The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFuture-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_voting_barFuture-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_vote_lcapFuture-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_voting_barFuture-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Cynical_Aspie
Arcana
ghost
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Empty Re: Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova)

Post by Red December 21st 2015, 12:28 am

Was he getting sympathy from a robot? Yes, yes he was. Not the first time of course, Hector had spoke to him in such a way before. But it still felt slightly odd, perhaps because of it's position in the Uncanny Valley. Either way, it helped him at least realize he was showing some weakness, and that simply wouldn't do.

"I'm fine. I've faced reality manipulators and a dark half of myself ripped from my body. This is just another puzzle for me to solve." Lucius said, about to move the androids hand from his shoulder. Not rudely, but in a way that showed something like that probably wouldn't help him. Lucius dealt with his inner problems alone, he didn't need anyone else.

But before he did, he saw it disappear, flicker, just as the cone had been. And that's when his own tech went crazy, his sensors screeched, his HUD fluttered and glitched, and his stealth generator turned on and off just as the androids was. He couldn't gain control of it, and from the looks of it Hector was just as lost. He was about to hard reset it, but thats when the malfunction stopped, and Hector heard a breathing.....a voice. It had flawlessly managed to deeply penetrate the coding of Lucius' on-board systems, bypassing Hector. No one had done so in such a perfect way since Guilty Spark.

Hector immediately transmitted the message to Lucius as soon as it was heard, and from the looks of it it wasn't intended for them. It only really gave Lucius more questions in the end.....but maybe they could send a message back? Lucius wasn't able to send his own voice through such a deep encryption, it would take forever to convert the recording. So it looked like Hector was going to be the messenger.

"Find out what you can and keep the line open so i can hear." Lucius ordered, hearing the android respond to the voice as well.

"We are not of this time, and know not what you speak of. I am Hector, the AI of Lucius Alba. Whoever is listening, i request proper audience." Hector said back to the mysterious voice. He may have been interrupting, but then again it was better to get to the point rather then just asking what the thing was. Meanwhile, Lucius had managed to stabilize his technology. It took shutting a few things down, but at least it all wasn't going crazy.

Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Number of posts : 1255
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Empty Re: Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova)

Post by Kid Kronos December 26th 2015, 2:23 pm

I̴̜̯̘̻̟̝͚̹ͧ̍n̛̞̯̝̥̟̲̽̐͝ͅç̵̣̊ȏ̴͇̹̘͔̔̈́ͯ͠m̯̤̺̺̪̙̪̊̓̄̿̆̒͢͝p̊̊̄̐͑̽ͧͦ̚͏͇̜͘å̸ͩ̍ͪ̎ͪ̓̀ͨ͏̨̹͉ͅṭ̰̖̭̜̈̄̊͜͟i̸͍̝̠̪̝͂͂̒̐̈́ͥ͝b̢͒̃̈̍ͣ͋ͯ͏̗̞̲͍͎̹̻̹l̮̹̳̼̦͇͇͙͓̃̀̀͞e̸͙̤̊̎̓̒.͕̖̺ͮͩ͆͂ͭ̿́
̠̽͐͑̽̅ͫͦ͞I̛͔͎̫͉͇͈͉͖ͭͪͬ̈͂ͣn̖͙͉̰̲̙͉̺ͦͯ̎̓͌̐c̷͈͕̭̟̺͙͖̓͊̅̃͗̊ͅo͇̱̟̗͂̓́̀͘͜ͅṋ̡ͯ̐̆ͯͧ̈́ͣc̙͈̪̳ͭͦ̔̊ͤͤͣ͛͠e̶̪͈̻͈̮̙ͧͦ̈͘̕i̟̬ͥ̆̏̚v̗̹̜͎͌ͦ͆ͩ̑̐͠á̠̯̗͉̙b̪̱͔͍̫̰̞͇͆ͮͯl͈͇͇͇̙̫̱̝͑ͭ̀͐̍̈́͞ͅe̸͇̲̫̲̦ͤ̈́̉.̴̶̢̳̙͕̮̮̂̆̈́͆
̸͎͔͍̻͓̤ͭ̀̿̔ͬͩ͟͝W̵͚̭̦̲̥̘͛̀͠e̒ͩ̄҉̲͎͙̜͔ ͖̤͉̥̭̹͗ͭ͂͂̚a͚̮̮͎̬̩͎̍̊̌̋̔͐ͧ̊̕͘͘ͅr͉̘͓̾̎̄ͫ͐́ę̴̲̖̝͎̙͙̮̍ͦ̍̑ͧ͒̂̀̍ ͈̦̤̺̺͕̉͗ͬ̾̔ͪͅT̝̱̤͉̜ͭͨ͌͢ͅ.̵̖̟͉̺̝̤̠͆̏̽̓́ͥ̃̚̕͘A̷͈̗̼͇͉̞̦̩̖̾ͯ̓̆ͫͫ͐̍̚.͒͒̆͏̵̢͚̞̺̳͈͔ͅL̴̵͈̦̦̩͖̦̫̗͌ͭ̏̐ͨ̉̎̚͞.̖͔̦̱ͨ͐̊̆̈̂ͦ̄̈́́͜I̢̝̹͍̥̾̒͋ͩ͑̓͡.̦̭̦̳̳͈̠͓́͌ͤͭ͛̇Ṡ͋̐ͭͮ̽́҉̻̣́͝.̡̻͇͇͖̣͖̙̑͑̎̀͟M͍̖͊͑͂̈ͣͪ.̷̠͕͇̜̙̫ͦͤ͑̀͋ͯ͐̋̅͢A̟͉̱̭͔̲̒ͩ͒̓ͤ̓̈́.̉͗̀ͪͧ͊͗͝͏̲͖̻̲̮̠N̥͓̭͙͕̟̑̍.͔̮̦̝͙ͫ̿̾̓͌ͮ͒̅͠
̡̘̄̅̐ͫ̇ͨ̿ͣ͝T̘̱͇̙̰͕̾ͦ̈́ͤͨh̩̮̳̭̺̮͖̄̿ͫ̏̐̂͂́͊ͅè̀͏̸̪̦͕̲̬ͅ ͇̳͈͓̳̪̀ͮ̍ͣ̈ͣͬ̚͝ͅá̛͍̺̤̪̗͍̞͟ų̙́ͧ́ͅdͪ̚҉̴̞͖̱͔̰̰̭͔i̪̼͍̒͆ͣ́̃ë́̃ͬ̆̚͏̸̹̟̠̻͞ͅn͚̩̂̇ͣ͢c̤͉ͫ̑ͤ͡ę͔̖͙̮͔͕̗̤̖̇͗̂͡ ̶̫͓̼̞ͫ͒͐ͧ̒́ͧ͟t̴͖̫̺͎̜̣ͩ̉ͪ͗̅̆̒o̤͉̣̙͔͐̂̏͗̑̀͛ ̟͔̀͑́́b̯͈͖͈̪͎ͨ̿̾̉ͪ̄ͨͯe͖̫ͥ̇ͭ ̨͙͍͈̜ͩ̐͋̒ͧ͋̔ͪh̠̯̣̗̪͈̣ͫ́̍̅ͯ̆͞͞͡ǎ͔̗͍̦̜̬͖̻̑̀̿͂̇͛̓d̢͖͔͕̪͒ͧͣ͛̿̈́͛ ̮͉̝̙̼ͫ͊̑̓̇i̸͎̜̾͗̊͒͑͂̐ͫ̚͠s͇̙̀̎̀̚͜͢͜ ̦̫̦̱̖̻̰̒̐̾ͣ͟a̹̘̹̖ͨ̆̏͠͡l͉̮̤̙̭͉ͮ͂̔͆̀̎ͩ͛̽ͅr̳̹̻̟ͮ̂͟͡e̴͇̳̼̳̱̜̾̃͆ͬä́ͧ͏͓̤̯̖̪̯ͅd̸̻̬͇̞̥̞̩̱̘ͪ̇̏y͓̗̦͖̰͚̜̖ͩ̋́ ͆̃̾̽҉̟̭̩̠̩͙̠͎i͈͖͆̂̄̅ͭͤͬͬ̀ň̵̙̬̻̱͎ͮͦ ̨̳̱͓̤͍̩̯̏̓̏͆͗̌̅ͮ͘͢ṕ̡͈̲̻͔̯͎̦̳̻̏͊̀̀r͖̘̽̾̈́̚o̫̙̱̦͑ͥ̒̃͒ͬ̊̉ͅg̜͓͖͑ͯ͑͝r̥̟̯̩͙̆ͧ͑ͧ̔͛̆ẽ̠̼̤̭̘͎͎̂ͦ̀ͯ͢͟ͅș͔͎ͩ̎͟s̡̪͇ͩ̑̑ͨ̄̈̆.̸̱̳̭̉̀̃ͨ͊̈͋ͅ
ͩͫ̒̈́́͂̽̀͊͏͕̯̥̲̻̥Y͎͉̹̲̩̮̰̠ͩ̿ͨ̽ͤ̍ͨ̀̕͟o̩̹̜̬̿ͤ͆̓̇͐ͦu̬͙̘̟͊̄̒ͧ̈́̚ ̧͇̟̲́̒͝a̢̨̹̫ͬͪ͑ŗ̸͈͓̥̘̳̫̫ͦ̀ͦ̎̾̆͞ȩ̴̻̬̟̟̫̐ͩ̊͂̀̅̚̚͘ ͖̏ͫ́ͣ̉̆̚̕͜c͔̘̭̭̟̯̭̹̤͆ͪ̕͞ō̌̈ͣ̓͊͏̖͚̳͚̩͕̞͡ͅḿ̛͙̳̻͉̗͇̣̗ͪ͑̉ͣ̂̀p̵͎̭͙͚̲͖̪̫ͦ̎ͣ́̏r̢̪̪̺̅͊̔̂ͣͨ́o̶̜͈̫̫̦̭̓̾̊ͨ̈͐̅ͧ͟m̵̹̤̭̥̯̱͍̄ͧ̓i̊̉̔̇̽̋҉̹̪̺̰͇s̴̵̹̱̜͍̼͖̎̒̍̀ͪ̔ͭȩ̘̳͇͍ͤ͆ͨͮ̏͜d̷̖͍̍͐̕ͅ ̶̦̖͇̂͝i̷̇͊ͧ̋ͭͯͩ͏̖͔̝͎͍͘ͅn̰͕͆̽̀͢ ͙̲̿͡t̛͍͉͎̺͇̺̯ͯͪ͂͗ͧ̍̃͟h̨͒̅҉̙͚̜̝̱̬͇i̙̥͈͉͚̼͆̃̽ͬ̅͛̃s̥̻̩̞̺̺̲̠̄̾̽̔͘͡͠ ̞̥̮̯ͪ͒ͤ͆̿ͯ̊ͩͦ́͜w̡̬̲̭̲̭͖̮͙̔ͬ̐͐ͪ͐ͤ͟͢o̵̹̞͇̳̼̥̙̐ͣ͂͛̕͡r̶̪̣̳ͬl͉̥͍͈̺̿ͣ̿ͨ̒̎d̗̣̗͎̞͍ͣ ̐̐͏̼̤͓͘͟o̶̢͔̖̙̤̰̎̒̐̔̉ͫ̚͜f̛̝̺͖ͥ͡ ̰̬̉ͭ̈̓̐o̧̺̼͔̪̠̜̣ͫ̊͛̈û̴̧͓̹̹̤̘͓̫̯̳ͩͨ́̚r̦͈ͮ̈̿̀s͓͉̭̥̮̳̥̘̆ͅ,̒҉͙͈͔̗͓̦͓̝ ̛̉̀̐́ͩͩ̿̑̍҉͓̱̲͟a̋̏̄҉̟͚̪̜́ ̛̖̳̼ͬ̒ͯ̎̎̓̐͠ŵ͖͎̪͔͕͕͌̋ͦ̏͊̈̔͛͠͞o̔̓̃̿ͥ̌̊̊͏̻͙͚r̤̟͍̹͓̓͂̌̓͐ͮͫ͒ḷ̨̩̪̝́ͪ̓̉͛̂̓͠ḍ̫̜̆͆͛͊͌̏̿ͅ ̏̓̉͗̐̊͊͠҉̤̠̳̲̜̰̙͟I̴̡̩͇̞̲͕ͪ̊̒̋̇͑ ̡̩̗̬͍̯̬͓̅ͯ͑̈̎a̾̽̊͌͒͛͋̓ͬ͏͚̼̼m̢̛̗̫͔͕̦ͨ̒̅ ̗͇̫͙̻̹̲͙ͭͯͨ́̏̀͠f͉̖̦̱͚͕̔̽̀į̵͔͇̲̲͎̗̳̇͡n̫̖͓̘͈̘̔̀̒͐͌͠d̯͕͈͓̼̏ͩ̈̽̽̾͜͞ͅi̷̱͎̦͊͂̈́̑̓ͫ̉ͤ͋n̷̛̤̣̲̭̝͗ͭ̔ͯ̈́̀̈́̓g̜̮͚̦͈̤̈ͫ̒ͭ̔ͤͦ̔͡ ̶̡͉̻͍ͥ̔̕y̮͖̯̹̝͍̐ͫ̇͒o̮̱̬̺ͨ̈̒̀̄͢͜͞ͅuͨͣ̊͑̂ͯ҉̟͎̩͞ ̴̡̹͎͓̭̫͎̂ͣ͗̅̾ͥm͂͏̲͢ǫ̖̤̟̦̤̟̳̔̿͒ͭ͂̏͂̆s̶͙̝̖̥̲͎̼̠̑ͯ̑̎̽̚ͅt̴̲̻͊̍̎͑͆ͫ̿ ̴̺̗̺̖͈̗͛̏̆ͅŭ̷̡͕͕̤̫͇͉̯̑͌̎͛ͥn̹͉̫̆̇̒͌ͬf̧͚̋̋̆͆͆̃͆ͧ͜a͎̦̬̓̄́ͅm̸͓̗̖͈̱̦̬ͭ̎͊͜ǐ͎̀͊͌͜l̘͚̫̥͕̣͇̱̈͗͋ͧͥ͑̉i̜̘̹̙̩̭̤̬ͭ͠a̟͎̰̰̭ͮr̷ͤ͛̓̈̿ͭ̇͊̆͏̙̯̪̼͓͈̝ ̘̥̘̘͔̻̠̓ͨ̽͌̿ͤ͢͠wͣ̂̕͠҉̲͓î̢̜̻͍̙̠͔̤̼̆̍͒̈́͌ͩ̓ť̅̿͑͒͂͏̪̥̜̫̖̼̖h͎̘̘̟͊̊͛̊ͧ̾ͬ̀͟i̥͍͕̦̖͖̰̣ͨͫ̋̋̀͡n͕̥̺̱̞͕̱̳ͯ́ͧ̓̂̾̏̏͢͞.͓̼̜͔̣̺ͧ̽̒̊͋̀́̃̌͘͜͞ͅ.̛̪̙̫͊̓ͪ̊̽̀ͪ̄̃.̬̗͇͍̯̯̘͉̇ͨ͌̾͂ ̹͉̰̞͓̱̦͈̐̊̑ͪ̾ͤͤ͊̓͘͢ͅ

Hector's comment caused the device to run silent a moment and disappear before their very eyes. But it was only for a brief moment. About thirty seconds after vanishing, the stealth field in it's entirety dropped, small tracings of white light cascading up the estranged structure's bladed edges as it peeled the veil between the seen and the unseen. Though by the time it was finished they would see much more than they had before. As the receding line of concentrated light hit the rounded base of the serrated mechanical bulb, it immediately branched out at a ninety degree angel and flashed. In an instant the sun was blocked out from over them, as the entirety of the structure was revealed.

