The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_vote_lcapThe takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_voting_barThe takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  Empty The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall

Post by Forceaus January 20th 2015, 12:37 am

The Ultra Gang would reconvene in an empty office building after their respective missions were finished. So far everything was going as they planned. The power plant had been shut down, power was out throughout most of the city, the police had been subdued and the city was on the verge of a state of absolute panic. Yeah, things were going well for them. The only downside was the instant interference that came from all those heroes. Seriously, they got here really quickly, and were still around to try and defeat the villains. As to be expected though. That wasn't going to stop the Ultra Gang in their efforts to take this city for themselves. Before they moved on to phase 2 of the takeover, they were having a quick meeting to discuss what needed to be done. Having the meeting in an office building was just fitting.

"Good work everybody. Even with superheroes showing up so soon into our attack, we still successfully completed phase one. Now we've got this city on the ropes. It's time to press our advantage and take this city. We're switching up the teams to keep them from figuring us out. This time it'll be Red Tide and his companions, along with Tsxero. You'll be further sowing the seeds of fear among the people of this city. People running around in terror only benefits us after all. It will keep those heroes distracted. I recommend attacking a hospital, but ultimately do whatever you can. The rest of us are going to city hall to force the government to surrender. Lastly, if you see any of those heroes that tried to stop us, kill them on sight." Deathbringer concluded his speech to his teammates. Now it was time to begin phase 2.

People fled in terror at the sight of the collection of supervillains marching down the street. City hall was in sight. Some riot squad officers had assembled outside the building to keep the political figures inside safe from both rioting civilians, and those responsible for the condition this city was currently in. There were not nearly enough to stop them from getting in, and that would be proven in no time at all.

"Leave this to me. You all deserve a quick break after everything you've done today." Deathbringer said to the others as he pulled out a sword handle. A blade formed from it as the officers noticed their approach. They pointed their weapons at them and ordered them to halt and surrender. With one quick swing of the sword, they all went down. Now nobody stood in the way of their advancement upon city hall.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  Empty Re: The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall

Post by Danny The Sphinx January 21st 2015, 12:54 am

Danny lit a trashcan on fire. That is so fucking Beyonce.

City Hall looked like a good enough place to find people Danny people no normal person would want to find. The pink fight suit turned to a fierce red. Even with her hand covered, lighting the trashcan on fire closer to the hall might have hurt a little less. Once all the power went out the lack of locked doors surprised Danny, but Danny stepped into the hall to hear a loud ruckus coming from a standoff between another one of this little gang and the last defenders of the city hall. A quick slash of his sword and the line quickly fell.

The fight with Alpha left Danny bitter with her inability to thwart the outage of power draping the city in darkness, but Danny found a way to bring a little light to a dark place. With Deathbringer distracted with a 'little of the ole ultra violence', Danny tossed the trashcan over his head to heap burning coals upon his head and keep him blind to the situation. "No one gets to enjoy a trip to city hall." Once she could get a good foot on the can, Danny would send a push to try and throw Deathbringer into the wall, disoriented. "You guys should get back. This could get ugly."

Cut up, disarmed, and unaware of the danger lurking, the police got to their feet and scrambled deeper into City Hall. "She lit a trashcan on fire and threw it on a guy."

"Give em Hell."

A small dog unbeknownst to the rest of the population sat in the corner. "That's so fucking Beyonce." His cable was out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  Giphy

Danny's Partners (Tsukimi, Tori, and Abby)

The Dress Shoppe Danny Stole From Bliss
Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 849
Registration date : 2014-09-28

Back to top Go down

The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  Empty Re: The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall

Post by Alpha January 21st 2015, 2:36 am

The destruction of the power plant had been an easy endeavor, even if Alpha was feeling somewhat weakened from the confrontation that had happened between him and the strange female. ”Dayum, we sure made a mess of this place.” Zeta said almost pleased with the work the gang had done, arms crossed over his chest and puffing lightly on a cigarette. Before them stood a swat team, trying to bar the way between them and the city hall, yet they would stand no chance. Omega would have suggested turning them into his personal puppets, yet the boss seemed content to try and kill them. Epsilon and Zeta would turn from the death, not too happy with the death they were causing, but aware it was something that needed to happen so Alpha could get what he wanted. In their minds, even the enigmatic leader did not like this, but that was neither right, or wrong.

However, it seemed that this would be not so easy, as the blades did hit them, but none of the attacks were fatal, just enough to injure them. Followed by that, someone threw something at their leader, a burning trashcan that was aimed to blind and disorient them. ”Well well, looks like we have ourselves a hero.” Alpha muttered, though thhe fact that the police were running did not mean they were safe, Omega would make sure of that. All he had to do was turn towards the source of the trashcan to see who had thrown it, a smirk forming behind his mask upon seeing the girl who he had allowed to live before. ”If I were the type to believe in coincidences, I would say this is one of them.” With a casual dismissive gesture, he would motion for Zeta, Epsilon and Omega to move on ahead, while he would deal with Danny.

Last edited by Alpha Corgi Fist of Death on January 25th 2015, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

The takeover of Springfield part 2: Siege on city hall  CjhXQha
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Entei January 22nd 2015, 3:51 am

"Lousy fuckin' looters." Entei yelled as he stepped over the unconscious body of yet another of this city's rather shifty residents. Shaking his head, he sniffed the air, smelling for any scents from the earlier power plant disaster. He gritted his teeth as he walked, rage filling over him once again. The power going out hadn't really affected him much, his fire burning bright in the darkness of the city, like a torch of hope for the city's denizens. He had been following one scent throughout the city for the majority of the night, the one of the hot head pyro from earlier. He was the one Entei feared would cause the most destruction, not necessarily because of his power level, but because Entei knew exactly the type of damage someone with a temper could do with a bit of fire at their beck and call.

He began to head towards city hall, fire burning brightly as he did so, lightning the darkness.

Entei
Quick Draw
Entei
Entei
Post Adept
Post Adept

Quote : Entei
Quick Draw

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 394
Registration date : 2014-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus January 24th 2015, 10:44 pm

Aah, city hall, the site of their eventually victory. With the power plant destroyed and the city undergoing a blackout as well as the police almost completely out of commission and the residents of Springfield in a state on panic, forcing the mayor to surrender it to them would be an easy task to accomplish. The Ultra Gang could easily do that right now, if it weren't for the fact that people were here to get in their way.

With one mighty swing of his sword the guards stationed outside the building were taken down and Deathbringer would proceed forward, only to be hit by a bunch of hot coals that had been dropped out of a trashcan. Jacob didn't know if that was better or worse that actual trash. What was definitely worse than either of those things was what he got hit by next. As Jacob was trying to protect himself from the coals that were raining down on him and cursing under his breath as it happened, somebody would strike him in the torso and knock him to the ground. Deathbringer would quickly get back to his feet and looked at the person that had just done all that. He saw a young woman standing there boldly ready to face them and started to laugh. "Well now. Aren't you brave? You know I'm actually impressed by what you did there, but I'm still going to kill you." he said as he brought his sword up and prepared to attack.

"Tell me, Alpha." He said to one of his allies. Jacob had a suspicion that this girl might be one of the heroes that Alpha and Lucius ran in to at the power plant. He was seeking confirmation on his thoughts. "Is this one of those heroes you had to deal with at the power plant? If it is, you can go ahead and have your chance to deal with her properly this time if you want." He paused as if he was about to allow him to step forward, but that wasn't quite the case. "Assuming she survives that is." he roared as swung the sword again. Another blast designed to extend its reach shot out. If Danny managed to dodge it, it would just go on to and through the front door.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx January 25th 2015, 2:46 am

Every time someone gave Danny respect, they immediately wanted to kill her. It's a wonder Meryl Streep can even go outside anymore. Picking a fight with just one supervillian came with a set of dangers, but the addition of a familiar foe upped the ante to a completely new level. Before any pleasantries could be exchanged between two known enemies, a shockwave ripped through the floor. Not quick enough on her feet, Danny took one step back to avoid the entire shot, but still found herself plunged into the wall. Not quite the way she would like to start a fight with a superior foe, but it would take place that way.

Deathbringer stepped back. As, did Alpha's minions. Only Danny and Travis remained to do battle, so it would be time to show what she could do. The one good thing about the initial attack- Danny got a surge of adrenaline in her. Working with some life, Danny went quick to a new strategy away from her up close and personal style. Instead she would try to use Alpha against the rest of the ultra gang. Staying close to the walls, Danny tried to listen to the footsteps of any of Alpha's men or Deathbringer's loud bellowing. It was a good thing villains lacked subtlety. Hopefully, even as the others went to the second floor, some stray blasts from Alpha could knock out support beams to cause the floor beneath Deathbringer or Zeta to collapse and usher them unceremoniously to the ground.

While Danny tried to pull Alpha's attacks towards the closest points of impact with the Ultra Gang, she would look for any tools to help her fight on.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha January 26th 2015, 12:02 am

”She is one of those heroes, but I doubt she will be around for too long.”Alpha noted with a smirk, as Deathbringer would release a attack from his strange weapon. While the attack did not seem to do any major damage to her due to a dodge, she seemed to have been thrown by the sheer force, which likely meant she would be slowed down somewhat. Instead of moving away from the wall she pressed against, she would stay close, wall hugging likely some ploy to make him mess up in some way. ”What are you trying to do?” He would question almost amused, arms kept crossed over his chest and eyes following behind the female. From what he could tell about the woman's movements, she was trying to have him destroy the building with bursts of telekinetic energy. Against anyone with a lack of awareness, this would have worked, but he was not that person.

