The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Trigger
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:04 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Taliesin
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapThose Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_voting_barThose Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only)

Post by The Ranger April 22nd 2013, 4:38 pm

Ranger nodded to Forcewave as he saw the boy, no young man as he had certainly proved to be mature enough to be called that even if he was a junior in high school. Though Rey’s attention quickly turned to that of Maria and the computer screen upon noticing exactly what she had found… and on only her first time using a computer as well. Quickly reading over it faster than her own mind could process what was going on Rey started to move to exit out of the web page or do something to get her off of the page. So, he didn’t truly know what had happened, sure that wouldn’t have been so bad if she had never found out. But, finding out from reading about it… well that was not the way he ever wanted her to find out the truth. A truth he hadn’t known, because he didn’t think to delve much further into it.

‘Great…’ was the first thing to run through his mind when he saw her stand up and walk over to the kitchen. He wasn’t sure when, but he knew that sooner or later she was going to break down and start crying a lot because of what she just read. He didn’t blame her either; she had a very good reason to be upset. Ranger himself had lead most of his life being depressed and always trying to live up to his parents expectations, to doing what others wanted, bottling the pain down deep and keeping his emotions in check. Hell he was still doing that to this very day, so this girl who had spent the last century in a tube not knowing what happened had more than enough reason to cry and let out her sadness. So although he knew he should have comforted her, and moved to do so he stopped upon seeing Campeon already over there.

A slight chuckle escaped his lips and a smile rose upon his lips at the actions of the big man. He always seemed to know just what to say or do to lighten a mood, and hopefully he would do the same now. Sure, it probably wouldn’t make Maria feel perfectly and magically better, but maybe it would let her feel at least a tiny bit better that was all he was really asking for. Shaking his head he moved over to the kitchen and grabbing a hand cover, he opened the oven and took out the cookies placing them down on the counter before poking one with a fork. “Hmmm… yupp cookies totally seem good…now what about you Maria…?” He said/asked turning to face the girl and Campeon as well.

The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 535
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 Empty Re: Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only)

Post by Forceaus April 22nd 2013, 8:42 pm

Forcewave's arrival at the Knightwatch base of operations seemed to have been an unexpected one. At least it was that way for this new recruit. The young woman was generally freaked out by his making his presence known. Ranger had apparently forgotten to tell her he had called people in. Just when he thought things would be awkward enough as is. Forcewave leaned back against the counter he was standing next to and sought to relax. However he was supposed to help was something out of his current frame of knowledge but he would at least try. Figuring out what to try though was hard. Not with the thought of there being cookies baking at the moment. He couldn't help it, he was weak. So weak.

He couldn't help but try and read what was on the computer screen. He could read even from here the article on the screen. An article from 1947 mentioning several deaths resulting from a figure known as 'the plague'. It seemed tragic to read. He did not know how this was associated with anything going on. Forcewave knew nothing really about this new recruit. He had just been told to stop by and that was it. Perhaps this article was related to her in some way. It must have been for reading it was deeply affecting her. She got up talking about getting the cookies out of the oven but instead burst into tears right after walking past him. Forcewave bent down to check up on her. He was so distracted with the sight of her crying he didn't even notice somebody else walk in until a hand was pressed against his back budging him forward a bit. He shook himself a bit as he looked up to see who was here. It was the one who had brought the cake to the first meeting, Campeon as he called himself.

Neither Ranger not Campeon seemed to know what best to do when it came to seeing this woman known as Maria crying like this. Forcewave bent down to check up on her. "Are you alright? Is there anything you need to talk about. I'll listen if you want." he said to her kindly. Not even the delectable smell of the freshly baked cookies could distract him from wanting to help Maria in whatever way he could.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 24th 2013, 9:28 pm

At this point Maria was crying hysterically. The same thought speeding through her mind. I could of saved them. She was in her own world right now, filled with sadness and regret. But a hand on her snapped her out of it. The hand hasn't even on her for a few seconds before she slapped it away violently. She stood up at the same time, staring angrily at the man who just tried to comfort her. Her gaze was full of anger. She felt cornered. She just stood there, tears pouring down her face, breathing heavily. She hated herself and because of it she currently hated everyone in this room. However when Rey asked how she was feeling, she snapped. She turned on a dime her gaze now directly at Rey. She walked up to him to attempt to slap him across the face as hard as she could.

"You lied to me Rey!" said Maria. "You said they lived late into there lives! You lied to me! They were my friend, my family and you lied to me!" She continued to breath heavily, although her breathing did slow down after seconds. She collapsed on the floor in front of Rey, still crying. She had calm down from her major flash on anger. "I could of saved them... damn it! I can heal people! I could of saved them!"
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccto April 28th 2013, 6:22 pm

Campeon was confused to say the least, he really did not have much of a grip about what was going on in the kitchen of Knightswatch and he wouldn't have the full picture until much later, he figured it to be too rude just to turn to one of his companions and ask fully what was up. So he had to piece it together, new recruit in the Knightswatch, a young lady but maybe not? She could heal and she has dead friends, 50% of that Campeon could sympathize with. He lost some friends on the night where he had gained his powers.

His face twists as he attempts to find the words he wants to use, if only english was his first language, or spanish was theirs. But on the brightside it made Campeon charming as he stumbled over his words. FOCUS. He turned to her and attempted to put on the most sympathic look he can, he did feel for her Calmate...Calmate. He sighs and glances over to his male companions Wit' confidence I can say that we have some..regrets, regarding who we haven't been able to save. I know for certain that I do He sighs again before taking another bite of his hot dog before hopping off of the counter top

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
El Boriquen
Riccto

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 61
Job : The Stronkest
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger April 29th 2013, 10:06 pm

“Your right, I lied, and you want to know why I did it? I lied because I didn’t know what happened, and I figured if I ever truly found out I’d tell you then. I wanted you to get accustomed to living in 2029 first because this is where you are going to have to stay. It isn’t my fault the cure you needed wasn’t developed until after your friends had died, and it isn’t my fault that you were forgotten in time until I found you and decided you had been under far too long. I figured hey, it may not be the life she once had but I have the knowledge to save her and give her a life…so that’s what I did, I saved you. I’m sorry it isn’t exactly the life you wanted but life isn’t fair.” A year or two ago he would have added ‘God does what he does for a reason’ onto the end of that little speech, but now? Now after everything he’s been put through Ranger wasn’t so sure. He truly hopped God was still out there watching over them though.

After saying the last word he looked over at Campeon and shook his head, sure the big guy was trying to comfort her but it was obvious she didn’t want the comfort. She wanted to be back in the 1940s with her friends where she would die in a couple months because of her disease that at the time was un-curable; hell it was un-curable for another thirty years at least after her friends died as well. This wasn’t something any of them could fix and the best thing they could do was help her adjust when she accepted the fact that this was her fate, until then, well until then there truly wasn’t much anyone could do for her except keep her from killing herself. “If it helps, before my mother died she always told me ‘In life count your blessings and problems, if you counted more problems than recount because you forgot the little things’.” He said taking a bite out of the very hot cookies…

This of course made his eyes water a bit as his tongue was burned, and faster than most people could keep up with he sprinted over to the sink and turned it on letting the cold water soak down his burnt throat. “H…ho…hot…those are some hot cookies…I advise letting them cool down a bit before…well you know eating them.” He said standing up and whipping his mouth off of excess water with a towel that was lying next to the sink. Sure, he was nowhere near as cool or calm and collected as The Black Knight was and that was mainly because of his ‘young’ age, and the lack of a ‘real’ childhood and teenage years of life. So, the true side of him showed every now and then, every now and then like what they just witnessed the real Rey Adrian Miller let himself through the barriers and dams built up by The Ranger. Rey slipped through the blocks built up by a man who witnessed his parents murdered, his sister torn away from him, a murder by his own hands, watched the death of his fiancé’, and lost contact with his sister…

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 TheRangerFinishedResize-1
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Job : Lawyer in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus April 30th 2013, 12:12 am

In the kitchen of the Knightwatch base Forcewave had kneeled down next to Maria as part of his attempt to comfort the poor misplaced in time woman in her sadness. His knees had started to ache a bit mere seconds after having kneeled down. Perhaps he had put too much strain on them recently. He tried to speak to her, but he doubted even a word of what he said made it through to her. Anger and sorrow quelled any other thoughts as she stood up so quickly that Forcewave nearly fell over in response. He wrenched his arms back and placed the palms upon the cold kitchen floor to steady himself and avoid falling down or hitting his head against the cupboards behind him.

For a few seconds that felt like a longer period Forcewave just stayed in place kneeled over on the kitchen floor. That time he spent like this was the amount of time Maria spent yelling at Ranger over what she had just discovered. He finally got back to his feet when she had finished speaking. There was nothing for him to say at the moment and no reason for getting up other than to make sure he would not be risking hurting himself while kneeling over on the ground. This conversation was for Ranger to discuss. It was best that Campeon and himself not interfere in it. He looked over at Ranger, Rey, the lawyer he had met in Atlanta. Finally finding out that Rey Miller was the Ranger was a pleasant surprise. He figured it had been. At least he no longer would have to think about it again.

