The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_vote_lcapCrash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_voting_barCrash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_vote_lcapCrash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_voting_barCrash Landing in the Exposition Hall I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall Empty Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall

Post by XxRedxX August 5th 2011, 8:37 am

"Brace yourselves!" Cried out the veteran pilot as they passed through the field and their helicopter experiecned severe turbulance. Just as soon as they hit the turbulance Connor and his team had already tapped their 'equips' istantly dawning on their armor and gear. "No recovering, we're going straight into that building!" Connor looked out the side window of the door at the building which was rapidly growing closer to their aircraft and then analyzed their surroundings. "Brace yourselves!"

The copter hit hard into the side of the building, smashing through the windows and steels bars onto the floor of one of the top levels. The windows to the helicopter shattered to pieces as the pilot frantically started shutting off equipment to prevent any further hazards as they suddenly came to a stop. The pilot threw off his helmet, letting out a sigh of relief as the floor seemed to hold the weight of the helicopter for the time being. He then turned to the four passengers, three in which obviously looked a little shaken by the crash but simply brushing the pieces of glass from their armor. "Is everyone alright?"

"I'm good." Noah said bluntly as he unbuckled himself and stood up reaching for the door and attempting to slide it open with no luck. "I've had worse crash landings in the past, so don't worry about me." Violet stood up checked to make sure everything on her was in tact. Connor simply nodded his head at the pilot and then looked at their fourth party member, a grim looking fellow which made Connor wonder. Is he a hero or a villian...and do I have to watch him? Were his thoughts as he turned to try and help Noah with the door. "Won't budge, i can try pushing it off the hinges but God only knows how sturdy the floor is." Noah stepped back from the door preparing to use his powers before the pilot interrupted.

"Hold on, I can open it from the outside it looks like theirs just some debri in the way. I'll just climb out the front window." The pilot climbed out, making his way over towards the door and started prying at it with his a piece of steel he had found. "Almost..." Suddenly there was a clank. "Got it, just pull the lever down and it sh..." Suddenly there was gunfire and bullets began to rattle against the armored platting of the helicopter followed by a short scream from the pilot.

"Enemy Contact!" Violet called out as each of the three colored heros' tapped their equips and brought out their LNR SMGs' which were preloaded with live ammunition. Noah switched to his thermal vision and caught a looked beyond the helicopter. "Sentry turrent, i can see the heat signatures from the barrels."

Violet immediatly started to take charge, "I see it too" She switched off her own thermal vision and looked to Connor. "Think you can push the door into it and smash it?" Violet sounded sarcastic and was in a way taunting Blue. "Yeah, I think i can handle it." He pushed a head of the group and placed both hands against the window. Suddenly, the door blew off it's hinges and off into the gun turrent bending its barrels. When it attempted to open fire on the group it blew itself up into pieces.

"Excellent work, i see working together has made you two aware of each others abilities." Connor complemented them on their team work. Noah made it look like he was blowing on his knuckles cockily, "All in a days work." Violet smacked Blue against the back of the head, "Alright super blue don't get to full of yourself." Nicole looked down at the body of the pilot and grimaced behind her helmet. He didn't deserve such a death. "When this is over we'll be sure to come back for him. Don't worry." Connor said as he placed a comforting hand on Violets' back. She immediatly stiffened her lip as to feel tough and turned to face their fourth party member. "Hey, whats your face. Got a name or am I just ganna call you beautiful this entire trip?"

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall Picnikcollage

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2134-red
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2869-violet
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t2733-blue
XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 287
Registration date : 2011-03-13

Back to top Go down

Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall Empty Re: Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall

Post by Travis Traxler August 5th 2011, 2:34 pm

Things were moving horribly slow with the whole SeaCove City thing he had decided to check out. With the whole speech, which Mister Reaper had only sort of half listened to really, which was slow and monotonous at best and the people around him were all doing the same thing for the most part, standing around and doing nothing out of the ordinary. Boring everywhere he looked, until he found out he would get to ride in a helicopter, something he had always wanted to do, but that was also short lived as he found out he would be joined by three sticks in the mud. Two guys and a girl all of which were dressed somewhat alike, it was obvious they all knew how to work together and had done so before for some time at least. The villain would most likely simply get in their way if he tried to help them out, which was fine with him since he planned on ditching as soon as he could anyway.

The helicopter ride too wound up being super boring as apparently nobody wanted to speak or be spoken to, not like they could be easily heard over the propellers pulling them through the air. Mister Reaper decided that sleep, even an uneasy one, although that was the only way he knew how to sleep, would do him some good for the upcoming battle. There would be blood in the coming hours be it his, some alien’s, or that of one of the people before him but whoever it was there was one certain and that was that it would be fun. With the passing thoughts Mister Reaper felt himself slip into a rough sleep with no dreams involved, like always. In this sleep the man did not even notice the problems with shields and what not destroying the back end of the helicopter.

