The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_vote_lcapMihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_voting_barMihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_vote_lcapMihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_voting_barMihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Mihaylo Dzyuba

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba Empty Mihaylo Dzyuba

Post by BootStrapTommy October 21st 2011, 1:54 am

This is my first character.  I think I have an understanding of the mechanics around here, but I am a n00b, so...

Mihaylo Dzyuba
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."

Basic Biography

Renegade Name: Professor Mercutio Sheperd
Title: Doctor, Agent 'Aussersein'
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Caucasian
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Violet
Height: 2m
Weight: 75 kgs
Blood type: O

The Looks

Tall and toned. Brown hair. Violet eyes. Handsome.
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
He is by nature highly energetic and incredibly lively.  He is brash and eccentric, his personality often seeming very alien to those around him.  He often shows over optimism and a childlike recklessness, though it is almost always part of the greater scheme behind his actions. He can be smug, often boasting about his feats and knowledge. He prefers to resolve problems through negotiation, rather than violence, but can have a mean streak when pushed.  He does not hide his emotions, most notable his anger.  He has a strong sense of right and wrong and is known to be on occasion incredibly selfless, but this often conflicts with his overwhelming urge for self preservation. This means that he is known to make selfish decisions in the heat of the moment which he tends to later regrets and hates himself for it.  He has hidden survivor’s guilt about much of his past.  As a consequence of this, he is often overprotective of those close to him, afraid that he might hurt them with his actions.  He often lies, though mostly to protect others from knowledge he believes would be harmful to them.  As a quirk, he has the tendency to think out loud, but since he is capable of thinking much faster than he can speak, it often comes out as gibberish to those around him.  He often rambles or goes off on tangents, constantly making amendments to his previous sentences.  He has an eidetic memory, and he's incredibly good at solving puzzles and seeing things everyone else might overlook.  He often has the habit of pacing, walking erratically and in circles when talking or thinking.  He always articulates his thoughts and words with hand gestures, often to the extreme.  He has a habit of fidgeting and even dancing (badly) when thinking, especially when worried.  He has been known to unintentionally insult others with careless comments, often without realizing.  He often does things that seem very much childish, and often reacts inappropriately to normal social situation, only the later realize his error.  In a romantic situation, he is initially incredibly awkward, though when the walls come down he becomes very personable. He is a chain smoker, preferring pipes and cigars, but settling for cigarettes when necessary.  He is fond of pens, especially clicking ones, often clicking them impulsively or twirling them in his hand.  On occasion, he twirls them with his mind.  He is incredibly obsessive compulsive, with an impulsive attention to details.
He has a strong propensity for language, quickly picking up not only language, but also a natural accent.  Consequently, having taken up residence in England, he has a strong British accent.  However, in times of duress, he often unconsciously reverts to his native Ukrainian accent.

History:
Spoiler:
In early October 2001, Mihaylo woke in a St. Petersburg hospital, no memory of who he was or how he came to be there. Not knowing his real name he adopted Mercutio, derived from the word 'mercurial', meaning “having an unpredictable and fast changing mood” which described him at the time.  While in the hospital, Mihaylo became acquainted with and eventually befriended Viktoriya Chernyovskaya, an 18 year old waitress who had discovered his unconscious body in the woods.  This friendship quickly blossomed into romance, as Viktoriya found Mihaylo’s strange personality and incredible intellect appealing.  Several months later, Mihaylo convinced Viktoriya to move with his to the United Kingdom, where, with expertly forged documents, Mihaylo began attending Oxford University, under the name “Mercutio Shepard”.  Due to his incredible intelligence, Mihaylo pulled off the miraculous feat of completing a doctorate in Philosophy and a doctorate in Psychology within five years.  After graduation, Mihaylo immediately received an offer to teach at Oxford, due to his phenomenal performance, and an offer to work for MI6’s research division on Extra-Sensory Perception, because of the nature of his Psychology dissertation.  Since that time, Mihaylo is the youngest ever Senior Professor of Philosophy in Oxford history and head of the Department, while continuing to be one of the top researchers within MI6, where they have since become aware of his abilities, often utilizing him in the field as a result.  Mihaylo has since recovered a small fraction of his memories, mainly his name, his mother's face, and horrid nightmares of his time as part of the Yanukovych Project.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Telekinesis. Mental manipulations of objects. A will based ability which can be resisted by highly willed opponents.

Power 2: Super Intellect. An eidetic memory. Able to make lightning fast calculations  and learn new information quickly. Exceptional problem solving and mathematics skills.

Power 3: MI6 Operative Training. Operative level firearms and hand-to-hand combat training. Spycraft and operating procedures.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: Viktoriya Chernyovskaya. Mihaylo would do anything to protect the woman he loves.

Weakness 2: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Mihaylo survived years of sick testing at the hands of the Yanukovych Project. Though his pre-crash memories are spotty he is still haunted with nightmares of his ordeal and racked by survivor's remorse. Memory triggering events have been known to leave him shaken.

Weakness 3: Marked Man. The Yanukovych Project didn't die with that plan crash. And they're not about to just let their star pupil dole out intel to MI6.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): A polymath and a polyglot, Mihaylo possesses the ability to learn new information quickly and remember key facts. He has exceptional problem solving skills.

He possesses highly precise, fine mental  manipulation of small objects. With his telekinesis, he has the potential to move and lift objects of up to 50 metric tons, though anything over 1 tons requires effort, and anything over 5 requires a great deal of concentration. A will based ability which can be resisted by highly willed opponents.

Items/Minions

Walther PPK/S
Clicky pens, lots and lots of clicky pens.

Physical Priority
Reaction
Agility
Endurance
Strength

Roleplay Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited by BootStrapTommy on June 20th 2015, 2:54 pm; edited 13 times in total
BootStrapTommy
BootStrapTommy

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 9
Job : Econometrician
Humor : British
Registration date : 2011-10-19

Back to top Go down

Mihaylo - Mihaylo Dzyuba Empty Re: Mihaylo Dzyuba

Post by Super Cutie October 25th 2011, 2:20 am

Approved.

Spidey

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by BootStrapTommy June 19th 2015, 1:15 am

Made my modifications. Most corrections to grammar.

Big change was appearance. I don't hold the same aethetic values I held four years ago.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BootStrapTommy
BootStrapTommy

Back to top Go down

Post by BootStrapTommy June 20th 2015, 3:00 pm

Okay, I think I got it now. Feel free to fact check me. Very Happy

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
BootStrapTommy
BootStrapTommy

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus June 20th 2015, 7:27 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum