The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_vote_lcapWhen worlds collide - Page 3 I_voting_barWhen worlds collide - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
When worlds collide - Page 3 I_vote_lcapWhen worlds collide - Page 3 I_voting_barWhen worlds collide - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
Vorik
ghost
Tybrid
Sage

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

When worlds collide

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

When worlds collide - Page 3 Empty Re: When worlds collide

Post by Zell October 7th 2013, 11:02 pm

It was obvious that neither of the Titan's had heard what he did. Those whispers...they were not really there. Why was this happening to him was all he could wonder about. It hadn't happened since he had laid eyes upon the other Titan. Something in his energy seemed to surge, as if trying to battle back against the Nether energy that was infiltrating his space, just as a sickened creature regurgitated it's food in revulsion. Ouro even stepped back, trying to get away from the Titan's as best as he could without showing such. Though with as well as Sean has come to know him, and the reciprocating, it was not likely to go unnoticed. Ouroboros walked over to his Throne and lifted from it a chalice, filled with a strange liquid that glowed as emerald as his eyes. He would take an insanely large gulp of it, closing his eyes to calm himself.

"So, Sam." Ouroboros began, his mouth almost seething the words as he rubbed his own head. "What brought this on....you weren't always a Titan I do not believe no?" He asked. In a moment, Zakaken walked into the room, and with him there was another man, one of the ones whom had once ben a part of the OCEAN corps or whatever they were called. He had proven reliable, and as such Zakaken had selected him to be the personal guard of the Prince. He sauntered over with his confident aura, and his sinister smile, only to be stopped dead in his tracks.

"You HAD been a...hm...it was a teleporter wasn't it? I-I can't seem to recall the details of when I met you though...it was...a lot of death." Ouroboros said. Zakaken's sunglasses fell off and his already light skin had durned a dusky pale, losing ALL color. He looked at Ouroboros as if he had just walked in and witnessed his own father getting impaled. Zakaken's horror twisted into a snarl, a snarl of anger an anger unlike the which any had ever seen before upon the isle. Zakaken moved, and when he moved...he moved with PURPOSE! His gazed fixated on Ouroboros. As he approached, he forced his face to soften again, as to not arouse suspicion from the Ethereal King. He lightly reached out to place a friendly hand on Sean's shoulder.

"Excuse me, but would you not rather take this discussion elsewhere...the throne room has eyes mind you." Zakaken advised. Ouro looked at him with an arched eyebrow, but ultimately he would yield to his seneschal with a shrug of his shoulders and a motion for Sam to follow him. Before Sean could move to follow in anyway, he was warned. "Hold a moment if you'd please." He said. The sheer seriousness in his voice was enough to relay a message in and of itself.

Ouro would hopefully lead Sam into the ballroom or some other isolated area where they wouldn't be interrupted. Although Zakaken could not keep Sean long. It was rude, he COULDN'T keep Sean, and he flat out didn't want to spend anymore time with the Titan than he had to. With Ouroboros and Sam out of the picture, Zakaken could perhaps warn Sean of the oncoming danger. Hopefully fix it as well, before anything spun out of proportions.

"I can imagine it's a lot to take in." Ouroboros said to Sam as he sipped from his chalice one more. He swallowed the thick glowing liquid and rubbed the bridge of his nose before continuing on, looking to Sam with an innocent little smile. "I mean...going from human to a Titan...with an Island with waters of youth and creatures that go rawr in the night...how's the change treating you?" He started the simple small talk the best way he knew how...by talking.

Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Number of posts : 1417
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 7th 2013, 11:22 pm

Sean noticed something, whether that be a subtle change within the Ethereal Beings disposition, it was obvious to Sean that something was bothering him. What seemed to send a twang of something through the Titan was that Ouroboros had recognized who Sam was, but how was that possible? He could not let the apprehension show, but Sean was rather transparent it seemed when it came to the Ethereal Being, and eventually the same had come with the other. Mannerisms were memorized, and this was slightly troubling. Out of his peripherals he noticed Zakaken entering the room, and something about his skin color denoted something, as well as that sudden drop in expression. No, the change was so sudden that left no room for anything other than something was really wrong.

Sean changed his position, putting more weight upon one leg than the other, and simply looking from Zakaken to Ouroboros. There was an anger that took the place of that stark existential terror that for a moment disarmed the Titan. Had bringing Sam here done something that he had never expected that it would? Had he opened the proverbial pandoras box and unleashed hell, or was it something even worse than that? The black haired male would suggest that they take this elsewhere, but that seemed to be only for the two, as he placed a hand on his shoulder, and effectively stayed his movement. Part of him, a visceral part wanted to rend that arm from its joint, but then again he did not do that. He gave the imperfect a perplexed look, nether dancing about his body as it seemed to consider what to do next. Something within him told him that he could not allow the two to stay alone for long.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2483
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Samify October 8th 2013, 1:23 am

Sam was slightly scared now, this man appeared to know who he was, but Sam couldn't remember the face from anywhere, he suddenly became quite skeptical as his headache loosened up slightly. "Erm... No I was human first... Sean offered me immortality and I jumped at the opportunity, have we ever met before?" he asked, he awaited the reply but was interrupted by the return of Zakaken who seemed to be whispering something to the king, he motioned to Sam and asked him to follow him, Sam gave Sean a quick look as he turned and walked with this man. The pair walked into a large ballroom and Sam marveled at how shiny it was before returning his attention to the man who claims to know him.

"Yes, it's certainly a lot different to what I was doing before, just stopping criminals from preying on innocents at night time, but I right now I feel like it has made me feel more important, I feel a part of a group now, before I was just alone with a cat...There are still some things that I'm getting used to though, the Nether in the Abyss is certainly starting to grow on me though" Sam's headache was back and even worse now, Sam was certain that this king was the meaning of this, either him or the whole place in general, if it was this strange city, he would want to leave as soon as he could to spare himself the pain, but for now he was speaking to this man.
Samify
Samify
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 481
Humor : Drinking Tea and Eating Crumpets
Registration date : 2013-07-16

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv4VHS8LPwWgfiwDoyxzapA

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 8th 2013, 8:14 pm

"You need to keep this brief. I did not anticipate on Ouroboros recognizing him. Zell Atterrius had met this Titan you've brought, and the more he recalls of this person, the more of a bridge there is between Ouroboros and Zell himself." Zakaken said swiftly as he pivoted, still ignoring the Nether. "We need this to end...keep Ouroboros' attentions on you and keep your new toy soldier's history out of the equation. Between searching for our eyeless and armless 'friend' and trying to keep the King's affairs in order I'm stretched thing. After seeing what it is you've done to Atterrius, I am more than comfortable tasking you with burning this bridge...since you seem to excel at burning all of his bridges as it is." Zakaken said as he walked away in a different direction. He was obviously quite busy, thought it was curious as to what was so important that he has something other than stopping Zell's possible resurface.

"Well...stay true to who you are. You are Sean's subordinate but that doesn't mean that you should change any more than you have to. A wise man once told me "There is no such thing as evil power, those the evil men who would wield it.". That speaks volumes. Trust me..." Ouro said, his eyes glazing over a slight bit as he began to break out in a cold sweat. His voice changed, reverted to the same as it was the last time he and Sam had met. "...Don't let Sean...change you." He swallowed hard and audibly as he began to wipe the beading sweat off of his forehead. His breathing was rapidly increasing, though it wasn't a dramatic display, the air didn't even sound forced. His respirations increased, his heart rate dropped and he began sweating buckets. From his abdomen he felt like there was an arm...something trying to...get out of him?

"Dad!?" Jordan yelled as he noticed his Dad's subtle but strange behavior. He set his milk carton down and rushed over to his side. Ouro smiled at his son, it was hard to believe that something this obedient belonged to that creature, Yam. Sadly, the physical appearance resembled a miniature version of Yam as well. It seemed like Ouro had reversed the aging process. Ouro smiled and patted him on the head as the child scowled at Sam, as if he were the cause of his father's pain. "What did you do!?" He glared at smoke. For a little kid he sure was aggressive. Ouro chuckled as he tugged on Jordan's shirt.

"Jordan please...go play in traffic or something you little hoodlum." Ouro said with a lowered eye brow and a smirk. Jordan looked at him with a playful glare before walking away.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When worlds collide - Page 3 Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 8th 2013, 8:32 pm

The truth was perhaps more dire than he had initially expected, and that caused his skin to go cold. If this could cause the resurfacing of Zell Atterrius, then Sean had no time to waste. Still, he did not allow his expression to betray that sudden fear running through his being, as his eyes were upon the place that he had seen the two walk through.  Zakaken however was correct he would burn this bridge as he had done so many times before.  He would make sure this little meeting was not a long one, and one that would yield nothing dangerous. So with Zakaken going about his own business, Sean would follow after the energy that now ran through Sam, one that he could easily follow if need be.

He could hear that voice that was so familiar, though something had changed within it, and that only meant he would have to move faster. Sean was nearly through the door when he heard something that turned his veins to ice, something that made bile threaten to rise within his throat. Someone had called him dad? The youth within that voice was obvious and nothing could really keep the dark intent within his energy from spilling out, as the very air seemed to grow heavy with the energy. ”Well what do we have here?” His tone was not amused, but rather flat, and sharp. The male stepped into the room, as the Nether danced around his body, crackling and overall appearing menacing. His eyes fell upon the young looking male, one that was familiar in some way, and that only annoyed the Titan even more.