The rumble of the helicopter shook the man so badly that he hit his head pretty hard against the side of the aircraft and knocked him out while still asleep for a moment and when he came to he heard the words of the girl in their group. “Sweet cheeks, you can stare all you want but nothing’s going to happen,” he said in an angelic tone, having forgotten to make it gruff like he practiced. “You’re the chick on a team with two guys, odds are you’ve been stretched to bigger than I can please, even with the glory that is me,” he rambled as he continued to get up. Sniffing the air he smelled two things blood and gunpowder, but there were no casings on the ground to indicate that any of the people around him had fired a bullet yet.

He then looked at the body lying outside the aircraft, which were beyond repair both the helicopter and the dead guy on the ground, from the angle of the bullet holes he knew the offender must have ambushed him from the side and following the line of sight back to it’s source he could clearly see what looked to be a destroyed and burning turret. With turrets there were always more hidden, since nobody just bought one random turret to put in one spot. “Well, it’s been a fun ride but this is my stop and if you want to live you might want to follow,” he said as he readied himself for a running start and sprinted from the helicopter at full speed for the open door straight ahead.

Then he heard it, the sound of a turret emerging from the ground directly in front of him and he quickly jumped up with a tall arc and landed square on top of the machine, making it rumble from his force. The villain heard some gears break inside the contraption. To his left he saw yet another turret begin to emerge from the floor so he moved to his right and hid behind the exposed turret he had landed on and then in front of him he saw another turret begin to show itself. “How many of these things does this place have?” he yelled to the heavens. Thinking fast and acting even faster, Mister Reaper grabbed the turret he was using as a shield and pulled the barrels to look at the turret that was soon to fire on him and waved his hand in front of the sensor module and made it fire on it’s mechanical compatriot, luckily hitting it in it’s own sensor module and disabling it for the time being.

After the one was down he pushed the turret he was hidden behind to face the turret at the opposite end of the hall and took it down in a similar fashion and then returned to the top of the original turret and placed his hands on the barrels. Pulling with all his might and using the technique the villain had learned long ago he bent the metal guns up into the air, making so if it did shoot it would only harm itself and no one else. Then taking a look back to the three companions he had arrived with he said with a simple grin hidden by his mask, “I’ve already taken three down compared to your one. I’m winning,” and with that said he began to run down the hall looking for even more things to break.

In the back of his mind he knew something was watching him the whole time but he pushed that thought to the back of his mind. “If anything is watching me they’re going to get one hell of a show,” he said with a laugh. The day could only get better.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall TravisTraxlersGrid_zpsfb787d3d
Travis Traxler
Travis Traxler
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall Empty Re: Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall

Post by XxRedxX August 6th 2011, 1:05 pm

Nicole took a few steps towards the man who had just insulted her but Connor firmly grabbed her shoulder stoping her from slugging the man. "Stand down Violet, he is on our side." Connor waited until he felt her body loosen up and she turned to look at him. "Don't be to sure about that." She looked back to where the man had just been but he was already out of the helicopter destroying more turrents as they errected from the surfaces of the room. He then proceeded to make his way out of the hallway to most likely destroy more things. Noah walked to the door of the helicopter, looking out into the hallway and sighing. "Why do i think we just let a psycopath run off?"

"lets not worry about him for now." Connor walked out of the helicopter, SMG held high as he aimed down the barrel carefully inspecting the rest of the room. The helicopter had destroyed the cubicles of the floor and had smashed some bodies. "They were killed while they were working?" Noah was examining one of the bodies that weren't effected by the crash, observing how purculiar it was that they were all killed by gun shot rounds to the head. Violet walked over and took a close look at the head wound. "Seems like a standard round was used...turrents didn't do it or else their would be more damage done to the cubicles. Precision was used."

"We already know the aliens have energy based weaponry based on the reports from the scouts." Connor moved a body to the side gently and started operating the computer. "Everything seems to be in lock down but maybe I can access some information."

"Speaking of which, any idea where we are and what building?" Noah asked, cautiously looking out the hole of where they just crashed out into the city. "According to the files I have saved on Seacove city in my 'Glove' I would say we are in the Wilhelm Scout Exposition Hall." Connor had gotten that look out earlier before the crash, and was able to identify their location and then confirm as his glove spliced into the computer. "Damn." Connor said allowed, unhooking his glove from the computer and closing its flip screen.