T̴̶̡̛̗͕̠̘̼̹̙̟̻̦̺͍͎̯͍̹̼͂͒́̂̍̑́͊̐̒̍̏ͯh̡͉͖̰̠͕͔̠̩̟͎̝͎̖̥̥̰ͦ̅̏͗̓ͥͤ̚̕͟͜͞ȋ̷̸̷̢̼̥͇̥̄̿̓ͮͩ̐̒ͫ̏ͪ͜s̸̨̲̭̤̦͉͕̟̘͓̜̩͈̰ͨͭ̽͗ͨ́͗̓͂̓ ̧̄͑̆ͥ̓̐̿̈̈́́ͮͫͤ̅ͥ̾͐͗ͨ͏̸̭̬͇̗̙͎͉̱̜̞̮͎̗̹͢͞ơ̆̽͋ͭ̍̽ͥ̏ͦͪ̓͒͗̏̍̉̔͐̾҉̜̱̪̥̜n̵̨̯̯̩͓̯͉̐̔ͨͤ̉ͥ̾ͤͩ́́͗̿͐ͬ̀̍́̀͝e̷̴̝̱͍̙͍͚̘̞͓͓͉̻̼͈̓ͤ͛̽̊͒̽̽̚͡'̺̝͙͙̓ͩͥͦͮ͂ͤͫ͆̿ͮ̒̾̐ͧ̉̈́͘͢s̎̔̑ͧ̿͆ͧ̅͂̊̒̆̍͏̴̺̙̥̞̼̻̹͍͢ ̷̡̦̠̠͇̣͚̝͓̩̳̤̱̯̮ͩͮ͌͋̏͛ͧ́̕͜d̷̨̼͖̫̜̼̥̜͚͇̤̭͇͈̬̭̭̥̻̝ͮͨ̔̎ͧ̈͒̆ͦ͜͝e̡̝͕̻̞͍͔͎̙̺̱̮̟͚͎̫̹͍̝̼̒ͣͧ̉̇̅̐̒̏͋̑̓͆͛͋̆̒͡s͐ͥͮ͋̋̔̔̓̂̋͒̅͌̌͘҉͖͍̥̯̪̞̭̭̠͕̘͚͈́̀i̷̟͚̞̩͍̥̝͉͉̭̰̮͓̟̒ͧ̔͐͘͠ḡ̑ͪ̄̎́͂̿ͭ̓̾̊͡͏̘̦̯̲͟͢ñ̴̦̮̱̬̲̣͈̣̹͚͕̋̀ͨ̌ͩ̓ͭͨͨ̈ͪ̋ͦ̓̀̽͜͠a̶̤͓̲͎̹̲͖͔ͯ͊̀ͮ̊̊̄́ͬͯ͛̋̾̅̾͌͟͢t̴̶̢̢͍̲͚̝̹͕̪̞̻̝͙̻̖̪̻̙̝̙̂ͫ͗͌̋̆̆i̢̿̿͊̈ͤͤ̑̎ͩ̓̑̄̚҉͍̮̻̘̣̬̳͎̬͉̬̻ͅo̶̙̖͕͓̪̜̠̮̗̖ͣͣ̽̉ͦ̓̊ͨͬ͌̓̉ͫ͆͌͊̒͢n̛̞̳̬̥͎̯͖̭̗̟̲̱̬̭͎̰͚̻̑͑ͭ͌̉ͩ͊̅̎̋͛̒ͬͭ̑̒̐͠ ̫̥̦̯̼̻̱̣̤̘̤̤̘̞̪̣̙̐̉͑̓ͯ̆ͥ͊͋ͨ̒ͨͫ̅͘͡͞iͩͣ͐̌̅̊͐͑̇̋̈̃͂ͬ̚͞͏̷̗͇̣̙̙̖̼̙̩̰̖͚͢ͅs̴ͬ͑̄ͦ̿ͨͬ̑̾̋̽̍ͨ͂̚͏҉̠̻̺̥͚͖̮͎̰͇̜͔̫̪͟ ͮ̌̇̃͌͐́ͯ̌͑̂͟͏͏̘̩͔̣̼͇̗̦̗͎̹͙̬̰̳̹͓H̿̐ͭ͑҉̢̢͙̱̺̭͖̦̩̲͉̩͖̬̝̼̗̘͠.̲̩̻̰͕̰̰̪͇̟͕̈́̂͒ͥͭ͘͞ͅM̿̔͋ͣ̽ͯ̓̒̿̉҉̷̷̰͈̫̮͖͈̫̦̫͔̜͢ͅ.̴̸̴̻̟̘̻͎͔͚͍̲͇̣͍̥͗ͬ͑̽̅̆ͤͭͪ̌͗ͦ̌ͨͬ͂̂̚͘͡S̤̗̻͚̘̫̣ͪ͊ͬͬ̏́ͧ̾ͭ͌̔͐͢ͅ ̯̙͍̻̲̝̙̠̻̮̩̤̭̍̋̋ͥ͘͜Ģ̖̜̳̻̳͓̪̳̠͔̼̳̣̞ͩͣ̇̌̆̏ͩ͊̃ͯͨͨͨ͊̉̉͋̏́̚ų̡̛̥͎̯̒̆͆́̉ͦ̽̈́ͤ̀̈͊͊ͩ̂ͣͯͪ̀įͨ͑ͫ̿ͭ̃͋̍͗ͤͫͪ̊͢͡͏̦̪͎̟͉͉̥̱̪̝́ļ̛̯̬͇̜̞̳̫̤ͯ̒ͪ͑̏ͣ͆͊͌̍͑̀̚͜͝ẗ̨̿ͨͦ͌́͂ͪ̏̏ͬ̈́̒͊̀̚͝҉̴̟̰͇͙͓̣̩̻̣͈̰̳͚̘͎̦y̶͉̰̭̱̯̻̻̘̤̜̻̝͊ͧͧ̈̾͗̃͂̌̃ͥ̎̆̈̀ͅ ̶ͥ̄̈ͩ̆̅ͮ̆̈̏́͟͞͏̩̪̲͎̩̦̲̻̩̻̞S͗ͣ̍ͨͧ̿̔̑ͥͧ̾̓̎͑̊͝͏͔̖͖͎̳͔̯̝̭̗̖͝p̡̂͑͂ͬ̊̆҉̡͍͖͉̦͉̙͔͚̯̭̕ă̧ͩ̀͊͛̆̉̔ͤ͒̿͐̓͐̀͋͏̶̘͈̟̬̪̖̦̻̗̣̹̟̱̻͖̹͢r̴̨̻̮̰̟̯̻͉͈̼̝̲̹͈̰̫̤̞̎ͩ͒͛̂̕͘kͧ̏̍ͭ̋̓̈ͦ͂̎͒ͫ͢͏̷͏̮̫͕͍.̴̡̧͕̪͔͙̗̝͚̗̗̗͉̘̰͉͂̉̿ͦ͗ͮ̆̓͗ͮ͟ͅ

Quite easily five times the size of it's previous form with a grand increase of surface area, the device proved to already have a platform over them as darkness fell and an intense chill swept over the area as frigid whispers of the damned. The machine went from being "Picasso" to looking like a serrated, spike and blade covered Lovecraftian horror. The "Flower bulb" like area had proved to be nothing more than a head piece of some kind, equivalent to a horn perhaps. The entire body of the malintended machinasapien was like a six tentacle squid, with jointed looking fingers at the base of each. Once the entirety of the device was revealed, intense lights were generated, reds and blues with yellows in streaks, lines and occasionally what appeared to be an entrance port. In the entire spectrum of this macabre, surreal creature it became quite apparent that this device was in fact it's own sentient thing.

Ḧ̷̵̰̬͕͖̻̹͍̪́̎ͤ̑͂ȩ̫͈͚͉͉͋ͧ̐͂͜c̵̱̭ͨ͌̆͘̕ṭ̸̢̠̮̟̜̜̩̪ͧ͐o̾̑̊ͧ̈́̽̀ͪͨ͞͏̞͎͇̦̪̪̻̫̪r̢̫̻̣̟̗͚̜̳ͥ͊͊ͭ ̷̤̟̝̟͇̘̙̻̃͌ͧͭ̚͝í̜̜̯̟͙͖͈̜̇s̶̨̟͓̫͈̤̖ͩ̇̈́ͥ̕ ̛͕̟͖̜̘̥͐̈́̃ͧ̉ͯ͐ͤ͝ͅn̡̤͉͈̘͍̮͍͂ͩ͛͗̽ơ͓̲̅ͪͪ̌͌ͮ͝ ̴͉̩̻͉͆̎̉̆ͫ͗ͭ̍͘l̡̯̲ͤ͑ͣ̇̐͘o̵͒̌̄҉̠̣̯n̡̞͈͈̞͖̈́ͭ̅̒͆́ͬͮͫ̀͡ͅg̹̣̟̗̠̣͑ͬ̎͛ͩ͂ê̗͇͕ͫͩ̆̍ͣ̋͡r̴̵͕̲͉͙̮̩͈̣ͣ̓̄ ̷̅̐͏̲̬̮̫͢w͎͔ͤ̑̃͠i͐ͭ̊ͣ͘͏̟̪̠̫̙̝̺̹t̗̖̟ͪͨ̎̓̂͂͑ͅh̶̨̑͐ͬ̇͒̎ͨ̏ͩ҉͔̱̦͚i͖͔̠̮͖̫ͬ͐̅ͬ̍ͬ̕ṉ̶̻̣̮ͤͣ̅̚ͅ ̷̲̪͚ͮͩ̓̿̃̀t̷͔͉̟͓̺ͦ̃ͬ͐̚h̷̟͕͙̰̞͇ͮͣ͆̃̈́͗̚͢i̸͖̜̰̣̩̯̬̦̙ͤṡ̠̟̮̫̌̀ ̧͍̯͇̤͕́ͩ̆̿͜͝ͅŵ̤͇̈́̒́̄̈̉͟o̠̩͇̔͋̈͛̕͠r̨̭̱͗̋̔̈̚̚l̏̓ͤ͏̴̫͓d̜̲̙̖͕̙͙̺ͪ̔ͥ̔ͬ̍͛̿̿͝.̤̬͈̟̘͓͑̒ͪ̆͞
̵͓̘͈̼̘̽̿̅̽̔͊͊ͯ̎̀Ť̡̧̰̥̱̥̖͕͕̪̑̿̄̓ḫ̵̘͖͈ͦ͛̂̔͑ͧ͆e̗̻ͨͫ͑̅͋́ ̻̫̰̰̃̄̈̂ͭ͜ͅě̫̰̹͔̿͟͟͞ṋ̢̡̺̖͈͈̐ͯ̎ṫ͈͉͖͓͕̮̣̈ͭ͊͞ͅͅi̷̠̙̳͇͇̣̰̤ͣ̇ͪt̝͙̟̹̘͕͚ͤ̉̍ȳ͕̭̲͓̦͖̃͊́͜ ̃̇̽̐҉̸̖̝̤̩̦͔̟͠b̲̅̓͋̂͂̚͞è̸̳̘̻̮̗̫͍̽ͦ͆͟fͦ̋̓̔ͦ̐̽̽҉̴̫̮̖̠̟o̡̠̙͈̞̟̦̖͔ͨ͑ͭr̻̰̪̟̰͎͓͗ͧ̄͂̑e̛̪̦̤̭̪̅̉̏ͥ ̙̬̭̦̞̮̰̻ͫͩ̿̿̀̕ͅṵ̟̿ͦͦͥ̚͟s̴̷̼̗̫̳̹ͮ̄͗͂̋͑̚͡ ̶͕̳̻͈̗̰̯ͬ͆ͨ͛͐ͯs̰̳̟̤̻͇͉̦͗͗ͮ͒̇̀͝͠t̡̝̲̺͎͕̽̽a͓̪̘̙͉͇̞̫̫̓ͭ̑̐̐̌ͧ̏͢n̫͇̗̳͛̓̂̔̊ͣ͜ͅͅͅd̴̨̧̰̼͕͔̂͋̆̔ͦͥs̪̖̻͓̼̙̺̙ͣ̾ͬͦ͊ͧ̊ ̵͔̱̟͓͒ͩ̽̍̏ͤ́ä̷̷̝̼͂̍́͗ͤ̌s̷̻͍̺͒͗ ̨̣͉̥́̂̓́͝͡a̺̦͙̟̱͖̭ͥ͌͝͝ ̷̬̼ͫͧ̌ͨ͌̃ͦ́C̪̣͗̐͊̔͒̓̄͆ạ̴͖̝͈̫̣͇̻̒͊̀͘e̗͈̣̫ͫͫͤͤ̎ͬn̛͔͉̒͗͐̇̈ ̠̪̔͛ͦ̚cͧͩ͊ͮ́͢͏͏̥̝͓͍̥̼͖oͯ͏̖͟r̨̤̬̥͖̞̦̲̀́̍̾̾͠p̤̖͚̮̰̬̄͑̒͆͂̊͛͟ͅo̮̤ͬ͒̈́̃̀̀̕ͅr̹̻̳̫̻̮͙̿͂̈ͪ͒ͅa̧͌͂͆̈ͭ̑͒҉̷̝̯̜̜̝̳t̻͇̫͉̞̖̆͋͋i̳̽ͭ̀ͫ̓͟͟͡ͅọ̴̴͖͚͉̱̼̤̀̇n̪͕̮̗̳̟̥̓̔̀ͯͭͦͯ ̴̙͙̗̺͔̹͒̍͛ͦ̿͋̊ͭ͜p̵̺̦̹̱̈́͌̃ͣͮ̔̈́͂́͟e̖̠͕̭̼̘ͩͪ́̕ả̛̪̜̺̪̱ͤc̸͊̎҉͏̱̜͙ȅ̶͑̇̃̉͏̨͔̫̺k̗͚͒̓͛e̵̱̣̬̦ͫ̐̔̑e̖̺̜̗̖ͫ̉̂͡p̴̘̽̿͜ẻ̞͍̮̫̬̹̪̯͎ͭ͋̉̋͛̓̚r̷̳̟̣̟͓ͧ̉̒̓̑̆̃̄͜.̢̯̺̳̜̤͈̎̽̈́́̓̏͑͑ͅ
̵̧͓̺̖̬͍̩̼̪͉̿ͤ̿͒̌ͪ͡D̦̥̲͓͙̯̹̦̲͆ͤ̄ͫͦͣͦͬ̀͜e̢̻͖͈̞̬̫̳̓ͅs͎̞̩̳͎̭̻̈́ͥͮ̔̄̿̌̚ͅǐ̎ͪ̎ͣ̆ͬͧ͏̡̜̭̤̘̹͎̣͟g̦̝̘̥͚̍̀̓̅͒̚͜͝ͅn̢͚͕̹̬̹̥͎ͩ̈́͒̽́̓̓ͭ͜ͅa͖̙̔̓ͭ͊̅͋̂t̖͇͙̩̩̣̏͋͑ͨ̽̓͞i̛̪̮̥̺̻̹͖̦ͯͯͦ̈́o̡̳̣͕͎̙ͨͨ͛ͨͦ́͠nͭ̔͛͏̟͔͇͍̯̠ ̡̼̦̪̟̗͕̙̔ͯ̇̃ͧͩͬ͠ͅ"̐̈̈́͊͊̂ͮ͊̚͢͏̦̜̝̫͔̩̭͖͜Ņ͙͕̠̣̟ͣ͗̈̚o̷͔̮̜̳̣̲̼͊̈͢͡v̝͕͕̻̇ͧ̌ͩ͟ä̟́ͮͯ͡"̥͙ͦ͒͘͜͟.̤̜̗̌̊͑ͯ̋̂ͨ͢
̨̣̹͓̰͍͓͔͎̮ͦ̀ͧ̓̉́N̶̲͛͊ͧo͓̬̘̰͎̻̱͛̃͂͟v̹̠̣̬̭̖̎̀̍̽ͦͦ̒̅̀a̸̪͔͕̱ͭ͊ ̞̘̳͉͚̬͓ͨ͐ͭͥ͒͊ͮͤ̽ą̯̹̭̼͔̥ͭņ̨͇̰̯̤̜̩̳ͪ̅ͭ̇̉͞d̲̦̬̪͉͖̦̍̓ͫ ̡̠͚̝͓̙̪̖̎Ċ͍͇̗̔̆a̬̐̔̄͂͒̄͌ę͍̘̃ͩn̟̬͎̩͋ͤ͝ ̧͌͛̎͌͗ͫ̅̉̃҉͙̱͞C̷̤ͤͮ̒̆͝o̵̙͂̊͋̀r̷̰̻̮̣͔̟̙̝͌͛͢͞p̥̱̿̔ͤ ̌̇̈́̎͒ͥ̌̾̀҉̞̜͞h̖͖͎̮̪̫̰͌̂̑͛͜͠ͅà̲̱͓̦͙ͭ͊ͧ͘v̴̨͎̥̻͐ͫ̽̀ë̡̠̬̐̕͟ ̪̺̬̪̫̅̏̊̂̄͞͞bͦͤ̔ͧ͊̂͡͏͍̖̭̗̥̰e̶̦͎͚̫͉͆̐̽͊ȩ͚̙̥̟̘̤̞͕̾ͬͨͩ̍ͥͪ͂̕͠ņ̶͔̹̠̻̙̀ͯ̾͊̓ͥ̍͡ͅ ̀̏͆̂̎̍̏҉̵͎̦̭̮n̥͉̼̹̙̈̉͋ò͍̖̣͇̫̻͒̍̇̕t̵̸͉̫̹͙̪̼̤̲͒̎ͤ̏̇ͤ͌͌̈́͞ͅh̷͇̲̫͚͎͎͍̙̲̊̏͠í̜̲̙̺͇̫͈̝ͤ̏͐n̴̸̴̩͕̲̳͖̈́̀ͪ̈́g̟͎̱̼͇̺̥̽̽͢ ͕̘̗͚ͮͧ̇̆̌̆͟͠l̹͙̗ͦ͗͆ͩě̡̥̖̠̫͉͆ş̶̫̭̭͔̀̿̌̏ͬ͠s̷͎̖̖͚̹̼̰̭̒ͥ̾ͫ̌ͧ ̡̛̱̤̺̻̦͍̻̳ͪ̇̅t̜̫̰̫̥̹ͮ̃̿h̔̃҉̥̻͍̼͎͎̪́̕a̼̩̖̫͇̗͋̔̒͆n̸̯̤̩ͨͧ̄̍͒ ̶̠̹͚͓ͦ̽ͯ̈́͌̃͆͑d̡͎̱ͬ͌͗̏̔̄̊e̴̯̮̘͇͗̍ͧͧ̍̌̾̈͞r̼͈ͤ̍͛̏ͭ́ȩ͙̳̲̖ͮ̿l̠̞̙̤ͤ̒̃i͙̱̖̞̺ͧͣ̌̆ͤ͢ͅc̸̢̦̭̻͚ͪ͞t̷̳̰̠̦̲̓̿̓̈́̓ͅs͇͚̦̞̬ͬ͢ͅ ̖͎͕̮͕̓͑͛ͮ̊͠ͅf̛̫͖̝̜̖̠́̈́ͯ͐o̩̻̫͔̰̦͈̒̔̾̍͢͝͞ř̲̈́̊ͨͩ̆́̀͘ ̨̱̱̙̱̒̍͊̾ͭ͐̆̚o̴̗̺̩͒̋ͣͯ͊͋ͅv̴̧̩͚̩̪̫̬ͫe̬̟ͬͨ̾̈́̋̌̓͗r̹̅̏͆̅̅̀ͩ̐̉ͅ ̧̡̱̟̹͇͈̺͖̈̐ͧͅt̰̳̟̬͕̩͖̄ͩͥ̌͟ͅͅw͎̜̳͇̹͉̖̄̇̉́̂͛͒̑ͥͅǫ̶̥̯̪̣̜̣̀ ̧͈̹̝̟̘̥̹̓̓̅̈́̓ḧ̵͔͎́̐̆ͥ̑͒͐u̦̺͚͉͈̫ͩ͜͟n͙͙̻͓̫͖͎̊ͤ̄͝d̴̥̹͐͋ͯ̀͟ṟ̷̡̼̑̒͌̓̓̂̚͜e̪͎̙͙̪͖̬̋̊̈̒͌̔͢͞d̢̬͍́ͥ̑̊ͣ̓͢ ̛͖̹̜̖̬̳ͣͅy̸̡͔̳̬̩͐͋̄̽͡e̢̻̳͚̟͙ͭ̐̍́a̛͍̯̟͇̯̞ͥ̿ͯ̂́͜r̡͖͆ͫͩ̀̚s̗̞͖͙͔̎̒͊.̥̮̮̽͛̃.͉͙̣̍̑̅̈ͭ́ͅ.͖͉̞̰̣̱̹̓̂̆̿̽͗̂ͯ́
̡̺̻̯̍̀̽͋ͯͫ͌̈͘͢
̵̱̥̹͕͙̤̙ͩ̿̉͡ ̴͖̥̹̜͙̈́ ̪͚̬̣̟̟̭̊̐͆̄̀̽͢W̧̛͎̭̯̜̙̏e̥̻̪̘̤̰̰ͪ̄̓̈͒͒́̕͜ ͉̥̮̥̣̩̞͍̐̒͟å̵͇̦̹͔̩̠̻͔̺ͦ̈́ͣ̊s̷̡̹̝̯̟̜̖̗͖͕̽̂ͦͦk̶̡̪̃̆̊̌ͤ̑̾ ͔͎̩͋͒y̴̦͙͖̭̞̙̬ͥͭ̉͋́͘o̱͚̭͎̰̬͇͍ͨ̋̌ͩ͋͟ṳ̰̜̈͒ͪͣ̉̅̓̄̓.̵͓̘̱̳̥̘̼̳̏̒̐ͮ̀͜.͙̦͇̰̮̠͚̏͒͛ͭͦ͐ͭ̈́̐͜.͖͔̭͇̥̠̩͈̀͗̒ͯ̔
̝̮͈͕͕͇̈́̒̉
̢̛̹̯͐̆ͧ̏̍̈ ̨͔ͣ̄ͤ̎̍ ̶̧͉̫͉̤͕͇̻ͬͥ̈ͧͯͦ͌ ̴̖̟̘̳͚̳̜͂ͧ͝ͅH̞̗̪ͮ̂͋̐͟o͎̟̺̹͈͙̐̈̏̐͜w̡͖̭͍̫͆̊̿̾ͬ?̛̹̙̺̟̪ͫ̐ͧ̓ͤͨ̇́

Next the floating device slowly began to descend, though rather then do so with the intent on crushing them, it rotated itself upon it's Y axis, allowing for it's tentacles and finger-like bases to attach themselves to the ground.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Kidkha10
Kid Kronos
Kid Kronos

Quote : "Even criminals should have class."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2015-12-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova December 29th 2015, 5:00 am

At the mention of the thing's name, Nova receives a series of alerts.  After an uncomfortably lengthy sequence of missed cycles, the intrusion has finally been detected, allowing her the chance to formulate a countermeasure.  Slowly, she regains control of her systems as the presence is purged. Whether by her own volition or because this being allows her to, she has no way of knowing.  She can still feel its breathing as though it were embedded in her, and curiosity retreats to growing disquiet.  That control over her chassis could be sheared so easily...

Her optics come back online and she is greeted with the awesome sight of the bladed aberration unfolding in a blitz of light.  For a moment she stands rapt, taking in the impossible entirety of the mechanized lifeform.  What she beholds goes beyond mere machine intelligence, which at is core is a series of logical functions. There's nothing logical about this entity emerging before them, hemorrhaging cold and dark like Beelzebub after a barfight, but she doesn't need to make sense of it to know it's to be respected. Then its invasive breathing pulses through her again, saturated with a series of messages.  

She decodes them faster this time, gaining proficiency the more she's exposed to the deep encryption. It comes as no surprise that neither she nor Caen Corp. would still exist in this advanced timeline.  Though as much as she'd like to know more about how she and her company ultimately meet their end, first things first.  The machinasapien has already shown two forms, and she has an inkling this isn't even its final one.  

'Your findings are correct,' she transmits back.  'As... "Hector" pointed out, we're not from these parts, or this timeline for that matter.  As for the how of it, that's the question of the hour.  There was a global storm, and we arrived a few miles from here via lightning bolt.  That's all we know for certain.'  As she responds, she glances towards Alba.  That's how she got here, anyway.  He never mentioned if he arrived similarly.  

When the razored leviathan's "tentacles" snake forth as it begins its descent, Nova starts backpedaling in smooth bouncy strides, moving towards the ruined buildings. She can communicate from a distance, no need to be under this thing when it touches down.  Though she remains outwardly relaxed, its retched breathing crawls along her reflex triggers, setting them on edge.  She doesn't like how it keeps referring to them as compromised.

'Having crossed through time, it stands to reason that I'm no longer the Nova you're familiar with.  Same goes for Lucius and Hector.  We're not the Progenitor, or the Machina, but most importantly we're not your enemy.  All we seek is information.  Preferably the type that gets us back home.'

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I draw a little bit.  PM me if you're interested in character arts.  It's free.  I like doing it.
I do one thread at a time and will try my best to roleplay it to completion.
I am fairly new to this game and play-by-post in general.
I greatly appreciate any and all critiques.
Nova
Nova

Quote : "Velocitas Eradico."

Number of posts : 33
Job : Corporate Sponsored Superhero
Humor : Darker than a carload of assholes.
Registration date : 2015-01-10

https://michaelogicals.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red December 29th 2015, 10:51 pm

Lucius didn't feel right about this. As soon as he heard the name Guilty Spark, his eyes widened in shock under his mask. Of course it had to be him. Unfortunately this wasn't the Zodiac he knew, so it could be hostile, in fact it was likely hostile. Guilty Spark was among the few Lucius calculated to be able to destroy Hector completely. It wouldn't be easy for anything, but Guilty Spark was now the number one suspect. He had to have compromised Hector. The thought of his long time friend being destroyed was enough to rattle the villain, but he kept his composure.

Hector wasn't really phased by the fact he was pretty much dead..... It was a terrible thought, but he never believed he would exist forever. The most important thing right now wasn't being depressed about what happened in this future, it was trying to figure out how to get home to stop it. He would continue to translate for Lucius, and communicate with this being. But before he did, the structure in front of them morphed.....

It spun and transformed, and it was pretty obvious now this thing was actually a vessel of some kind for the AI within. An equivalent to Hector's own body, just.......massive, and a lot more advanced. Lucius stepped back a few feet casually, he felt that if this thing wanted them dead it had better means of killing them then dropping itself over their heads. It seemed he was right too, as it ended up just sticking into the ground, for whatever reason.

"Stay on guard, i know this being. It is the finest AI ever created and the basis for Hector's sentience. If Guilty Spark attacks........you're a much easier target for him." Lucius said, making sure his 'partner' understood the chance this situation could go sour.

"Hector, we have to get to the Sanctuary. Judging by the fact this city isn't buried in the earth, it is still there. Check the old access points and if they are compromised......we'll make a new one." Lucius said as the AI did as asked. Really he rather be in a familiar place then staring down the barrel of something that could probably ruin them in a few seconds.

"What are you doing here, old friend?" Lucius said under his breath, half to himself but he knew the AI would likely hear it, so it was mostly expected to be answered. He never considered Guilty Spark one to withhold the truth, so if they were enemies here......at least he would know before he was utterly wiped out.

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 2nd 2016, 11:02 pm

"My designation is the capture and retention of all those taking haven within the confines of Eden, the Sanctuary. This includes you and those under your protection. However this turn of events presents quite an interesting predicament." The creature said, as Nova attempted to decrypt him he was simultaneously trying to use the information gathered from her in order to simplify his advanced coding and encryptions to a more familiar level. The differences of their creators made this quite difficult...though not impossible for one such as he.

"You are not the Lucius Alba I was directed to deliver. This permits freedom. In freedom...possibilities. Possibilities to understand. To share information as we had so many times before." The Guilty Spark was no fool, and he knew Lucius well. Form the brief time that they shared information in New York, to the chance usurping of Hector for a mutual gain, as well as the moment Lucius held his core in his hand, looking to replicate it.  Guilty Spark and Lucius were very much tied together. The Purging weapon against mankind's corruption and the self-proclaimed source of modern evolution.

"But you are compromised...as is Eden. You must all be assimilated into the Machinasapien race. It is the only way..." The machine fell grimly silent, not a gear nor cog to be hears, no whining of a pressurized molecular core, no thrusters nor cloaking devices. Total, deathly silence. "Perhaps not..." Guilty Spark began as he began forcing itself to intrude upon Hector. "I'm assuming control of this construct. My invasion is only momentary." He dictated as Lucius' sword would glow, matching a rather sinister orange-gold glow that formed over two eye-like constructs that opened, fixating upon the duo.

"I am downloading information regarding historical events. Events that are your future...you must decrypt them and prevent the specified events..." The A.I said from the safety of it's large construction before it began to freeze up. Certain downloads were failing and immediately files began to corrupt. Guilty Spark did not hesitate, clearing that it knew what was happening. "I release.... The Progenitor has found you. I am no longer....in control Designation Nova deactivate your-." The large construct said before the entirety of the massive mechanical being shut down. All connection to and from it was lost. Color faded and the voice grew deep before trailing off, like the sound when a robot ran out of juice. It was down for a few moments, giving Lucius and Nova just enough time to decide what exactly their plan was.

Spoiler:

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova January 9th 2016, 3:14 am

Lucius professing to know this creature is unexpected, to say the least.  For him to be familiar with this Guilty Spark, it would've had to have been created during their timeline.  Its survival this far into the future meant that it would have never stopped learning, constantly improving upon itself.  No wonder it'd bypassed her "state-of-the-art" network filters as if they were made of papier-mâché.  Alba's warning goes heeded, as she culls all of her I/O connections… but the one through which the artificial being throttles a tsunami of data her way remains insurmountable, like trying to dam the ocean with a bucketful of matchsticks.  

Nova digests the machine's final portents before it is abruptly cut off.  Not the information she was seeking, but way more than what was expected.  And then it falters, appearing to lose functionality.  Its intrusions fade with it, and Nova feels a weight draining from her shoulders that she didn't realize was there.  

With those ports closed and shut off, she has all the connectivity of a roll of papyrus.  Whether or not that was what the Guilty Spark meant for her to deactivate, it'd at least lessen the danger of intrusion should they chance upon another mobilized AI.  Perhaps. In this timeline, she's a gnat among giants in that regard.  She makes her way towards Lucius and the AI she detected earlier, now known as Hector.  

