The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
Rainbow 2.0 I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Rainbow 2.0 I_vote_lcapRainbow 2.0 I_voting_barRainbow 2.0 I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Rainbow 2.0

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Rainbow 2.0 Empty Rainbow 2.0

Post by Ink March 7th 2015, 8:42 pm

((Shifting over to the new system))

Rainbow
Follow the Rainbow... if you can keep up.

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Rainbow, Rainbow-Girl, Rainbow Racer, Rocket Rainbow, Speed Spectrum, Light Speed
Title: The Fastest Girl In Town
Alignment: LG
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Hazel
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 117
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Likes: Reading, Writing, Piano, Violin, Track & Field, Volleyball, Baking and Painting (neither of which she's very good at), kids, taking care of people
Dislikes: Feeling unprepared, pranks, injustice, being sick, rain (having to be out in it)
Values: Hard work, learning from mistakes
Fears: Failure, public speaking (choking)
Desires/Ambitions: Amy isn't sure what she wants to do with her life.  She only knows that she wants to be certain she has as many opportunities available to her as possible when the time comes to choose.  Right now her only priorities are saving other "Lost Kids" and protecting her little sister.
Bad Habits: Prone to anxiety induced panic, nail biting, talking too much when nervous
Personality: Amy is a high achiever.  She’s studious and dedicated, organized, and aims to impress.  However, she has a tendency to overreact and panic if she feels unprepared (which is often).  She puts great emphasis in her impression on others.  She was active in sports (Soccer, Volleyball, and Track & Field) and Academics (was top of her class).  She has particularly acute maternal instincts and is very protective of those younger or smaller than her.  Amy hardly considers herself a superhero.  She prefers to think of her actions as being a "People Person".  She runs around in a mask primarily just so people don't figure out she's one of the fastest people alive and try to exploit that power.  She also rarely ever seems to take back for herself.  She's often doing something for someone or working.

History:
Amy's missing father was the superhero "Captain Chrome".  He was a scientist who'd been studying an alien rock discovered in a nearby mine.  An incident resulted in the man absorbing astronomical amounts of alien radiation from the stone, transforming him into a being of living energy, capable of manipulating light on an unheard of level.  However, there was an unforeseen side effect.  In being close to his family, he inadvertently exposed them to residual radiation, mutating the lot of them in vaguely similar fashions.  These powers would take years to manifest in his young daughters, Amy (10) and Annie (3).

Amy's powers didn't actualize until the age of 14, while she was out running practice laps to prep herself for a track meet that weekend.  Her father witnessed as she tore off around the track, soon running at speeds unnatural for any human being, and leaving a rainbow trail of light or energy behind her.  Since then she's worked to gain better control over her speed and has even learned a handful of other abilities connected to the "Prism Effect" that her father likewise draws his powers from.

Amy eventually found a costume very similar to her father's in the attic, but tailored for a girl her size.  After trying it on, she decided to leave the heroics to her father.  However, since the disappearance of her parents, Amy has taken a more active role in the superhero community to fill the gap and try to find them.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Speed Aura
Speed Aura - Chief among Amy's abilities is an that of her speed.  She can attain incredible speeds by channeling the invisible Prism Effect aura that surrounds her.  When tapping into this speed, a rainbow trail of light is left behind her.  The aura also augments her biology to withstand the task and protects her from friction and other ill effects of such feats.  Rainbow is not presently aware of her upper limits, though it's been hypothesized that since her powers are derived from color, which is essentially light, she can possibly attain light speed.  Currently, however, she's only ever pushed to slightly into Supersonic speeds, at roughly Mach 3.

Power 2: Prism Beam
Amy can channel the Prism Effect into a beam of incredibly destructive force, with both concussive and thermal properties, depending on its intensity.  For aim and control’s sake, she channels this beam through her fingers, pointing her hands like a gun.

Power 3: Prism Effect Constructs
Amy can generate very crude constructs of Prism Effect Energy.  She generally uses this to generate her trademarked Rainbow Runway, which is her primary means of getting around without things getting in the way.  She also occasionally makes barriers of this energy.

Power 4: Intangibility
While Amy can achieve intangibility, this is not done in the typical fashion for a speedster.  Amy can effectively convert herself into a Prism Effect energy state, in which she is intangible.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Speed Aura Limitation
Rainbow's speed is essentially directly proportional to how much Prism Effect Energy her body has built up.  The greater the build-up, the faster she can run.  However, from "zero" building up enough to run at mach 3 can take up to 5 minutes.

Weakness 2: Prism Beam Limitation
To produce this beam, Amy needs to channel part or all of the Prism Effect energy her body is using at that time.  This means that she cannot use this power while using the Prism Force to move at super speeds (though she can convert Prism Effect energy from a construct into a beam).  After the beam is fired, her body begins to produce the energy again, and typically takes anywhere from thirty seconds to five minutes to completely restore itself, depending on how intense the beam was.

Weakness 3: Construct Limitations
The constructs produced by the Prism Effect are not very elaborate.  The most they can produce are crude shapes (walls, pillars, pathways and platforms, etc). Nor are they incredibly strong.  They are maintained through concentration.

Weakness 4: Intangibility Limitations
While in this state, high frequency sounds can rattle her.  She is also not invulnerable, in this state, to energy-based attacks, barring Light-based & Electrical assaults.

Weakness 5: Mental Manipulation
Because of the speed at which Rainbow's mind processes information, mental manipulation does not work on her in the traditional way. When any attempt is made to manipulate her mind (either by drug or by someone with mental powers whose mind does not operate as quickly as her own) it causes her conscious mind to slow down, but not her subconscious mind. As a result, her subconscious keeps moving so quickly that the information running through her head moves too quickly for her to consciously grasp. Thus her subconscious mind is essentially "racing" her awareness. This results in an immunity to outright mind control, but a headache that is almost completely debilitating.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): --

Items/Minions
N/A

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
1 Agility
2 Reaction
3 Endurance
4 Strength

Last edited by Ink on March 10th 2015, 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ink
Ink
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Here I Come, To Save The Daaay!"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 127
Job : Comic Book Writer, Web Video Producer, College Student
Registration date : 2014-03-22

http://www.thatruled.com

Back to top Go down

Rainbow 2.0 Empty Re: Rainbow 2.0

Post by Amethyst March 9th 2015, 7:36 pm

Cap the speed at mach 3 at first and we're good

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amethyst
Amethyst

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 43
Job : Sun Worshipper
Humor : The Sun doesn't care
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Amethyst March 9th 2015, 7:38 pm

Approved. Those are some good weaknesses

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Amethyst
Amethyst

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 43
Job : Sun Worshipper
Humor : The Sun doesn't care
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus March 10th 2015, 8:38 pm

Unapproved for edits

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha March 10th 2015, 8:55 pm

Reapproved

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top