The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_vote_lcapLooking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_voting_barLooking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) Empty Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow)

Post by Drago-Morph December 13th 2014, 6:40 am

"Oh my God, this is absolute lunacy! I'm in a video game! Fighting for my life! Now I just need that bio-engineered half-goat hybrid abomination and my life's dream is complete."

Martin was eased into the system even as he squealed with excitement, jittering giggling as he was placed into the VR simulation. His fingers tapped excitedly on the cool silver chair's armrests as the machine's goggles were slipped onto his head. He could feel the mechanisms within forming the wireless neural links necessary to run such an operation, and after a moment, a sudden jolt and rush of icy blood signaled that the far-too-excited scientist was being booted in. There was a brief flash of darkness before Martin saw the world begin loading around him, Tron-style. He felt as if he were suspended perfectly motionless in space, watching the world of neon blue lines turn to textured grids and then metamorphose into a full landscape.

The battlefield that emerged seemed alien and exotic. Martin found himself in a vast canyon, hundreds of feet wide and miles long, with the cliff walls above stretching to the sky. It was night time; the canyon was surprisingly well lit by a combination of the unnaturally large and bright moon overhead and the glowing mosses and the groupings of a strange blue liquid, pooling on the ground and pouring from the rocky walls. There was an acrid stench in the air, as some of those liquids were actually acidic reservoirs. A thick mist hung in the air, swirling and spiraling, though it wasn't so thick as to do more than mildly obstruct vision at a distance. The ground level was layered, with ridges jutting out from the cliffs that formed platforms, and with small tunnel openings dotting the area. There were sparse patches of a tall, cyan-colored grass and smoothly curving, lanky trees, almost akin to a palm tree drawn in the style of the Screaming Man.

Still suspended a few feet off the ground, unable to move, Martin's other sensations began to come to him. He could hear the gentle sounds of rushing water and of small wildlife humming and chirping, could feel the soft night breeze on his skin, and could smell the oddly sweet scent of the canyon. His virtual Kinetic Sense was the last to come online; even through the uploading process, his real-world Kinetic Sense still fed information of his surroundings to his brain, and now he was beginning to simultaneously receive input from this new artificial one. It was a strange feeling. While still completely clear, there was a slight static bristle that accompanied the virtual sense, which helped Martin distinguish it from the real one and tune in better.

After a moment, Martin was plopped down to the ground and could move again. With a rush of adrenaline, he leapt into the air and cheered.

"This is amazing! Woo! Just watch me now Pedro, I've played enough Second Life to know I am gonna kick ass and take names!"

Thus the proud warrior did enter the Tournament of Champions.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Martin, AKA Doctor Mercury.

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) Martin%20Walsh%20Ungrid%203
Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Quote : "My life is a rapid succession of incredulities and shenanigannery." - Martin Walsh

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 34
Job : Santa Claus
Humor : Sanguine
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Back to top Go down

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) Empty Re: Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow)

Post by Shadowoof December 14th 2014, 7:10 am

"And I thought I would get to kill someone." Marcus said slightly sad at the fact that no one was going to die at the Tournament but then again this was most likely the influence of Darks mind mixed with his own. Marcus, along with his mask which was slowly degrading to allow the VR simulation to actervate was eased into the system and allowed it to do its magic.

Wait.. If it's taking my mind and putting it into the simulation then does that mean.

its leaving me here.. Alone.. With your body.

I think I like this thing now. Marcus back gleefully to his demonic friend. Before the machine took its work.

Marcus opened his eyes to see his mask was on its face, his eyes going a nice shade of black in the openings of his mask. Marcus was always experimenting with different things and was happy to test everything when he could. The canyon was large with blue liquid around and caves that would allow for escapes or surprises and Marcus was able to plan several things. He felt the power of his darkness coming to him and his arms spang to life at that moment.

As his feet touched the ground with the feeling that was almost too real for his liking, he looks up into the too see the night. Real or not he already felt stronger with the moon shining on him. "it seems that the time to fight has awoken and I do say to my oppperant.. Good luck. Marcus finished before walking forward to try and meet his opponent.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) Empty Re: Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow)

Post by Drago-Morph December 22nd 2014, 2:07 am

Martin experienced a very strange sensation with his Kinetic Sense as he felt his opponent load into the simulation. It was a sort of empty ripple; space was there and then it... wasn't. And then there was a person, full realized where the disturbance had been.

Male, tall fella, kind scrawny, wearing a mask? Distortions, bending, rippling, unintended disturbances, but not the air, the light, the lack of light, dark like the 90's.

This guy was weird. He undulated through space. What exactly could he do? Martin suddenly realized that a "tournament" would involve combat against "opponents" and not, say, some vague notion of a challenger. And to have been selected, said opponents would have to be also highly skilled, competent, dangerous, and possibly superhuman. And finally Martin understood why Pedro would have called this whole tournament thing a bad idea.

Well. Crap.

Hi-ho, doom approached! A fight to the death it was!

Martin put a smile on, for if he was to die, even virtually, it would be with cheer. All those funerals he had robbed corpse parts from for his failed foray into organic Legos always looked so dreary, he had no intention of ruining anyone's mood like that. The mad tinkerer decided his best strategy was surprise and efficiency, ending the fight quickly using his speed so that his opponent never had the chance to give him his first-class ticket to the Pain Train, destination Paintown, USA. Martin had visited that place before, their tax code was terrifying and their school districts were laughable at best.

Though the two could not see each other, the discomforting figure was just around a slight bend in the canyon wall, not at all far from Martin's position. Martin bolted around the curve, deftly climbing a rocky slant with his electromagnetic boots and his sheer agility. Peering down at the figure before him, Martin was able to briefly take in the dark and menacing look of his rival, a sight which caused Martin to question the sanity of the other combatant.

I mean, Christ's sake, who in their right mind walks around in that fashion disaster?

As he proudly wore his garish bronze goggles atop his utterly unkempt hair.

His goal was to distract the man to looking towards one canyon wall, see his reaction speed and potentially gauge some of his abilities, before dashing around behind him to clock him in the back of the head with a speed-enhanced punch, which in an ideal world would be enough to end the battle right there.

"So, uh, question," Martin called out, hoping to draw the man's attention, "I was just wondering what the name of your Nirvana cover band was?"

I should double-check I don't have fire powers, because that was one sick burn.

Martin, AKA Doctor Mercury.

Looking For Group (Martin vs. Shadow) Martin%20Walsh%20Ungrid%203
Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Quote : "My life is a rapid succession of incredulities and shenanigannery." - Martin Walsh

Number of posts : 34
Job : Santa Claus
Humor : Sanguine
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadowoof December 22nd 2014, 2:45 am

Marcus Began is short walk with a clear mind for the first time in 6 years. Sure he could still feel Dark but he wasn't truly their with him and allowed Marcus to think his own thoughts without Dark listening and manipulating them but he still thought about death. Guess old habits die hard. he told himself with a peaceful mind that was not interrupted or changed. Marcus stopped by one of the liquid pools to get a better veiw but the smell was enough to tell him not too touch and soon he heard the voice of his rival. It was night so the darkness told him much and slowly he turned to the man on the cliff to reply to his question. "What the hell is a nirvana cover band?" He said in a dark demonic voice for the scare affect his mask began to move slightly. The cracks of darkness in them growing larger, all manipulated by Marcus for show. He looked at his opponent. He was clinging to the side of a mountain and the man found him quite fast so Marcus took the guess he was a speed type as someone with an ranged ability would have attacked him while his guard was down.

Or at least That's what Marcus thought at the time and he prepared to defend himself. Several tendrils of darkness rose from the ground and wrapped themselves around Marcus's body to form a sort of armour and he started to gather darkness that was around him. "Alright buddie, why don't you come down here so I don't have to fly up their myself?" Marcus said to the men in the voice he used before. He had to be prepared for anything. Strengh, speed, ability's like his own and technology and he had a good defence for most of those.

The characters that my mind decided up because of various reasons easily gotten to for all of you people who like being lazy.

Characters of the wolf:
Shadowoof
Shadowoof
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : You know........... This is just kinda pointless

Number of posts : 1508
Job : I write and occasionaly mod
Humor : Gotta change this every few months
Registration date : 2014-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top