”A child? But who’s I wonder.” It was more than anything a redundant question, and if the child even stopped for the dark energy that was radiating was unknown, but it mattered not to him.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Samify October 9th 2013, 4:27 pm

"Believe me sir, my heart will always be in the right place" he said in reply to the kings previous statement, he then noticed the man sweating more than a usual being and he slumped to the floor. Sam looked slightly worried, more so at the fact that he would be blamed if anything fatal happened to this guy, he was worried and yet had no idea what to do. A small child yelled and ran over to them before accusing Sam of doing something, "Hey, don't look at me kid, I didn't do anything" he said in his defence. The king mustered up enough strength to pull on the boys shirt before sending him away, Sam just wanted to make sure this man was ok.
Samify
Samify
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 9th 2013, 11:27 pm

"I'm...I'm...alright" Ouroboros said in response to the worried titan's gaze, only to feel the flux in the Nether turning to annoyance at Jordan, sparking a sudden upheaval inside of Ouro. He punched the ground, spider web like cracks running through it, only to heal due to the Ethereal well beneath the palace. His eyes flashed, he looked over at Sean, his collar hiding his mouth and the blood running down his chin.

”Don’t get smug.” Ouro said, then he yelped in pain, coughing up a substantial amount of blood. Ouro’s body trembled, and if Sean were to attempt to take Ouroboros’ life, then he would be wise to do so now. This opportunity was a once in a titan-lifetime opportunity. He wiped his moth his glazed over look growing more and more. Jordan looked back over his shoulder, concerned. He began twitching as he went to move back towards his Father, but Sean was in the way now. He felt as though Sean would have no qualms over killing him, something that wasn’t far off most likely. Jordan didn’t care though. He went back towards his father, trying go around Sean.

”Ouro?” He asked, trying to check on his father. Ouro smiled slightly and nodded at him.

”Didn’t I tell you to play in traffic?” Ouro joked as he fixed himself, his blood poured all over the floor. Ouro generally did not look well, in fact it looked like Death was going to claim him at any moment. Of course...you’d make me go through this NOW Ouroboros cursed internally. He looked to Sean, and he immediately unsealed his Ethereal energy. He knew he shouldn’t, not when he was as sick as he was, but he needed to. With Jordan finally gone, Ouroboros was prepared for a Ballroom Blitz. He suddenly doubled over and coughed, blood leaving his mouth again. Even thinking of fighting and he took ill. That was just fan-fucking-tastic. 

”Remember when...Yam attacked the isle? Making skin contact with an Ethereal under certain circumstances makes them spawn offspring...like the one you just met.” Ouroboros explained. He took out a black book and tossed it to Sean with a flick of the wrist. The contents of the journal were his and Zakaken’s findings, as well as the alignments with Dartamease’s theories of the beings. Hopefully Sean would give it the time of day to understand.

”Being sealed of my power makes it hard to control...and when I fought Yam the only thing I could think about was living up to your expectations... making myself seem worth keeping around. Yam hit me in the face..it was the only skin contact I’d made with anyone since the Etherium. So, if you even read that, you’d see the problem.” Ouroboros said drearily. Zakaken walked into the room and went to speak, but Ouro placed a finger up to tell him to wait a second. ”I’m not sure what to say...It’s not as if I decided to sleep with the creature that attacked my island.” Ouroboros snapped back. ”The book is clear, and the situation just so happened to play out into the conditions. I’m unable to control my powers because of this damn seal, I was focused on you and there was skin contact. I don’t like this any more than you do, believe me, but there’s nothing that can be done about it now.”

Ouroboros’ eyes flashed and suddenly he warped but three feet from Sean. A large Ethereal dome encased over them, blocking out all sound and vision from the outside. He sighed, trying to look the same as he always had but it was no use. He was sick, but he couldn’t let it show...or even if he did let it show, he couldn’t seem weak. He fought so hard and he wasn’t going to let it show now. He held his hands out, as if he were left at a loss for words. He looked to Sean and he shook his head.

”I didn’t just give you the title of Coupirah for no reason. I didn’t make this Isle for my own goddamn amusement. Every little thing I’ve done, from prison break, to making this entire damn Isle. EVERYTHING HAD BEEN ABOUT YOU! The OTHER you... If I recall correctly he said that you were a lapdog. Who was the one there who ensured you knew other wise...Do you think I would have let him do anything like that to you, to turn you into something you’d despise!? I broke you from prison...I gave up a content life as a Warden, I made this place...and while I rule on it...it was for you. Name...one thing...that I did that wasn’t for YOU. It’s sickening even...Everything...from the beginning was all about you...and one thing happens that is beyond my control...and this is how you react....I’ve caught on to your little ticks and tells. I’ve ALWAYS been there for you, and I always will be. I can’t help it...It sickens me to no end to confess that you’re the only thing I care about. If I had slept with him that’s one thing....but not like this...” Ouroboros ranted and raved, only to stop there and cough out even more blood, staggering. The stress on his body was too much, and he was far to ill to combat any replies. He looked into his hand and clenched it, wobbling still as he began to walk toward Sean, only to branch and walk past him. 

”It was my fault I suppose...I thought I had a chance...Then I opened up and trusted....that’s what you get when you open the metaphorical heart to another I guess.” He said as the ethereal dome receded and he began to stride for the throne room. Zakaken stayed in wait, watching as Ouro brushed past him. Zakaken would follow him only to be left behind in the main hall.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 10th 2013, 12:56 am

The strangest emotion ran through him, something that felt cold, and something that at the same time burned deep within him as it ran its course. The black energy spread like a cloud around him, touching anything with certain darkness as it would simply dance about like a fog. Something within him drove him onward, a certain darkness that was revolted, and only seemed to draw upon that human weakness to empower itself further. Neck muscles tensed, as the energy seemed to even go beyond his control and the child’s own words added to it. The book thrown to him was said to hold something that would answer the question, but what kept him from raging was the fact that the Ethereal being was falling into coughing fits of blood. What annoyed him slightly was that Yam was the father, but something about that made him curious.

Explanations were thrown at him, some of which made sense but he knew nothing about The Ethereal beings so it was all new to him. An accidental child and something that managed to abate the anger, lessening it to confusion as the aura would follow suit. That was when the whole glowing eyes thing happened, followed by teleporting and him standing in front of Sean and then the barrier that seemed to cut off all sound outside of it, as well as any sounds from escaping it. It seemed perfect for the rant that would follow it, words thrown in his face with such ferocity that Sean could only look with….it was something that could not be described. Everything he had done was for him? Every word something that tore through the pathetic pride that he had built up around himself until it drew blood, and damn did it hurt.

In fact he could do nothing but stare, that look of anger now gone and what was left seemed more….raw, though he couldn’t allow the weakness to show. Allow someone with those words alone to destroy him where even actions could not. In the end, Sean realized that he was the cause of his own problems, his own arrogant pride and everything that he had was nothing but a weight that destroyed everything that he held dear. As the blonde walked past him, Sean could only look dumb struck, teeth biting hard into his lower lip until a small line of blood fell from between the tightly pressed liens of flesh. ”Great fucking work Sean.” He thought to himself, hands clenching tightly. His eyes swiveled to Sam for a moment, perhaps filled with more emotion than expected. Perhaps the first time within a long time that he had felt lost, that he had felt everything crumbled within his hands like dust

His energy had controlled itself, and the Nether was no longer visible past the small amount that would occasionally leak out from Sean into the air. His mind would race as fast as possible, scrabbling for ground as it tried to desperately think of a solution, and found nothing. Sean ran his thumb over the bottom of his lips, and felt only a small amount of blood, as the strange Ethereal energy had healed the small amount of damage done. There was only one thing he could do, but would that be any good now? Silver pools would move from Sam, to Zakaken who he had just seen, to the black haired child that was giving him a strange look and then to where the Ethereal King was walking off. It took three calming breaths to catch himself, to keep his energy from running wild and to keep it from doing anything crazy. So Sean would go after Ouroboros, perhaps ignoring that prideful nagging at the back of his mind.

”W…wait.” His body shuddered more than he wanted it to and that made his voice shake. The book was tightly held within his hands, not even opened once, but it seemed that he already knew the purpose of having it thrown to him.”It’s not your fault, it was me, my pride. If truth be told I would do anything for you, no matter the cost or what I would lose in the process. Yet in the end I do something so monumentally stupid.“ Even if he was weeping or whatever the fuck it was, that did not matter. ”I…I’m sorry. I’m sorry for being an unreasonable asshole, for being so damn prideful.” Whether or not he had even stopped to listen was unknown, as the Titan pressed himself against his wall, as the Nether itself seemed to revolt against the words that he was saying and everything else. He could feel something cold and wet flow down his cheeks, but that was mostly ignored. ”It was the thought of you having a child with someone else that…..hurt, but I didn’t know it was accidental.” His voice broke off for a moment.”I...I didn’t know.” He was lost, and now even the energy coming off of him was broadcasting that sad fact. The trailing within what he spoke showed that more than ever.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Samify October 10th 2013, 1:27 am

Sam could only stand and watch as the man n front of him crumbled to his knees and began coughing up blood, the whole situation was more surprising tan anything, the king clearly needed he looked like he wouldn't accept it if it was given to him, and the grief stricken lad in the distance was not making it any easier. The rest of the party had entered the room now, Sam looked to them and simply shrugged as he did not know what to do, but he wouldn't need to do anything because the king would tr to continue on with something in this state. Sam watched a notebook be thrown over to Sean, who caught it, he then began to spout something that sounded quite meaningful to him, but he still had no clue what was happening. Sam looked to Sean and then back to the king, however he had dissapeared from his sight and as Sam looked up once again to see some kind of dome of energy surrounding both the king and Sean, casing the sound and sight of everything beneath it to dissapear. Sam was still just as confused and the same question popped into his mind once again "Why the hell am i here?!" he was brought to a new place for no reason, then when they get here he was practically forgotten as these two people seemed to have a checkered past that they needed to talk about, whatever kind of past it was, Sam has no idea what was happening.

The whole room stood in silence as this dome dissipated to reveal the king walking away from a stunned Sean, he seemed to have something on his mind, but he looked like he wasn't sure whether to say it or not, he seemed to pluck up enough courage to do it though as he swiveled around and followed the king to the entrance of the room with things that still needed talking about. Sam rolled his eyes once again as he wondered why he was still here, he looked down to his hand and watched it change from a regular human's hand to a dark claw surrounded by a black aura, he looked back up to the bickering couple before scratching a whole in space that led to the real world, a place where he was wanted and appreciated and he stepped through, back into a more normal life.

(/me leaves the thread)
Samify
Samify
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 11th 2013, 1:43 am

What was there to say? That's fine? No, it wasn't fine. Sean needed to learn this lesson, and if it had to be through the expression "tough Love" then so be it. Yet, Ouroboros could not bring himself to leave Sean there. Oh how he wanted to...but he didn't. Something he could feel he would likely curse himself for doing later. He sighed but halfway through his eyes widened as his head shot forward and bobbed back quickly with a cough, blood spackling the floor. He clenched his fist and wiped it across his mouth. The blood smeared onto the glove, soaking in like a sponge. Ouro heard Sean do something he never thought he'd hear. Not an apology, while that was almost as surprising, but Sean admitted to being proud. While Ouroboros would have just LOVED to rip the Titan a new one and lecture him on how pride was the greatest killer of men...he himself knew it to have been hypocrisy.  For was it not Ouroboros’ pride that compelled him to leave the room, and was it not his pride which was his own flaw?

”It hurt you?” Ouroboros asked, it was almost condescending in the way he asked it. He rolled his eyes and scoffed as he crossed his arms and looked back to Sean with narrowed eyes, the visor disappearing and the nanites receding into his skin. ”And how do you think I feel? You sit here and brood over the fact that an accident happened and you’re not even the one who needs to live with the repercussions. I’m a father now, and what’s more it’s not even to the entity I would have preferred. I had to worry day in and day out that it might have been yours, and while that was far more pleasing I needed to worry about how to hide the child from you and your demandable pride! Not only that can you imagine my surprise when the child WASN’T yours? Do you have Any Idea how much discipline it took not for me to rip it’s damn throat out!? I was sickened, repulsed. But it was not the child’s fault for being born, just as it was not my fault for being attached to you.” Ouroboros roared. He coughed, a substantial amount of blood spackled the pristine tiles. His breathing was trembling; his eyes were beginning to water as his throat began to close. Pulling on his Hydra’s skin he actually tore it using his Ethereal energy to temporarily augment his strength to successfully remove the tough suit a little. Although it was only a little, Ouroboros’; breathing did get better as he began rubbing his throat.

”Look…I’m sick. Physically and mentally. I’m sick of being sick, I’m sick of being…bullied and disregarded. I’m sick of being patient…kind…unconditional. I’m sick of being slow to anger, and never boasting. I’m sick that my heart skips a beat when I see you. I’m sick of worrying about you when you’re not in my field of vision. I’m sick of hoping that every time the damn throne room door opens that it might be MY titan. I’m sick of trembling every time you’re close to me, and I’m sick of the fact that you’re never more than a half second off of my goddamn mind! I…I’m sorry….it’s not your fault…” Ouroboros said. He went from trembling to still and his eyes welling up. On a whim the Ethereal energy deconstructed each molecule and suddenly potential tears were gone, vanished from the fabric of space itself.

”It’s not you’re fault…I…I couldn’t have expected you to know….I just thought…you knew me better.” Ouroboros said, hacks in between each statement. At this point he actually looked pale and the blood loss seemed to be taking effect. ”it’s not your fault…. It’s mine” Ouroboros said as he turned and made his way to leave. He was headed towards the palace laboratory, the occult laboratory to be more specific. ”I’m…just sick-I’m sorry…it’s my fault.” He said as he walked through the threshold of the next room, the dining hall. He would need to go through there and the grand library in order to reach the laboratories and the medical area.  Ouroboros had just cleared the door, and Zakaken walked into the room, obviously eavesdropping. Before Sean could move, Zakaken spoke.

”He’s not sick…” Zakaken said, his voice slightly echoing in the empty room. Ouroboros would be far away enough, and distracted enough that he wasn’t able to pick up the conversation.

”He’s dying…”

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 11th 2013, 2:22 am

Something within that moment awoke within him, something dark and something…hungry. A presence that felt like the ever present Nether that ran its course through his body with its malevolence, and just like the presence came; it would have left, leaving Sean feeling….weak. His ears vaguely caught onto the pained hacking, and he knew there was blood that came with that sounds, but then again what could he do? What could death do to soothe the pain of the sick, other than to cause it to end abruptly, in any way that fate sought fit to end it. What could a monster that fed of the death of all do to help him? That condescending tone that came with the initial question was expected, but that did not stop him from recoiling when it lashed across his eardrums. In fact, something within his welcomed it, something fed off of it like a dark parasite.

Everything was perhaps not meant to, but it only dug deeper. Each a lash that tore into metaphorical raw flesh, and drew fresh blood as he could only stand there, marks seeming to burn like hot irons pressed against his skin. One thing that he said was an obvious thing, his sickness that caused the painful blood to spout from his mouth and perhaps only add to that strange emotion that was building up. Would he only cry more, like the pathetic thing that he was? Passively accepting the truths for what they were, and mentally tearing himself down more than any words or physical blows could ever hope to do. In the end he said that it was not his fault, but how could that be so? After all of that, he would walk away, leaving Sean feeling…hollow as his skin itself seem to burn painfully for a moment, before the markings would return to their abyssal black.