Ripping a few pieces of the street up with a thought, he would unleash them like bullets at Danny.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Back to top Go down

Post by Seth En-Saeur February 2nd 2015, 5:25 pm

Seth hadn’t planned to be here, in Springfield Illinois, but he supposed that the last minute business trip to the homeless centers here was God’s way of sending him where he needed to be and he was grateful. No one really knew what had been going on since the power went out, but some were saying a super villain gang was trying to take over the city. Seth didn’t believe them for a moment because that sounded like the ravings of traumatized people. He simply held them, tended their wounds and tried his best to get them to the safe harbor of a local church which hadn’t been touched by the riots he suspected were behind this. On his way passing by City Hall he saw unbelievably police being blown aside by a man with a sword, and only one girl opposing his assault on the City Hall. He assumed these were the super villains people were talking about, and his suspicions were confirmed, seeing another man pick up pieces of the street without even touching them.

Seth gritted his teeth, and felt nervousness fill his stomach. He had never been in a fight before, much less used his powers in a fight but this was why he became a super hero in the first place….to stop bad men and to protect the innocent. He looked around the city hall seeing the strewn about police, and the pained as well as scared populace. He clenched his fists and slowly took off his leather gloves, his cloak billowing in the wind behind him, revealing the etched sigils he had carved into his own flesh. He summoned his staff and slowly walked towards the scene approaching the enemies from behind, dragging his staff loudly along the ground, sparks shooting up from where it was traveling along the ground. His righteous anger, washing away all senses of doubt and the nervousness in his stomach.

“The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. “

He stood about twenty feet away from the villains and cast out both of his hands, his staff standing on its own as his sickly green energy flowed from inside him through the unicursal hexagram carved into his palms and on the backs of his hands.

“And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger and you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee! And There Shall Be A Cry Throughout All The Land of Egypt!” he roared with righteous fury as the green light on his palms flared suddenly and then extinguished.

A moment of tense silence followed, nothing happened. Then a slight static charge pricked through the air, followed by a small light in the sky, like a star becoming visible during the day. Then the star exploded downward, and a column of white fire and light shot down in the blink of an eye striking where the villains had been standing and it threw up massive amounts of gravel and smoke as well as charred debris. Seth had to shield his eyes with the long sleeve of his cloak and didn’t get to see if the villains were hit but he sincerely hoped they did. These men would pay for their wickedness and he Crusader would be the one to ensure it.
Seth En-Saeur
Seth En-Saeur

Quote : "That is not dead, which can eternal lie, and with strange aeons even death may die."

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus February 2nd 2015, 11:24 pm

Deathbringer stood back and allowed Alpha to finish his fight with the young woman that was standing in the way of the Ultra Gang and city hall. Alpha clearly wanted to settle the score with her and he had no problem letting this happen. Jacob preferred to keep his team happy. Getting to finish off his newfound enemy plus their conquest of this city should work for Alpha. Speaking of his team, Jacob wondered how the others were doing. They had been given an easy job to perform, so they shouldn't be having too much trouble. Unless they were getting outnumbered or something. Aagh, no time to worry about that now. They had a city to takeover.

Striding forward, he entered into the building to head for the mayor's office, Deathbringer's advancement would be halted by the very fight he was allowing to happen so he could proceed uninterrupted. This woman was cleverly forcing her fight with Alpha to occur right in the way of where Jacob wanted to go. She was proving to be more of a nuisance than he would have been willing to accept. The police officers were also preparing to open fire on them. Deathbringer turned to the rest of the gang and quickly gave them an order. "Get rid of them." he said and an onslaught began immediately. Even though the officers were armed and donning riot gear, they were simply no match for the powers that the Ultra Gang possessed. Deathbringer watched with delight as the were being removed from the equation and his path forward was being cleared.

"Mayor, I believe you and I need to have a little meeting to discuss something of great importance." He shouted aloud, not really caring if the mayor actually heard him or not. He took a step forward towards the office, when a noise from behind grabbed his attention. The obvious sound of someone approaching. Could it be a member of his gang here to join them at city hall? That would have been what he preferred. It wasn't though. Deathbringer turned around to face this new arrival as they started to deliver what he supposed they thought amounted to a heroic speech. Oh these hero types and their speeches, and so many of them were just so boring and repetitive. It was some guy holding a staff. He wasn't impressed, at all.

"Nice little display of showmanship there." he said to this newcomer as he pointed his sword at him. "I guess you can die in a blaze of glory." he told this person as he shifted his blade to his side and prepared to swing it. The new guy would act first though. A bright light appeared above him and suddenly, a mass of energy came down upon him. He felt something swirl around him as the light hit everything around him, but did not make contact with him directly. Deathbringer turned around and smiled as he saw that Killer Mime had protected him. "Thank you." he gestured in sign language to his mute ally before turning to face this newfound enemy of his again and with a swing of his sword, a sharp blast that cut through the air itself was heading right towards the guy.

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny The Sphinx February 3rd 2015, 11:20 pm

One. Two. Three bullets flew by Danny, shattering the bearings in the wall, kicking up plaster from the cheap drywall separating the lobby and a newly put together office. More came after. Her speed did most of the work, but quick feet stopping on a dime kept the projectiles from tearing through her more often than naught. When bullets kept barraging her from different angles, Danny started to try and find some degree of pattern to it. Something important to the way each bullet sought to change her direction. Maybe one day Danny could figure things like this out. If she didn't die.

Just one more fight against her new nemesis. Old face. New place. New bruises overlapping the old ones. Looked good enough. Felt bad all over.

Diving through a narrow opening deeper into the bottom floor, Danny found a break room fully stocked with a soda machine and a vending machine full of bagged food. More pellets continued to pelt through the wall, ricocheting off of cabinets full of plastic cups and coffee beans. With Alpha keeping back at a distance from Danny, she decided to put a table in between her and the barrage. It only took one pellet to shatter a hole in the table and her plan.

Back to the vents? Maybe, maybe not. Hit the back door? Too risky. Set up a distraction by unleashing the content of the soda machine to explode and fizz up? Yeah, might as well. So Danny sent a swift kick to knock the locking mechanism and put another swift blow at the bottom of the machine to knock it off balance and send the contents to the ground. Once the machine fell, Danny would hop to the side of the machine to shelter her from any more attacks, before waiting for Alpha to either come in after her or give her a moment of reprieve to formulate a way to fight against him.

Danny The Sphinx
Danny The Sphinx
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha February 5th 2015, 1:38 am

Alpha vs Danny
--
Danny had proven before that she was not a simple foe to defeat, and so Alpha would not hold back on her, if only to avoid taking as much damage as he had last time they encountered one another. Zeta, Epsilon and Omega would be able to do their jobs, not as if they needed Alpha hand holding them every step of the way. One  after another the powerful projectiles would fly through the air, each of them missing Danny narrowly, enough perhaps that she escaped certain defeat. They were however not attempts to damage her, just a gauge of her true prowess now that they were standing in a more open area compared to the power plant earlier, arms still crossed over his chest as if everything was in control. He would have continued to fight, but a light falling from the sky caught those cold grey eyes, darting up to see what was creating the illumination.

”They should be able to deal with this well enough.” He had to remind himself, this woman was his foe, and he would deal with her now, rather than wasting time. She would dive through an opening into the building, and so Alpha would follow her, not blindly this time but with caution. She was crafty, that meant he could not do anything as careless as their prior meeting. Occasionally, he would unleash a bit of the surrounding area, a small piece of the wall or even flooring to keep her from getting close to him, doing so as small bullet like projectiles. The sound of something falling down could be heard, a large object and likely spilling something from it. The lack of electricity made it someone difficult to make things out, so Alpha release a small pulse of telekinetic pressure, enough to try and map out the the room. Small cylindrical shapes dotted the floor, likely filled with something, and if his guess was good, it was likely a fluid.

Lifting a few of them from the floor, he would hurl them telekinetically in the general direction of Danny.

Zeta, Omega and Epsilon

Zeta was the one to protect his fellow siblings against the destructive light, one that had torn the building apart, or had done sufficient damage, the dome of fire he had formed fading away, though the burns along his right arm and spanning up to his shoulder were obvious. The jacket and shirt were seared away, revealing angry looking red skin, covered with likely second degree burns. ”Okay, that fucking hurt.” Despite the calm demeanor, one could tell that he was steaming, lips clenched tight and a fire within his eyes that was all raw anger. While the other two had been spared the damage, he had not managed to fully defend himself against the powerful spell, his body had paid for it. Yet before he could do anything to the hero, Deathbringer seemed to have called killing them.

”The hero isn't our concern, we have a mayor to....speak with.” Omega likely already knew where he was, but he seemed to be all about giving as little info about his capabilities as possible. ”Besides, you had your fill of carnage with those forces, now I do my job.” Omega said this, burying his hands into his pockets and letting his superiority scan the area, before sighting the target. It was there the three would be going.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top