The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Cale the human I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Cale the human

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Cale the human Empty Cale the human

Post by Asmodeus February 26th 2015, 9:31 pm

Cale
"I didn't even want to make something that could change the world. I just wanted to make something that could save me."

Basic Biography

Pseudonym: Cale Z. Malik
Hero Name: The Engineer or "The Progenitor"
Title: "The Progenitor"
Alignment: Neutral Good
Occupation(s): Gang-member.
Race: Human
Hair: Black
Eyes: Blue
Height: 6'4"
Weight: 250 lbs.
Blood type: AB-

The Looks

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
   The kind of person yo mama warned you about.

History:
  Cale Malik was actually born under the name Tori Z. Mitchell. He was the son of a New York minister and a C.I.A deputy director for a mother. He had an older sister, Naomi, and two younger brothers named Noah and Asher. He was raised in an Anti-Metahuman household due to their father's insane religious bullcrap that all metahumans were the spawn of Satan. Thank God that he didn't know about Queen Chelle, Nate or that blue-flame dude who burned the cops or that would have just added fuel to the fire. Pun semi-intended.

With his father always writing sermons and constantly delving into his Bible, and his mother constantly working, Tori was forced to spend the majority of his childhood hand in hand with his older sister, Naomi. Practically raised by his older sister, Tori found comfort in the fact that they were a close as they were. The unfortunate part of the equation was when his mother revealed she was going to have yet another child. Tori kept quiet but he couldn't believe that they were going to have ANOTHER child, especially when they could hardly take care of their first two as it was. Taking comfort in the fact that Naomi would be raising them, most likely, he kept his mouth shut. Of course he was very pained and deeply disturbed when he found out that it would most likely be him raising his little brother.

The C.I.A apparently received information on a metahuman pulling some heroics at a nearby bank, saving three people with the ability to generate barriers that nullified kinetic force by instantaneously converting it to potential energy. A powerful little trick to be sure. Their mother was almost appalled, however, to learn that it was her own daughter whom had done such a feat. When the news was brought to their father, he was outraged. He proceeded to scold and disown Naomi, throwing her into the streets. She was allowed to take with her the very things she came into their world with, and then Naomi was never spoken of within the household again. Tori was devastated, but he knew that it was his job now to be there for Noah, just as Naomi had been there for him. Tori remembered asking his father what happened to Naomi, and he was back-handed for doing so. He asked his mother and all he got was a sigh and a pat on the head with the promise she was better off. So now he was back haneded by one parent, and the other parent made it sound like they offed her.

Award winning pedigree aside, Tori essentially raised Noah. It was the Winchester brothers against the world. They loved Supernatural, and the relationship was uncanny, but that aside they too were two children with distant and uninvolved parents they rarely ever saw. The only real difference was that their parents didn't make them change schools every week. His mom did hunt metahuman "monsters" for a living though... John Winchester FTW. So as he raised Noah he was shocked to learn that one lunch break lead to another and that their mother and father were expecting yet another child. Two jokes about his mother being a factory later and he got another backhand from his father, then he got sent to his room without dinner. Then he got the privilege to try and be an example for both Noah AND soon enough their newest little addition to the family, Asher. Of course he soon found out the depths to his father's dickishness after he just so happened to be home and intercept a call from his mother's delivery doctor.

Apparently the baby, Asher had already shown signs of abnormal mutation, the style seemed to suggest that the child would be born with the metagene. Of course Tori was terrified. His father humiliated his sister and disowned her without a care for her well being AFTER the third Trimester. What was his father going to do about one that still was legally not considered an independent life? He resorted to pretending to be his father and dismissing the call. Of course he wasn't thinking clearly and he was shocked when his mother confronted him about lying and pretending to be his father. When Tori spazzed out at his mother, she was oddly receptive. She agreed that she was not going to get an abortion, nor was she going to give up the child. Apparently she believed she had given up enough for her husband, and after all these years if he couldn't come to accept and love his children for who and what they were then there was nothing she could do for him.

As expected the father demanded an abortion. Tori's mother refused and an enraged father threatened to GIVE her an abortion then, but when he made any move Tori got in the way. There was a good swipe to the head and then the trained professional stepped in and dropped the dumbass religious leader with little problem. Taking Tori and Noah, as well as her unborn Asher, she traveled all day and all night to California. In California they found that their Aunt had been expecting them and she had prepared the place for her guests.

Life in California was difficult to be sure. Their mother had to take two jobs just to support the three growing boys. Their Aunt pitched in as she could. The best part for Tori was finding out that his father's church got a massive phallical ship dropped on it not long after they left. The man could go before God and piss himself as he stammered and choked on his own tongue trying to come up with excuses. Noah found himself a little colder... that's just a bad joke really. He found out that he was also a metahuman, and that his gift was the gift of Cryokinesis. The youngest brother, Asher was the age of five as he began to discover and delve into his own meta-powers. Tori continued to essentially "raise" his little brothers and take part time jobs to help pitch in some funding with his mother.

It had been a year since they moved to California, but they were due for a new shock. A shock that had even Tori standing still. Naomi, his disowned sister picked him out of a crowd and immediately flocked to him, crying and sobbing over her now grown little brother. Of course it was an entire reunion before long, and Naomi was introduced to her youngest sibling, Asher. Naomi expressed relief as she believed that they had been present when NYC had gone down, thanks to Olympus and Dr.Necrodium. No seriously, thank you. Their dad was a dick. That aside, they had a heartfelt reunion. It was explained to Tori that their mother used a contact at the C.I.A to get in touch with Naomi and shipped her out this way to live with their aunt until she could support herself.

Naomi recounted how she came across a group known as "Seraphim" which was a group of all metahumans that essentially worked as law-bringers and peace keepers that sustained themselves off of donations. Of course they had some "hero for hire" work they delved into, but there was nothing but the best of intentions and a strict moral policy with how to deal and conduct yourself as a member. Immediately enraptured by his sister's success, Tori found himself, once again, trying to follow in her footsteps. Trying to make a name for himself, trying to make an insane amount of money for simply using his god-given talents. No that has nothing to do with prostitution. His natural god-given gifts were his knack for mathematics, engineering and even more specifically his ability to design robots.

Days turned to weeks. Weeks turned to months. With each passing day Tori worked harder and harder. His drive and ambition was growing, and his inner fire was raging. There were days when he accomplished breakthroughs that made him proud. There were days when he accomplished absolutely nothing. There were days when he felt like his dream was closer than he realized. Then there were days where he felt so far behind. Like the day his brother Noah turned sixteen and was actually accepted as a junior member of Seraphim. He felt so far behind his brother, even though he was older. What really irritated him was the day Noah said "Yeah, don't worry. It's my turn to take care of you." Granted, it was a sweet and nice gesture. Unfortunately that wasn't what Tori wanted. He was the big brother. It was HIS job to take care of Noah. He was determined to be the tip dog again...so he worked even harder. It didn't matter if he was human. He would take care of his brothers, and more importantly he wouldn't LOSE to his brothers. Especially not just because of a stupid metagene.

His hard work one day finally paid off. In a dream one night he had a vision of himself standing with someone. This person told him something, something he couldn't remember. this person was someone he wanted to listen to though, someone he desperately wanted to remember, but for no reason at all he was left drawing a blank. He was inspired though, for whatever reason his meeting this person devolved into an utter nightmare that scared him awake, yet somehow caused a spurring of muse and creative energy. He finally finished his creation, and just like that...he vanished.

The next time anyone saw him, Noah and Naomi were in their Seraphim headquarters, looking at someone who took the name "Cale". Cale was none other than Tori, though he somehow had developed superpower. The superpowers allowed him the ability to create barriers of some kind, though Noah and Naomi were cautious they openly welcomed their brother, and honored his request to keep his affiliation with them as hidden and distant as possible.

Now along side being "Heroes for Hire" the group was also a full time crime-fighting group. The only difference between them and mercenaries was the fact that they only handled things of a heroic nature, and they did it without pay at times. In truth, Tori honestly wondered why they didn't just change their name to "Heroes for donation...if you have the money." or something to that effect. Regardless, it was a burning hospital in December. Naomi, her boyfriend Barachiel and her friend Liliel went to put out the fire. Tori on the other hand was to stay awake and guard the Lighthouse, in case this was one of the groups Rogue gallery attempting to lure them all away. Unfortunately that was not the case, and that was the night that Naomi ultimately lost her life. The entire burning hospital was a ploy to pull Naomi out into the open.

Tori remained all evening, but by time someone came back it was with bad news. Naomi had died while trying to heal a child that had suffered burns. The funeral was a short service, but if things weren't bad enough, Castiel confronted him about not having any real metahuman abilities. Much to Tori's thanks, Castiel had no interest in revealing him, but offered uplifting words, especially when Nuriel and his mother blamed Tori for not protecting Naomi. Tori fell away from his family a little once more, though found his way back when Barachiel explained to Nuriel what had happened.

Despite being on good terms with his family once more, Naomi's death was one that hit Tori hard. He decided that he would never again lose anyone. He would find a way to live forevermore. He was going to do it, and no one would stop him. He was truly convinced of this. He instantly began creating robots once more, but soon he realized that simply creating an automatron or a moving hunk of metal wasn't enough. Oh no. He needed to create life. Living, sentient life. Dead sentient life was pointless, after all. So with a little research and a lot of time with his thoughts, he began to develop and learn, to grow and flourish. It took time, but finally Tori had succeeded. He had created a device able to connect to every mechanical thing in existence. This item was something Tori called "The Nexus", and it was a very precious device. With this device created, it was only a matter of time before Tori would be able to harness the power of creation and usher forth sentient life.

For now, however, Tori still resides in L.A, though he is often times found at the old lighthouse a good ways away from the city. He serves as "Resident asshole that guards the gates" that doesn't let anyone through who shouldn't get through. He also works to train pupils like his two younger brothers how to control their powers. Though the name Tori has been forever washed away, even to his brothers and his own mother. Now he's simply known as "Cale".

In the events of Future Shock, Cale killed himself and become Progenitor, however the instability of the core caused a schism in time-space and sent him reeling back to a time before Future shock happened, leaving him lost and confused...knowing the future and what it has to hold...but unsure of what any of it means.

The Powers

Genius: Cale may never have gotten the chance to finish High-school, but he is in no way, shape or form uneducated or mentally inept. While he may not be able to rival some superhuman braniac typed nerds, it is without a doubt that this young man has the mental capacity to do great things. He is within human levels of genius, though there are times people wonder if his genius and understanding is perhaps...superhuman.

Robotics Expertise: Cale is beyond any normal human when it comes to delving into the world of robotics. It's his robots, in fact, which allow him to deceive his fellow gang members into believing he is in fact a metahuman. His most recurring and prominent robotic creations are listed on a secondary application. He is already listed on the C.I.A logs for his ability to create amazing and efficient robots.

Peak Human Physiology: Cale works hard, trains hard and is ever vigilant. Of course he is still, only human. He can run with the best of them, he can lift weights and throw punches with the best of them, he's got impeccable reflexes and trains to know the martial prowess he will need in order to shield his allies in times of danger and keeps his immune system and conditioning training at his peak.

The Weaknesses

Everybody Lies...: Cale's dirty little secret is the fact that he is in fact a human, living amongst a "gang" of heroes for hire that requires him to be a metahuman. Being as these people are his "family" now and they are his means of food, shelter and employment he is dead-set on keeping everyone fooled. If one were to discover he were in fact only human, it could be used to make him fold like a lawn chair.

I'm only human: Cale is only human. While the metahumans around him don't question his superhuman "powers" it's quite obvious that he is still on a human's level physically. He stands no real chance against a physcial brawl against another metahuman with an advanced physical nature.  

Genius? yes. Know it all? Hardly: Cale can only learn at a humans pace. He is not superhuman in processing speeds or information digesting. His genius is in innovation and in invention. He is by all means a genius...but in combat and in a survival setting that will only do so much.

Faulty Powers: Cale's "powers" are not his own, they are projections of his robots. Therefore, if one of his robots malfunctions or is damaged his powers become unreliable and he becomes a larger liability rather than an asset.

Family Matters: Cale prioritizes his family in all things. They take priority over his robots, his powers and his "family" at Seraphim.

Minions/Allies/Robots

Bulwark:

Aegis:

Nostro:

Advancement II:

The Matrix (Adv III):

RP Mechanics

Great Willpower: (Advancement I) This allows Cale to suspend his human limitations for a short period of time, akin to a berserker, or think very fast and provide a critical fight or flight boost. Basically this is an adrenalin rush that also makes him immune to mind control/hacking and allows him the ability to forcibly expel a telepath from his mind. Primarily an RP mechanic

From me flows life, from me flows Machina: (Rp Mechanic) - Robots, for some reason will never kill Cale. They may attempt but before they actually can kill him or deliver a killing blow they stop and "forget" the kill order or glitch to reorient themselves to thinking the order had already been carried out. If this were to, for some reason, come up in combat then Cale obviously would lose the combat portion.

You're like an open book...with machine parts: (Rp Mechanic) - Cale has a form of pseudo-telepathic bond with all his creations. He has such an in depth understanding of them and their programming that when he couples it with their "body language" he is able to perfectly understand what they are thinking, and generally what point they are trying to convey to him.

Seraphim Door man: Seraphim is a little gang of metahumans for hire where every member has their own "Angel name".  He is the "Door Man" for the Seraphim base, which is a functioning lighthouse with a warehouse built next to it.

Physical Priority

1 : Reaction : 1
2 : Endurance : 2
3 : Strength : 3
4 : Agility : 4

Last edited by Asmodeus on August 7th 2018, 2:50 am; edited 3 times in total
Asmodeus
Asmodeus
Post Mate
Post Mate

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 145
Job : The Progenitor of Robo-sapiens
Humor : :red:
Registration date : 2015-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cale the human Empty Re: Cale the human

Post by Alpha February 26th 2015, 9:41 pm

Approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell August 5th 2015, 8:42 pm

Advancement III added

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top