The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Best Party in New York
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 6:44 pm by Fae7

» Kade
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 5:57 pm by inquisitor

» [ALERT Side-Story] Home Is Where The (Undying) Heart Is [Invites Closed]
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:06 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:44 am by Tybrid

» The VVitch
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 10:23 pm by Demonhunter

» Urban Exploration
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 5:11 pm by ProwlerKnight

» Stans in Umbra Mortis
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 24th 2024, 4:54 am by Arcana

» Hell and Consequences [Alert]
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 3:24 pm by Hyperion

» Assassin in a Classroom
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 23rd 2024, 12:36 am by Tybrid

» Paint the Town Red
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 10:14 pm by Tybrid

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 5:08 pm by ghost

» Green Ranger
Ifrit I_icon_minitimeJuly 22nd 2024, 2:17 am by Arcana

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Ifrit

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Ifrit Empty Ifrit

Post by Druidic Nomad September 27th 2017, 4:59 pm

Ifrit

The Bio

Villain Name: Ifrit
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Race: Solar humanoid (Eliiki)
Hair: Roiling orange plasma
Eyes: Golden eyes
Height:5'7"
Weight: Essentially weightless
Blood type: His biology doesn't include blood

The Looks

The Personality

Ifrit lacks all traces of empathy or human emotion besides cruelty and twisted delight at the suffering of "lesser beings." At all other times, he's calm and undisturbed by anything other than his own wants and needs. He follows his impulses, and when he wants something he is filled with a blazing anger until he gets it.

The Story

Ifrit was born of plasma from the sunspot of a dying star. His entire body is made of supercharged plasma. The star's energy was being harvested by a space travelling race as power for their ships, and before Ifrit had even left his infancy, he had shattered their entire race. Various alien cultures have been extinguished by him on his travels through space. He harbors a grudge against all sentient life, making a point to destroy everything he can of every world he comes across. He's lived for three centuries, never knowing peace, or another being like him. Civilizations have attempted to bribe him, but short of restoring his star, he has no use for material possessions. Instead, he makes a brutal game out of destruction and murder out of those who attempted to buy him off. He has spent most of his time travelling and searching for intelligent life, with only brief periods spent on planets or moons. Ifrit has left smoking wreckage on every planet behind him except one, and has now set his sights on earth.

The Priority

1. Agility
2. Endurance
3. Reaction
4. Strength

The Powers

Corona: Ifrit's body is superheated, causing the very atmosphere around him to crackle and burn with heat. Remaining in close proximity for too long causes severe burns. These effects worsen the closer a person gets to him, and if one were to place a body part inside of his plasma, they would suffer massive fourth degree burns, quickly being burnt to the bone. Warmth can be felt at ten feet, sunburns start at five feet, and the burn will rapidly increase the closer someone gets to his plasma.

Lance of "Heaven": Ifrit can fire a beam of superheated plasma out of any part of his body, (most commonly being his hands or sword) that causes nearly immediate fourth degree burns in humans, and will melt through nearly any substance in a matter of seconds. The higher its melting point, the longer it will last. This beam of plasma will only travel in a straight line.

Super speed: While travelling in space, he moves at slightly under the speed of light. This speed can't be used on any planets or Celestial bodies with magnetic fields, as it disperses his plasma too much to recover.  On earth, he must limit himself to below the speed of sound.

Plasma Blade: Ifrit has a greatsword made of his own plasma, heated far beyond the temperature that he himself stays stable at. This sword begins to incinerate nearly everything it touches. It leaves sizzling blue plasma in its wake, which dissipates after a few seconds. When not in battle, this sword returns to the plasma of his chest. This blade is how Aurum consumes matter. Anything burned by this blade will be sucked into the plasma and superheated, while the surrounding matter is incinerated. Once he has accumulated enough matter for the day, it functions only as a sword once more.

Flight: Flight is Ifrit's primary, and only method of transportation.

The Weaknesses

While almost entirely immune to physical attacks, large enough forces can stun him by dispersing his plasma. This is includes, but isn't limited to: Sonic booms, point blank explosions, a building falling on him, etc. This stun also halts any usage of power until he reforms. Reforming takes anywhere from ten seconds to five minutes, depending on the force used.

Electromagnets repel him, as they slow his reaction time and interfere with his plasma. A powerful enough electromagnet could kill him. Electromagnets can also disperse his body when used at close range, though pure electricity and magnetism individually do not affect him more than an irritant.

He cannot exist underwater for periods of longer than four hours, or his internal heat will dissipate too much to fight. Within 24 hours underwater, provided the body of water was large enough, he would lose all heat and die.

When using his super speed, he can only go from point A to point B. He can't react accurately to anything that happens between those points, unless the event happens beyond 500 meters.

He must consume matter to keep himself in a plasma state while outside of a vacuum. If he fails to absorb matter roughly equivalent to the mass of a vehicle every day, he will grow weaker and weaker. After a month of no new matter, he will die.
The Items

The Minions

The Fluff

Ifrit seems to prefer consuming precious metals and stones over any other form of matter. He doesn't care enough to be bribed by these, however.

The RP Sample

Ifrit floated many miles above this new planet, covered in greens and blues and whites. As he gazed down upon the insignificant little ball of rock, he could feel in his gut that familiar urge. To burn. To destroy. To kill.

He would have to stay away from the oceans. This world had more water than most, and he vibrated in anger as he thought of the aquatic civilization he had to pass by. He was going to take this unquenchable anger on this Earth. These pathetic wriggling hominids would burn. He couldn't wait. His body rumbled once more as he vibrated with twisted delight. Kill

With that, he dove straight down, aiming for the first landmass he saw. These humans would suffer.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Chellizard on September 28th 2017, 7:02 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Name change)
Druidic Nomad
Druidic Nomad

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-09-26

Back to top Go down

Ifrit Empty Re: Ifrit

Post by Chellizard September 28th 2017, 5:31 pm

How big is the "AOE" of the heat your character gives off?

Most AOE abilities are frowned upon because it's auto damage. However, if it's a shorter distance like: 5 feet or less, I can see this working.

You also mention a sword.

Is it just a vessel to harness his powers and nothing more?

If it's more, you need to list it as an item and explain what it can do.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Ifrit JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5017
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Druidic Nomad September 28th 2017, 5:59 pm

The AOE only starts causing mild sunburn at five feet away, with second degree burns starting at three feet away and increasing from there.

The sword is essentially his "stomach." It burns hotter than the rest of him, but doesn't give off that heat AOE like the rest of him. It's shaped like a sword, but it's a part of his body.

I can add it as an item if necessary though. Let me know, thanks!

Last edited by Druidic Nomad on September 28th 2017, 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)
Druidic Nomad
Druidic Nomad

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2017-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard September 28th 2017, 7:01 pm

Okay. Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Ifrit JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5017
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum