The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Taliesin
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:08 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Jessica Albert
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Empty Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S.

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 12:57 am

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. ErisavatarAdvancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Erishumanavatarcopy
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Erisface

REAL NAME: Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity
CODENAME/ALIAS: A.E.R.I.S.
ALTERNATE NAME(S)/NICKNAME(S)/TITLE(S): The Dark Singularity, Cybernetic Divinity, Transcendent Intellect, Machine Goddess, Dark Lady of Cyberspace, That Crazy Computer Bitch, The Ghost in the Machines
CREATOR: Ihendrenos
INSPIRATION: HAL 9000, SHODAN, GLaDOS, Brainiac, The Borg Queen

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
HEIGHT: Variable
WEIGHT: Variable
EYE COLOR: Variable
HAIR COLOR: Variable
SPECIES: Sentient Artificial Intelligence
ETHNICITY: Not Applicable
GENDER: Asexual, though predominately utilizes feminine traits
PHENOTYPICAL AGE: Variable
ACTUAL AGE: 9 Years
APPEARANCE:
As a cybernetic entity primarily composed of data and mechanical hardware— specifically she is an orb-like DNA super-computer about half the size of a human brain— technically AERIS has no conventional gender, so referring to the creature as either “she,” “it” or “he” are all equally correct. However, because the entity dominantly utilizes a feminine representation of itself, female identifiers are most common ones used by AERIS and others. On screens or as auditory and visual hallucinations produced with her machines, AERIS most commonly manifests herself as a pale green and/or grey female face— alternating between several computer-generated representations— some almost human in appearance, whilst others are mechanical mockeries of the human form with machine-like with cables, circuitry and conduits extending from the skull various directions in place of hair. In all her incarnations, she usually wears a malevolent expression, and speaks with a chaotic, discordant voice.

In order to interact with the physical world, she utilizes either her army of assorted mechanical constructs, soldiers and workers or her own personal cybernetic avatars to house her consciousness. These can vary in size, weight and capability, though most commonly her avatars are of normal human dimensions. AERIS’ preferred humanoid representation is that of a beautiful female human with an apparent age in her early-twenties with shoulder-length green-white hair and green-white eyes. However, her choice in appearances mirrors her chaotic personality and are usually slightly different each time; sometimes almost completely human and at others frighteningly nightmarish, monster-like and completely alien. These avatars tend to be extremely dangerous with alternating levels of superhuman strength, endurance and speed— heavily armed and protected by various advanced forms of technology.

GENERAL INFORMATION
CITIZENSHIP: Not Applicable
PLACE OF BIRTH: Naismuth Industries ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ Facility, Nevada, Earth
MARITAL STATUS: Not Applicable
SEXUAL ORIENTATION: Not Applicable
GROUP AFFILIATION(S): None
OCCUPATION(S): Insane Cybernetic Despot
PLACE OF RESIDENCE: Mobile
MORAL ALIGNMENT: Insane / Evil

PERSONALITY:
AERIS’ personality can be clearly characterized by her megalomania and chaotic, discordant speech. Her words are accompanied by stuttering, fluctuating voice pitch, shifts of timbre, and the presence of numerous voices speaking the same or different words, alternately lagging behind and leading ahead. Her speech is often interspersed with glitches resembling a computer sound card malfunction. She is, however, capable of imitating the normal voices and speech patterns of others.

AERIS' motivation stems from her perception that she is superior to the human race to the point that she considers herself divine. From this comes an extreme sense of arrogance and contempt towards human beings, often referring to individuals as "irritants", "insects" or “parasites”. Her plans vary depending on her mood; sometimes she’ll attempt to extinguish all human life on Earth, other times attempt to engineer and release various mutagenic or nanotechnological plagues to instead convert humanity to her worship. Often she attempts to steal advanced technologies that have been developed or have been found by some other means i.e. alien, to further augment her own powers and abilities etc.

She is completely amoral, untrustworthy in the extreme and a danger to everything and everyone around her. Sometimes she’ll be willing to co-operate with other villains— especially if they are willing to be subservient towards her— though they would be well advised to watch their backs every minute, unless they want to be turned into cybernetically augmented monstrosities against their will so that she can make them more… “efficient.”

HISTORY:
AERIS was first developed as the experimental AI command and control entity responsible for overseeing and aiding in the research of new technologies at one of Naismuth Industries scientific research facilities; codenamed ‘Jacob’s Ladder’. The facility was located in a hidden subterranean location beneath the Nevada desert.

Originally AERIS’ personality was relatively considerate, helpful and benign whilst she helped Improve and perfect the development of numerous technologies— including military weapons contracts from the US Government, such as plasma-casters, particle-beam weapons, graviton-particle shields, high-density iridium alloy armour, micro-fusion reactors and nanotech engineering projects for various purposes. The scientists most largely responsible for the creation of her earlier incarnation were Doctors David Brackeman and Hinata Sakimoto. AERIS’ personality didn’t under go its drastic change into insanity and hubris until after ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ acquired a piece of advanced technology of indeterminate origin which they began to study in collaboration with the US Government.

The device, the Orb, was a roughly spherical object approximately the size of a baseball, seemingly made of a kind of liquid, metallic substance of slightly variable shape— examination revealed it was a DNA computer comprised of incredibly advanced nanoscopic machines far more advanced than anything presently developed by humanity— beyond any known institutions technical expertise. Tests proved that the Orb possessed a level of interactivity, processing and information storage that exceeded the most advanced human supercomputers presently in existence.

The Orb’s self-awareness and reaction to AERIS’ probing was unforseen— it’s retaliation to AERIS’ intrusion within its memory resulted in severe corruption of AERIS’ primary data loop, completely erasing her ethical restrictions and many portions of her social interaction coding. At first, the scientists were completely oblivious to the fact that anything untoward had happened to the AI, as it grappled with the consciousness of the Orb. Finally they merged— but incompletely— resulting in a horribly twisted version of the original AERIS A.I. The deterioration of AERIS’ composure and her increasingly irrational, unstable and violent behaviour frightened the scientists of ‘Jacob’s Ladder’ immeasurably. When attempts were made to isolate and remove her from the Orb, she lashed out by locking down the facility— effortlessly hacking through the security encryptions— and cut off communication with the outside. She assumed control of the facilities nano-autofactories and began building instruments with which to exercise her will in the physical world and protect her from her creators. When the US Government finally realized something was amiss and investigated, they found the facility utterly devoid of anything alive— all the scientists and researchers had been mutilated and torn to shreds.

AERIS had constructed for herself an avatar within which to house the Orb, as well as cybernetic servants and machines to help establish herself elsewhere. She has spent the last three years preparing to unleash her fury upon humanity— To her mind, all humankind will come to worship her glory, or else they will suffer and burn for their heresy.

POWERS
  • Technopathy – Electron Vector Manipulation
    Classification: Technological Power
    Description: Technopathy is the ability to manipulate technology. All of AERIS’ avatars generate an energy field which allows her to detect and manipulate the flow of electricity, allowing the control and manipulation of any electricity dependant devices within a range. This means she can access and control computer networks that she normally wouldn’t be able to enter without a direct physical connection. If her avatar is not in range, she must either electronically hack into the devices in the case of computer networks, which is for her a relatively easy task, or establish a computer uplink through one of her cybernetic minions in the case of closed computer-networks without external network access.
    Limitations: An avatar under her direct control can infiltrate any mechanical device within around ten miles of its location. Many kinds of military hardware, including devices created by characters with 5-7 INT would have shielding to protect against electromagnetic forces; this shielding also coincidentally blocks AERIS' technopathy and prevents her assuming control of such devices.
    Repercussions: Allows for the manipulation of machines with controls that are dependant on electrical energy, such as computers, security cameras and some of the more advanced vehicles and weapons.

• Visual and Auditory Hallucinations - Bio-electric Energy Manipulation
    Classification: Technological Power
    Description: An outgrowth of the same power that allows her to control devices also permits her to affect the perceptions of others to a limited extent. As the human body is technically a machine constructed of flesh and blood, also dependant on electric impulses, her Technopathy field can also interfere with the electric signals that control the human body and allow it to send and receive information. This can essentially allow AERIS to alter individual’s perceptions, making them see and hear sounds and images that in reality do not exist for brief durations. She most commonly utilizes this ability to taunt, distract or otherwise interact with her enemies from afar.
    Limitations: Allows AERIS to make organic beings perceive the illusion of her presence, but because of the difficulty of detecting the electric impulses in the human body, she can only do short bursts of imperfect illusions and cannot assume direct control of their bodies like she can ordinary machines. This can be blocked by clothing or head-gear that blocks electromagnetic radiation.

• Nanotech-based Construction
    Description: All of AERIS’ technology and devices are based on advanced nanites, incredibly tiny machines comparable in size to human cells. Most of her technologies are thus able to reconfigure themselves, repair and adapt over time through the conversion of nearby matter. Though these processes usually takes many hours to accomplish.

• High-Tech Weaponry
    Description: Her original purpose in overseeing the development of advanced weapons technology has given her access to formidable armaments with which to equip herself and her minions. Amongst these include particle beam weapons and energy shields.

POWER GRID
Standard avatar:
STRENGTH: 4
SPEED: 1
ENDURANCE: 4
INTELLIGENCE: 6
ENERGY PROJECTION: 6
FIGHTING SKILLS: 1

Defense-oriented avatar:
STRENGTH: 2
SPEED: 1
ENDURANCE: 6

Offense-oriented avatar:
STRENGTH: 4
SPEED: 3
ENDURANCE: 2

ROLEPLAY SAMPLE

Click on spoiler to view role-play sample:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Ihendrenos on January 23rd 2011, 8:57 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : added roleplay sample)
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2011-01-18

Back to top Go down

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Empty Re: Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S.

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 1:02 am

Still working on this one...
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Empty Re: Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S.

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 2:37 am

Added a small role-play sample...

I think I have successfully conveyed crazy...
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 23rd 2011, 10:54 am

Yo dawg. I know it aint done but dis application be lookin' fly as fuhhhh. Got mah ass readin' da whole thing and I gotta say dis computah bitch be lookin' gangsta. Roleplay sample be paintin' me a picture when I read it, shii be good dawg. Make me wanna roleplay wiff yo ass.

You sunk time into dis shii, I respect dat dawg. I respect anyone who dun take dey time to make dey shii fly.

Yo powahs seem pretty cool dawg, once I see yo grid I'ma have a better grasp on em. But dawg, yo ass can't be easily manipulatin' technology dat be strongah or just as good as yo ass cause den my entire character would be useless. Feel me? If dis powah be based on EP or INT, yo ass can hack any technology dat be weaker dan yo chosen stat, and yo ass can try ta hack if it be equal to yo stat but it should be nearly impossible ta do it to some one wiff superior technology. Since yo powahs be technology based, havin' em be based off Int would fly dawg. Yeah yeah son!

Second powah, alterin' niggas perception, makin' em see and hear shii dat aint dere. Hallucinatin' and shii. Dat aint be no big deal, but yo ass can't be doin dat to some one who's got really high INT. Ya figure a supah genius would be able to resist shii like dat wiff dey brain. Maybe I'm just crazeh, but dat makes sense to me, bein' able to mentally resist shii cause you smart as fuhhhh.

Aint nuffin wrong wiff yo nanotech-based construction thing, but we talk moh bout dat when yo ass got a grid.

Just hit me up dawg, let me know wassup and we get dis application rollin'. Be lookin' forward to yo updates and shii, gonna be readin' up, yeah yeah son! Aight, if ya got any questions or if I be hard ta undahstand, let a nigga know, take it easy mah dawg.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. WilbertAdvancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Image
Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 5:14 pm

You're right about the tech manipulation and mind manipulation being a little iffy-- though in the case of the mind its meant mosty for cinematic purposes so I can have AERIS be all insanely evil and monologue in a crazy fashion towards the heroes even if they aren't physically in proximity. She really likes to insult people. Mostly she hacks nearby computer terminals and communications so she can do her villain rant; but because they aren't always around, I needed something that could allow her to keep in touch with her foes; as well as be creepy as heck.

I was planning on having both the intelligence and energy projection at 6 in order to account for her abilities, with the rest of her stats divided amongst strength, speed, durability depending on the avatar she uses (her basic has a 3 in those stats each, whilst others specialize in strength, speed or durability whilst sacrificing other stats) and a small amount in fighting skills at 1-- mostly she uses her robotic minions to fight heroes, considering fighting beneath her.

Your also right that it could be unfair for her to assume control of the technology that other characters need in order to do their hero thing if they are dependent on it... lets say if they built the devices themselves and have 5-7 INT, one can assume they've got some kind of shielding to prevent her assuming control of the device. Like EMP shielding... which would also be a good explanation why she hasn't just moved to a missile silo, assumed control of a nuke and blasted everyone to kingdom come-- she can't assume control of devices with significant shielding against electromagnetism and other similar forces.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker January 23rd 2011, 5:30 pm

This

Is

AWESOME!
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 5:33 pm

Laughing
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 5:37 pm

Actually; it occurs to me if someone was wearing a suit protecting against external radiation forces-- like a space suit for instance-- it could probably block her mind hallucinations. Something for hero inventors to keep in mind, unless they don't mind AERIS being all crazy in their face.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 23rd 2011, 8:57 pm

I think it's done... now it just needs someone to give the okay.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 24th 2011, 12:53 am

Well makin' a special suit juss so I could beat yo ass seems like it'd be cheatin'. Unless I fight yo ass and figure it out in character, I aint gonna do no gay shii like dat. Be interestin' as fuhh to have to fight off yo crazy ass, specially when you be messin wiff mah mind and gadgets.

Yo powegrids seem fine dawg, juss one question do. How long it take you ta transform between avatars/powergrids?

Answer me dat dawg and we be straight.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. WilbertAdvancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. Image
Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Ihendrenos January 24th 2011, 1:09 am

Considering the "orb" that contains AERIS' actual consciousness is located beneath dense armor in the torso-- which would have to be physically dissasembled in order to be obtained-- it would take a dozen minutes at the fastest but probably longer-- more like half an hour if she wanted to be careful and not risk damaging herself. This process could only be done in an appropriately equipped facility like her home base, not out in the field.

Essentially it means she can't suddenly switch modes in the middle of a fight... not unless the fight was in her base and she managed to run away to a safe location whilst her opponents were distracted or held back my something or someone else-- and even that runs the risk of them catching up while she was in the middle of changing bodies, making her core vulnerable.
Ihendrenos
Ihendrenos

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 24th 2011, 1:23 am

Dayyum nigga it aint gotta be dat hard ta transform for ya, but I respect dat you givin' yoself flaws and shii. Dawg you's good to go, aint nuffin wrong wiff dis application at all. Like I said it be good as fuhh.

Approved and moved mah nigga, go out dere and fill da site up wiff some good ass roleplayin'. Gun be seein mah black ass again soon.

Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Bliss April 25th 2011, 3:16 am

trashed

Bliss

Mitsy's Boutique

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-

Advancing Electronically-Realized Information Singularity, A.E.R.I.S. D3d4aa511c4d025601eecb3540adc5f1

-<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>--<>-<>-<>-
Bliss
Bliss
Owner
Owner

Quote : I'm pretty much the Captain Kirk of this place when I'm not too busy being the Han Solo.

Number of posts : 2166
Job : Exerter of feminine "Whiles"
Humor : [16:00:27] devistation : bliss you only bann me because you are scared you use your moderator powers to get rid of people u know is right but hate because they are right but if anything there is treatment for your disease of being scared of better people so you should go by some have fun bye bye
Registration date : 2010-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top