The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_vote_lcapShadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_voting_barShadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_vote_lcapShadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_voting_barShadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] Empty Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House]

Post by JustRuka July 29th 2014, 1:30 pm

Shadow Sanctuary [Hospe's Safe House] The_ot10

Base Name: Shadow Sanctuary

Purpose: Is located in empty and desolate Dawn's home dimension so it is quiet and safe enough for the woman to spend her time there, also is a great place for meditation. Contains Soul Beacons which serve as a library for magical and occult knowledge. Kind of like encyclopedia for all things occult.

Apperance: Since Dawn's dimension does not exhibit forces of gravity separate giant stone constructions float around a powerful magical core. Shadow Sanctuary was Dawn's childhood home ravaged by the not very lengthy war against the dimensional conqueror, it now resembles a giant ruin of a manor floating on a gigantic stone construction, if one would focus hard enough to look down it's edge they could see the giant Magical Core shining from far below. Since there is no atmosphere or Sun per se in the dimension the colors of the sky are varied and air's source is mystical by nature. Very few have left the dimension's version of Earth and seen what is beyond as even traveling further from the Shadow Sanctuary to the different zones of the planet makes the conditions unbearable as air grows thinner and air gets hotter or colder and interchanges between the two. The entire atmosphere and the color of the sky depends on the color of magic that the Magical Core emanates, sometimes it can be dark purple and sometimes green, those two are the most common colors but any other color is not unheard of.

The Sanctuary itself is basically run down and busted up ruins of once great manor, the rooms are somewhat usable but the walls and ceiling in most places are blown off and a lot of interior was ruined by the harsher conditions when the Magical Core was misbehaving. The entire Sanctuary still has protection from magical anomalies around it so being inside is safe from any sort of anomalies triggered by the Magical Core. Also if any people who are made of ordinary matter were to spend time inside the Sanctuary they would not suffer any damage as the manor’s protection would still be valid inside of it. Overall the magical protections of the Shadow Sanctuary are unbreakable to any magical assault due to it being designed to hold even the harshest misbehaviors of the Magical Core.  

Inside one of the rooms lay the Soul Beacons, they are placed in a hexagram at specific points and if one was to meditate inside of the room they would have access to most interdimensional magic and occult knowledge. They can also be used to help a person to cleanse one’s mind and recover from mental disorders or stress and illnesses better. Originally the Soul Beacons had access to absolutely any fact of occult knowledge no matter the universe or dimension however over the continuous damage that the Sanctuary took over the years made some of the information be lost and the Beacons a little bit damaged. Still their function as the library for the occult and magical is present. They can easily give information to the user about more famous magicians or spells or locations.

It is not uncommon to find another space body like a planet in the sky, sometimes they fly by quite close but no one has yet explored what kind of planets are those as no one in Domus dimension has ever traveled into space and returned. It could be possible that other planets are supporting life and that life is hostile or that the conditions are just unbearable. The only animals in the dimension are magical being in nature, they are not hunted as they are integral to the magical balance of the planet’s existence, every time an animal dies the Magical Core starts misbehaving and causes more anomalies and bad weather on the entire planet.

History: Shadow Sanctuary was built by Dawn’s father, the Sanctuary is a location unlike many others and if one was to look far enough one perhaps would be able to find more homes like the Sanctuary. It was built before Dawn’s father started a family as is usual within the Domus dimension, also as is the Domus way Dawn’s father invited many famous local mystics and mages to help create appropriate protection which any usual home needed because of the harmful effects of Magical Core damaging any unprotected structures over time. It used to be a quite large and sophisticated manor as there were very few limitations in having one, Domus did not have a currency, the manor was shaped from the natural stones and minerals of the dimension using magic to help them take shape and change their density and form.

Unlike most other homes Shadow Sanctuary survived the short war between the invading forces of the Overlord’s mechanical army and the local mages however it took quite a lot of damage because it offers no protection against forces of physics, only magic. It was on this location that the girl’s father put the stolen teleportation device and sent his daughter into the Earth dimension, eventually the building was ravaged even further after the Overlord came to reclaim his device, it was only a matter of luck that the place was not destroyed entirely.

Several years after being sent away Dawn returned to the Domus dimension and rebuilt a lot of the Sanctuary however she did not bother of making it very cozy or anything as sophisticated as it used to be, it is still a burnt to a crisp mineral fortress with the only remaining artifact of Soul Beacons in the entire dimension that Dawn stumbled upon after her return by mere chance in the rubble of another home further away. The Sanctuary floats on a continent of its own, Earth of Domus dimension is composed of several hundred thousand continents like the one Dawn’s ravaged childhood home is floating on. With every visit the woman tried to do more repairs using magic. It can also be used as a storage facility if someone wants to keep someone very safe and isolated and has a mean of traveling to the Domus dimension.

Wealth: 1 (I am not buying it though, it was always there and Dawn was living there for most of her life, I’m just registering it)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
JustRuka
JustRuka

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Job : Whatever I get my hands on during summer
Humor : My life is a humor -_-
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top