The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_voting_barFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_vote_lcapFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_voting_barFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 Empty Re: From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Stoic December 22nd 2015, 11:41 pm

Oh jesus, she used the 'drifts along' line. He knew he shouldn't have used that username. Some people used it as an opportunity to be horribly annoying, it almost felt like one of Rory's bad puns. But moving on, he gave the bouncer a dirty look and followed the woman. She could have been a stripper, but judging by her attitude, clothing, and the fact she just told the greeter to lay off, she was some kind of owner. This was perhaps the person he was here for, though how she knew it was him who set the meeting up he didn't know.

At this point he couldn't turn back, so he walked after the woman and into the club. Music was blaring and strippers were dancing, obviously. People were drunk, and those that weren't drunk were acting like they were. Totally not the place he wanted to be to discuss this.

"Can we go somewhere a little less.....um, full of strippers and drunk people?" He asked the woman, hoping she had an office or something. Even a basement or closest would be better then this annoying place.

Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 Empty Re: From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Humanity December 26th 2015, 4:04 pm

The second he heard the name Kahn he stiffened. Immediately Matt leaned forward from his bed and got to his knees, trying to balance himself on the mattress as he moved forward towards Pat. His hand reaching out quickly he'd grab at Pat's collar and twist it, trying to stand him upright and glare at him. Unfortunately he couldn't move too quick...despite his rising anger he needed to make sure that no one was suspicious...then again with Humanity having been seen since he was in a coma... he should have been safe from suspicion.

If he successfully managed to hold Pat up in the intimidating way he wanted to or not, he hoped to utilize his flinching and "abused child" mentality against him and bully a response from him. "Do I know-!? Who told you about Kahn? You think this is a fucking game!? Who told you about Kahn! How did you know?" He barked, though immediately he realized just how mad he was getting. He'd have to force himself to calm down, and force himself to let go of Pat...if he even got a hold of him.

"No, fuck that. Fuck you. That's not funny." He said before he plopped back into his bed and reached for his phone, quickly sending out a brief text message. When he finished he reached over and took out a set of car keys from his pocket. and looked to Pat again. "Fine, here. I'll play along. Here's keys to a buddy's car. Gimmie your cell phone. I'll put Luke's phone on GPS." He said, obviously spiteful and angry, as if Pat had done something to offend him, or irritate him intentionally...which was probably rather strange...

-------

"Of course. I wouldn't dream of doing business in an environment such as this." She assured Lukas as best she possible could by saying as little as she could. After leading them through the establishment around the sides and out of view, she approached a an by a door, whom opened it for her and allowed her to walk back into a rather nice, cozy area. The nice, home style feel was endearing enough and somehow humble and simplistic enough as well. To be honest the most expensive thing in the room was probably the dress she was wearing. Grey carpet, with a silvery bordering near the faintly grey ceiling and walls. The walls all had some form of hand painted decoration on them, rather well done but nothing overly worth note. The woman went to one of the comfy leather chairs and sat herself down, crossing her legs as she waited for Lukas to make himself comfortable.

"Okay. Now down to business. You want to get rid of Kahn, am I right?" She asked as she took in a little inhale, then sipping from her drink. While it's true Lukas never said anything about getting rid of him...this woman seemed to know. That was perhaps shocking, perhaps not. Though how she knew was something perhaps worth looking into. Then again it was up to Lukas.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) - Page 3 Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 28th 2015, 8:42 pm

Being grabbed by the collar was not a response that was expected and yet here it was happening. Discomfort was there but for the most part either crippling anxiety or fear cropped up more prominent, mostly because he had no idea why Matt was acting like he was right now. Did he knew something about this Khan guy that he did not know about, and was it as bad as he thought it was? They sounded pretty damn mad, enough that a response was not exactly something that he could drum up and in fact doing anything beyond not pissing himself was the only thing he could do. "F...f....f..from the detective guy." Within a minute his shirt was free with the grip once again, leaving him to falling against the wall slightly, painfully aware of the sound of his heart thumping in his chest.

If something like that could scare him, well that made everything else force itself into perspective. Either he was a massive coward or Matt was really scary. He however found himself being presented with some keys, which made everything so much more awkward. Maybe Matt was now taunting him or making fun of him, which was fucked up enough to make him chuckle. "What am I suppose to do with these? Drive the car into a ditch? I'm a shit driver and you know that. If this is some kind of joke, it's real fucking funny Matt." Now that the fear was ebbing, all he felt was anger. Enough that he just left the room.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic December 29th 2015, 1:44 am

Well, this lady got straight to the point. Not that Luke minded......but it was a bit shocking. How she knew he wanted rid of Kahn, well, he didn't know. But then again it was really a 50/50 chance, and a reasonably intelligent person could make an educated guess. The back room was a lot less full of crappy music and distractions, so Luke was pleased with that.

"What gave me away?" Luke said, sticking his arms up and smiling. Probably not the wisest move to just blatantly say that, but honestly he didn't give a shit. If these people were going to kill him they would have already.

"But I'm not here to be your hitman, miss." Luke said as he lit up a cigarette, not even caring if it wasn't allowed or something along those lines.

"This is personal, and i hope to be done with it as soon as possible, so tell me what you want." Luke said, blowing smoke and brushing it away with a cough.

"You guys haven't even offered me a drink yet, such an excellent way to treat a guest." Luke said. Honestly he didn't want a drink, but he just felt like being an asshole.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity December 30th 2015, 10:13 pm

She listened to the young man attentively, examining his reactions and trying to read through him. She had one of the best teachers she could find, but even so there were some signs and signals that were easy to be misinterpreted. Lukas' child like reaction to smiling widely and sticking his arms up portrayed many messages all at once, and his following actions were equally blurry, fuzzy and overall a hard thing to navigate and align with his psyche. Or his psyche as best as the woman could estimate. Then calmly explaining that he was not her hit man before lighting up a cigarette was also a clarifying factor. The cough and the blowing of smoke gave the woman her own ideas on the man. Ultimately when she believed she ascertained his mind set and his thought processes she immediately did as she was taught. She played stupid.

"I normally wait to offer someone a drink until AFTER I know if they're going to try and kill me. But I suppose you seem just harmful enough." She said, though despite what one may have thought the phrasing was intentional. The man didn't hide his reason for being here, and he made himself quite clear. With a snap of her fingers a young bar tender came from around the bar with a note pad, the woman looked to Lukas and waited for him to speak his piece, putting the situation back on him. Go ahead and be a dick to the poor guys whose probably kept here against his will. As if his life isn't shitty enough.

"To all the other things you've said I can only say that... Someone whose not MY hit man is exactly what I'm looking for. As far as what I want well that's simple enough..." She said plain as could be, absolutely no reservation on what she said nor any remorse from what any discernable source could tell. "There are four types of people in this world. There's Sheep, Shepherds, Hunters and Wolves. I'm telling you that Kahn is a wolf if ever there's been one. Despite how people choose to see me I find myself to be a Shepherd... and I make it my personal business to deal with hunters such as yourself to get people like him out of our lives." She said looking to Luke. It wasn't flattery, one could see it in her passion alone that she truly believed the things she was telling Luke.

"What I want...is Kahn dead. But more specifically I want him to die in a way that equals his crimes. So... what I want is for you to make that bastard suffer as long as you can. Can you do that?" She asked, now leaning forward her hands on the table and her eyes piercing at Luke, almost demanding or perhaps oddly begging for him to agree to the condition.

-----

Well at least for once the son of a bitch was fighting back. To that end Matt held his ire inside, simply forcing himself to be content with the fact that his shitty driver of a friend stuck up for himself and quite possibly let Lukas drive off to his death. Though Matthew's mind continued to focus on one thing and one thing only. The name that kept repeating over and over again. Kahn. Kahn. Kahn...

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 30th 2015, 11:29 pm

Well that felt good...sorta. Okay, it didn't feel good at all, as the whole anger high thing began to fade and he was left with a sinking feeling within the pit of his stomach, either that he had messed up or this was just something that he would regret. The idea of losing a friend that he actually gave a damn about was not a feeling that he would like to dwell on too much. There was another problem, which was the fact that Luke was likely running into danger and there was no way that he could hope to help. That was when he had a moment to think, a few moments actually and...well he had no other choice. It was either take whatever it was Matt had to offer and run with it regardless of how shitty of a driver he was, or let Luke die.

The latter seemed less likely since he gave a damn about Luke, so he turned around and sighed. Jerking the door open, he expected Matt to be there and so he could get straight to the point. With cellphone extended forwards, he spoke. "No time to talk, do your magic with the phone." From there he could get things moving.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic December 30th 2015, 11:51 pm

Luke wasn't going to drink, at least not alcohol. Yadda yadda he gave that up yadda yadda. But he was going to get something, he just didn't know what would make the guys life the hardest.

"Coffee, quarter cup of skim milk for every eight ounces, and some cinnamon. Bag of chips would be nice too if you have them." Drifter said to the guy as he walked up with the notepad. Honestly he had no idea why he was trying to make things harder, but he was just in one of those moods. Sometimes he was a prick and sometimes he wasn't, really depended on the day.

The woman would go on to answer him, after the dude rather quickly brought him his snakes. He put out his cigarette and munched on chips as he listened to her, though you could see he did have interest in what she was saying......despite his seemingly nonchalant actions.

"Just make sure you stick to herding sheep, it doesn't work out well on hunters." Luke said simply, might as well get in on the analogy.

"But yes, I can do that. He'll suffer more then any man who has ever crossed me, because he hurt my friend. Not to mention he roped me back into this crap, i was almost done too....." Drifter said, sitting there as a few methods of torture passed through his mind. Usually those were just hypothetical ideas rolling through his thoughts, but now he might actually implement them.

"But i was going to do that anyway. You called me here to help me do it, to give me information, correct?" Luke finished. They could sit here all day and talk about wolves and sheep or they could get rid of the son of a bitch, and that's what he intended to do.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 1st 2016, 2:59 am

The woman was all too pleased with his answer, though she couldn't help but wonder what he had meant by Kahn had hurt his friend. The young man was far too old for this to have been a recent wound. She wouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth though, nor an angel upon black wings. The information was clear enough but more over she wanted to give this young man a little more of a bonus for his willingness to help. "Excellent. Kahn is a priest. He's in the old Alter sanctuary on the top of the Sea-side avenue. The old empty lot, nobody bothers there much. It's a Chruch in L.A after all." She finished it off before taking out a small slip of paper from a little pocket-purse at the side of the chair. She quickly slid it over and tapped it for a little emphasis.

"Before you leave you can feel free to take a look at the selection of toys some of our less... charasmatic presuaders make use of. Keep them if you want, or burn them when you've finished. Please and thank you." She said before sitting back, quite comfey in her chair and actually lookingbith amused and relieved. She was finally going to be rid of that creepy bastard. Anything else Lukas needed would be provided as he asked for it. As he was about to leave however the woman made a point to note something she found personally interesting, or amusing. "That name of yours is quite unique. If you ever decide to be professional make sure to use it so I know how to get in contact with you."

--------

"...." Matthew said absolutely nothing, just shooting Pat a look of "seriously?" before swiping the phone out of his hand, his fury quite prominent in the way the air whistled and the concussive force probably slapped through the phone and into the other man's hand. "I swear to God sometimes..." the grumbling continued in slurred and incoherent fragments due to sheer rage as he was happy his friend couldn't hear his rather strong comments.

"There, now drive." Matt said, taking a rather large risk on what he did there with the phone. Fortunately for Matt, the phone was leading Pat right to the same location.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 1st 2016, 11:05 pm

Incoherent slurring cursing aside, Matt would do their magic with his phone as they went about setting up his device to track Luke. Taking the device from Matt, he looked down and looked it over with a low hmm. "Thanks Matt. I'll find ourr dumbass friend and...stop them from doing dumbass things." He said with a nod, before running off as fast as one could without drawing attention within a hospital, eventually getting outside with his mind already racing over what to do. Looking down at the keys given him, he pressed a single button and followed the sound until he found it. From there, it was getting in the car, getting over anxiety and driving. Much easier thought than done but he ended up doing so, trying to follow the GPS as best as he could.

"Ew....church. Haven't been to one of them in a long while." He muttered to himself, as he drove up to said church, parking the vehicle somewhere before stepping out. Luke had to be somewhere around here, and so this was where he was supposed to start.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic January 2nd 2016, 11:16 pm

A priest? Interesting cover, but Drifter supposed it was a good one. No one looked at those types of people, even Luke as a Catholic could admit that. They DID get away with crimes all the fucking time, so yeah, guy probably knew what he was doing. As for using his 'unique' name, he probably would. In this line of work a name was your save game, your reputation. But then again that was assuming he would continue to do this, which he planned not to.

"I'll keep that in mind."Drifter said, tossing his garbage and setting his half drank coffee down. After that he sat up with a slight sigh, and moved toward where he was told the 'toys' were.

"I'll be on my way, then." He said just before walking into the room. What he found was a candy store of weapons, armor, and pretty much anything you could need in an operation. He smiled, grabbing a bag and starting to fill it with ammo, handguns, knives, frag and flash grenades, and finally a heavily modified AK-47. He also spotted some military grade flame gel, which was used to melt right through tanks when lit at times. With all this, he was ready, putting on his own armor when he got out to his vehicle

It only took around ten minutes to get there, and in all honesty this place looked like a normal church. Maybe then entering it normally would prove to be his best bet. He took off his mask, put a coat over the top part of his armor, and concealed his weapons in any way he could. Unfortunately he wasn't able to bring the big gun, but he would toss it in the bushes right outside just in case he ended up needing it. After that, he walked right in.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 3rd 2016, 2:03 am

Well here he was at a church but for what was never quite certain as he mulled over what he was doing in this supposedly holy of places. Granted, the validity of that holiness was something he would debate but not now when Luke's needed saving from evil Genghis Khan, or whatever it was his name was. It was something anyway, and they sounded like a pretty bad dude if they wanted to blow his friend up. After all, no one messed with his friends, they were sort of the only ones he had, making them dying something of a less desirable outcome. Death after all was something he had a fair taste of recently, a flavor that he would have wanted to avoid from now on. Minutes would tick slowly by as he looked around for where Luke was supposed to be and his eyes did fall upon a certain Luke....tossing a gun into the bushes.

Maybe parking a bit out of the way had its perks but then again that was not the point now. Approaching the male with hands buried into his pockets, Pat raised a single quizzical eyebrow at the blonde male. "Just gonna toss the gun into the bush? Might need that where you're going." He noted, breath hissing through his nostrils as bluish hazel eyes focused on the male intently. "Nice try in driving off though. Next time, maybe we can skip the whole stupid heroic sacrifice?" His annoyance bled through but it was what it was.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic January 3rd 2016, 2:30 am

Luke was about to go inside when he saw a face that he honestly should have expected to be here despite him not knowing how to fucking drive. The determination of this guy to follow along with shit was insane. Go home, take up a hobby like internet forum roleplay or something. Anything but following a much more skilled person around into deadly situations.

A few solutions rapidly shot through Luke's head, how could he get his friend to leave? Well, honestly the only way he would is if he had to. Luckily the hospital Matt was at wasn't too far from here, about a five minute drive if that..... So, he just smiled, walked forward, and attempted to give his friend a hug. He seemed to be totally friendly, with no hostile intent.

"Thanks for coming, it tells me you care about my safety.......... But i can't have you here......" Drifter said, turning his head and trying to cover Pat's face with his gauntlet clad hand. After that, a faint spray was heard, and likely felt in Pats mouth and nose.

"You have just been exposed to 1.3 milligrams of hydrogen cyanide, a none lethal dose if you get to the hospital within fifteen minutes. There they will give you the Cyanokit, and you'll be as good as new in no time. Better hurry though, in ten minutes you won't be able to move. Next time i drive off angry.......take the hint." Luke said, whether the dose actually hit his mark or not. After that he would walk inside like he was going to. Pat now had a choice, die like a bitch or listen to his friend.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 3rd 2016, 3:00 am

Luke seemed like they were not angry to see him anyway, not as it was expected anyway. Pat was expecting them to start just yelling and shouting at him in typical angry person fashion, but it looked like they were going to hug him. That made things even more difficult when they brought their hand up, a small spritzing sound causing him to force himself back from Luke. They had done something, dosed him with something that Luke went on to explain but his mind latched onto one word; cyanide. "You....poisoned me?" His tone was a mixture of anger, shock and tinged with what could be called hurt. His friend had dosed him with a lethal toxin in the vain hope that he would somehow be able to drive to a hospital and drag himself inside within ten minutes. "What the fuck Luke?!" It might have been okay if he wasn't panicking, but he just got poisoned, so he naturally...panicked.

"I thought we were friends but you're just going to fucking kill me with cyanide?" He felt...hot, that brought along sweat and made concentrating all the more difficult. His mind struggled to recall where the hospital was, and how he drove from here to there, as the heightened heart rate maybe caused all of this to go by quicker. "But yeah...i've got the message loud and clear." He could feel a measure of moisture gather around his eyes, but now wasn't the time. If they were going to poison him, likely they wouldn't care enough to turn back. As much as going after them seemed like it was nice, dying wasn't something he wanted to do and so he made his way to the car, fumbling with the keys which fell onto the floor taking a good minute before finally being put into the ignition. Problem with that is...well the damn thing didn't start. With eyes wide.....he glared at the car with a mind that for a moment stopped. "No....no...NO NO NO." He said with increasing rage, slamming his fist into it with increasing rage as a horn honked out.

A few warm bitter tears flowed down his cheeks, as he realized the fact that...he was probably going to die. This sucked really, but that was his supposed friends for you. Get blown up or poison you with cyanide, made him feel real good. At least he died rather than lost anyone else, as selfish as that sounded. Stepping out of the car, he proceeded to kick the car, knuckles scraped and bruised from the punching.

Last edited by Withdrawl on January 3rd 2016, 3:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic January 3rd 2016, 3:24 am

Seeing his friend so upset was expected.......but that didn't make it less hard to watch. He knew what he did was the right thing. It was either almost die at his hands or straight up die at the hands of another. When things had to be done, no matter how hard they were, Drifter would do them, as long as they lead to a better situation in the end. So, he continued his trot into the church, seeing it was pretty normal as far as churches go. Nothing was out of the ordinary in fact, so.....he took a seat, looking up at the Lord, and he started to pray. He silently whispered to himself his wrongs, and asked for forgiveness. He asked that his friends accept his fallacies for what they were, and for them to move on together.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity January 3rd 2016, 3:48 am

The first thing done was Luke entering the church's fellowship hall, which seemed to serve as a lecture station with pews and the cross at the front. Just behind there was the parsonage, or what the actual church should have been.

Unfortunately for Pat, he didn't know many "buddies" of Matt's. Or particularly the fact that this car wasn't very new. It was a 1990 camrie for Christ's sake. The thing didn't kick over, wouldn't turn on and as he continued to sound the horn in his rage there were shifting. There was a lot of movement on the upper floors, as well as on the lower, but the lower seemed to be more making to chains rattling. From the area Luke was in he could investigate the noise outside before Pat came back in and lost his mind, or he could investigate the basement, the ground floor or the upper level.

The interior of this "church" was rather unique, in fact it was such a house-like replicate that it was safe to assume the entire place had been gutted and renovated. The same original soft red carpet covered the ground and the steps going upstairs while off to the right hand side there was a small wall segment that concealed the living room and fireplace. Straight ahead was the kitchen and past the half-wall and just before the kitchen was an old door made of metal with obvious locks on it, designed to keep something inside. Further inspection might reveal more information but at a glance that's all one would see. The lights in the place were mostly off, though the fireplace was lit and the occasional overhead light was dimmed to a soft glow.

Spoiler:

Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan January 3rd 2016, 4:04 am

Well death seemed like a certain now, as running to the hospital in about five minutes was not something that he could do. using Luke's care felt like a good idea but he...had never hotwired a car ever before, so that was something that he could not do. There wasn't much he could do, just wait for the inevitable, and oh how terrifying that inevitable was. Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out his phone and perused through the contacts until he found the right one. Pressing the phone to his ear, he waited until he heard a ring on the other end of the phone. "H...h..h....hello Matt?" His voice was shaking, obviously they could hear the fear within it. "No time for pleasantries really....I guess you could say I don't have a lot of time left." A few minutes left actually, it was almost as if he could feel it, death creeping on him.

"I..have been poisoned, hydrogen cyanide to be exact. I have about...three and a half minutes left maybe." He said with a weak chuckle, wiping away a small bea of sweat that was beginning to pour down his forehead. "I just....dying alone didn't feel so good ya know." Honestly he wasn't sure what to do now, but death seemed really close.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top