It was when he had cleared the door that Zakaken had made his presence, and eavesdropping obvious with something that…shocked him? The reaction, that emotion was hard to categorize and at the same time it couldn’t make itself obvious on that face, except a sudden realization. The Ethereal being that he had thought was so powerful, immortal was going to…die? ”Dying?” He muttered to himself, voice feeling as empty as it sounded. ”He’s dying?” Starkly dumbfounded words now fumbled from his lips that were numb, as he felt the nether infused moisture itself fade away in a small cloud of black vapor. How could something like that happen? Was Ouroboros aware of such a thing? Something within his fought against the very notion that someone like the Ethereal Being could die, and then something else far back within that same mind sung a different tune, one darker.

”Everything dies.” It was a common truth within The Abyss, where the great equalizer known as death had its sway with anything, and it was said that even the soul could be withered away. Yet he felt that he was different, a being that could stem the tide of death and that was more than enough of a reason that he would not allow such a thing to happen, that he would not even if that meant breaking the very code that he stood for as a Titan. Death was sacred, and if that meant losing someone that gave him a sense of purpose, he would say “fuck that” and go against the grain. Pale fingers curled into a fist, as Sean would push himself into a better standing position, one hand forcing away any remains of those tears that had forced themselves out and he would stand tall, or as tall as possible.

Sean would look to where he had heard Zakaken’s voice issue from, and then not paying the imperfect another second, he would follow after where he had seen the Ethereal being walk away to. His foot falls could be heard echoing within his own head, and it was filled with so many thoughts that seemed to only frenzy him further. He couldn’t be dying, not someone like him, not now. ”Everything dies.” That same dark and nagging voice would remind him within the darkest crevices of his mind, and driving him nearly insane. Sean wanted to roar for it to be silent, but it seemed that it was one step ahead of him. He followed closely, until he was close enough to perhaps catch the Ethereal Beings attention, but what then could he actually say? Would he ask the Ethereal Being if he was dying? How the hell would that be a viable question, especially when it probably could have just been the babblings of an incompetent. Still, Zakaken was not one to spout idle nonsense; he had his head on correctly, so that meant there was something to what he said.

”So is it true…are you dying?” The question was loud enough for him to catch it, yet  one could tell the need that the answer be no within that voice. A desperate need if more than anything else.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 11th 2013, 4:00 am

”So is it true…are you dying?”

The question hit him like a cement wall to a ten year old. He froze in mid stride. He looked over his shoulder and his ethereal eyes were glowing dimly. He looked to the ground and sighed. He then turned around to face the Titan. He then looked behind him, at Zakaken whom seemed to stride in. Ouroboros’ eyes narrowed and he shook his head at the Imperfect. Zakaken just gave a smug smile while Sean wasn’t able to see and then he returned to his stoic nature in a heartbeat. It was almost unbelievable that Zakaken would go through such measures to inconvenience the Ethereal King. Why would he tell Sean that!? Even if it was a possibility.

”Nothing is certain…” Ouroboros said. He then sighed as he turned to walk away. But he grabbed Sean’s hand, and tried to pull Sean with him. Hopefully they would be able to make their way to the occult labs. They made their way through the very beautiful castle, the medical lab a bright white area that had tp of the line technology able to keep even the harshly damaged alive, even if they had only a few functional cells. The next area they passed were the Technology labs, the ones filled with the ethereal beings whom were actually interested in uncovering the human’s technology, and adding their own genius to make it better. There were weapons of mass destruction as well as armors and shields that could save cities, or that’s how it appeared at least. The Occult labs were the final labs. The room was dark, and there were blood runes, and crimson flamed candles giving off eerie vibes. There were several treys with dark thin chains inside them were gems burning with fires of their color.

”Good day my king.” One of the human imperfects said, dressed oddly in occult armors and carrying scrolls and magical items. Walking straight from white-coats to wizards was a little bit of an odd feeling, although in the end Ouroboros felt equally at home here, if not more so. Ouroboros nodded to the bowing Imperfect as he led Sean towards a large desk in the far corner of the second floor. Ouroboros’ heard steadied and color returned to his face a little as he moved through the shadowed areas. Zakaken would not follow them here. Zakaken took one step in this place once and his sadistic intimidating grin turned into something like that of a man who just found out he was a father. Ouroboros would know. ”Thank you for visiting the Stevie wonder experience.” Zakaken had once said about the labs here, although he also said things like ”Gah it’s your mother in law” when we first conjured up Abyssal and he thought he was a she. Granted Ouroboros did not have a mother in law, and they did not even have a concept as to whom she was, and they still didn’t. But the point was still valid.

”You need to understand this…it’s very important…okay?” Ouroboros said. He had picked up on the desperation for an answer. He let go of Sean’s hand, immediately making him return to his weakened self. He took a few things off the desk and he hopped up onto it, taking out a generic wal-mart notebook, seventy pages and all. He flipped it open to show his personal writings. ”You are…changing me. Ethereal beings were never meant to die, they can die…but they weren’t meant to. Ouroboros said, pointing to a piece in his notebook. It gave out sever long equations factoring in thousands of variables as to what was going on inside him to make him sick. Amongst them were little pictures of Yam and Shi Ryurou, and there were small detailed little paragraphs about how they were potentially affecting his health. Yam was simply thrown out there as perhaps using his water manipulation to messing with the water proportion in his body. Shi ryurou however was a different story. It gave a recount of the events, Ouroboros crippling Shi and his Ethereal energy lingering. The small paragraph was all occult knowledge, so Sean was likely toi understand it, even if he wasn’t fully a Titan. It clearly stated that Ourobroos’ lingering energy inside Shi Ryurou was acting as a slow toxin, and weakening him. Being near Sean was not an issue, but he was combating two forces of Death at a time…making it quite clear that Ouro’s continued existence was rather incredible. It accounted for both the coughing, the tiredness, and the pale skin, but Ouroboros was not accounted for bleeding, and so it was assumed that the blood was another factor.

”I’ve been subjected to a large amount of Nether and it’s changing me…it’s hardening me and making me stronger…sadly by the nature of your energy It makes me suffer “mortality” while I’m acclimating to it. Think of it like becoming immune to a toxin, or a venom.  Normally I could simply do this in small dosages and you’d never know the difference…but events have made it rather…complicated.” Ouroboros said. He took the book and flipped it back onto he desk, while he reached out and tried to pull onto his Titan. Hopefully Sean wouldn’t mind the embrace, because as odd as it was…begin this close to death was the only thing that made him feel alive.

”I’m not going anywhere…ever.” Ouroboros said, reassuring the Titan. While most of his sickness was explained for the blood itself was not, he simply admitted to coughing. He was simply hoping Sean did not make the connection of the differences. Though keeping things form Sean was not something he wanted nor needed to deal in at the moment. He pressed his face against Sean’s trying to find some form of comfort anywhere. He was holding on for dear life at the moment, simply because he knew that if he let go he was going to get sick again. Though it was bearable for a time. Ouroboros began to contemplate everything, let things soak in. He had been so busy searching for a reason to live, and so busy trying to impress Sean that he didn’t realize that the answer to his life had been right in front of him. He despised the idea of it…but perhaps he should simply silence the creature that roared within him. Silence the protests once and for all.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 11th 2013, 4:35 am

Sean noticed that pause within his stride, and something about caused his heart to stop for a moment, and his chest to constrict as if someone were squeezing it painfully. His eyes were upon the Ethereal Being, keeping a steady eye upon everything that he did as if it were the difference between life and death, something that he felt like was only hair thin now. Ouroboros would turn around and look upon Sean with that stoic expression that made nothing better, but perhaps even made his unfounded worry even founded, and that was something that he did not want. Perhaps there was something about what Zakaken said that had annoyed him, but was it something that Sean was not supposed to know in the first place? There seemed to be a lot of things that he was not supposed to know, but then again that was something that happened, and he could forgive the secrets that the male kept; something within his allowed such a thing.

”Nothing is certain…” That was something that added a small amount of hope to what felt like a hopeless situation, and for a moment his would appear to be the lost being that he felt like he was. He would turn to walk away, and something within Sean dropped heavily, that being until he grabbed Sean by the hand and pulled the Titan along for the ride, and that simple contact alone was something that made the rather unruly emotions abate somewhat, become something that his still partially human body could withstand and perhaps even become preferable/. They made their way through some fo the more interesting sections of the palace, showing perhaps only more of the majesty that the Ethereal being had at his command, and further showing that he was truly someone to fear; and that Sean’s trust within him was not something that was misplaced.

After a few of the labs, they came upon The Occult lab, somewhere that Sean felt more comfortable than anywhere else. One of the imperfects would greet them, and Sean would acknowledge them with a glance, silver pools looking over them for a moment, and taking in any detail that was important. It was nice to be more around his element. Around something that he had grown upon around, something that was shown to Sean since he first could understand what it was. He was an occult child and that played heavily upon his development, even now it would seem. He was lead to a desk in a dark corner on the second floor, and for a moment Sean could see that color was returning to The Ethereal beings completion. There was something about Sean needing to understand something, as he let go of the hand and color almost immediately drained from his features.

He would reveal what looked like your generic notebook, probably full of complex notes that he was not going to be able to understand, but Sean would try if that helped out in anyway one thing he understood was what was said to him, and it involved him changing the Ethereal being, and that meant that he in some way was responsible for what was happening to the male, which perhaps added to the small pain within his chest. Something about how Nether was both toughening him, and at the same time it was also making him different, it was forcing him to face mortality, and that was something that he would have never wanted to forced upon him. It seemed that his energy was truly a poison, and one that would strike at even the one that wielded it with such skill, like a well trained serpent striking its tamer.

