The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Caleb Cromwell's Advancements I_vote_lcapCaleb Cromwell's Advancements I_voting_barCaleb Cromwell's Advancements I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Caleb Cromwell's Advancements

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Caleb Cromwell's Advancements Empty Caleb Cromwell's Advancements

Post by Troglodyte November 1st 2015, 5:35 pm

Item/Character Advancement Name: Laser Gatlin gun AKA "The little friend" as in "Say hello to my little friend"

Item/Character Advancement Description: A rather large gun, multi-barreled gun mounted on a rotating turret, located on Caleb's backpack. When this gun is not in use it is designed to fold back into a nook on said, and folds up nicely a bit to save space. In this mode it looks innocent enough, but looks can be deceiving.

For when it folds out, it looks roughly like a three feet long, multi-barreled minigun of death and destruction,  It is mounted on a short, rotating turret, making it stand little 'shorter' than our heroes head when aiming forward. the turret capable of 360 degrees of rotation as well as free movement upwards. and slightly less movement downwards. When it fires a single shot it makes the standard soft "pew" of a regular laser-gun, but due to the speed at which the gun fires it's impossible to hear the individual "pews", so it sounds more like an elongated "PeEeEeEew"

When it is in defensive-mode the gun points straight up and the individual barrels disengage from one another to move about independently, thus giving the impression of a miniature watch-tower crossed with a sprinkler.

Item Power(s): The 'Little friend' is a very powerful weapon, wich would best be described as 'heavy ordnance'. It fires concussive-energy-bolts, each with roughly enough power to go through a normal wall, car door or a kevlar-armoured opponent without much fuss at the standard setting, though this can be lowered if necessary.
"That does not sound very impressive" you may say
"I thought you said this was a heavy ordnance type-thing"
Yes, a fair point, but here's the kicker: It fires about 8000 of these per minute, wich means that you can use it to clear out the vegetation of few acres of woodland pretty quickly.

It is controlled ever from the computer On Caleb's left gauntlet or can be set to 'auto pilot', which causes it to automatically fire at "hostiles". when they appear. The lack of recoil makes it far more accurate than a 'regular' minigun.

However, unlike most miniguns it has a second setting which our hero calls 'defensive' which causes the gun to fold straight up from Caleb's back the barrels of the mini-gun to disengage from the turret at large and swivel somewhat independently from one another, targeting various things in his presence which are marked as hostile. In short, the cannon looks like a miniature watch-tower with 'guns' pointing in all directions. This mode carries with it some penalties compared to the 'regular' set-up as the rate of fire is drastically reduced to a total of 400 shots a minute, which is barely one twentieth of what the regular gun can do. Secondly, when in this mode it is mostly autonomous and Caleb has very little control over the individual guns. However, it is a very effective way to deal with numerous attackers surrounding you in cramped quarters.

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es):

Dakka, Dakka, Dakka!!!

Whilst this weapon and Caleb's wrist-shooter may superficially be similar, the "little friend" is obscenely powerful, and more than capable of doing huge amounts of collateral damage if used incorrectly.

I'm sorry, I can't control how this machine works

In defensive-mode Caleb has little to no control over how the individual 'guns' find their targets. It is handled autonomously by his on-board computer. Due to the computer being unprepared for Calebs movement it may have to re-aim if he moves around alot whilst this mode is activated

Item/Character Advancement Price: 5
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Caleb Cromwell's Advancements Empty Re: Caleb Cromwell's Advancements

Post by Troglodyte November 1st 2015, 6:13 pm

Item/Character Advancement Name: Technopathic headband of doom.

Item/Character Advancement Description: It looks like a thin, metallic headband, very simple. However, if one would look on the inside of it, one would see that it contains circuitry and whatnot

Item Power(s): The technopathic headband is not really Technopathic at all, but merely allows the wearer to connect to computers and machines on a mind-to-machine basis. How powerful it is is dependent on the mind. Anyone wearing it would probably be able to activate a toaster or turn on the coffee-machine, but more clever people could probably operate a car by remote, however, for someone with Caleb's superlogical can wreck all sorts of havok with machinery. It helps him with his computer-work, since the communication between man and machine is no longer dependent on the keyboard-medium, and as such, the limits of his logical thinking is the only limit he needs to think about. He can be no further away than threehundred feet when attempting to affect something with his technopathic headband, since the modified brainwaves doesn't reach any further

Item/Character Advancement Weakness(es): The headband is vulnerable to magnetic interference, thus if someone would bring a magnet within ten feet of it, it would not work until it had been taken away. Also, magnetic fields might "protect" things from Caleb's meddlin'

Another weakness is that it looks ridonculous. I mean who wears a metal headband in public? Hey, geekboy! The medieval times called, they want their Tiara back!

**Notes*

Whilst it is true that the headband can be taken from one head and put upon another, it would not work for the new wearer initially. It has to be calibrated to that persons specific brainwaves for it to work, wich is basically done by wearing it in your sleep for about four hours.

Even if activated, it is rather hard for the average person to use. For example if you decided to surf the internet using the Technopathic headband it would not show you the internet, but you would get strings of code fed into your brain at whatever speed you could handle it. The reason it works so great for Caleb is his super-logical ability.

Item/Character Advancement Price: I pay 10 for this!
Troglodyte
Troglodyte
Posting Master
Posting Master

Number of posts : 486
Registration date : 2011-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Atlas November 2nd 2015, 4:22 pm

Approved until stated otherwise
Atlas
Atlas
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 294
Registration date : 2015-01-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top