The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_vote_lcapAdjunct's 3rd Advancement I_voting_barAdjunct's 3rd Advancement I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Adjunct's 3rd Advancement I_vote_lcapAdjunct's 3rd Advancement I_voting_barAdjunct's 3rd Advancement I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Adjunct's 3rd Advancement

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Adjunct's 3rd Advancement Empty Adjunct's 3rd Advancement

Post by elephantlord December 16th 2022, 12:16 am

Item/Character Advancement:
Know the Soul's Price
2nd Level Link to Dabbler
(Permission-Based Power)

This power manifested after the events in Boston, where Alexis bribed a group of deep dwarves into betraying their Masters.  

Description: Every soul has its price.  It need not be monetary, but there is something, some set of circumstances or thing that will cause a person to go against there better judgment. Or so Alexis has come to believe.  A toggle has appeared on the Adjunct's HUD, allowing her to instantly understand what thing Alexis can give to the person she is interacting with in order to gain their cooperation, and how far they will go. This information will appear on the side of Alexis' vision, carved there in fiery red script.

Yet, this power has a Flaw. Not everyone is willing to sacrifice their morals for personal gain, despite what Alexis might believe. There are some causes or beliefs that cannot be circumvented in this way. In addition, this power only allows her to know what to tempt with, the sale's pitch is all on her.

Power Overwhelming
3rd Level Link to Dabbler
(Permission-Based Power)

Gained after the events of Turtle Island, where she met Dab's patron.

Description: Say what you want about Dabs, but she is powerful. The Tri-Witch has linked herself to beings beyond the skein of the world, and has gained remarkable power from her daring. By meeting and interacting with the Queen of Shadows (one of Dab's Patrons), and examining how power flowed from her to Dabbalicious, so Alexis began to understand how to empower others.

By focusing on her link to another, Alexis can declare an ability she knows about in another to be 'empowered'. The magnitude of the power will be enhanced far beyond what could normally manifest. As the name suggest, the power amplified will grow intensely unstable. Muscles will bulge with enhanced strength, red lightning will crackle around energy blasting pistols, and super-vision eyes will glow with new sensitivity.

Flaw wise, this ability cannot affect more than one ability in a person at a time, and has a cap on how far it can boost something. While a street level cape might suddenly be able to punch a building apart, the War God Argonath would only notice the most modest of increases.

Work/Life Imbalance
1st Level Link to Sabiel, the Wasp Daughter

This power manifested after the events of Escape from Boston, where Alexis chose to adopt the angelic wasp mutant rather than kill her.

Description: Motherhood is a wonderful thing, but it sure is time consuming. The demands of becoming a new mother for a demanding child taxed Alexis to her limit, until she discovered that she was simply... where she needed to be. Alexis appears where her linked companions need her, manifesting a sort of temporal clone when and where she is needed. This effect is dependant on her quantum entanglement ability that she enjoys with linked companions, appearing to them when she is needed.

Of course, the Downside of this effect is that Alexis never has personal time. Any moments not currently occupied by another obligation will cause her to flit into a time and place where she has 'time debt'. Be this with Sabiel or when Dabs needs another energy drink to keep her going. Adjunct will be there, no matter the cost to her sanity or sleep.

Item/Character Advancement Price:

Queen Bee
2st Level Link to Sabiel, the Wasp Daughter
(Permission Based Power)
This power manifested after the events of Escape from Boston, where Alexis chose to adopt the angelic wasp mutant rather than kill her.

Description: In the strange magical field found in the caves beneath Boston, Sabiel was created from the lifeforce of a dying angel. Though now some strange quasi-celestial being, Sabiel was still created to be the main force behind a new colony of wasp mutants.

Alexis can tap into that natural affinity for command. She is able to secrete a series of pheramones from her pours which broadcast a host of psychoreactive into the air. The Effect of this is chemically based emotion control power, which can enthrall those of lesser will

Nautrally, an effect so potent has its Downsides. It targets human-like individuals that posssess working glanular systems and is dependant both on proximity and being in the same general space. Still, the ability to immediately force someone to feel the way you want...

The Long Road to Recovery
1st Level Link to June, the Dragon Girl
This power manifested after Alexis finally went into therapy with June, on Niao's instance.

Description: Due to the nature of her powers and her innate psycology, Alexis experiences extreme shifts in her personality. At her core, Alexis Lovelace is a lonely, and yearns desperately for connection. Due to her complicated psychology, however, it can be difficult to find happiness or emotional stability.

Her talks with June, despite her initial reluctance, have begun to allow her to unpack the busload of baggage she has been carrying around. By talking through her own thoughts and feelings, Alexis can understand what influences her decisions. Though subtle, in Effect it allows her to detect manipulation or outside influence, though it requires reflection. This has allowed her to step back from the edge of the raging psychosis that had been building in her mind.

It may be the healthiest power she ever manifested, really, but the Downside is that it takes time. In the heat of the moment, emotions flare, and she is not always her best self - there is a long road to recovery.

elephantlord
elephantlord
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 105
Job : Pharmacy stuff
Registration date : 2022-01-18

Back to top Go down

Adjunct's 3rd Advancement Empty Re: Adjunct's 3rd Advancement

Post by Zonkes January 29th 2023, 5:23 pm

I’ll allow it. 45 XP please and thank you!
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 629
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum