The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
alice - Alice Li I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
alice - Alice Li I_vote_lcapalice - Alice Li I_voting_baralice - Alice Li I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
alice - Alice Li I_vote_lcapalice - Alice Li I_voting_baralice - Alice Li I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Alice Li

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

alice - Alice Li Empty Alice Li

Post by Nightshade February 17th 2011, 11:41 pm

Alice Li
”Think of me as a still recovering trauma victim. You imagining it? Good. Now fuck off.”

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Nightshade
Title: Daughter of Darkness
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Chinese
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5’2”
Weight: 120
Blood type: Shadow

The Looks

They’re generally under glamour, but when they aren’t, their skin is pitch black. They’re style is basically practical and comfy, with a pair of shades always at hand.

Picture:

Their "supersuit" so to speak is basically a cloak with a hood, along with a black long sleeve shirt, cargo pants, boots, a mask, and goggles.

The Legacy

Personality:
Imagine a 17 year old who suddenly finds out that they’re actually a non human figment of a concept-being and they gain all the knowledge and experience of said being. Now imagine they’re still a 17 year old.

History:
Surprise! They wrtr adopted. Turns out their parents were part of a weird ass cult who wanted to basically bring back the beginning state of being, aka the chaotic soup of darkness that Was. To do so, they thought it’d be a great idea to create a vessel for it (well, the part that wanted destruction. It’s complicated) to come back to the world and wreak havoc and reabsorb every last bit of it, and their parents volunteered to provide the raw materials. Many arcane rituals were enacted upon their developing self, only for it all to seemingly go to waste when the local authorities caught wind of it and interrupted the most important ritual of all: The actual transferring of the consciousness to the child. The mother was taken into custody and restrained until the baby was born, dying in childbirth. A nurse decided to then adopt the child, raising their as their own.

In short, they were never supposed to develop their own personality or soul, but with the interruption, that was allowed to happen. Still, the darkness that Was still got transferred into them, and it was suppressed and fused within them very being due to the incomplete spell, laying dormant. All in all, they got to grow up as a pretty normal kid until their powers started to assert themselves. With a whole part of them being pushed down, it was very hard to control their powers, and with teenage delusions of grandeur, they had set out to become a superhero. Unfortunately, this caught the attention of said cult, and they were captured in an attempt to finish the ritual. It kind of worked. The darkness aspect within them woke up. They didn’t account for the fact that coexisting since the development of said personality and mind might account in a meld. The cult was not happy to say the least, because this new development made them very hard to control.

They were soon rescued via some serendipitous events and has decided to take a nice break due to the traumatic and life changing events prior noted, as they tries to piece together who they thought they were and who/what they really are anymore. Unfortunately, what happened has definitely shifted some finicky balances, not to mention how strong their powers have now grown. Their fight for (at the very least a temporary maybe 2 yearlong until they finish high school) normalcy is a constant battle on its own.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers

Power 1: Shadow Manipulation
They can basically make shadows into whatever they can think of. Swords, shields, goo to drown people in, etc. They can also hide and blend within shadows and even create a miasma of darkness around them.

Power 2: Shadow Sense
They don’t have night vision so to speak, but more just a highly precise and intuitive understanding of anything happening in shadows/darkness around them. The range is generally around 10 feet but in continuous shadows/darkness, it extends to however large that area is or at the very least, larger than their usual range. (For an example, at night, their possible range is extremely far.)

Power 3: Nonhuman Physiology
They aren’t exactly human anymore. They are much more durable than before, with wounds being automatically sealed by the shadowstuff flowing through their veins and replacing their blood. They also heal very fast when able. Pain is also deadened, allowing them to fight for longer periods of time, and they can use the shadows within their body to augment their speed and strength (which is as potentially horrible as it sounds). Also as a very last resort, they can expel all of said shadowstuff from their body to create a nigh impenetrable cocoon of pure darkness that even the strongest lasers would be hard-pressed to get through since the inside is true darkness, allowing continuous regeneration. They can also basically turn into a living shadow that can turn corporeal and incorporeal at will. They are much faster and debatably stronger in this form. Is also no longer restricted to a humanoid form. Healing and regeneration is less painful and easier in this form provided there’s a source of shadow/darkness to draw off of. The more, the better.

Power 4: Shadow Step
She can move from shadow to shadow as long as they’re within sight. She can also envision a place w/ shadows and move to it.

Weakness(es)

Weakness 1: All their constructs are sensitive to light. The more intense the light is, the more damage they can do to their constructs. Those that are left out in the day (and even at night due to starlight and such) slowly start to dissolve, melt, and vaporize into the light. Also, creating darkness is pretty hard and generally it just isn’t worth the effort to do so.

Weakness 2: As one can imagine, a large and precise range is cool but can also be extremely overwhelming, distracting, and even gross. In smaller ranges it’s much easier to control what is being sensed vs a mile long range that can very easily become a sensory overload and possibly cause them to pass out just to preserve their own sanity. Also the understanding generally requires movement, textures, or even an energy pulse. They can’t exactly read a book in complete darkness (though theoretically it could happen if they honed in their senses to accommodate atoms but they’ll probably die before then).

