The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Seamus McAndrews
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_vote_lcapMartin Walsh's Gadgets I_voting_barMartin Walsh's Gadgets I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Martin Walsh's Gadgets I_vote_lcapMartin Walsh's Gadgets I_voting_barMartin Walsh's Gadgets I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Martin Walsh's Gadgets

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Martin Walsh's Gadgets Empty Martin Walsh's Gadgets

Post by Drago-Morph September 30th 2014, 2:35 am

Martin Walsh's Gadgets

Martin Walsh's Gadgets Workshop2

The apartment: where magic is made.

General-Purpose Items

The Lawbreaker

Abilities: Embedded in the base of Martin's skull is a small bio-mechanical chip that turns his entire body into a grand mechanism that funnels his unnatural speed energies into fourth-dimensional space. By harnessing and redirecting the powers that fuel his speed, he can shift the forces of his motions out of this reality; he can reduce the energetic reactions of his motions that would normally tear apart his body at super speed to as if he were simply moving and running normally. He can also undo the massive force his actions would exert on the outside world: he can interact with the world, even at super speed, as if he were moving normally, or he could not redirect that force and have it impact the world, striking with all the power that speed would grant. Unfortunately, this device cannot affect energies that originate in our space, and so Martin would feel the full effects of any natural forces. For example, if he were to hit a wall at super speed, it would only feel as if he had run into it with his normal speed, since only that is originating in real space. On the other hand, if he were to be hit by a piece of flying debris, it would impact him with all the natural force it would have (though if he were going at super speed, it would not hit any harder than if he were moving at regular speed).

Description: After receiving his speed, Martin realized that Isaac Newton's Third Law of Motion was a giant pain in the ass. In a fit of frustration, he beat it. He crafted a chip that would transform his body into a means for putting all that massive energy somewhere safe. Having direct access to the extra-dimensional energies that enable his speed, it can mitigate the volatile effects those energies produce in the real world.

INT Allocation: 5

The Phaser

Abilities: A mechanism in Martin's goggles, linked to his body via a wire that rungs the length of his arm ending with a sensor taped to the back of his hand, can sync his molecules to the vibrational frequency of a solid substance, allowing him to use his speed to phase through almost any material. He must already be touching the substance, and cannot do it as a reflex. The object must also be mostly still relative to Martin.

Description: Upon discovering his incredible speed after one of his experiments went horribly awry, Martin put his scientific might to the test to try and figure out the most extreme ways to use it. What he came up with was his most incredible machine yet; by installing a biological feedback hookup in his goggles and tapping it into his body, he allowed himself to, by touching an object, feel its vibrational frequency and match his body’s to it. In doing so, he granted himself the ability to phase through any amount of solid matter at will; appropriately, he called this contraption “The Phaser”.

The Goggles

Abilities: Martin's goggles have an incredibly wide variety of functions. They include smartphone capabilities, a built-in tracking system that syncs up to many of his other mobile inventions, thermal and EM vision modes, a signal scrambler for tracking devices (darn that gubment!), and most recently, a tracking system for magical trails. A virtual control panel on the vision panes allows Martin to access the goggles' different functions through hand motions in the air, but there is also a much smaller manual control panel on either side of the eyewear.

Description: Martin's goggles were his first real project. Taking a totally normal pair, when he was just thirteen he began modifying and adding functions to them. To this day they are his favorite tinkering endeavor, and when stressed, he will often do nothing but work on his goggles while yelling at Pedro.

INT Allocation: 4

Grabby Gear

Abilities: Through a set of socks and gloves laced with miniature electromagnets that have automatically adjusting charges, Martin can cling to nearly any surface with his feet and hands, even through small obstructions such as his shoes.

Description: Martin's brief foray into fashion design ended up with him realizing that making clothes wasn't quite for him, but also left him with a set of accessories that gave him unprecedented mobility. He generally prefers to wear only his electromagnetic socks, but will occasionally throw on the gloves if the need arises.

The Respirator

Abilities: A mouthguard that functions as an oxygen filtration system, allowing him to safely breathe even in toxic areas.

Description: After watching The Phantom Menace, Martin decided to recreate the respirators used by the Jedi in that film, not realizing they were complete works of fiction. He proceeded to invent them anyway. Since he started running around a super hero, he began carrying them on his person, just in case.

The Hologram Projector

Abilities: Installed in Pedro's main eye is a hologram projector, capable of full photrealistic light and sound functionality, projecting up to a room's worth of area of whatever he so pleases.

Description: Martin had always wanted to build his own personal movie theater, so he took Pedro and installed a hologram projector for his own personal amusement. After watching Home Alone on it, he got the idea to use it as a weapon of subterfuge and espionage. Then he went back to watching movies on it.

The Pedro-Porter

Abilities: The Pedro-Porter instantly teleports Martin's robuddy Pedro to his immediate vicinity.

Description: The Pedro-Porter is a small device installed in Martin's goggles and linked to Pedro's chassis that he invented as a small-scale experiment in teleportation at an arbitrary distance. While Pedro was, understandably, unhappy to be used as a guinea pig, the experiment was a success. Martin lost interest before he could scale the device up, but it has come in handy, so he keeps it around.

Offensive Items

Tornado Grenades

Abilities: Small "grenades" that whip up the air around them into a spinning frenzy, creating tornadoes of varying sizes. Usually, they're large enough to knock even highly capable soldiers off their feet, but they can be adjusted to create smaller pockets of air resistance to cushion a fall, or spin only a handful of objects around. The grenade stays in the center of the whirlwind, and is guided by Martin's goggles. (Duration 2 posts.)

Description: Martin once watched Twister. Then he built a tornado machine. Then he made more because he thought it was cool. Hence, the tornado grenades.

The Magnet

Abilities: In Martin's pocket rests a set of small ball bearings. These seemingly harmless metal balls are actually powerful magnets that can lock opponents in a strong magnetic field. Guided by a targeting system in Martin's goggles, the magnets will lock onto a target and fly out towards it, then hover around the target, projecting a magnetic field that prevents its movement. Due to the energy requirements, the magnets can only hold the charge for a short time before returning to Martin's person. (2 post effect, 4 post cooldown.)

Description: Needing a non-physical holding system for elements of his experiments, Martin designed a smart magnet-net that he named the Magnet, which he usually accompanied with a hearty "get it?" (Pedro did, indeed, get it). Like many of his inventions, after the experiment that gave him his powers, he adapted the system to work on people who were trying to kill him.

Tom and Jerry

Abilities: Attached to Martin's belt are two small black discs named Tom and Jerry. These discs, when activated, turn into tiny flying-saucer shaped automated turrets that circle the area and fire at targets designated by Martin through his goggles with non-lethal taser rounds. These rounds are strong enough to quickly subdue a horse, and can affect even those wearing body armor.

Description: Originally designed to be automated lab assistants, a sort of set of proto-Pedros, Tom and Jerry's shells were repurposed into a set of offensive tools after Martin realized he'd be doing more fighting than he had planned on in his quiet life of mad science.

The Gooer

Abilities: On Martin's wrists lie a segmented pair of wrist-bands, each loaded with small pellets containing a rapidly expanding, powerfully adhesive substance. These wrist-bands can fire these pellets up to 15 feet, where upon contact with a solid or liquid substance, they will pop and release a sticky pillow of foam, roughly beanbag-chair sized, which can absorb impacts and hinder movement. This foam quickly loses adhesiveness, but increases in thickness. It's not incredibly strong, and with a concerted effort can be cleared, but will still slow even those with even low superhuman strength.

Description: Inspired by riot-control tools, a teenage Martin decided to see if he could miniaturize detaining foam, simply to see if he could. While successful, he found he had little use for the material. Years later, finding himself in the midst of superheroics, he decided to refine the idea into a shooter-cartridge, for use against his more difficult opponents.

Highbeams

Abilities: Martin's goggle lenses have a flashlight functionality, that can be increased in intensity to be as bright as industrial lighting for short times, hindering his enemies vision. He can also overload the circuits, creating a pseudo-flashbang that can disorient anyone in the area, allowing Martin to utilize his Kinetic Sense's guidance to gain the upper hand. If he does this, the goggles automatically switch off the light to recharge, preventing him from doing it repeatedly in succession. (Disorientation up to 2 posts, cooldown 4 posts.)

Description: Martin's goggles have been his pet project for years, since he first became interested in science. While he enjoys cramming them full of as much fun and advanced tech as he can, some of their functions are more mundane, such as acting as a simple lighting system. With his new profession of adventuring, he's begun to take all of his gadgets and inventions and push them to their limits, stress-testing them for field work. This was the result of one such experiment.

INT Allocation: 3

Last edited by Drago-Morph on October 5th 2014, 1:30 am; edited 3 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Martin, AKA Doctor Mercury.

Martin Walsh's Gadgets Martin%20Walsh%20Ungrid%203
Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Quote : "My life is a rapid succession of incredulities and shenanigannery." - Martin Walsh

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 34
Job : Santa Claus
Humor : Sanguine
Registration date : 2013-06-22

Back to top Go down

Martin Walsh's Gadgets Empty Re: Martin Walsh's Gadgets

Post by Bliss September 30th 2014, 3:00 am

Approved

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Martin Walsh's Gadgets D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 30th 2014, 2:37 pm

Unapproved for edits.

-My DeviantArt-
Martin Walsh's Gadgets JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago-Morph September 30th 2014, 2:44 pm

Had the wrong description for the Phaser, fixed it right up I did.

Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Quote : "My life is a rapid succession of incredulities and shenanigannery." - Martin Walsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 30th 2014, 2:48 pm

Approved and moved.

-My DeviantArt-
Martin Walsh's Gadgets JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Drago-Morph October 5th 2014, 1:30 am

Added a bunch of new items to the list, including one that substitutes for DUR in terms of an explanation as for why Martin isn't ripped apart by his own speed.

Drago-Morph
Drago-Morph

Back to top Go down

Post by Odien October 15th 2014, 4:40 pm

Reapproved

Ʊlphaxtentis:
Odien
Odien
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : [20:06:47] * Odien has sex with Mike [20:07:20] Zell : So did his half brother, don't get excited about it Odien lol

Number of posts : 412
Location : [17:31:53] @ Forceaus : Not killing the innocent is part of being a hero to begin with
Humor : [19:30:11 19/01/15] @ Bliss : It's like holding someone's head underwater and forgetting they aren't a fish
Registration date : 2014-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top