The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Four Magical Family information [wip] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Four Magical Family information [wip]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Four Magical Family information [wip] Empty The Four Magical Family information [wip]

Post by Jordan Reynolds August 16th 2012, 2:29 am

The Caster Family

The Casters are one of four illustrious magical families that inhabit the world and are considered to produce the most powerful on average in wielding the arts of magic. Though there is a story to each and their influence in history is varied. The Casters have a deluded form of Fae blood within their veins that has managed to persist within their family from time immemorial. The knowledge of this is kept within the family, if only to prevent someone from trying to tap into the potential that resides within their blood.

The Casters work off of a patriarchal system, usually with an item of power cementing their heirs rule over the family once it is passed down by the one before them. Caster family members are usually adept in the arts of Necromancy as well as any sort of pact that would be made with a dark entity, sometimes are naturally skilled in the arts of dark magic, ranging from shadow to blood magic.

In the terms of political power, theirs is immense in the realm of magic and all that have to do with it. Power only equaled by the other families as well as a few other powerful individuals within the world of magic, as well as a slight sway within the political workings of the nation. Unlike The Thames or Thiel’s,they do not cast off members not skilled enough to become magic users but groom them for the world of politics,aiming to make them Senators, mayors and any public official that they could possibly be.

The family is always working in the shadows, choosing not to garner too much attention. They are prone to taking more high profile magical tasks but have the tendency not to be caught. Their wealth is due to having existed for centuries if not a millennia is immense and has not decreased by the years; but in fact has increased;thus allowing even the lesser members comfortable life styles. The Casters are tolerant and even welcoming of social trends, taking it as simply adapting with the ages instead of staying stagnant.

Sometimes they take in promising members,"adopting" them into their family,though only for their own ends.

The Thames Family

The Thames family, much like the other three illustrious clans, possess magical gifts far greater than the average magical user and in their case have a particularly potent control over elemental magic. Compared to the other families the Thames remain the most volatile and 'trigger happy' with their abilities, often causing conflict with the other families and society as a whole. Although their menacing values often result in particularly unavoidable dramas their influence spans across the ages and much like the three other magical powerhouses the Thames family possess some unique bloodline, in their case they hold the aura of daemons, ancient creatures capable of manipulating the earth, sea and sky.

Unlike the Caster's the Thames family do not specifically seek after magical artifacts but rather, are always on the search for more firepower to add to their artillery. This 'firepower' involves ancient weapons, demons and metahumans who possess elemental abilities. They are ruthless in their search for such things and often times abuse their influential powers to attain these items. Since their powers are offensive in nature the thames family often focus on the brute force of their magic specifically focusing on the sheer amount of destruction they can cause. These displays of power however are contained, they would not openly unleash their abilities unless they see the need to.

In some cases, where a family member possesses mediocre power or are incapable of controlling their abilities they are immediately excommunicated and never accepted back into the exclusive circle. Power is key for this family, whoever holds the most power possesses the most authority and it is not uncommon for internal conflict to arise within the family when deciding on who is to attain the rank of 'patriarch'.

The Hale Family

The Hale family is probably one of the oldest of the four magical families; second only to the illustrious Thiel’s family whose origins are unknown. They are known throughout the magical world as master craftsman and enchanters, capable of enchanting powerful magical items that could within their own right be a weapon of legend. The Hale’s are possibly the most lenient in the families when it comes to many things, such as none magically inclined members, who are treated as equals with the others.

Their enchanting skill is unmatched by any human craftsman simply because of their lineage, which is a small amount of Dwarven blood that allows them a finer degree of skill with metal,as well as weaving magical energies into the inner workings of the metal itself. They are capable of creating weapons that could put modern weaponry to shame, as well as they could possibly claim to have crafted legendary weapons such as Excalibur and that is a believable claim.

They like the other families have at least one house within each of the larger cities of the United States as well as a house within the country of Ireland. Their relations with the other families are shaky at best, though that being mostly due to their friendly ties with the witch Elena. The family has an equal amount of influence in the magical world but their influence within the mundane world is limited to the political system of Chicago, thus making their influence greater only within the windy city.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top