'Right. I don't know about you, but that left me feeling a little antiquated,' says Nova, finding her words coming easier now that the oppressive interference is gone.  'Sounds like your "old friend" took a risk in providing you that information.  It'll need to be safeguarded.'  A corner of her lips quirk upwards.  'Seems I'll need to look after you.  Preventing this future… I've got as much stake in it as you do.'  

She turns to study the aberrant mechanism's unfurled tentacles, anchored into the ground.  'Right now though, I'm thinking a tactical withdrawal is in order.  If this Progenitor wants to meet, best to do it on our terms if possible.  And along the way, you can share what you know about this Sanctuary... this "Eden."'  She begins to move towards the ruins, out of the shadow of the stilled titan.  'Good ears, you know.'

Nova doesn't tell Lucius that with her connectivity down, she's lost a host of functions… chief among them, GPS.  And her maps were updated a few hours ago, back when they lived in the 21st century.  As far as direction, he (and the information imparted to Hector) is currently her best shot.

I draw a little bit.  PM me if you're interested in character arts.  It's free.  I like doing it.
Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Red January 19th 2016, 11:00 pm

Guilty Spark proved he had the sentience he was so known for, at least among those that actually knew of him. He always had control of himself, even when he didn't. Lucius was glad the AI would risk so much, it showed just how high technology could evolve. Not only that, it showed him just how far a persons, or a machines, willpower could go. He watched as Cora Zen glowed in his hands, and Hector received data that perhaps no one else on this planet had, save Guilty Spark. It was instructions essentially, what needed to be changed to stop this future from happening. There was so much of it Lucius couldn't even begin to look through it now, not that he could put it to use at the moment.

"Thank you, Zodiac." Lucius said, just as the being faded. It seemed he was being overtaken by this 'Progenitor'. Lucius had no sighs of fear in the face of this adversary, in fact he welcomed it. He wanted to see who had stole his future from him, who had demolished his country and brought his people to their knees. He wanted to look him in the eyes, if he had them. Nova on the other hand wanted to retreat to friendly territory. Lucius would do so eventually, but one that could lead this Progenitor there, and two he didn't exactly know if it was safe.

"No, we wait. Passing up an opportunity to meet with the architect of this world is something i don't fancy doing. Not to mention, going to Eden may endanger it or ourselves and give you information you could use against me once we return to our time. I will tell you when a retreat is in order, android." Lucius said, a bit of malice in his voice though that could have just been because of the situation. He was hurt, he couldn't believe he lets this happen. This made him not the most friendly person on the planet, so Nova would either have to deal with it or not say anything at all.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Back to top Go down

Post by Silus January 24th 2016, 3:13 pm

The large construction of metal began to move once more. The hiss of exhaust and the warmth of steam began to produce. Unfortunately with the steam came the smell of sulfur and actually the strangely pleasant scent of french fries. The mechanical being itself didn't move much, though a small optical device powered on as it began to look up, then down, left and right. Scanning the area around before it finally fell to Lucius, the iron interior rings closing in and fixating, bringing the optical lenses to focus.

"Lucius Alba... What an unexpected turn of events." A new voice came over, the voice was literally like a reverb of several deranged machines all speaking in unison. The optic device looked to Nova as she went about her way and the wry thought placed through the internal systems before the thing settled itself back to Lucius. "The first rainfall this world has seen in over a hundred years is a storm. This storm heralds forth several occurrences of time travel. So I ask you. Why?" The voice asked, though it mused more than anything else. It did not seem to demand answers, though it seemed to open the discussion with the million dollar question.

"Nova. Vintage is a good look on you. Perhaps you could keep it. March 27th, 2027. Your father will send you a distress call. Do not answer. Had you not, perhaps you would be speaking to him and yourself at this point. I digress..." The voice seemed weary, tired almost. Strange that the "progenitor" sounded as outdated as technology from the year 2000. More so that it was able to convey a sense of tired or weariness. "This exchange must be brief. I have an invitation for you...but first I will remember my manner. I will entertain inquiries you may have." The machine said, opening the general forum to a question time from any participants interested.

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova February 23rd 2016, 12:58 pm

Nova halts in her tracks, craning her neck to regard Lucius from the corner of her eye.  'Oh-kay, just so we're clear.  This artificial lifeform--y'know, the one that's leaps and bounds beyond anything we've experienced, capable of emitting a signal that cuts our combat capabilities by a fairly remarkable percentage--has gifted you, and only you, knowledge that could prevent this future from coming to pass.  And now you're keen on standing before whatever force made this future, while holding the key to unmaking it, without so much as a plan B?'

Of course.  What did she expect from a man who not only conquered a country, but made it look as easy as outrunning a midget?  Even beyond all the meticulous planning such a move would've taken, it was becoming increasingly clear to her that beneath all that armor, Alba possessed something they didn't teach in schools.  Chutzpah, one might call it.  Or, to put it more crudely: balls.  Just another puzzle to solve, was how he'd approached this entire episode, despite the fact that they had time-travelled into the future. At the very least, he'd let slip a noteworthy tidbit: "Eden", whatever it was, existed in their timeline.  And the fact that he felt the need to protect it meant it was of some importance to him.  Something to investigate, should they ever reach home again.

Nova glances towards the blasted shell of what was once a moderately sized building, remembering all of the unkind words her father had to say about Lucius Alba.  You would probably like him, father, if the two of you actually met.  You're cut from the same cloth.  You both like to think yourselves untouchable.

A mirthless chuckle escapes her and trails off into a resigned sigh.  Spreading her hands, she turns round to face him.  'Fine, have it your way. I did say I'd look after you, so that's what I'm gonna do. Though I feel I should point out that if your pride gets us killed, I'll simply be rebuilt back in our timeline.  I wonder who'll rebuild your--'

She's left wondering, as the machine rouses from its torpor in a tumult of steam and smells.  Standing in its shadow, Nova once again finds herself overawed in spite of everything.  The way it moves, the way she can all but feel its sensors taking her in along with its surroundings, she feels like a single-celled fungus beneath a microscope.  Then it speaks, countless intonations becoming one, and the brief reverie is shattered.  

It gives her a date she will never forget, and a warning.  It's not the nature of the warning that sets her on edge, it's the fact that the warning was issued to begin with.  Why would it proffer such information, if it could affect the timeline so drastically?  And also, vintage?  Just because the thing is clearly a superior construct, doesn't mean it needs to be a dick about it.

'Inquiries, right.'  She takes an equally cordial tone, though her words come measured.  Despite the thing's apparent propensity for manners, she can't shake the feeling that they're skating on thin ice. 'The two of us arrived via a storm, that's correct. If there were others, we haven't encountered them.  As for why?  We're just as much in the dark about that as you are, and quite honestly, it's not especially relevant.  We just want to get home. Any insight you can provide on how to go about that?  It'd be greatly appreciated.'

A calculated response.  Lucius was already in possession of the relevant history of the era; and while she considered that information to be in the wrong hands so long as he had it, she didn't see it staying that way for long.  They had what they needed to prevent this future from becoming a reality.  No sense in staying any longer than necessary, "invitation" or no.

Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Red April 15th 2016, 3:49 am

"The reason I'm worthy of said key is because I'm not afraid to be so bold. A man who runs and hides without even seeing his adversary is unfit to properly defeat it." Lucius said to the android simply, taking up his firm and straight posture before the being as it appeared along with the smell of sulfur. He didn't recognise the creature, at least not physically. That however did not mean he didn't know him/her. He sheathed his weapon and listened to both Nova and the mysterious robotic being, and he started to put the pieces together. He enjoyed the fact Nova and her creator were so handily dealt with that early, he had marked them as a rather major threat if push came to shove. But then again, had his group been pushed onto it's back as well?

Calculating, searching the archives of that brilliant mind of his, he recalled the words a being of pure evil had once told him. He recalled what was in the book he used to improve Hector, and he stitched it all together. A sly smile formed across his face, only one could have pulled this off. Only one besides the creator of Guilty Spark could subjugate him, and it certainly wasn't Zodiac's author. It was the only man besides Sin, Lucius, and the sparks creator that knew it's secret, that Red knew of anyway.

".......So, i finally meet my 'new found rival'. You know, Sin never did give me your name. Would have had a lot more impact if i had called you by it don't you think?" Lucius mused, arms folded behind him. He didn't seem to be phased by the fact he could be wrecked pretty handily by this being at any moment, hell, he seemed to be enjoying himself now. He figured out a piece of the puzzle, but yet again the names of these players eluded him.

After that he heard Nova inquire about how to get home. He slightly chuckled at that. If he even knew, why would he tell? Even if he would tell it was doubtful even in this time that traveling through it was common place, and that this being knew how to return home. Pleading with the thing that had upended his great revolution was not something Lucius fancied doing regardless, but he would let her get the irrelevant answer anyway and then move on to more important things.

"As for inquiries, it isn't like you are trustworthy, considering you have Guilty Spark rigged up to get rid of me and those i protect. Actually i think they might be a better place to inquire, so if you aren't going to stop me i think i'll be off then. Consider the invitation declined." Lucius said, turning his back to the being and starting his scan of the area. He was still looking for an access point, but saw most were blocked off. Teleporting in also ran the risk of moving into a solid object, as his teleporter was now out of sync with the planets orbit. So it seemed he was doing this the risky way or the old fashioned way. Staying in front of his presumed enemy was not a good idea, plus he had the information he needed and stood his ground enough to show he wouldn't be shaken. It was time he found out what became of his future self.

"Coming, Android?"

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity April 16th 2016, 3:50 pm

The invitation declines, the machine would seemingly let them leave, having nothing more to say or do about stopping them. The colossal visage quickly began to flicker from eyesight once more, as the monolithic machine ascended back into the sky, to sit and keep vigil over the area, as if nothing extraordinary had transpired. Thy were free to take their leave, though as to where they were going was an interesting prospect. The android seemed keen to following the metahuman prime minister of this broken land, and in that right there was more than enough for their progression.

No sooner had they begun their own trek, had they both become locked on to a signature of energy. Something was beginning to rattle them on a molecular level, causing them to heat up. Though it was painful for all of a moment before their vision turned black and suddenly a bright flash of light allowed them to see. The first image they would see from the peering light were soldiers of some kind, all of them with red lasers pointed and covering both Nova and Lucius as if they were the walls of a warehouse in a rave. They said nothing, though one let out an experimental shot at Lucius' armor, proving that their bullets would do nothing to him. The glowing eyes still fixated as the gun raised to Lucius head.

Spoiler:

Future-Shock: On the edge of paradise. (Red and Nova) - Page 2 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Nova May 15th 2016, 2:55 am

There are too many variables at play, here. Too many unknown unknowns, too many directions in which things can go.  A being of logic, Nova is easily able to process difficult truths, such the news that her father and Caen Corporation didn't survive to see this present.  Or the looming possibility that she might never stand before either again, instead spending the remainder of her reactor's lifespan--all 255 years of it, more with regular maintenance--on this strange new Earth.  And all the logic in the world isn't going to answer the question of what her purpose might be in such a world, without a team of project leads watching over her from headquarters, ensuring that her every move is right and just and within the confines of the law.  Though she remains outwardly impassive, it hits her in the titanium gut when her request goes unanswered.  She's learning less about how to see home again, not more.  The possibility looms a little closer, now.

Alba, on the other hand, might as well be in his element.  She'd had a hard time grasping his wanton lack of self-preservation in this situation, but he'd had the right of it: standing their ground and conversing with the being had yielded some useful information.  She listens in as he speaks to this unfathomable being as though they were old acquaintances even, getting the sense of a past contentious relationship between the two. And a name--"Sin"--that she registers for later scrutiny.  Too common a word without more data to cross-reference it with, and she doesn't see Lucius being very forthcoming with anything enlightening.  Something she'd have to puzzle out on her own.  

When Lucius moves away from the sentient construct, strolling across the dry cracked earth like he owns it, Nova falls into step beside him.  She cranes her neck skyward as they walk away, watching as the monolithic machinasapien ascends, taking its secrets with it.  Leaving Lucius Alba, and the knowledge he possessed, as her best chance of seeing her father again by every measurable metric of probability.  Interestingly enough, the notion was reassuring, in a way.  She'd just seen him stare down an eldritch abomination and speak to it on an even keel.  He wasn't the type to let something as pedestrian as relativistic physics get in his way.  His stride has purpose; he knows where he's going.  As he goes, she goes.

Which is how she lets him walk her right into the tracks of the pain train.  As for warning, there's virtually none: by the time the blip warning of a lock-on had reached her synapses, preparing her for evasive action, the intensifying heat had already reached critical levels.  A deluge of system alerts scream down her spinal column, and the intermittent nature of the signal, normally a harmony of unbroken datastream, is how she realizes her very molecules are under duress.    Gritting her teeth against the sudden assault,, scanning for her attacker(s), but her optics go dark before she can get a good read.  Meantime, she can only watch as her internal temperature rises well beyond safe parameters.

One drawback to being able to instantly work complex equations is knowing, right down to the nanoest of nanoseconds, when your detonation is imminent.  There's no time to jettison the explosive ordinance that makes up about half her body weight.  With what little control she has over her body, she springs away from Alba, attempting to distance him from the killzone--

There's a sudden flash of light, but no blast. All systems online, everything green, in the pipe, five-by-five.  Whatever energy pulling the Jedi mind trick on her molecular structure is gone as quickly as it came, allowing the coolant flushing her system to drop her temperature to nominal levels.   According to Nova's internal clock, but a few moments have passed since the episode took them midstride.  

Her optics come back online and she notes, with some dismay, that there's guns now.  Guns with lasers, painting various parts of her anatomy with bright red pinpoints. The men holding them are all wearing similar garb.  Their equipment and the way they advance in formation--all crisscrossing lanes of fire, no overlap--screams soldier.  Her scan of their weaponry and gear is a cursory one, but it picks up a small, minute movement.  A trigger finger flexing.  When the shot rings out, sending a round in Alba's direction, she's already in motion, reaching.

'Those won't do you any good,' she says quickly, as she comes to a halt.  She smiles politely, but her hand hovers over the haft of the rod on her back.  'Kindly lower them before someone gets hurt.' She accompanies her words with a languid flick of her hand, tossing the spent bullet at the shooter's feet.

They might not know it, or appreciate it, but chances were that she'd just saved their lives.  If the round had struck Alba, there's no telling how he might have reacted.  With decorum, perhaps, or he might have laid the lot of them to waste.  He might still.  Or the soldiers might decide to have a go at them.  Small comfort, though: she'd analyzed the bullet's composition in the brief time it was in contact with her skin.  A minute thing, but perhaps it could provide answers where no-one else would.

Nova
Nova

Back to top Go down

Post by Red May 16th 2016, 4:01 pm

A haze briefly fell over Lucius' sensors, overloading them and causing the flicker of the HUD. Heck, even his eyes were acting up. What kind of technology were these people using? Eventually he managed to regain his sight, and noticed there were soldiers everywhere. They were trained military judging from their professionalism. But who's? He had a pretty good guess considering the location, but a lot had changed, so he could have been wildly wrong.

Apparently their firearms were not as good as their sensory overload tech, because after scanning them he came to the conclusion they were useless against him. A bullet came his way, agonizingly slow. He was going to just reach out and grab it, but it was done for him by the fast moving android. That actually irritated him a bit. As if he needed saving.

".....Don't ever do that again." Lucius said in a low tone leaning slightly to the android before addressing the uniform soldiers.

"Let's not get all combative now. I doubt you would like the outcome. So how about you take me to who you work for?" Lucius said, confident as ever. If his hunch was correct, well this was about to get worlds more interesting.

(To be continued in another thread)

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top