"let me guess, can't get any intel from here?" Violet asked, looking over one of the damaged turrents for weakness'. She spotted that they each had their own seperate power source but were linked to each other so they acted together in the security system. "Connor, these things communicate with each other." Connor walked over to Violet and knelt at the machine as he pulled open the eletrical box. "I should be able to splice into the security system and disable the automated system."

"Better make it quick." Noah stated making his way from the hole towards the other two. "I've seen some mortar shots go off and it doesn't look like the other heroes are having as much luck as we are."

"They have some pretty sophisticated anti hacking protocol here. The cubicle computers are ran off a seperate network than the main office computers and are completely cut off. If we want to know what happened her and access security footage we'll need to find the main computers." Suddenly, Connors glove bleeped at them and a green light appeared on his screen. "Guess that means the turrents are down?"

"Only on this floor, seems that as a precaution each level has its' own security protocol so we'll have to disable each levels turrents as we go until we find the main office computers." Connor unhooked his glove and stood up looking down the hallway. "This level is safe but we need to find those main off computers. If what happened to these people has anything to do with the invasion then we can get a good idea of what we are up against."

"Alright, let's get going." Blue added, making his way towards the entrance of the hall. "Any idea what floor has the main office computers?" Violet opened her glove and brought up the building map of the facility. "The access terminals are on the top floor but all the towers are located in the basement area."

"Then we are heading to the basement." Connor took the front and lead them towards the elevator shaft. "I've got your back." Violet pressed the stock of the gun against her shoulder and kept an eye out while Connor and Noah pulled the doors to the elevator open. "Jesus..." Noah said as he took a few steps back. Down the shaft was a fire and wreckage from the elevator crashing down. No doubt there were people on board that elevator when it went down. "Can't get to the basement from here but we can get pretty close, we'll just have to take the stairs the rest of the way."

"Where do you think our speedy little friend had gotten too?" Violet asked, curious as to wheather he was alive still or not.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Travis Traxler August 9th 2011, 1:12 am

It had been a few hours since his awakening on the helicopter and things had not gotten any better since then, not worse either mind you, it was getting boring though. There were more than enough turrets but after taking down the first three the occasion one here and there really was not much of a comparison but he destroyed them left and right anyway. As he ran through the building, guessing that had to be on the first floor by now, he saw the occasional pile of bodies every so often, all of which were in neat little piles. Mister Reaper knew that they had all been rounded up and slaughtered from that fact alone, being no stranger to mass murder. The shots were also nice and lethal with shots straight to the head, leaving very little margin for error with however was doing the killing.

He continued to run down the hall, heading for the door at the end, since that was the direction everyone always ran in television, though the villain did not have much experience watching anything at all. When he reached the door he gave it a great and mighty kick, sending it flying off it’s hinges, and he looked into the room inside of it, seeing the large glass windows just across the room, the door had led to the lobby of the entire building. It was not quite what he had expected but it would work all the same. Walking into and taking a closer look around the room, Mister Reaper saw the small area for the receptionist and made his way to it. Once he got within ten feet he smelled the unmistakable smell of a rotting human and after looking around the corner of the desk he saw the remains of the receptionist but she only smelled to be about a few days old, but it was hard to tell how long a person had been dead just from the smell.

He gave the dead woman a curt push with his foot which was pretty easy with the level of rigor mortis that was occurring in the woman, which made her sort of roll slash slide across the floor. Mister Reaper fought back a smile as he watched her tumble to her final spot on the floor as he sat in her old chair and gave a quick spin. When he came to a stop he saw a bunch of gold letters on the wall telling him what building he was in but he did not take the time to read it since he was going to be leaving soon anyway. He stood and made his way over to the center of the wall of glass, seeing a revolving door right where he expected to see one. He pushed the door but it did not move in the slightest, being powered by electricity or being on lock down keeping it from opening, but it made no difference. Grabbing one of the large potted plants placed around the room to decorate the building and throwing it through the window as hard as he could. The sound if shattering glass filled the room and for a moment everything was good.

Mister Reaper stepped through the hole he had mead in the glass wall and walked a little ways into the dense fog that seemed to surround everything. He looked out as far as he could in every direction but it seemed as though he could not see anything beyond the fence surrounding the building he had just exited. Then he saw the ominous shape of a tall and darkly painted tower and he moved towards it since it was the only thing he could see in the entire area. It was not exactly how the sinister man wanted to do things but it was the only thing he could see and if there was something worth fighting in the immediate area it would most likely be at the tower. With thoughts that might not even be close to right the man made his way to the tower at a fast run and never once looked back.

