The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Martin Lang I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Martin Lang I_vote_lcapMartin Lang I_voting_barMartin Lang I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Martin Lang

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Lang Empty Martin Lang

Post by Binary December 22nd 2013, 2:44 am

Martin Lang
"NOIR"

Basic Biography

Nick Name:Noir
Title:
Alignment:CN
Race:Meta-Human
Hair:White
Eyes:Black
Height:5'8
Weight:130
Blood type:A+

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Martin is outspoken, outgoing and passionate. He is slow to judge and quick to accept. On top of this he is always looking for a good story, fiction or non-fiction doesn't really matter as long as its gripping and especially if he can be allowed to later tell that story. Unfortunately this can at times get him into trouble. With his infinite curiosity, its not uncommon for Martin to stumble into areas and situations where he has no business going. Whether this is just a lack of awareness or a disregard for his own life when it comes to gaining new information remains to be seen. Above all else, film is is his passion and he longs for the day that he'll be able to write and direct his own major blockbuster.

History:
It isn't easy being green...er...grey. However it goes Martin's life is well summed up by that goofy green hand-puppet. Lets get this little bit out of the way first. Martin Lang was born monochromatic, an interesting disorder to say the least. At birth the doctors actually believed he was dead, believing the grey skin to be a sign that he had been asphyxiated in the womb. But the the relief and surprise of all those around he let out a bellowing cry like any other healthy newborn, indicating that he was very much alive. Not to say that the doctor's weren't still concerned, the child was still grey, not exactly the most normal thing ever. After some testing the doctor's discovered what they suspected could be the only culprit. Little Martin had the meta gene, meaning that along with his black and white appearance would probably come some other freakish powers. As tactfully as they could have been, Martin's parents were informed and advised to watch their son very carefully should any strange powers develop in him. After all he could prove to be a danger not only to others but to himself. Honestly he was lucky they didn't take him away right then and their, what with all the strange experimentations and tests that seem to be performed on young meta children. But despite the odds he was taken home and watched over carefully by his parents.

Not that anything ever happened. Martin grew into adolescence without so much as an inkling to actual meta powers. But his classmates certainly expected it of him. Everyone he spoke to took one look at his skin and expected him to be able to do something amazing. Much to Martin's disappointment he would have to let them down, informing them that his powers went only as far as the color of his skin. It was tough, all the other kids had seen and knew about "superheros". They were plastered all over television, news stations and mass media constantly commented on and debated over. Martin longed for it and he was so close but all he was the appearance of a black and white film character. Once the other's found out about it, Martin's meta-abilities went from something wondrous to something to be poked fun at. His parents knew and they did what they could; talking to their son, encouraging him that the others didn't mean it and eventually even resorting to makeup. His white skin made for an easy palette to cover up on and eventually he just began to blend back in. Once his skin appeared normal and the other kids believed he was normal, the teasing stopped and Martin assimilated back into the crowd. But a seed had been planted. The news, entertainment and the media, they held the key to what Martin wanted. If he couldn't be like a real meta human, he'd learn all he could about them and bring them to the rest of the world.

His path was set for college. Because his parents wouldn't let him go to film school, it was too much of a risk in their eyes, Martin chose the next best thing and went for broadcast. seeing his college years as a way to start fresh he even stopped wearing the makeup, letting himself be and appear to be who he really was. At this point in his life and in meta to human relationships he was readily accepted. So what if he didn't have powers, it was still cool. And the more he embraced himself the more he played in to it, eventually dressing himself only in black and white clothes. This lead to a few of his friends taking to calling him Noir from his passion for film and his appearance.

College flew by and Martin, or Noir as he now preferred to be called, was ready for the real world and get his vision out there. The real world however had different ideas. With no film school under his belt it was hard to get anyone to seriously look at a screenplay. So he took on what his major had prepared him for and got hired as a one man band for MWN (Meta World News) a station dedicated solely to the monitoring and documenting of those individuals deemed to be beyond human. Next to a career in film, Noir couldn't have asked for a better job. Every day he got to go out into the field filming and interviewing heroes and villains alike. He'd get in to the fray and get the shots and the stories that others were too scared to go after. Sure every now and then it got him in trouble but it made him feel alive. It vindicated all those years as a child when kids would pick on him. For the first time in his life, he felt like a superhero.

The Powers

Monochromatic: Since birth every part of Noir's body is in grey-scale. This extends from the skin on his body to the blood in his veins and the lungs in his chest, its all in a color range from black to white. This effect does not inhibit him physically in any way and cannot be transferred to anyone or anything around him. This is his only known meta-human characteristic.

Quick Reflexes:(4FS)Noir has never trained in, nor does he know any marshal arts, hes just got a fast reaction time. Its Nothing superhuman but its great for spotting and snapping split second shots or being ready to capture that one perfect bit of compelling video. Its also helped him to avoid some trouble when it comes to filming in dangerous areas.

Knowledge: It pays to know, and in order to better understand the stories he wishes to tell and the people he interviews, Noir has done a lot of research in many different fields.

Grid
Intelligence:4
Occult:4
Strength:2
Speed:2
Durability:2
Ability:0
Fighting Skills:4
Magic:0
Spells:0
Flight:0
Wealth:3

(9 points left over)

Binary
Binary

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-07-09

Back to top Go down

Martin Lang Empty Re: Martin Lang

Post by Arcana December 22nd 2013, 2:52 am

Approved until stated otherwise
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top