While his mind was running through all of this, Ouroboros would pull him into an embrace and he wouldn’t have even fought against such a thing now, or ever. He would fall into it, enjoying that strange sensation that the Ethereal energy always gave him, something that elation could not come close on. It was something so amazing that anyone that no token word could ever really sum it up, and that was perhaps what made it all the more amazing. In a moment they were face to face, adding some comfort and for a moment even silencing that small voice that had been lurking at the back of his conscience. For ocnce in a long while Sean felt…content, if that was the word that could be used.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 11th 2013, 11:58 pm

”We really are one of a kind…” Ouro said with a relaxed sigh and a little bit of a happiness in his voice. It was strange. For hating Sean so much, he certainly was protective and complacent with him. It actually made Ouroboros shutter a little. He only felt at peace anymore with his Titan around. This was either a weakness or a dependency. While there is a slight difference Ouro viewed them the same way. Sean could easily exploit this, in the same respect; Ouroboros had finished his ‘experiment’ he had started during his tour of the Isle with Sean. He knew that at the drop of a hat he could have that Titan do just about anything. But he also found out even more than that. No matter how hard he tried, he could not bring himself to abuse that type of control. Because even though the Titan did not know it, the titan easily had just as much control. It was for reasons like this that anonymity was his greatest Ally…Sean aside of course.

”We’re both a pair of proud, high horsed idiots…” Ouroboros said with a little chuckle and he seemed to almost melt into Sean a little. It was something he wasn’t used to…being able to actually rely on someone without having to worry about being stabbed in the back, or played like a fool. Granted, Ouroboros knew things that he would rather not. But it’s not like he ever warned the Titan that he had practically claimed him. Mostly because he didn’t know how the Titan would react. Instead he just kissed him on the cheeks and let go of him. “I’m going to have Zakaken do something to get rid of this Shi guy. He seems to think that Shi is somehow relevant to this Zell Atterrius character…a teacher or something. So long as my Ethereal energy is bound there it’s going to make me sick like this and I can’t afford that…especially not now with the condition I’m in…” Ouroboros said.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 12th 2013, 12:21 am

They were truly one of a kind; nothing else could accurately describe the two more than anything else. Something about that line also demonstrated a small amount of happiness within the male’s voice and that alone was worth hearing, something that banished anything negative within his mind. Peace at long last came over him, mingling with the content sensation that overall made him even more pleased with this situation as a whole, even if he made a total ass out of himself. Something within his mind finally reminded him that he had forgotten about Sam, but then again he had felt that spike in Nether that had taken place not long ago, one that was akin to a portal being opened. So it seemed that he had left, and that meant Sean would have to deal with whatever later, but it would be worth it.

It wasn’t like he would complain or anything, seeing as Sean had already figured out his personality. The comment about them both being high horsed idiots caused an involuntary chuckle issue from Sean, lips curling into a small smile. While Sean could agree that he was the idiot, that term being placed on Ouroboros felt..strange and wrong almost, though his nearly childlike idolization was perhaps to blame for that in some degrees. After a moment or so of this, he would kiss Sean on the cheek and let go of him, that small bit seeming like something that he did not want exactly, but then again clinging would do no good. He spoke about Shi, a death incarnate that Sean had felt long since decline in power, and one that he had considered dealing with long ago; and his boast to Yam made that even more concrete. What would seal his death is that he was the one that was harming Ouroboros, and that was unforgivable.

”I see.” Sean mused a single bolt of Nether issuing from his left index finger curiously. ”Why don’t you let me deal with …Shi? I know him, and where he is, his condition and everything else to do with that. I did say I was going to kill him to the dragon, and I do hate to be considered a liar. His energy would mull about around him, but in a more sly, and perhaps whimsical fashion than the last time it had reared its ugly head, playful almost. ”Do you mind if I take care of him?”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 12th 2013, 1:13 am

Take care of Shi....now what on Earth are you NOT telling me? It must be something beyond that. Ouroboros thought to himself, but his eyes lit up and he flashed a signature smile of total happiness. Hwe seemed rather elated that Sean would like to kill Shi. though part of him was reserved about it. "Well, I certainly can't ask you to give up the chance to claim your kill, now can I?" He said with a happy tone as he began straightening out a few stray papers. "I know that he and you have similar..."situations".... Be careful." Ouroboros said that last part with a little more concern than he cared to share, but still...he means it. "I'm saying that for me more than I am you...but still." Ouro said with a nervous smile, while rubbing the back of his head.

Before anything else could conclude, he recalled that he had meantioned that him having a child was hurtful. It made Ouroboros quite curious of his titan. Most curious the wording on that topic even. Ouro would actually like to quizz him at some point, although it's not the ideal time right now. But he did have to ask one thing.

"Uh...I'm not exactly./...caught up with the whole...emotion aspect of things but...why did it hurt when you found out that...I had a kid? I mean I understand anger but...you were hurt?"

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top