Crash Landing in the Exposition Hall TravisTraxlersGrid_zpsfb787d3d
Travis Traxler
Travis Traxler
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 154
Registration date : 2011-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX August 20th 2011, 11:33 pm

"Ladies first" Noah said kindly, bobbing his head once towards the elevator and replacing Violets watching the hall. "Fine..." Nicole slung her gun around her back and jumped into the elevator shaft, grasping the steal cable dangling down the shaft freely. She then loosened her grip and slide down the cable, the gloves to her suit preventing her hands from burning to a crisp on the steel cable as he made her way down to the first floor just above the wreckage.

Connor came down the line next, stopping right above Nicole and unsheathed his sword. "Use this and pry the door open." Red dropped the sword down to Violet who proceeded to take it and pry at the elevator door. The doors gave way and slide open, immediatly a turrent raised from the ground detecting the forceful entry and started to charge its' laser. Nicole froze, waiting for her death but just as the cannon was firing a cylinder dropped down from above her onto the ledge of the elevator and projected a blue shield. "Noah Get down here!"

Red dropped down into the shield which was being battered by laser beams, its blue color was now turning a deep orange as the device was being over loaded. With one hand Connor yanked his sword from Violets' hands and with his other he equiped a flash bang which he tossed out towards the eyes of the turrent. The flash bang erupted in an instantaneous flash giving Connor just enough time to move away from the ledge of the door, his sword powered up and ready to strike but the turrent had already recovered. It opened fire out Red who dodged the lasers just barely, performing a mid-twist and throwing his sword into the gear assembly which allowed the turrent to turn and aim.

Violet snapped out of it quickly as soon as the sword was taken from her, taking aim with her SMG and opening fire at the immobilized turrent. Two more turrents activated from Connors movements, one turning to shoot Red and the other Violet. Noah had made his way down the elevator shaft, and with one swift motion from his hand the one targeting Violet was smashed into the wall behind it. Thinking fast, Connor used teh grapple on his glove to destroy the camera on the final turrent and draw himself towards it as it fired randomly forward. Taking a few close shaves which his suit protected him from, he landed on the turrent, quickly linked his computer to the turrent and hacked it.

Within minutes the turrent stopped firing and the entire first floor turrent defence system was shut off. The three heroes let out a sigh of relief as they nodded to each other for a job well done. Connor collected his sword and resheathed it as they made their way towards the front lobby. On their way they spotted wrecked machinery and more dead bodies which seemed to have been gathered up before being killed.

"My God, it was a massacre..." Noahs' helmet disappeared from his head revealed the young blond crime fighter, sweat beading from his brow from their recent scruffle with the buildings defences. "Im surprised they took their time to even gather them up..."

"This computer is no good..." Violet pushed the monitor off the desk and looked at the body of hte receptionist laying on the ground. Grimacing at the sight, she pulled out her wrist top computer and accessed the building schematics. "Looks like we can use those stairs to access the basement..." Violet looked over towards where she was pointing, the door was solid steal and obviously locked to keep intruders from entering.

Nicole and Connor walked up to the door, Red plugging his computer into the access terminal. Connor made a sound of disgust. "What a mess...this might take a while to hack." Nicole whistled at Connor to gain his attention, and when he looked over she was holding a can of their explosive gel. "With all the noise we've made so far, they probably already know we are here. So lets be quick and get the hell out of here."

"Right, Noah you stay up here and keep an eye out for any hostiles." Connor ordered as Violet started spraying on the explosive gel. "What if i see are speedy little death looking friend?"

"Like i said, keep an eye out for hostiles." The three stood clear of the door as Violet set off the charge which blew the concrete support around the door to pieces. "Noah, if you'd..." A sudden push came from Noah which finished the job sending the door flying into the stair way. "Don't be to long, you know how i hate waiting."

Connor and Nicole made their way down the stairs into the basement where all the computer towers were being stored. "Think they got turrents down here?" Nicole asked before placing her hand on the doorknob. "No, the information in this room is far to critical to risk an automated defence system. Their protection will be in the software not outside the hardware."

Nicole tapped her Equip and in her hand was a bubble shield device, "Just incase your wrong."
Connor nodded and held his hand out in a fist, then counted with his fingers to three and they opened the door. The room was cold and as predicted full of computer tower the spanned far. No turrents activated but Connor spotted a security control panel. "Don't move..." Connor pulled the cover and plugged into the system. "Let me guess, motion sensors that if you don't have the right code locks the computer out?"

The wristtop computer beeped and Connor nodded at Violet ensuring that it was ok to enter the room. "Thought so, you know their security is good but it seems to be obscure at times."
Nicole took the lead, her SMG held up and ready incase of an encounter.

"I'm sure at one point it was backed with a very talented private security team." Connor pointed over towards a computer terminal and walked over to it. "see what you can find while I work on getting this information" Connor plugged his wristtop computer into the system and started hacking into the harddrive.
"Right, I'll get out of your way..." Violet began searching around the room to see if she could find anything else. "Hey, whats the verdict? I'm getting kind of lonely up her by my lonesome." Blue asked over their private communicator. "The doctors slicing into the system now, just relax a bit and keep an eye out for hostiles, or is that to hard for you?"

"Hey, I'm not the one who froze up a couple of moments ago." Noah replied in scorn, angered by her insult to what he was or wasn't capable of. "I was perfectly fine, everything was..."

"Could you two stop fighting over the comm link, im trying to concentrate here. Radio silence unless it is important." Connor called out to his comrades, who immediatly silenced their arguement. It would take Connor some time to successfully hack into the computer system and then copy the encrypter files to later be deciphered.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Helcraft August 28th 2011, 3:14 pm

(OOC: So sorry for this late post comp was down. and i was given a group after you started.)

He rembered climbing onto the copter earlier than the rest of his team and telling the pilot to wake him when they landed. He moved int the back crowded part of the copter and had shalala save her data and shut down, he didn't want to take any chances with her programs being deleted. He pulled out some heavy duty noise blocking headphones and laid back to take a nap.

He knew he woke up just before the crash but his dumbass didn't have anything to hold onto. As the copter crashed into the side of the building he hit his head on a pipe cracking his mask and knocking him out cold. He awoke several minutes later pulling off the headphones and throwing them to the ground. he could hear what sounded like turret fire coming from below. Cursing himself silently he pulled the key out of his mask and inserted it between shalala's shoulder blades. She would have normally booted right up but now the start up was slow. "Damn thats some field it damaged her a bit even while she was shut down." Warren said grabbing all their gear and throwing her over his shoulder.

He followed the sound of turret fire and the carnage of broken turrets to an elevator shaft that had been forced open he could see light coming from below. He could jump but he would mostlikely hurt himself. He heard the fire cease and then a voice he rembered from a really fun trip to area 51 with. So Red was one of his teammates that was a pleasant surprise. a few seconds later Shalala finally came back online," Good morning sweet Heart. He said to her. "master what is the situation? she asked. "We need to get down the shaft. He told her. She obliged floating him and herself down to the opening where he spotted a man in a suit much like reds but it was blue. Don't shoot! we're on your side. He told the man as they landed gently on the floor and crossed over to him with their hands up.

Schnieder Van Helcraft/ The King

I don't know what you're looking so arrogant about, you're just another pawn for me to move as I please.
Van Helcraft
Van Helcraft
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 178
Job : King of Whales
Humor : ummm.... I laugh at a lot of things
Registration date : 2011-03-24

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX August 30th 2011, 7:33 am

(OOC:Sorry for my own lateness, been busy but im good for now! I'm going a head and saying we thought you were dead =P))

Noah heard a sound coming from the elevator shaft, and propt his SMG to his shoulder preparing for the worse, an alien. However, what came down was a floating being which was the fifth party member to their group who they believed died in the crash. His hand were held up as he approached Noah who lowered his gun. "Good to see you made it out of that crash alive." Noah patted the man on the shoulder and nodded. "the other guy ran off on us, which i think was for the best. My team and I are hacking into the buildings computer mainframe to extract some information."

"Red, our other team member is alive." Noah turned from Warren and started patroling the area again. "That's good news, you two stay up there and keep an eye out. Me and V are about done down here." Connor tapped away at his keyboard, eyes darting all over the screen as he combated the computers defences in order to access different sets of information. It was a challenge for sure, but manageable for the hero.

Meanwhile, Nicole searched around the large basement finding that every computer tower looked exactly like the other until finally she came across a door labeled Primary Vault. "Connor, i think i found the eletrical vault for the building, when we are done i'd advice shutting the power down so if any more friendlies decide to take a tour of the building the defence systems don't kill them."

"Sounds good to me, almost done....there." Red unslouched from the computer and unhooked his wristtop computer. "What'd you find?" Violet approached Connor from behind and looked over his shoulder to the information he was looking over. "Looks like the security system went off three days ago, exactly at 12 am..."

"Sure as hell didn't help the people here." Nicole stated bluntly, turning away from Connor and sighing. "So i take it we figured nothing out?"

"No neccesarily...look at this." Connor tapped a button on the wristtop and it projected a holographic screen onto the wall like a projector. "What is it?"

"Their radiation readings taken over the last twelve years, starting from April 8th 2015 till four days ago. They show a steady increase up until what ever happened to the city happened. Then there was a big jump." Connor shuffled through more data, and Violet scanned over it carefully. "Thats not all, Water ph levels, Temps, and even power consumption."

