The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 11:38 am by Lazarus

» Bloodfang
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 24th 2024, 8:15 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Designer/Mutilator
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 19th 2024, 7:28 pm by SicilianDragon

» Drake Delores
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 17th 2024, 3:18 pm by inquisitor

» Playing With Metal
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 8th 2024, 8:56 pm by ghost

» Motherboard
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 5th 2024, 2:25 am by WretchedRainbow

» When the Wind Goes
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeMarch 1st 2024, 12:19 pm by drazukeloski

» The Bingo Hall Incident
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 4:34 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Betwixt the veil of this world (Turo)
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 28th 2024, 2:26 pm by Seamus McAndrews

» Hero By Day
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_icon_minitimeFebruary 15th 2024, 10:00 am by ghost

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_vote_lcapFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_voting_barFrom where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Empty From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Zell November 30th 2015, 12:56 am

Spoiler:

He was up. It was a miracle, it was beyond a miracle actually. Even the Minister's readings and the power of metahumans were unable to save him. But lo and behold once again, Humanity saved himself. Of course none were the wiser as to whom he was, save for the elect few whom garnered the knowledge through uncanny means. Matthew was back from the dead, perfectly alive and well now. Clinically dead for thirty minutes and Brain dead for over four days. But here he was. Sitting in his hospital bed, under the covers with his hair tossed abut and his glasses situated on his bed-side table. He'd been clinically dead before, but even with that type of history, no one was expecting a recovery from him. Not after everything that his allies tried for him. Hell, his parents still believed he was dead at this point.

The people who knew he was still alive, however, were four of his friends. Though the two whom were informed first were the ones that brought him to this place to begin with. Luke and Pat were informed of his miraculous waking up first...and honestly he was kind of hoping to see them, despite his overall lethargic and weak feeling. Otherwise they had better have been busy... to not have the courtesy to come see him after they got him blown up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Empty Re: From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Charlatan November 30th 2015, 2:02 am

Time began to began to slow down, moving at an agonizingly slow pace. Sleep had become impossible, something that stood only inches out of his grasp as his mind ran over what had happened with a deliberate mental eye focused upon the instance, multiple things that had happened five days ago. Work itself had become more of a chore than normally, something that he went through begrudgingly, mostly because it paid the rent. Despite being in a state that felt as if he had been flayed, homelessness wasn't something that he really wanted to deal with. As for now, well he was sort of lunging in the shower, letting the hot water fall against his flesh. It felt good, but something about showering made him think too much, not as much as laying alone in bed but too much. Times like this makes me envy the stupid. He muttered, letting the breath his through clenched teeth.

Damp hair stuck to his forehead, some of it threatening to run into his eyes as it was wiped away with a motion of the hand. Letting his eyes drift close, Pat let out a louder sigh that managed to break through the sound of the water spurting from the showerhead. Thinking about how stupid it was to just sit here in the shower like this, he slowly brought himself to his unsteady feet, Pat turned a knob that stopped the water flow as the feeling of cold air quickly hit him. This was followed by a sudden bout of shaking, teeth softly chattering together as he reached for a towel and dried himself off. As always the apartment was empty as he stepped out of the bathroom, making a beeline towards his room and digging around for some clothes, something that would work better than being in the nude anyway.

Taking out a pair of boxers, he then slipped into a comfy if not somewhat loose pair of khakis you could buy from one of those stores all those teens shopped at with a little section around the frayed  and a black t-shirt. Shaking his head, his hair was reduced to a slightly wild mess that he forced into a more managed look with a sweep of his fingers. Feeling as if he actually looked good now, Pat plopped down on the couch within his living room and turned the tv on while grabbing the botte of something beside him. It was half empty, undoing the cap and upturning it into his mouth. As always the taste was bitter, but he drunk it down anyway. It worked, made things easier to deal with in a sense, and so Pat did so when time allowed it.

This would go on for about ten minutes, his eyes half focused upon what was playing across the screen. Something about the news, metahumans and other things like tr things like that. His lips turned into a scowl as he lifted the remote and changed channel, the sound of something else reaching his ears. Blinking a couple of times, Pat turned the television off and moved to his feet, looking around for his phone. Settled upon the counter conjoined to his living room, he quickly darted up and answered the thing. Keeping his voice from sounding slurred, a rather unexpected greeted him on the other end. The call was brief, but the effect itself was profound enough really. Letting the device rest against the counter, he leaned against it himself while letting out a soft sigh. A temporary feeling of relief, something that flowed through him for a moment.

"Well that's one thing off the conscience." It was obvious now what he had to do, no time to sit around and do nothing. "I guess less blood on your hands is always better." He muttered cynically, from there it was slipping into his shoes after finding some socks to wear. That was an easy enough thing to do as Pat picked his jacket up from the floor, putting it on and quickly zipping the thing up. "On bike...I should be able to get there soon." Despite how long it took, the trip itself was worth the wait, and luckily he wasn't quite at the point where he couldn't even ride a bike like this. Picking up the beaten looking bike, he undid the chain and was off, feeling like this was something that had been on a movie at some point.

The breeze was something that made him shiver, nothing major really, but then again it was annoying. The trip itself was long, even leaving his legs feeling cramped but eventually he did reach there in around thirty minutes or so. Time wasn't something that he really keep track of too much at the moment. All Pat cared was that he got there, finding a place to leave his little transport before running up with rapid breathing as he walked through the entrance. If he remembered correctly he should know approximately where his friend was. Finding him was as easy as asking where he was, and within a few minutes he gave the door a small push before walking into the room. "Umm...hi." He said with a small amount of awkwardness within his voice, unsure what to say. Part of him wondered what his friend was thinking, and wanted to know that even.

"You're looking pretty good....for someone who was blown up anyway."
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

"I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2015-02-24

Back to top Go down

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Empty Re: From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad)

Post by Red November 30th 2015, 3:15 am

For awhile all that could be seen in Luke's apartment was darkness, that and a pair of ever open eyes that seemed to mimic the color of clear ice. It smelled like cup of noodles, sounded like absolutely nothing, but was OCD level clean despite the fact Drifter had been in such a state of despair he could barely move. The events of the previous week had done that to him. He had called in sick for work, and did little but try and fail to sleep. The guilt was just too much now. He had been foolish, selfish...... And now his friends were paying for it, Matt most of all. His mind was a mixing pot of emotion, suppressed anger and grief, a small desire to do something about this but knowledge that it would probably only make things worse, and an overwhelming sense of meaninglessness.  He wanted to drink, he really did, but he stopped himself. He didn't want to go down that road, it could only lead to worse things.

His throut was dry, his stomach rumbling, and his body stiff and cold. But he wouldn't get up until his phone rang, which he promptly reached over and grabbed. To his surprise it was his Dad, not exactly the guy he wanted to speak with now.

"So what? You're ignoring us now, like your sister?" The voice said before he even had a chance to greet the man, not that it would have been very cheerful.

"No, I just turned my phone on...... I didn't need the stress the last few days." Luke said with a raspy and constricted voice, but it was clear enough.

"Oh, well. You're burning bridges, Lukas. We shouldn't have to chase you down for a call. First you move two thousand miles away then you stop picking up the phone?" His Dad said, sounding irritated even though Luke was trying his hardest to keep it civil.

"Please don't lecture me, I'm going through a lot. And it's not like you cared to ask how I was doing when I was with you guys, you just let me sulk with the occasionial 'wake up and snap out of it' speech." Luke said, using a snarky tone then intended.

"It's not my fault you hated your life, well, you might say it is. But there are people that had it far worse then you, buddy." His Dad said. That much Luke could agree with, but just because someone has it worse then you doesn't mean you are free to be neglected right up until that point. It wasn't the first time Drifter heard that line.

"Yeah yeah, heard it before, broken record. That's very conveanient. I just need some time, and space, can I get that much?" Luke said with a roll of his eyes and he sat at the ridge of his bed.

"'I need my space!' Says the whiny little teenager with daddy issues, grow u-.." And at that Luke hung up, he wasn't dealing with someone who wanted to fight right now. Besides he needed to clean himself up.

So, he took a shower, a long and hot one, shaved, eat some leftover sandwich, got dressed and did his normal grooming thing, which was quite extensive for a guy. Just when he was finishing up, he got another call. He was about to just turn his phone off but realized it was the hospital.....it was either really good news or really bad news, either way he took a seat. He listened to the person, and his eyes widened in shock. How the hell did he come out of it?

"I'll be there as soon as I can." He said, rushing out of his apartment and into his car, which he now had no shame in driving considering the fact he was giving up the vigilante thing. He screetched out and drove as fast as he could, then bolted into the hospital and to Matt's room, shoving people as he did with little care.

"....Hey Matty, I'm.... really glad to see you're awake." Luke said, standing in the doorway in his leather coat, black t and jeans

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Other Links:
I thought the price was my soul

That i need only give myself to reach my goal

Now i see that is not the cost

They'll all be taken

This deal was swindled, and i have lost
Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Number of posts : 1255
Job : Professional Asshole
Humor : Hurting feelings and killing parents since 2014
Registration date : 2014-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity November 30th 2015, 10:59 pm

Of course there was a bit of surprise of their actual arrivals. He honestly expected them to be too busy wallowing in self-pity and embarrassment to come to see him. Or for them to keep on with their stupid vigilante tasks and be unable to be reached because of it. Though he had to admit, if they were really willing to push through his own "death" like that....then they were just as committed to this as he was. Unfortunately for him, he didn't realize that Drifter had in fact considered and apparently implemented a step-back and taking observation of his meaningless life. Pat arrived just briefly before Luke did, seconds really, though both of their comments to him just made him look at them wearily.

"Oh, I'm sorry. If you want I could keel over now." He said to Pat, his voice still very weak and hoarse with the dryness and moisture-deprivation of several days without drink. Luke then called him "Matty". What was this the part where he confessed his hidden feelings or something? Matty? Matty? Seriously, could he pick a queerer name to call him? Probably, but the first instinct for Matt to say was Motherfucker I will stick this IV pole up your ass and turn you into a fuckin' lollipop. But without a hint of anger or irritation he just waved a bit. "Matty? I guess I'll allow it. If I don't I might get blown up again. I'm not exactly in shape to jump back and cover myself this time." He said with a sore attempt at humor, but a genuine chuckle before a coughing fit. Next he was waving them to come in. Honestly, it wasn't to be friendly so much as it was the fact speaking up loud enough for them to hear them caused the pain of being throat-fucked by a mini-gun with serrated blades welded on the rotating barrel.

"Was just watchin' the News. A friend of yours?" Matt asked as he pointed at the television, slightly irritated by the IV tube sticking out of his arm. On the television was a clip from a sighting two days ago. Humanity went in and foiled an assassination attempt on a renowned Buddhist leader within India, one whom seemed to spread their nigh-perfect pacifist beliefs onto others. They had amassed quite a following, and were beginning to start talks with a group known as "Salvation" while denouncing and openly criticizing anti-meta terrorist group "M.E.E.K". Of course M.E.E.K targeted him, and Humanity was there to foil the attempt. It was one of the only times Humanity was seen doing something considerably nice, reminding people what it was exactly that he stood for, and not what he stood against. Though this did bring a rather interesting question to mind.

How was Humanity there, if Matthew was dead that day?

Spoiler:

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan November 30th 2015, 11:36 pm

Seemingly only a few steps ahead of him, there was Luke here to see Matt as well actually. It was nice to see that he wasn't the only one that would be here, considering the hours that had passed since then. His expression twisted before returning to the one that it was before, dark humor met with either the same or a show of annoyance. Not that he could blame them, the statement itself was rather douchey when put into hindsight. Chewing on his lip, he let out a low awkward chuckle letting his eyes fall to the floor. It may have not been the most optimal time to be here but then again he had a feeling Matt would have taken offense if he didn't come when they woke up. It might have been some measure of guilt that compelled him to come, but either way he was here.

Regardless, with introductions out of the way Matt motioned for them to come in. With how rough his voice sounded, well that might have been for the best considering they would likely not want to talk too loud. Raising your voice with a sore throat of any kind tended to be hell on it. Stepping into the room, he scoped out a seat and sat down, crossing his legs and letting his hands rest on his lap, awkwardly pressing down any creases within the pants. For some reason being here now made things more tense than he would have expected, feeling as if there was a pressure within his chest. The knowledge it was there fault Matt was in this state was obvious to him, painfully so. Death seemed preferable but that did nothing, dying was never an answer, only a shoddy solution.

Attention would be brought to the new and so he turned towards a television playing said news. A familiar person on the scree, that one guy who everyone considered a bad guy doing something half way decent. unexpected really, but maybe they were gaining something from that. Pat wasn't really one to judge them, considering he knew almost nothing beyond them having a cool sniper rifle that they wrecker a lot of shit with. Terrorists were involved, which reeked of danger, especially when it came to all that anti-metahuman stuff that was being thrown around. "Wouldn't say a friend of mine.' Pat said, ceasing the lip chewing long enough to answer before returning to it. There was something strange about them, but the what was something that he could not quite put his finger on.  

"M.E.E.K...is that an acronym of some kind?" He mused outloud, turning to Luke who seemed like they would know something about that.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "Now I don't believe men are born to be killers, I don't believe the world can't be saved."

Back to top Go down

Post by Red December 1st 2015, 9:44 pm

Well, seemed Matt wasn't exactly in a good mood, but who could blame him? It could have been a lot worse for him and Pat, a lot lot worse. So Luke was glad his friend was being this friendly to them. So, Luke just smiled as if the Matty thing were a joke, which it sort of was, just like when he called Pat Patty. But besides that, he was definitely over joyed to see Matt alive. It really was quite unlikely.....but here he was, somehow awake.

There attension was directed toward the television as Drifter walked further into the room, and he saw a familiar costumed vigilante. To bad the news was making him out to be some hero. Sure he hadn't got such a status at all before this, but the fact the media was allowing that at all made him sick. The guy was a cold blooded killer that attacked innocent people like Matt, that Luke couldn't see the good side of. All he did was shear at the screen and turn back to Matt sitting in bed.

"Are you joking? No, he isn't a friend of mine. He did this to you, you know. And besides, I'm done with all that now." Luke said as he took a seat on one of the rooms chairs, his expression growing softer after saying that.

"I don't know how you managed Matt, but you did..... Everyone thought you were going to.....well, die for good....... But..what I'm really trying to say here is I'm sorry, this was my fault. I won't drag you into anything like this again." Luke said, stuttering for a moment as he thought of how to put this. He didn't want to seem all gushy, but it needed to be said......when Matt was actually awake.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Natural Selection will force us into conflict either way. Only under Rise will that conflict be ordered, and with room for a future. The alternative is a catastrophic, global revolt of Inhumans."

Back to top Go down

Post by Humanity December 4th 2015, 8:00 pm

"I dunno...probably." Matt said with a shrug, answering Pat as he withheld his information he'd gathered on them. M.E.E.K was in fact an anti-metahuman organization of religious affiliation. They actually used to be part of Salvation, the same group that was led by Matthew's own father, The Minister. Though why they were arguing over a pacifist was indeed questionable. Something to look into, at any rate; Matthew turned to Luke and seemed slightly shocked when he heard Luke state that Humanity was in fact to blame for his explosion. I could fuck your world up SSSOOOO bad right now. He thought to himself, amused to say the least. Though with his same blank facial expression of half-interest he remained quiet as Luke said he was done with all the vigilante stuff. He even began to apologize and for a moment, a brief moment, Matthew was distracted by it. Something moved him to actually feel regret. True, he didn't plan fro himself to get blown up...but the mistake he made...letting his guard down like that was inexcusable. Especially when he knew who it was who DID want to blow him up. But still...he was sorry for trying to dissuade them from the same path he had already taken.

"Look. I was wrong to try and stop you. This...this whole world is coming down around us and I was just; well scared to be honest. Scared to admit that maybe I was wrong. Maybe someone else was right for a change." He said with a bit of a sigh and running a hand back over his messed up hair. He had come to accept the fact that it was in their blood. To do something. To not sit around lazily and just let the world go to shit. Okay, Pat it surprised him...however he had to admit. Pat had it in him. It just took a long while to bring it out. Longer than Matthew had been willing to spend. But regardless, the flame found it's way to the surface all on it's own. "You can say what you want...believe in God or not. But when I died...there was something. I'm not gonna debate it with you. My brain was dead so there's no way in Hell I imagined it. But when I was with it I saw our world. I saw where it was going and what it was doing...Look... I know I don't want you to do it...to...do what you've been doing. But I'm more aware now than I was before; This world needs people like you. Because it's people like you...people like that guy... you'll be the ones whom inspire others. To change the world. Bring back the truest meaning of justice." With that he sighed and seemed to struggle to admit all of this.

"You guys need to do this...and I need to be as supportive as possible. So...I've called a buddy of mine that I met through my cuz. He's a requisitions officer for the seals. I'm asking for his help to get you guys into something better than street clothes and bandanas." He said with a smile, not even remembering what Pat and Luke had been wearing. But still to have some of the best equipment possible would get them outfitted. He was more anxious to see their reactions than anything else. Especially with his little divine inspiration aired out in the open.[/color][/color]

Spoiler:

From where darkness is born. (Vigilante Squad) Humani11
Humanity
Humanity
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "If you can call me a hero...the next shot's on you."

Number of posts : 716
Job : The Villain
Humor : I used to be the dragon king, but then I took a can of plot bullshit to the knee. I'm just waiting for my powers to "miraculously" come back now.
Registration date : 2014-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 4th 2015, 8:47 pm

It appeared no one in the room knew too much about this M.E.E.K organization, and from what he could tell they were not exactly wholesome anyway. Terrorists groups always left a bad taste within his mouth, on about their cuases murdering people because some vague philosophy made it right. Luke however had something more meaningful to add to things, though it may have just been him being his usual self. Too afraid to say anything or whatever it was that was wrong with him. While seemingly focused upon the television, his attention was more on what the two were talking about. Eventually Matt would say something that caught his attention, sounded almost like he was beginning to..agree with what they were doing? That was a surprise that more than anything confused him, causing him to let out a slow hum as he turned to look at his friend.

Had nearly dying caused this sudden change of heart or was it something else entirely? That was the thought flowing through his mind as he considered his friend who was still talking, not reaching into the realms of suspicion by a long shot but rather just internally wondering to himself. Their explanation seemed to delve into the territory of near death experience, something about seeing the world.It didn’t make a lot of sense to him, considering that well...it just didn't really. However in the same instance it made some sense, enough that he could nod without being totally ironic in doing so. The world had needed them, that was the statement, something that he never really expected to hear when concerning him. Something as large as the world needing someone as insignificant as him always had a nice ring to it, but that was never true.

Regardless of who died, it would go on as if nothing had happened. Just thinking about that fact, as humbling as many people would consider it was nothing more than depressing for him. "Bring back the true meaning of justice, wow." It sounded so corny even to hear something like that out loud, as if they were being given some righteous mission. As if justice could exist in this world, one that was so unfair that...well it was just as it was. Still, it seemed like a struggle for Matt to admit all of this and even attempting to throw it back at them felt like....a dickish thing to do. After all, they had accidentally blown him up, so just going along felt like the right thing to do. "Sounds pretty nice." He noted with a nod, letting his hands rest in his lap, fingers intertwined while he just thought about it.

Dealing with just normal people would have been hard enough without having to deal with  those rather scary metahuman types. people that could level buildings, and maybe even cities. Unless they were packing some heavy firepower, not like they could do much more than annoy them in the end. The fact that Matt would be able to at the very least get them something better than what they had was nice, some more official looking clothing than just...well clothes. Maybe even something that could protect them from a bullet or two. The idea of guns thought, that was something that made him shudder slightly when he thought about it. "Other than street clothes and bandanas? So the plot thickens." He noted with slight interest.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Red December 6th 2015, 2:21 pm

Great, just when he had given it up Matt pulled him back in. What was with the change of heart? You get blown up because your friends are trying to be some heroes and after almost dying you finally support them? This was just weird in so many ways, but at least he got to actually say sorry while Matt was conscious.

Luke really didn't know what to say. Pat was just going along with it it seemed, which was slightly irritating in all honesty. He always seemed to be ok with....everything. or at least thats what he was doing the past couple of weeks. But then again who could blame the guy after the last two weeks?

"...Change the world? Bring back justice? I'm grateful you took it upon yourself to try to help me with the stupid shit i was doing, but you can't actually believe i can change the world. Matt, I'm a worker bee in a sad sad world, shooting people isn't going to do anything......i was wrong ok? I did horrible things in just a week on the job, i'm.....becoming something i don't want to be. Thanks, but no thanks." Luke said. He wasn't one to easily change his mind with the flip of a switch. Sure he could be guided back into the vigilante thing.....but it would take more them his friends support and the promise of guns for him to forget the pain he caused.

"I quit drinking, i got my life back on track after stumbling out of a broken home. I just need to.....forget the childish idea." Luke continued as he looked away slightly, sighing a moment as he would likely be hearing some form of a bitch session. That or Matt could do the unexpected.....he seemed to be adept at that.

Other Links:

They'll all be taken

Red
Red
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell December 6th 2015, 8:01 pm

Pat's typical phrase hit Matt's ears and he rolled his eyes with a smirk. That's one thing he was glad he didn't have to hear for the past five days. If the plot thickened even half as much as he said it did then the entire story just had cardiac arrest, or replaced its blood with red glue. Luke, on the other hand seemed less than enthused, in fact he protested it. That goes to figure, just as Matt accepts the fact he needs to stop being so hard-headed...Luke does the same fucking thing and yields as well. So you have the democrats saying the republicans are right and the republicans saying the democrats were on the right track. That's about as likely as this scenario was...or so he had thought.

"Luke..." Matt said quickly, though he caught himself just about to give the longest rant ever. A rant that probably would have revealed too much and only caused more trouble. Some times the truth was best left a mystery. "...Fine. I understand. I already...I already made a mistake, trying to force something on you once... I won't do it again." He said, admitting defeat as it would seem. In truth the thing going on in his head was the fact he'd need to be happy with the fact his friends were safe. Even if they weren't too happy.

"I just hope it all works out for you. Both of you." Matt said with a smile as he began to sit himself up, the bandage on his side soaking itself red as he twisted a way he probably shouldn't have. But apparently nothing was going to stop him from getting up out of bed. Staggering a moment, his knees buckled and he went to the ground, slamming down on it with his knees and his hand. "Worst case of sleeping legs ever!" He said as the tingling prickles of his awakening limbs caused him a feeling of great discomfort all over. He reached into his pocket and began tapping his thighs. After a moment he stood up, if the assistance was offered he'd take it.

"Okay...well I guess I'll see you guys around. Gonna go to the bathroom and bitch out Adelene until she bitch-slaps a doc into discharging me. Oh fuck my leeeegs." He groaned as he started for the door, leaning way too much on his IV pole to be able to walk normally.

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 8th 2015, 12:59 am

Luke appeared to be more adamant against the idea, something that made sense considering just who they were. The guy tended to be a little stubborn when they made up their mind, as far as he knew anyway. Just blindly agreeing may have been stupid, however one could say he was never the argumentative type when it came down to things. Being passive was sadly a rather dominant trait for one reason or another. Granted, he never really said yes or no to the offer, but then again that was just how things were. Him not saying no tended to mean that he was saying yes. This seemed to be going nowhere, and yet somewhere at the same time, however that changed rather quickly as Matt appeared to be doing something. Twisting and turning as if they were trying to get out of the bed, making him wonder what they were doing even more.

Shifting from his reserved position, Pat looked to him with a curious look, one that shifted rather quickly as they forced themselves out of the bed. As soon as they stood to their feet, they would fall to the ground rather painfully as he could tell. Thought didn't really factor into the motion of him standing up. "What the hell?" He breathed, confused by the whole thing in general. That was when he noticed something, a red colored substance soaking into something and he didn't need to really think on that. Kneeling down he offered a hand, likely to help someone that wasn't quite sure about their ability to walk it would seem. "Like hell you are. only thing you're doing is getting back in that bed before you kill yourself." Having his friend hurt themselves like this was not exactly something that he wanted to deal with, not with everything that had happened.