Ranger gave his response. A harsh truth was given to her, but it was a needed one. The kindness was still there. Based on what he said it was clear he was being honest with her. It was hard to tell how she would take it. Forcewave sighed as he thought over what was occurring. He just felt awkward being here. It kind of showed on his face as he watched Ranger take a bite out of one of the cookies and instantly regret it. He rushed over to the sink. Forcewave saw what he was about to do and started to speak as it was already being done. "You should get some milk instead. Water will only make the burning worse. Guess not." He walked over to the refrigerator and opened it in search of some milk. He took it out and grabbed a cup for it and a plate for the cookies and served himself some. Leaving the milk out for anyone else who might want some he grabbed a few cookies and walked out into the dining room to eat and leave room for the others.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Artemis April 30th 2013, 7:54 pm

Maria kept crying. Campeon was attempting to comfort her but she just shrugged him off. She didn't want to be comforted, she wanted to go home. Rey's words stung her but she knew they were right. She knew he wasn't to blame and i anything she owed him her life, but she couldn't help it, when she saw him she just wanted to take her anger out on him. Even though the anger was being built up by regrets.

"I-it's the future... you can't tell me they haven't found out a way to travel in time? Like in the sci-fi books one of my friends used to read" asked Maria, barely audible. Her eyes drifted around the kitchen and eventually settled on a thing of knives. If could reach them it would only be a quick flick of her wrist and then she would be reunited with her friends. The only problem was that Campeon was right next to her and Rey was in the way. They would probably stop her before she even got close, especially since Rey went through the trouble of getting her. She stood up and forced her eyes away from the knives, not realising how intently she had been staring at them. She picked up the try of cookies and placed them on a plate she had set out earlier. Taking the plate she followed the way force went and ended up in the dining room. She sat down and picked up a cookies. Taking small bites out of it but mostly she just stared off into space.
Artemis
Artemis
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 865
Registration date : 2011-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Riccto May 6th 2013, 4:36 pm

Campeon could tell when he wasn’t exactly needed. The ever present barrier of language continues to haunt him despite his best efforts, English wasn’t exactly his native tongue despite Puerto Rico’s status in the U.S. He shrugs to himself and glances over to Ranger with a slight smile that suggests that he’d given it what he’s got. His big beefy fist of friendship and affability has proven the wrong tool in the situation which seems to be delicate matters of a situation he doesn’t quite understand. He finishes off his hot dog and balls up the wrapper , making a impresive arc as it lands in the trash.

Ballin’

He says with a smile as he hops off of the counter, he walks towards Ranger and gives him a pat on the arm.

“Eh. I tried. Too many chefs in the kitchens ya know, Best of luck with it Boss.
He offers an apologetic smile as he heads for the elevator.

El Boriquen
Riccto

Number of posts : 61
Job : The Stronkest
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger May 10th 2013, 3:36 pm

“Time travel? It hasn’t been invented,” He said thinking to himself ‘well at least not yet’ “if it was I’d send you back, but as it has not been invented the best thing is for you to stay here with us and take the time you need to adjust to your new surroundings.” He said watching as her eyes drifted over the knives on the counter and knew if she made a move for them he would be able to stop her, he wasn’t going to lose another life especially when he had just technically saved her life, even if it wasn’t the way she had intended for it to be saved. After what seemed to be a minute or two she stood up and went to the cookies, piling them onto a plate and then following Forcewave out and into the ‘dining’ and sometimes meeting room part of the Knightwatch’s Lair.

Nodding his head to Campeon as the muscular man left and headed to the elevator. He himself thought about following for a moment or two but decided against that thought and followed Maria and Force into the dining room. Upon arriving in there he sat down across from Maria and a little away from Force, not saying a word instead simply watching the two of them. It was an odd little group to say the least but it would hopefully all work out in the end and…his thoughts were interrupted by an alarm going off from the computer in the main room. Standing up Ray turned to grab his bow, well it seemed like this night was about to get interesting…

The Ranger
The Ranger's Stuff
Those Forgotten Don't Always Stay Forgotten...(Invite Only) - Page 2 TheRangerFinishedResize-1
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Job : Lawyer in training

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 10th 2013, 9:24 pm

Sitting in the dining room at the table, and watching and listening in on the conversation going on in the kitchen, Forcewave found it difficult to even concentrate on the plate of freshly baked cookies in front. He was definitely interested in the ongoings of the events in the other room if he was ignoring cookies that were from straight out of the oven. They were probably going to be cooled down by the time he actually got to them. Considering there were 5 on his plate he was probably going to be feeling a bit of a slight sugar rush afterwards anyways.

He gave a slight wave to Campeon as the big guy left the building, unsure of whether or not he had even noticed. His hand had barely risen off the table when he had done it anyways. His mind had become confused by a statement made for a couple seconds. "Sci-fi books? Huh?" he stated under his breath as the realization came back to him "Oh right, 1940s, not 1840. Remember things idiot." He felt embarrassed by his momentary lapse of intellect. He put his head down and got to eating that damn cookies already. He only lifted his head back up when he heard somebody sit down as well. He saw that it was Maria who had sat down and said to her awkwardly "Hi, are you feeling any better perhaps?" he asked of her kindly. He got no response and went back to his plate. Ranger came and sat down as well and the three of them just sat there in silence for a moment until the sound of the alarm pierced the calm atmosphere and alerted them to something going on that they might need to attend to.

((End topic))

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top