The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Jager
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:35 am by ProwlerKnight

» Fusion Frenzy
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:46 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Trigger
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 13th 2024, 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_vote_lcapResults of the 2019 October CCC! I_voting_barResults of the 2019 October CCC! I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Results of the 2019 October CCC! I_vote_lcapResults of the 2019 October CCC! I_voting_barResults of the 2019 October CCC! I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Results of the 2019 October CCC!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Contest Results of the 2019 October CCC!

Post by Chellizard November 13th 2019, 7:31 pm

Character Creation Contest: Spooktober!

October 2019
THEME: "Horror"

WINNERS

1st Place: Zell

Score: 138

A Bit About the Character

Nightmare is an amalgamation of your worst dreams and desires.

Scores

Chelle: 46

Zonkes: 45

Dan: 47

Comments

Chelle: A true terror and villainous monstrosity. Purely disgusting, yet unbelievably balanced. The thought behind the character and the concept are well planned. It seems you spent a lot of time on this and it is actually giving me chills just reading through it. The background graphics, as well as the unique art piece that was made for this character is quite amazing and to go to such lengths is by far impressive. Wonderful work, Zell. Glad to see you bringing your darker side to light. This character could bring some interesting plot points to some heroes that really want their moments to shine and to thwart some evil! Great work!!

Zonkes: This right here is by and large the scariest thing I've seen on the website. I really don't have much to say except that nightmare well and truly lives up to its name.

Dan: First just wanna say, the names of the powers are one of the best part. I love creative naming, and you absolutely nailed it. This character is not only one of the spookiest I've seen on the site, but perhaps one of the best on the site in general. Very well-done.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
200 flat XP

2nd Place: Nate

Score: 127

The Host is a radio host that will send chills down your spine.

Scores

Chelle: 43

Zonkes: 41

Dan: 43

Comments

Chelle: A very unique concept, and very well executed. By far the most playable character I have read so far, and I am looking forward to seeing your character show up and add some terror to the lives of those involved. The powers are actually quite balanced for such a vague idea that you've built upon. I enjoy his description you painted for his looks. It gives me an exact image of what you wanted him to look like, and I can see him in my mind's eye. He's definitely got that perfect Halloween villain vibe, and as such, is just a good villain vibe. It's the perfect folk lore tale that you could hear about in a small town and warn your children about. I see lots of kids summoning him by accident for a dare, and a hero being alerted to come assist.

Zonkes: You knew I would rate this high, didn't you? Well, in any case. Despite his obvious status as a Tube Top rip off, I will rate him high and commend your for such an excellent concept and execution. Don't have much else to say so good job!

Dan: A spooky radio-wave. What will they think of next? In all seriousness, this was amazing. I enjoyed his story, the ambiguity of his origin really sold it, and his powers make sense. It definitely seems like the sort of ghost story that would propagate among children. Great job.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
150 flat XP

3rd Place: Toshi

Score: 121

The Chunk truly shows you what it means to be gluttonous.

Scores

Chelle: 42

Zonkes: 42

Dan: 37

Comments

Chelle: Definitely a unique take on the deadly sin of Gluttony. I love it. It's very scary, very detailed, and the description you gave made me have some goose bumps. I especially love how you painted the picture for his description. It truly let me see who I was reading about. It brought another layer of depth to the character. I found that it was definitely playable as a character. Your grammar was a bit hard to digest and I found myself losing my place as I read, but overall, a very good application with a very interesting past that lead him to who he became today. I found this character to be very fitting for the spooky season. Excellent work, Jackson!

Zonkes: Nice and scary! Extremely well done Toshi! I'm excited to see him in use!

Dan: Very spooky, and very well-done! I can see this character played extremely well. Some of things were worded in a bit of a confusing way, but overall, a character I'd have a lot of fun roleplaying with.

Prize

Ghost Slot*
100 flat XP

Honorable Mentions

Honorable Mention: Thor

Score: 109

Casey Lamplighter is a mysterious missing person's case.

Scores

Chelle: 40

Zonkes: 33

Dan: 36

Comments

Chelle: ... Slow claps. Honestly, this character intrigues me, and the story is wonderful, but I would have liked to see a snippet of how he acts now. What he does now. Perhaps a future glance into what he's doing lately. Or, maybe, his history is a flashback and he's a supernatural detective or medium. OR he has a lot of different odd jobs he does. The idea is so wonderful, and the script like story definitely made me enjoy reading it! I also enjoyed being able to picture everything in my head. Great concept, great ideas, execution could have been a little bit better my dear. The grammar and spelling within the application felt a smidge rushed, but it was a good read. A plus work, Thor!

Zonkes: Once again I felt that this is a very strong idea. However, I felt that the execution in what you were trying to accomplish didn't entirely come off for me. Maybe it's just me, but I don't really see anything that scary here. Sorry.

Dan: I absolutely love the idea, this character has everything! However, I do feel as if the execution was a bit lacking. I just feel as if it could be a bit more. A few grammatical errors hurt your score, as well as the lack of a custom background. Still, absolutely fantastic character, I feel as if the terror of Lamplighter could really shine through with a little more polish.

Prize

50 flat XP

Honorable Mention: Woof

Score: 105

The Meteor Worm takes being in a hive mind to a new level!

Scores

Chelle: 37

Zonkes: 36

Dan: 32

Comments

Chelle: This gives me the authentic B rating, gory, endearing horror film creature. I absolutely love the idea, the concept, and just, CHEF KISS. But, alas, I must give you a few less on execution because of the lack of a more endearing personality trope. You could have given the hive mind a set personality that it abided by and perhaps a few options of personalities it likes to adopt while manifesting as one mass. It would add a bit more depth to it being playable as a character, and not just an excellent Boss NPC. Great work, Woof! Always a pleasure to see what your mind comes up with for these contests.

Zonkes: So I actually really love this concept. Obviously the alien falling to earth is a pretty big trope in pop culture, but I think you executed it pretty well. My biggest issue with it at the moment is that TO ME , it's not that scary. So I had to give you a low spook score. Sorry.

Dan: As Lars said, the alien falling to earth idea is a tried-and-true concept in sci-fi and horror. You've proven you can definitely do unique things with the concept. The execution was a bit lacking, I suppose I was looking for a bit more of "horror" for this abominable beast, but otherwise, very well done.

Prize

50 flat XP

*A ghost slot is a character slot that you gain temporarily to allow one more character to your roster. Once you choose to retire a character, you lose that slot. You do not gain a permanent character slot.

Congratulations, everyone! (:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Results of the 2019 October CCC! JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top