Weakness 3: The wounds aren’t actually healed. It more just a very effective bandaid that will keep them alive but the cost of their actual body. So it’s in their best interest to get healed fast, though it is honestly debatable how much they need most of their major organs now, even their brain. Thankfully, the healing process is rather speedy since the shadows just stitch their body back together, but it’s an extremely painful process with basically the pain of what could be months or even years of healing compressed into seconds to minutes.  Also as one can imagine, with deadened nerves, they can quickly get very damaged, and even with the aid of shadows, stretching the body beyond its natural limits can be very detrimental. Also the Band-Aids are sensitive to light, so depending on how bright it is, it can require quite a bit of side concentration to stop them from dissolving, and since they’re technically created with their blood, too many at once (a giant hole in the torso for an example) can force their into a temporary coma state to regenerate said blood and heal. Also, in the process of the last resort procedure, they go into shock and is unconscious for at least 5 hours within the cocoon. The fact that shadows run through their veins also makes them now rather sensitive to the sun and light in general, especially the eyes where the veins are the most exposed. The skin areas are generally ok though unless it’s a particularly bright day. Their shadow form is very weak to light. Turning the lights on would be pretty painful.

Weakness 4: The farther they travel, the more tiring it is. (Out of sight shadows are once a thread)

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s): There’s something off about them. While they seem human, at the same time, most people can sense in that deep lizard brain of theirs that something isn’t quite right. Maybe it’s the greyish cast to their skin in bright light, maybe it’s the nigh constant presence of shades, or maybe it’s the fact that sometimes one feels as if they’re not seeing people as people, but almost as particularly amusing insects. Either way, there’s something off.

They technically no longer needs to eat or sleep but do it out of habit. The merging has also given them figments of knowledge about shadow creatures and various lore and properties of the Shadow realm, as well as strategies and tactics and such gained through other such vessels. She has also gained in fighting ability, general intelligence, and wisdom.
Also, they tend to have a miasma of darkness surrounding them for around 5 ft or more that looks like a misty haze or the heatwaves that come off of sidewalks, but shadowy. This is used to increase their reaction time since they can tell if say, a bullet enters said miasma from a silenced gun.

They use a glamour spell in daily life that’s tied to their concentration and power levels. So if they gets too distracted, it could potentially go kaput.

When powers are fully out, living things tend not to like it since it’s basically a frission in reality that should no longer be there, a darkness that’s never ending and all consuming, and humans are naturally afraid of the dark. The very very weak minded can actually go insane, but most just tend to avoid anything to do with them.

She can change into the suit at any time.

Items/Minions

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)

1. Reaction
2. Endurance
3. Agility
4. Strength

Last edited by Nightshade on March 16th 2015, 3:42 am; edited 13 times in total
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Quote : "I'm gonna fucking die."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 413
Job : Dying
Humor : Help
Registration date : 2011-02-13

Back to top Go down

alice - Alice Li Empty Re: Alice Li

Post by Sim February 18th 2011, 12:42 am

I don't see any problem with this character. Naturally she'll be less powerful than other characters, but you know that. I play low-powered characters myself.

I say approved, and we should roleplay together soon. ^_^
Sim
Sim
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 398
Humor : What do you call twin boys? A sunset!
Registration date : 2010-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 18th 2011, 1:43 am

I agree with Metis. Your history makes sense, and I don't see any problem with your powers, especially since you only have 13 points on your powergrid. I'll second approval on this, if no-one has anything else to add I'll move these to the approved section. I'm just need to know, by Neutral-Good do you mean your a renegade that leans towards good, or are you a hero?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
alice - Alice Li Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Pain February 18th 2011, 4:03 am

SpikeSkiba wrote:especially since you only have 13 points on your powergrid.

No problem with the app, but we don't make exceptions just cause characters have less points on the grid.
Pain
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 3116
Registration date : 2008-07-23

https://www.superhero-rpg.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade February 18th 2011, 9:16 am

Ok, I changed it to good so I guess hero.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Cirasis February 18th 2011, 10:39 am

Sorry to post here but you would get destroyed if you fought anyone, just putting it out there Sad

Aftan Volian

Demon Form:
STR:4
SPD:6
END:4
INT:1
EP:0
FS:5

Dragon Form:
STR:6
SPD:3
END:5
INT:1
EP:0
FS:5
Cirasis
Cirasis

Number of posts : 74
Humor : Things that are not stupid
Registration date : 2009-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade February 18th 2011, 12:07 pm

lol, yes, I know that, though her powers should help a bit. :/

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The_soapmaker February 18th 2011, 5:02 pm

I think it's a very interesting character (three paragraphs of personality = WOOT!). Even despite the relatively weak powers... Well, partially because of the 'weak' powers.

I approve.
alice - Alice Li Seal-of-approval
The_soapmaker
The_soapmaker
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 568
Humor : Puns, lots of em.
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade February 18th 2011, 5:05 pm

The powers aren't weak per se, she just can't control 'em yet. Razz

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Sul-Fury February 18th 2011, 7:45 pm

"Weak" Characters are my favorite. They have more struggle/difficulty but ultimately overcome their trials in their own method.

Click for Sul-Fury's Profile Information
alice - Alice Li Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade February 19th 2011, 9:57 pm

Woot! Thanks!!!

So am I approved? So can I start Rping?

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 19th 2011, 10:08 pm

Yes. Approved and moved.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
alice - Alice Li Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Super Cutie April 27th 2011, 7:54 pm

Point gain approved. New grid added.

alice - Alice Li Tumblr_mh2dgmzN7L1qiz3j8o1_500
Super Cutie
Super Cutie
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : idk.

Number of posts : 920
Job : yes
Humor : yes
Registration date : 2011-02-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade April 29th 2011, 12:01 am

Done and ready to be moved... and sorry to whoever I insulted, I got a bit po'ed and kinda... yeah... sorry. *bows*

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightshade June 29th 2011, 12:23 am

Done with edits.

Coraline Li
EXP
Nightshade
Nightshade
Posting Master
Posting Master