oh? Ah heheh.. heh. Yeah. I'm just a little hungry, ya know. Long flight." she had just realized her hand was still in his and she pulled it back a blush burning hot on her face. She placed her hands into her pockets, the small bag on her back shifting as she did.

You know, Tyuki... you did just get back from a long vacation of finding yourself. You should be more confident now. You're a grown woman. You're smart, sometimes, and capable of anything you set your mind to. You can have lunch with this random stranger. You've done worse in the past, right? What's worse than actually feeling any kind of empathy toward Lucius Alba, right? Although, everyone misunderstands him... he's not so bad. But this isn't the time, nor the place. You should just shut up and say yes. It's not like he's some psycho fan that's going to try and kill you. And he probably can't anyway. You're Tyuki fuckin' Gold. Nothing can kill you. Except for grapes.

"As long as there isn't any grapes. I'm actually severely allergic to those. But sure. I'm starving." she turned so that she was walking next to him now, making it apparent she was ready to go wherever he was leading her.

She would walk with him, contemplating small talk as they went. "So, where were you coming from?" she asked, glancing at him as they moved through the crowds of people. She was almost a full head shorter than he was, and part of her liked being the small one near friends, but craning her neck to look up at him didn't help. Even if he was gorgeous.

-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 15th 2017, 9:28 pm

A sly sassy grin grew across Ben's face as Tyuki asked if he was a fan. He just picked her out after a few moments after she'd been dead to the world for a year. Granted that could have meant he just watched news or was up to date on pop culture. Despite both of those being true, it was definitely not the reason that he had so quickly figured out who she was.

I am most definitely a fan he replied enthusiastically. The handful of concert tees from various shows of their's that he kept in rotation beneath his doctoral attire could attest to that. While that may or may not have scored him a few points with her, what it definitely wasn't going to do was boost his confidence about this as she grabbed his hand once more and informed him of her grape allergy. The comment pulled him out of what was almost an uncertain mental spiral and instead produced a sort of knowing laugh.

I wouldn't worry about coming in contact with any grapes where we're going. I doubt they've got anything as healthy as a grape there. Another chuckle escaped from him. It's a good thing you're hungry too. Portion control is not something they're concerned with. Maybe not the best lead off there genius the ever present anxiety itched at the back of his brain. Let's go stuff our faces full of gargantuan proportions. No one has ever looked more attractive then with a Primanti's sandwich shoved down their gullet. The sarcasm in his inner dialogue was less than appreciated but he had bigger concerns, like lying about what exactly he'd been doing on his little "business trip".

Leading Tyuki, her hand in hers, they strolled out of the terminal towards the airport parking lot as Ben spoke to answer her question. Well he began, trying to think of how best to frame this. Lying, though something he had become very good at throughout his life was none the less something that he hated doing. But anymore in life it seemed that was all he could do, especially around people he most wanted to be honest with. I was actually coming from a dental conference in LA. Which I suppose segues well into the fact that I'm a dentist, well a dental surgeon. None of this was overtly a lie. He had actually attended a dental conference while in LA, it just wasn't the true purpose behind his trip.

And what about you miss Tyuki? Ben said, with an excitable bounce to his words. What exactly made you drop off the face of the earth for a better part of a year? This was a very playful question. The reality was that he was very certain he wouldn't be finding out. Mostly because he assumed it was for personal reasons, not exactly the sort of events that one would reveal to a stranger upon first meeting them, especially as someone in the public spotlight. The thought crossed his mind they maybe the question was crossing some sort of line as he opened the door of his VW GOLF R. Not exactly the sexiest car ever, but it was an incredibly fun drive and Ben didn't see any reason to add any more flair or pageantry to his life. The Veil was more than enough.

Raise Hell Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 16th 2017, 1:08 am

She smiled, her hand staying in his. It kind of felt... natural? OR maybe it was the fact she had almost no physical interaction with anyone in a long, long time and just the act of holding hands was pleasing to her. Who knew, really?

The fact he was a fan of her band made her smile even wider. "That's kind of amazing. Most of my fans are either really young, or just... well, a bit crazy. It's nice to know there's some more.. normal ones out there, Ben." she said his name again. She just wanted to test out how it sounded when she said it. It made her giggle internally. It was just such a classic name and she loved things like that. Her name, on the other hand, was just so... it felt like something you would name an anime character. She always wondered why her parents had picked her name. Especially given the fact her dad was Paxson Gold and her mom was Ariana DiMartino. Shrugging mentally, Tyuki looked back to Ben as they walked.

He reassured her that there would be no grapes where they were going, and that was a huge relief. She actually let out a big sigh to show how relieved she was.

"That sounds amazing, to be honest. I'm starving. I hope you're not going to be expecting me to order a salad and just pick at my food. I literally eat almost anything, and don't be mad if you order something and I want some, too." blurting it out, Tyuki just let out a laugh and walked with a pep in her step now. Her hand shifted in Ben's grip, her fingers lacing with his as they walked.

Could it be fate that she could meet a nice guy on her first day back in America? That was just, too rare, right? Something bad was going to happen later! She could feel it in the pit of her stomach. She just had to make sure nothing bad happened to ruin her [almost] perfect day! The only thing that would make this day even more perfect would be able to take a nap curled up on a soft bed with really soft pillows and a soft blanket. And maybe Ben. Naps are cooler than sex. At least, in Tyuki's book!

"Oh what? You're a dental surgeon? So you're a doctor? Holy!" she cut herself off before she cursed, her free hand waving as she spoke.

"That's awesome! Don't be freaked out if I ask you to look at my teeth, okay?" she said, a soft laugh escaping her.

She finally realized that they were out by a car. It was a volkaswagen! She actually loved these cars, and if she had to ever own one, she would have likely picked a Jetta over a Golf! This guy was getting better and better. Sliding into the seat after taking off her backpack, she placed it on the floor board between her feet and strapped herself in. When he got into the car, she decided to answer his question to her best ability. She was really bad at lying, but she was also pretty good at telling the truth without giving out all the details.

"You don't have to call me Miss. Hahaha..." trailing off, she tucked a bit of hair behind of her ear and wiped her hand over her face. "Well, I got into a pretty bad fight with some people I know... Suffered some broken bones." She rubbed her arms gently, and then cleared her throat and looked at him, partially turning in her seat as he got settled in the driver seat.

"And after that, I took a vacation. I actually went to Europe for a while, and then to a few other countries. I was in Belarus first, then I went to Greece, and then Egypt then I was in Switzerland, and finally I decided to end my vacation and I came back home. I met a lot of cool people while I was gone, and I gotta say... that hiatus was really nice. I felt bad for not telling anyone where I was. While I was in Egypt I went... uh. Sky diving! And then when I was in Switzerland I took this cool training course for uhm.. Self defense!" smiling, she sat back in the chair and moved her hair out of her eyes, her breathing just a bit fast. She hadn't openly lied to him. She had just left out a lot of details of what had happened. And when she said it that way, it literally just did sound like she had decided to go on a hiatus from life and just... spend time with herself.

In reality, she had gone through a traumatic experience and then event after event lead to her finally finding herself and she came back home.

"But, anyway. Tell me about this food place. IS it delicious stuff? And, are you from around here? Did I ask that already?" she asked, pulling out her cell phone. It had a yellow case and a little diamond charm with a big A carved into it. That was a sign to remind her of Atlas... forever! He had taught her so much, but she would just say she got it out of one of those toy capsules on her vacation if it was brought up. After all, it wasn't weird for a girl to have a phone charm, was it?

-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 24th 2017, 9:33 pm

Ben smiled through Tyuki's general enthusiasm for just about everything as he listened to her speak. She was just so damn full of life, like a joyous energy just overflowed from everything that she did and said. Damn he thought, actually taken aback a bit by just her bubbly personality. It was a serious breath of fresh air. So often he spent time worrying and paranoid, stuck down in his own head, droning over every minute wrong in himself and the world. That was certainly not where she was coming from and god he couldn't get enough of it. Her light was infectious, cementing the genuine smile on Ben's face.

But of course there is always a little cloud to hamper the sunlight. His almost intoxicated joy stopped as Tyuki responded to his inquiry about her disappearance. A hatred built in Ben as he heard what she had to say, that she had been in fight and had bones broken because of it.

Who would do something like that? he blurted out. This woman was a ray of sunshine, what kind of evil fuck would want to cause her harm. Unfortunately he knew, not who did it to her specifically but the sorts of people that looked to snuff out genuine happiness. They were the sorts of people he hunted as The Veil and a small dark part of him hoped that Tyuki would drop a name. Regardless of who they were, he could come up with something on them, some justification to hunt them down.

Stop it stop it! his inner monologue scolded, pulling him out of a dark downward smile. This is not Veil time, this is Ben time. You're taking her out, showing her a good time. Fucking enjoy it. Save the dark stuff for later. For now just...chill. For once he could find no argument for his conscious' words. He legitimately enjoyed being around Tyuki, no need to spoil that with his cynicism and paranoia.

Luckily he was good at multitasking, listening in to Tyuki's tale as he shifted through Pittsburgh traffic away from the airport and towards the city's strip district. Sounds like you did a little soul searching while you were gone. Regardless of what started it I hope you found whatever it was you were looking for. If nothing else it sounds like a killer vacation. Ben chuckled as he said this, a tiny bit envious of the life that she must lead to be able to take a trip like that. The sights the smell, the local cuisine. Speaking of...

Where are we going? he confirmed with the beauty in his passenger's seat as they entered the slightly dilapidated and ever busy strip. You are about to taste a Pittsburgh staple! Clearly he was excited, it shone through in his loose posture and the almost rehearsed, exaggerated tone to his words. I present to you... he drummed on the steering wheel as they rounded past the fish market and off to a little hole in the wall bar and restaurant at the edge of the strip with a neon red sign out front Primanti Brothers! His left arm shot out as if to present some grand monument as they pulled in front of it, his other hand moving to the shifter, putting them into reverse before taking a parking spot.

Come on he motioned excitedly as he quickly unbuckled from the car and leapt over to the passenger's side door to open it for Tyuki. Leaning on the door as she exited the vehicle Ben continued. So I'm not from "around here" around here, more like an hour or so away. But if I ever stopped in the city as a kid, my family would take me to one of these places. Reaching out for her hand, he'd eagerly lead her towards the door. You however get the pleasure of having your first Primanti sandwhich from the original place, the one that invented our delightful gluttonous pittsburgh style sandwich.

With a pep in his step he lead her inside the dingy, ill lit little place. It was only in this sort of place that true culinary genius could occur. He practically buzzed as they sat down at a little booth along a wall crowded with pictures of pittsburgh sports icons inside the place alongside presidents and other well known figures. And as a menu was sat down in front of them Ben practically glowed.

So these aren't your normal everyday sandwiches. he explained, flipping open a menu to find the list of meats for a primanti's sandwich smack dab in the middle. They stack these things high with as much deli meat as they can fit, then cram a big handful of coleslaw and fries on top and trap it all in between two thick slices of sourdough bread. It was almost like a commercial for the damn things as Ben spoke. The only thing you've gotta decide is what sort of meat you want and whether or not you're throwing an egg on it. Patiently he sat, awaiting her response, only realizing after he had stopped talking that he may have gotten a little too carried away about all of this.

Raise Hell Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 24th 2017, 11:36 pm

Only glancing at her phone for a moment, she found herself turned in her seat sideways, looking at Ben as they drove. She would move her hands and tell her story as she stared at him. There was something that she just couldn't figure out about him, and she liked it. A dentist that loved her band. And he was good looking. The rarity in that was just too surreal.

But, then he had to ask who had done it, or who would do that to her.

"Well, uhm. Just a huge jerk, to be honest. I don't really want to talk about it!" adding a soft, semi-fake laugh to the end of it, she changed the subject fast, making sure to go into a more suitable car conversation.

"Yeah, I'd say it was soul searching. I had a good time, to be honest. I missed my friends and family a lot though..." frowning for a split second, she pepped right back up and moved her hand to rest on his arm as she spoke.

"Ooh!" she said, excitedly bouncing in her seat as she shifted, tucking a foot underneath of herself. The seat belt would move a bit, a click being heard as she had stretched it to it's maximum extension. It then clicked again when she leaned back against the chair. She made a little 'oof' sound as the belt trapped her against the chair, but she had done it to herself by moving so much.

You dummy... scolding herself, she just laughed mentally and made herself comfortable.

"Mmmn. I'm so excited! And starrrving! The peanuts they give you on the plane ride is just never satisfying!" her stomach would audibly growl, making quite the noise as she felt a blush steal her cheeks. She would remove her hand from his arm as she moved to shift gears and place the car into reverse to get them into a good parking spot.

Getting out of the car, she let out a yelp and leaned into the car as another vehicle whipped passed them on the street.

"Oh jeeze! People are hasty around here." she said, leaving her book bag on the floor board of Ben's car. They were obviously coming back to it. It would be bad if he just ditched her here. But, she wouldn't blame him if he did. She could be extremely annoying at times.

Extremely annoying.

His hand would extend for her's, and she gladly accepted it. Her fingers would weave between his, a skip in her step as well as she moved to his side. A wide smile was on her face, her cheeks making her eyes almost close from how wide she smiled. Her face was starting to hurt from all the smiling she had been doing today.

Sliding into the booth across from Ben, she grabbed her own menu and started to look over the whole thing. Everything sounded so good! She bit her lower lip in thought, rocking her lower jaw back and forth as she hummed. Her eyes would scan the menu, the emerald green catching the glint off of the little light that was in the restaurant.

"I think I'm ready to order!" she said, looking up after less then ten seconds of reading the menu. She had settled on one big sandwich with roast beef, turkey, ham, bacon, and topped with an egg, also with a side of fries and a large pop! The waitress took her order, Ben's order, and scurried off to get the sandwiches made.

Reaching into her pocket, she started to fish around for money, and found a crumpled 20 euro note. She had spent a little too much time in Europe... and realized that it would likely not help her here.

"Uhm. I don't think Euros will pay for lunch." laughing to herself more than anything.

"So. You grew up an hour away from here? I kind of grew up all over the world." she said, smiling for the bazillionth time.

"Like, I think I was born in New York City, so I'm an American Citizen, but I also have Italian Citizenship as well as Japan Citizenship. Cause, you know, my dad was Paxson Gold, the famous guitar player from Japan, and my mom was an Italian model... Man. I miss them." sighing softly, Tyuki glanced off to the side, her eyes taking in all the pictures on the wall. She kept letting her eyes drift until she came across a photo collage of heroes from America.

Her face immediately paled when she saw a photo of herself on the wall. What the hell?

-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron September 29th 2017, 5:44 pm

A soft smile worked its way onto Ben's face as Tyuki ordered. Guess this wasn't such a bad idea after all he thought, once more mulling over the idea that he'd just brought this woman to a little dive as her introduction to his city. But clearly she'd taken to it, immediately ordering a sandwich and a side of fries. Yea you're not gonna need those he thought, ordering a pastrami sandwich with double meat and adding an egg. His stomach grumbles a little in anticipation of the mountain of meat and fries and coleslaw that would be arriving at their table in about 15 minutes. As their waitress left them, Tyuki produced a 20 note euro from her pocket. I'm pretty sure this place only starting taking cards a few years ago he chuckled theres no way they're gonna take that. But no worries, it's on me. He waved his hand once as he said this, attempting to stop any protest before leaning back in his seat with his arms crossed and an eyebrow cocked.

Did you think I was gonna make you pay? he asked earnestly, his inner dialogue already at it questioning his actions. Dude its not the freaking twenties, maybe she wanted to pay for her meal. Maybe you just offended her and her ability to take care of herself. Quieting the voice of doubt in his head Ben nodded a simple "yup" as Tyuki asked if he had grown up close to hear before patiently listening to her own background.

New York, Italy, Japan, she really had been all over the place and that had to have only been as a kid. Seems like you never really stopped traveling Ben replied, both in reference to her career and the year or so long disappearance. It was such a radically different lifestyle from his own it took a little to really wrap his head around it. Life as a kid had taken place within a 50 mile radius of home, he graduated from high school with people he'd known since he could barely speak and he lived in a typical 2.5 kids and a dog suburban family. Just another reason that this isn't gonna work the self deprecating voice chimed in right on que. Luckily his attention was quickly drawn away before he could start mentally beating himself up.

Tyuki was looking off in the distance at the walls of signed pictures from various celebrities and public figures who had visited this place. With a quick turn behind him Ben tried to gauge who she was looking at before turning back to her. It was only then that he noticed the faintest hint of shock on her face. One more double take and he confirmed that she was eyeing the corner of the wall that housed those that called themselves superheroes.

A little surprising to see they've got a superhero section right? I mean just the image of someone in spangly tights walking into this place to sign a picture makes me laugh. He turned once more, swinging his arm over the back of the booth to get a better look at the wall. Can't you just see it, someone like Atlas or one of The Talons strutting in here? They'd stick out like a sore thumb he laughed earnestly before turning back to his date. You could have asked me a million times and I never would have guessed this would be how today would go he thought without realizing the contented smile that had plastered itself on his face.

Raise Hell Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 6th 2017, 2:07 am

"Huh?" she asked, tearing her eyes away from the wall as Ben asked her if she could just see someone like that walking into a place like this.

"I mean, haven't they? Isn't that why they got their picture on the wall?" she asked, turning her head to the side in a curious fashion. Her hair would fall over her shoulder, cascading to rest so elegantly. The edge of her ear stuck out from between the ebony strands, as well as the blue lightning bolt earrings she wore.

They were an homage to her most recent ex-boyfriend, but that was almost a year ago now... he was probably in a better place, and it made her worry way less about trying to save him. Or anyone, for that matter.

And that's when it hit her. What in the world had she gotten herself into? Was she really letting her walls down that easily with this guy? Was she so naive that she could just allow someone she had just met back into her life? Why was she always like this... stupid, stupid Tyuki. Always letting your head float into the clouds rather than keeping yourself grounded like you should.

She took another large bite out of her sandwich and moaned in happiness, the food definitely being something she most definitely missed about America. It could be the grease, or the simplicity of it all, but either way, she missed it so much.

Not to knock the food she had while she was over seas in the smaller villages she roamed... no, definitely not. They had great food, too. But nothing can beat an all Americanized sandwich with a large order of fries.

Horns blaring, screeching brakes, and then screams of terror erupted outside of the little sandwich shop. A speeding truck had crashed right into a credit union that was about two blocks down, and in doing so, made six more cars pile up. Their drivers had slammed on the brakes in attempts to not cause a pile up, but some of them were just not fast enough.

Two taxis, a minivan, and two sports styled vehicles were rammed into one another. Ironically, Ben's car was completely unscathed.

As it all happened, everything seemed to be slowing down.

"Oh.. my God." Tyuki said, dropping her sandwich and standing up.

"I... I gotta." She said, a glimmer of light crawling over her irises. It happened so quickly it was unlikely that Ben had saw it. If he had, he could just pay it to his mind as a glare off of one of the shiny hub caps laying in the street.

Six big burly men crawled out of the large van, decked out in full combative gear and holding assault rifles. They had no names, but they were definitely your every day thugs that had the goal of robbing a bank. They wore what looked like riot gear.

"... GET DOWN!" Tyuki yelled, moving over in front of a small child in a high chair. She plucked the kid out, ducking down as her free hand grabbed hold of the young mother sitting in the booth. Holding onto the child, Tyuki could almost feel the bullets raining into the store window, ripping over head as one of the thugs sprayed to ensure no one pursued the four that went into the credit union.

They must really need money.

Amidst the chaos, Tyuki found this opportunity to dash away from Ben. She made her way out of the shop and to his car.

"I'm so sorry... I hope your insurance covers this." She then punched right through the window and grabbed her bag, pulling a small compact device from it.

As she did, she pressed a button on it. Out of it popped a suit that replaced her current clothes, a thin tuxedo styled mask covering her eyes. She then threw her bag with one good heave, it landing on top of a building across the street with a loud thud.

Standing now was none other than Eclipse. It had been exactly one year since this masked heroine had been spotted.

And now here she was.

Her new suit still donned the black and gold colors, but it wasn't a full on body suit. She had on gloves, and knee high boots, the short sleeved top of the leotard piece swooping into a curved neckline, exposing her collar bones brilliantly.

Taking in a sharp breath, she opened her mouth to shout at the thugs.

"HEY! If you're going to shoot someone, shoot me!" she commanded, her voice filled to the brim with confidence as two large white wings unfurled from behind of her. They spread out, curling just at the ends to make herself appear larger than she was.

The Eclipse was here.

-My DeviantArt-
Raise Hell JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron May 7th 2018, 10:40 pm

Yea I mean they would have to come in here to do itBen threw over his shoulder, eyes still scanning over the masked heroes in the pictures. And they get praised for that nonsense, hailed as heroes the inner monologue spit out with more than its usual contempt. If you walked in here all dressed up you'd have the cops called on you before you could blink...that or the lady behind the counter would just shoo...

His thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the crunch of metal and shattering of glass outside the restaurant. Fucking Pittsburgh drivers he rolled his eyes before turning back to Tyuki. But what he saw was not the typical car accident he had expected. A seven or so car pile up had formed outside the establishment, men in riot gear were already stepping out of the large van at the front of the crash. Before Ben even realized what was going on Tyuki was on her feet.

Get down! he tried to call out, reaching for her arm. But she was already on the move, bolting to the front of the store. Tyuki wait! he screamed out, his eyes tracing the line of the barrel of one of the assault rifle aiming into the glass of the diner's front facade. Get down! his inner voice echoed as he overturned the table in front of him and ducked behind it.

The next thing he knew he was on the ground the sounds of gunfire cracking above him. This is not how today was supposed to fucking go his inner monologue growled. Once more they were in agreement. Bursts of gunfire continued to ring out above occasionally sending shattered glass and wood fragments splintering over the makeshift barricade. Tyuki is out there, she ran straight into the gunfire. What in the hell was she thinking?! That thought was quickly replaced by another you know she's already dead right? Ben let out a scream as he clutched his hands to his head, the gunfire and his anger blending together to drown out his restless mind. Getting in his head now could get him killed. He needed a clear head, he needed a plan.

Timing out the bursts of gunfire he peaked around the table into the broken establishment. A body lay in the middle of the floor, an older man. A quick scan over the room seemed to show a few injuries but no one else killed. More importantly no Tyuki. No idea where she went, no idea where she'd even be going. At least I know she somehow made it out he thought, ducking back behind the table. I need to do the same.

Another burst of fire and Ben sprinted behind the bar and threw open the door to the kitchen. Gotta be an entrance for the employees, probably lets out in the back alley. I'll have cover there and a second to think. Maybe I can get to my car and...his mind reeled for a second and he cursed under his breath. Elysium was in pieces back home. No Elysium means no medical supplies, can't help anyone inside. He dashed through the kitchen, colliding with hanging cookwear and sending it careening to the floor. Bursting thought the back entrance his head went on a swivel. Car's still intact, good he thought, shooting a glance over to the bank. There was enough chaos going on that no one should be paying him much mind but he crouched low over toward the car just in case.

Throwing open the door he noted the busted out window. Must've been debris from the wreck he rationalized as he flung open the back door and tucked himself into the back seat. He peeked up once more to scan the surrounding buildings. Nothing but an alley cam, shouldn't see me cha... His thought was cut off as he lay eyes on the back of a woman in brilliant black and gold, white wings unfurling from her back.

"HEY! If you're going to shoot someone, shoot me!" she exclaimed towards the men entering the bank. Quite the distraction, thanks Ben thought to the vaguely familiar looking hero. All eyes would be on her, of that he had no doubt, giving him just enough time to get suited up himself.

Popping open the false bottom in the the trunk, the components that made up The Veil lay before him. It was an older suit, a backup in case of an emergency like this one but it would do just fine. With haste he donned the dark trench coat, lending just a moment to check his haltothane and smoke grenades. Boots came next, haphazrdly laced, then the gloves and finally his impact resistant gas mask. Taking in a deep breath, he'd reach up to the canisters and tighten them down, allowing them to filter his air. Show time.

Like a cat on the prowl he crawled from within the car and over the wreckage being sure to make as little sound as possible shutting the door. All eyes still on the golden clad hero The Veil would circle around to the front of the wreckage, all the while sneaking glances back at the winged woman. Oh yea cute, make goo goo eyes at the metahuman you know nothing about, that couldn't possibly end poorly. You forget about Tyuki already? He shook his head, trying to shake the nagging thoughts from it. Tyuki had bolted and she wasn't in the diner. For all he knew she got lucky and got out. But right now he had a bigger problem, stopping a group of thugs in riot gear and avoiding pissing off the unknown metahuman.

Reaching into his coat, Ben would produce a single halothane grenade and hurl it towards the entrance of the building. The thin veil of white smoke trailed behind it before it hit the ground spinning violently as it spewed its payload. Quickly he ducked back behind the cars, listening for movement from the armed men ahead of him. Please don't end up being one of the crazies he thought back to the intimidating winged figure, hoping beyond hope that she would prove to be an ally in this situation.

Raise Hell Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top