The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

A Star Walks Into A Bar

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Re: A Star Walks Into A Bar

Post by The Nekromonga February 10th 2023, 12:15 am

Seeing Astrid extremely upset, Mason’s paternal instinct kicked in, and moved in for a big Mason hug, if she wanted it. “She’ ain’t comin’ back. Ahm sorry, darlin’, that was on me. You got cajones saying no to Nakamura but, you’re really a kid if you think she’s now yer archnemesis villain.” Mason grabs a fresh shirt, that half full bottle of Jack he keeps under the counter, and a class picture from the far wall where he keeps friends and family photos. Between changing, one could see a massive burn scar across his chest, and the same pattern on his back, as if some awful weapon cut him open.

“See, For every lab like yers that gets blown up, she got five more making her sweet dosh. And Nakamura cares about two things only- saving face, and making money. Fighting a teenager? Not worth either. Sit down, I got a story to tell ya. Might even get a laugh or two.”

Mason forgoes the glass and drinks straight from the bottle. The picture he showed was an old faded class photo of an elementary class, and a canny observer would note Mason’s distinct facial features in a very large, round young boy in shorts, wearing thick framed glasses, seated in the front.  Beside him, standing, was the class adviser, Ellen Nakamura, virtually unchanged from her present appearance save for the flared pants and short curly hair.

“Don’t mix up Nakamura with the Institute. Those are two separate things. Or, supposed to be. Institute started drinking her money like a man lost in the desert takes to water, all to expand their research. Last I hear, it’s a big ol' conflict-of-interest mess over there.”

Mason took another swing of Jack, going through the hard stuff like water. “So, there she is. My grade school and high school science teacher, also taught me how to set up wires for lights and power, how to fix a generator. Useful stuff really. Our principal at the time was a talking cat, and I dated, I shit you not, a blood sucking vampire through high school. My wacky Life at the Institute, am I right?”

Mason paused before going further, hoping the story would so disarm Astrid as to make her laugh or lighten the mood.

The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 2582
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage February 10th 2023, 11:44 pm

A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 045667731c434448c7c33322bc8b7a1a

”Get your hands away from me.” She hissed, sounding less prone to violence but still pissed. Still, he was right. Astrid was a drop in the bucket for Ellen. She had bigger things to worry about than a weird anomalous kid who played at being a hero. It didn’t sting any less, though, knowing that Mason was one of the people who her father worked for, considering her father was bad news in many ways.

When Mason broke out the photos of him as a kid, Astrid didn’t entirely understand that she was looking at initially. Did Ellen age normally? It made Astrid wonder if she was some sort of metahuman herself, the way she looked unchanged physically.

”I spent at least half of my life in one of those labs while the scientist who was supposed to be father pretended I didn’t exist. I know how they work.” She said, bluntly, while listening to Mason talk about his childhood. A taking car for a principal sounded pretty weird. Mason dating a vampire? Even weirder. Well, maybe it made sense if he was just into biting…

She didn’t laugh.

[color=white]”She knew you personally when you weee a kid. That’s why she recruited you, I’m guessing.”[/color

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
e
Sage
Sage

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 60
Job : Techeun of the Reef
Registration date : 2023-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sage February 10th 2023, 11:44 pm

A Star Walks Into A Bar  - Page 2 045667731c434448c7c33322bc8b7a1a

”Get your hands away from me.” She hissed, sounding less prone to violence but still pissed. Still, he was right. Astrid was a drop in the bucket for Ellen. She had bigger things to worry about than a weird anomalous kid who played at being a hero. It didn’t sting any less, though, knowing that Mason was one of the people who her father worked for, considering her father was bad news in many ways.

When Mason broke out the photos of him as a kid, Astrid didn’t entirely understand that she was looking at initially. Did Ellen age normally? It made Astrid wonder if she was some sort of metahuman herself, the way she looked unchanged physically.

”I spent at least half of my life in one of those labs while the scientist who was supposed to be father pretended I didn’t exist. I know how they work.” She said, bluntly, while listening to Mason talk about his childhood. A taking car for a principal sounded pretty weird. Mason dating a vampire? Even weirder. Well, maybe it made sense if he was just into biting…

She didn’t laugh.

”She knew you personally when you weee a kid. That’s why she recruited you, I’m guessing.”

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
e
Sage
Sage

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 60
Job : Techeun of the Reef
Registration date : 2023-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Nekromonga February 11th 2023, 2:44 am

“Yeah. My pa kicked me out for being part Moose, cuz his .45 wasn’t up to the job. But, I could always talk to Mr. Pythagoras and Ms. Ellen. Taught me how to control it. I Should’ve taken the cat’s offer.”

“We met up ten years later after my stint in the army. She had a security company now, building a plant out in some south American dictator’s country. Fine enough. At least people will get power. Turns out, he only wanted the plant built so he and his minions can live in luxury while the people stay in the dark ages. There were always protests, always troublemakers. You could see the mansions, separated from the slums by high walls. We were the walls for the plant.”

“A year on, on the opening day. There was an attack on the plant and… back then I thought they were terrorists. Turns out, when you’re seeing your whole family starve to death because they took your farm land, a 13-year-old with a gun is as good as a 30-year-old with a gun. Kid was… skinny, malnourished, god, he was smaller than you, Ash. He was shooting… the construction workers. People who were just doing a job. I only looked after I hit him with a steel pipe. I remember the crunch, the bones snapping. He went flying ten feet into some bricks. He looked at me like the monster I was, reaching for his gun. I can’t forget his face. Ever.”

“Then I hear gunshots from the plant. They must’ve had a second team going after the people who worked in there. Naturally I want to check on my bosses, but the second I opened the main door I get a face full of hot, steamy guts, and half a kid in my arms. I saw Nakamura use her power the first time to defend the Plant. It was like… a laser, hurt to look at it. One kid was hiding behind a crate, shitting his pants. I couldn’t say a damn thing but she drilled a hole in their head.”

“I remember being sick all week, seeing the walls… floors... all painted red. And the smell. Cooked human flesh, turned my stomach because it was like it was burnt pork. They tried to take the execs hostage but she was pissed off like I’d never seen. Why wouldn’t she? She came and built these people a power plant, and they repay her like that. But still, none of it sat well with me. The second she brought that laser out they all probably dropped their guns and ran. I was mad at… president what’s-his-name for what he did to his people… mad at Ellen for…something.” Mason sniffled, the memory bringing a tear to his eye.

“That’s why I want you to stay away from her, fighting her or working for her. Right and wrong is supposed to be easy. Once I got a taste that Nakamura money, I started questioning everything. Hell, that money is still screwing up my life… my wife divorced me and she’s a manager over at the Plaza in New York. Since she’s got the steady job though, she’s the one paying spousal support. But she took the kids. I miss em.”

“I don’t know why I opened about my life like that. Guess I just wanna say, keep to your beliefs, do the right thing. But, I always got your back Ash, if you need my big dumb Moose powers or a place to crash.”

Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top