The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Seamus McAndrews
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_vote_lcapDiana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_voting_barDiana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_vote_lcapDiana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_voting_barDiana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP) I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

INV ONLY Diana (Kinda) goes home for Halloween (Double XP)

Post by The Nekromonga October 18th 2016, 10:03 pm

Siargao Island, Southern Philippines

Arriving in her home country, Diana wasted no time in the crowded, polluted city of Manila and hopped on the first plane to the wild lands of the South. Manila wasn't just crowded by population; she had to rub elbows with dozens of homegrown heroes, who valued reputation and ego as much or more than protecting their country. And by country, all of it, not just the capitol city.

Transportation quickly regressed technologically the farther from the capitol; from a plane to air-condition bus, to a rural open-air bus, to finally a jury-rigged motor cycle with a couple of 2x4's that served as a passenger seat. But what they traded for civilized comforts, they got in a tropical paradise; Diana slips into her swimwear and hit the nearest and cheapest resort, a walled off place with a painted plywood sign, bamboo cottages and a white sand beach with half a dozen people. She catches the late afternoon rays and takes a swim... and as night fell, she began to hear the dark whispers of the Island.

The local tabloids often included a section on the supernatural- this was usually dismissed as filler material, but as of late the supernatural sections were being tied to headlines of murders and disappearances near unsanctioned mining sites. Being a backwater part of the country, few heroes deigned to investigate, but Diana held a special place in her heart for these wild reaches of the country. Her destination was not that hard to find- a piece of the mountain on the Island had an ugly brown bald spot, in the middle of a lush green carpet of trees.

It was not difficult to get a lanky surfer local with a bike to drive around the island. As they turned the corner on a high and rough mountain dirt road in the dark, Diana told the man to stop, just outside a chainlink fence in the middle of nowhere. In bright red letters on a white background, it read 'PRIVATE PROPERTY. TRESPASSERS WILL BE SHOT.'

"(Well? Go inside, Bruh.)" Diana told the biker.

In a frightful tone, she received a most frank retort. "(No way, there have been murders here! And the mining guards don't like trespassers.)"

"(Exactly.)" Diana puts the dollar bill in his hand, as he turned around and went back to the beaches. Diana wondered who ran this operation- the extremists, the communists or the Chinese- but figured it didn't matter. No matter who won, The people on this mountain were the ones who suffered. She walked right through the gates, and headed to the small village the mining company had taken over, 'civilized' they would say. She would start looking there.

The village was much like any other burgeoning Filipino town touched by "development". a covered Basketball court, a church, a school, market and a clinic on the same street, facing the new housing blocks. All of them were these ugly concrete boxes painted in gaudy colors, and Diana sighed. This sort of development ironically made people poor, because now there were told they had to have a hundred things. houses, cars, internet, tv, cellphones.

She walked cautiously, realizing the village was empty. The lights were on, but nobody was in town. Western style halloween decorations adorned the village's public buildings. Were they working? no, even the women and children were missing... She drew her sword, beginning to investigate the civic buildings.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dragon Girl Experience
Dabbler Experience
The Steel Sage Experience
Thalassophobia Experience
Talona
Lady Deathblow Experience
The Nekromonga
The Nekromonga
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : Neko is 9 now. Neko has many medical issues.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2582
Job : Architect, Master Builder
Humor : I made a Lesbian Feminist Ninja Vampire Samurai.
Registration date : 2013-01-18

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top