"All focused around some sort of shack located in the swamp." Connor turned off the projector and started walking towards were Violet found the electrical vault. "It can't be coincidence, this information was a pain to obtain and then decrypt. So who ever is keeping an eye on that area was trying to keep it a secret."

Blue, who was listening in on the conversation and relaying the information to Warren chimmed in. "Isn't it also strange that we launch this large scale assault into the city and these aliens didn't even so much as bother to make sure we were dead? We've made a lot of noise even, and aside from the green mortar shots we haven't seen or detected any sort of life anywhere near by." Blue looked at Warren, who had only been awake for a short period of time but he was sure the man was catching up on what has happened.

"My thoughts exactly. Something isn't adding up and I think we owe it to the people of this city to investigate that building." Connor entered the building and found the main breaker to the building. "Lights out." He announced before tripping the switch and deactivateing the buildings power. Then he and Violet made their way back up the stairs to meet with Noah and Warren.

"The swamp is on the outskirts of the city, we have a long ways to go." Connor noted looking to his party to see if they had any ideas' for a way to travel quickly. "How about we drive in style?" Noah walked over to one of the displays which was an electric car. The door was locked, and Noah went to bust the window before Violet stopped him. "Easy B, don't forget you have the ultimate car jacker on your side." Nicole placed her hand on the door and focused on the machine. Shortly afterwards the doors unlocked and the engine turned on. It was silent, which would prove to be good when it came to moving about unnoticed. "See, just needed a womans touch." Nicole smirked behind her visor as she stepped away so Blue could get into the drivers seat.

Connor looked to Warren, "The radiation in the area may be harmful. Our suits were deisigned for space and thus also protect us from this sort of radiation but we do not have a spare suit. Think you will be alright?"

((OOC: From here we will be moderated by Rinne and probably start a fresh topic in the Swamps. So we'll finish this thread up either in your post or my following then pick up in the next thread.))

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Helcraft August 30th 2011, 8:29 pm

Warren listenedd to him talk, he wondered had they even knew he was back there, they could have checked his pulse if they had. Or maybe they Checked shalala by accident, well he was alive that was really all that mattered. He payed careful attention as he was caught up on what happened and what was going on downstairs. He was worried about the power switch being rigged but he doubted red would fall for anything like that. He switched his masks vision to night when the power was cut. there was still plenty of light flooding in from the windows but he knew building like this generally had metal blinds, which fortunately weren't tripped. He turned his night vision off again as Red and his other teammate came out. He knew they were heading out to the swamps next but he was wanting to stop by a mechanics lab if possible, he had electronics all shutdown yet the seemed to have been damaged by passing through the field. he watched interested as the Violet armored girl activated the electric car with a thought. Then the question came up if he would be alright in the radiation outside. " Ha, my body thrives in radiation, Since it cuases cancer and other mutations, which special enzymes in my body eat. But as For the swamp i would like to find a lab first my gear is lagging severly after passing through the field and needs repairs as well if were lucky the lag might be caused by residue from the field that we might be able to analyze and find a way to break through the towns isolated area. But with the swamp being the center of the radiation and alike it would be highly likely theres a lab under it responsiple for this." He caught himself monologuing and fell quiet, waiting for the others response, they were definetly heading for the swamp but he wondered if a detour was possible, after all there were other heroes and numbers was strength, meeting up with them wasn't a bad idea, but he wasn't used to leading a team shalala acted as backup and rarely needed him to tell her what was nesscary, " It might not also be a bad idea to look for other heroes along the way. He added finishing his speech.

I don't know what you're looking so arrogant about, you're just another pawn for me to move as I please.
Van Helcraft
Van Helcraft
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX August 31st 2011, 8:47 am

"I think we should head right over while we have the element of surprise. If there is something at that shack than most likely it knows the Exposition Hall has been compromised." Connor got in the drivers seat and located the different functions to the vehicle so he was familiar with its workings. "This building must have a work shop Warren can us to repair his equipment." Nicole opened her wrist top computer and pulled up the buildings blue prints. "Figures, three floors above where we crash landed."

"You'll have to reactivate the buildings power...the turrents we deactivated will reset and be on alert as well." Connor crossed his arms, thinking of the best course of action to take. He wanted Warren at his top for the mission but Noah was right that time could be limited. "We'll split up into two teams of two. Noah and I will take the car to the shack. You two get to that lab, repair Warrens equipment and find a way to meet us at the shack." Connor looked out the doors of the Exposition Hall and as the group grew quiet he listened. "Its to quiet...I can't believe that everyone in the city is dead. If this was an invasion than were are the patrols? Where is the occupying force? We've obviously broken their line of defence by crossing the field but they hardly treat us like a true threat. Maybe we don't stand much of a chance but i'd be damned if some of the other heroes weren't."

Red looked to Warren to see if he approved of this plan. There is strength in numbers, but if they took to long to investigate the shack it could be to late by the time they arrive. "Well, are we all agreed on this plan or am i just going to sit behind this wheel like an idiot all day?" Noah chimmed in, attempting to get things to move along.

((OOC: If you are good with the split up, ill start another topic in the swamp and start investigating the area while Violet and Warren will do their work in the lab then find a way to get to the shack to meet with Blue and Red. PM me if you want to do that or something else.))

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Helcraft September 2nd 2011, 10:40 pm

Warren heard what they were saying and had no choice but to nod his agreement, " I'll repair Shalala first and send her ahead with you, she should be able to catch up with you before you reach the swamp." He said, and he felt a little pain knowing that she was going to be away from him for an extended period for the first time since her creation. Her repairs would be easy but the miniscule scale of his other weapons required a longer examination especially his gloves and wires. His knives and guns were modified but still low enough tech, that they hadn't been compromised. " Well see you two later." Warren Said descending down the stairs REd and Violet had ascended moments ago turning on his masks night vision again cursing at the lag. He found the switch and flipped it, and then it struck him how did their equipment not end up the same was now bugging him, then he rembered Red telling him on their first meeting that it was powered by a rare material, he began wonderin g if the field was powered by the same. HE re ascended the stairs and asked Violet, " Is it possible since your gear was unaffected that the feild might have a similar power source?" He paused to listen to her answer before walking to the elevator shaft, If he could get ahold of the power box on the in between floors he could short out the sceurity between them and the lab, meaning they could get to it faster and back to Red and Blue faster, He stepped in firing his knife into the second door in the air, one below where they dropped down from. he had left it so that Shalala could fly Violet up to the doors if the need arised. Then he remebered the map he had seen Violet displayed and cursed silenly the elevator didn't go to those floors for security reasons so the would have to fight through the turrets. He hated the lag all his weapons were experiencing, He felt like his arm would be jerked off when the wire finally started reeling in. He pulled the wire from the shut door and jumped to the other side and then again through the pried open doorway on the floor where they had crashed.

Van Helcraft
Van Helcraft
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX September 2nd 2011, 11:13 pm

"Alright, Shalala is with us after she is repaired. You two get his gear up and operational then rondevou with us at the shack." Connor got into the passenger side of the car and closed the door. Blue roled down his window and pointed at the two. "Behave yourselves kids, no horseplay while were out." Noah then speed off towards the glass wall blocking their way off into the street but before the car made impact Noah, who had his hand hanging out the window, used his powers to smash the glass just before they hit in case it was reinforced. Red and Blue had exited the building.

Violet stayed and guarded the lobby as Warren reactivated the power to the building. When he got back upstairs they made their way up the elevator shaft via their grapple hooks. "Hey becareful!" She called after Warren, her zipline pulling her up fast enough to get up in time as a turrent erupted from the floor infront of them. Holding out her hand she extended her mind towards the turrent and was mentally convincing it there was nothing in front of it, however, she wouldn't be able to fool it long. "Quick..." She said behind gritted teeth, "destroy the damn thing or something." She would worry about using her wristtop to disable the floors security as soon as he disabled the immediate threat, permanatly.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Helcraft September 3rd 2011, 12:07 am

Damn, he thought as he tripped a turret, but was saved a bullet lashing by Violet. He quickly whipped out his pistols and unloaded all twelve shots on the turret, rendering it a scrap pile. Okay he would admit he had made a horrible mistake, he had no idea if his coat would absorb the impact of the strange turrets rounds. " Thank you." He said to Violet meekly switching his mask to thermal mode, waiting for the lag to pass he wondered if the turrets gave off the same heat signature as the field. Sure enough he spotted the jet black heat signature as the field on the scrapmetal turret. He lowered himself to touch it and found that it was warm to the touch not cold. " Odd," He muttered then said louder, "The heat signature says these should be ice cold, but their warm to the touch." He told Violet more wondering to himself, than talking to her.
He stood up scanning the walls there, he spotted the electrcal box. It had obviously been spliced earlier He noted the electrical wires patterns and quickly discerned which were connected to the turret system. He thought about simply overloading the whole floor but his last idea had turned into a fiasco. He looked up at Violet, "You and Red have a lot of the same gear right, perhaps you could do this more subtly than i could." He said smiling at her then rembering he had his mask on. They would be stuck together for quite awhile so building some trust was necsicary between them so he remved his mask showing his face to her. It was a simple gesture and he would put it back on before they reached the next floor. He held the electrical box up to her.

Van Helcraft
Van Helcraft
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX September 3rd 2011, 12:28 am

"You have to be more careful, I don't want to have to drag your corpse out of here." Violets' helmet disappeared from her head, allowing her to wipe some sweat off her brow. The helmets inner cooling system was effective but you still couldn't help but sweat some times in certain situations. Nicole kneeled down a next to the pile of scrap Warren had just created and searched through a mess of wires that once was the junction box. "Here we are..." She plugged a cable into her wristtop computer and started accessing that floors security protocol. "Let see, Red did this and then..." Following the same procedure that Connor had done early to disable the floors security, Nicole managed to hack into the system and disable the floors turrents.

Unhooking her wristtop computer and standing up she got a good look at Warrens' face who was smiling at her. "Red deisigned most of this equipment and issues it to those he deems worthy to be by his side, or take his place should something happen to him." Violet unshouldered her SMG and readied herself as she started walking down the halls. "Our equips were the only piece of equipment we had on us when we passed through the field. So naturally all of our gear would have been uneffected by the fields effects. The equip itself has state of the art CRDI shielding technology to prevent it from behind damaged and as for its power source..."
Violet spotted the stairs which we lead them to the next three floors where the labs would be located. "It was designed by one of our other partners and Red after they met. It's energy is infinite but to contain that energy they needed a rare material to contain it in. That's all im going to say on that."

Violets' helmet, in a flash of white light, appeared on her head again as she opened the door to the stairway. "I'll take point this time. Figure it might be safer that way." She said teasingly, making fun of Warren for his previous mistake.

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Van Helcraft September 3rd 2011, 12:52 am

Warren liked this girl she was sassy and liked to prove her own superiority, and she had the skills to do it. He put his mask back on and followed suit behind her, scanning the walls for turrets. The stair well went up two floors and then another private elevator would have to be taken to get to the lab, Warren sighed thinking about the mess he had gotten himself into but it was fun he hadn't been this alert in his life, as he rembered what Red said earlier, it erked him beyond beleive to think that something out there didn't see them as a threat, That was a fatal mistake. he spotted a cold spot on the stairwell wall and moved to the side changing the cartridges in his pistols and shooting four shots into the wall. He had no idea if he hit any important parts disabling it, so they had to move crefully around it. They Came to the stair wells exit with Violet still leading,Warren couldn't see any immediate dangers behind the door, hopefully they figured security wouldn't be needed here.

Van Helcraft
Van Helcraft
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by XxRedxX September 7th 2011, 11:54 am

Warren quick popped a few shots into the wall, a turrent had been placed there incase of a breach in the stairway much like he and Nicole had performed. Switching to her thermal vision, Nicole searched for any more cold spots on the next floor and found that there weren't any in the immediate area. She opened the door cautiously and poked her gun out of the doorway first. She then moved out of the stair way and into the hall where more bodies of the deceased laid around their work stations. Nicole struggled to keep her rage under control as she grew more and more pissed at the amount of bodies they have been finding. "Keep your eyes peeled." She stated calmly, switching off her thermal vision and scanning the room. She spotted a camera, and could have sworn she saw it move which made her feel like she was being watched.

"Come on." Violet turned on her thermal vision again and tapped the equip for a flash bang. She headed directly towards a cold spot, and darted off in a fast sprint towards it. As she grew within the turrent range she tossed the flash bang so that it would land just in front of the turrent site. Just as it stopped the turrent rose from the ground but the flash bang went off preventing it from tracking Violet motions. She ran up and along the wall to avoid the spray of bullets while tapping the equip again for a throwing disc which she tossed into the gears which allowed the turrent to turn.

Landing next to the turrent, she quickly linked her wristtop computer into its computer and started hacking. The mechanized gears smashed the throwing disc and the turrent wiped around knocking Nicole into the wall. It opened fire on her but she was just below the turrents range of motion. Dry wall and concrete rained onto Violet as she tapped her equip again, this time a spray can appeared in her hand which she shot a foam onto the turrent. She tossed a pin into the foam and then leapt to the side as she set off the explosive compound blowing the turrent to pieces.

The spray can disappeared just before Violet dusted herself off, she then walked over to where she dropped her smg and picked it up. "That could have gone better..." She then noticed that she was at the private elevator. She moved to walk over by cringed in pain and fell to one knee as she realized several pieces of shratnal had pierced her. "Way better..." She said behind gritted teeth as she picked out some of the larger pieces from her skin. Violet stood up, taking a deep breath as she finished walking over to the elevator. They required a keycard to open the door and she didn't feel like getting into another fight with a turrent searching the bodies for one.

Violet placed her hand over the card pad and focused carefully on the device until finally the steady blue light turned green and the elevator door opened. "Alright, piece of cake. Mr. Peace, shall we continue?"

XxRedxX
XxRedxX
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top