Making himself annoying, Pat chose to stand between the door and his rather woozy looking friend. "You're in no shape to do anything, I mean.....seriously. You can barley fucking walk, let alone do anything else." His tone seemed freznied slightly, Pat unable to keep his hands from moving around at this point.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic December 11th 2015, 5:22 pm

Luke was actually surprised Matt took it so well, but then again the guy was full of such things. It was almost expected for him to do the unexpected, but when you expected that then he would start doing what would have been expected if you weren't expecting him to do the unexpected. So yeah, crazy.

What was more crazy then that however was the fact the guy was trying to get out of bed........ Not only that, he wanted to be discharged. Jesus Christ, Luke didn't know if Matt was just high from all the drugs or something else, but it mattered not. Matt was staying put, whether he liked it or not. Pat seemed to agree, putting his foot down surprisingly. But seeing a friend hurt changes a person, Luke supposed.

"Oh no, like Pat said, you gotta stay. At least for a few nights. You're in terrible shape. Nurse! We need another bandage in here!" Lukas said, calling out for the nurse as he offered what help he could, considering Pat was already on it. He really didn't understand why Matt was so determined, what was he fighting for? Luke had only seen that in a few people, and it was usually people with something very important they needed done. A curious thought, but maybe he just really wanted to get back to his normal life.

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell December 12th 2015, 1:44 am

It was a first reflex, but the second Pat was in his way the first thing he thought of was the clipboard. You could do some serious damage to the temple with the edge of one of those. Luke was going to be a bigger problem. But he quickly snagged himself out of that mindset. These were friends. Comrades. People he didn't hate at the very least. But they WERE in his way. He needed a way for them to move, and quickly. OF course there was no better way than only being partially honest. By that I mean he told them the truth but just neglected what was coming afterwards.

"Bitch I quite literally JUST had them pull that catheter out of my dick, now I don't know about you, but that's not comfortable and I'm sure as Hell not gonna piss myself. Dafuq outta mah way." He said, the last part with a smirk and some humor. He actually didn't seem to notice the wound on his side having opened, not until he let his arm come down from the IV pole and his skin touching the sticky, damp blood.  "Oh...owie. Eh, nothing bad. Or I'm on a fuck ton of morphine. Either way, seriously. I'll get back in bed after I piss. Now move it." He said, almost completely ignoring the situation at hand and moving through. He wasn't wrong. While his pain tolerance was pretty up there...he wasn't anywhere near the level of not feeling a deep gash like this one.

Of course the same large black woman came in with new bandages and shooting Matthew a glare that was almost unnerving enough for his pretending to be genuine. Hey, this bitch is scary ya'll. "Matty, I know you a'int tryin' to leave!" To this Matt just scoffed and shook his head. "I gotta pee!" Immediately, he hobbled over through the door and then into the bathroom. The large black woman just smirked and shook her head before looking to the other boys and clicking her tongue.

"Don'chu boys know by now? He a'int gonna listen to ya... oh, by the way there was a detective here askin' for you two. Had some questions to ask you. I told him to sit his ass in the witin' room." She said before pointing over to the waiting room where there was an all too familiar detective, with a rather worried look on his face.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlatan December 12th 2015, 6:51 pm

Luke appeared to be onboard with the not letting Matt walk out of here agenda, and as expected Matt had the usual annoying response. The response about catheters being ripped from dicks wasn't exactly the most pleasant  of imagery, but that didn't exactly change his mind beyond giving him a rather unpleasant mental image. Chewing on his lower lip, Pat averted his gaze for a moment before looking back to Matt who seemed to finally be aware of the blood that was soaking his bandages, an indication they were aware of their condition. That seemed to change from getting out to just taking a piss, which was slightly better, but that did make him wonder the purpose of bedpans if they could just get up to take a piss whenever they wanted. Granted, he hated the thought of those things so it made a large amount of sense.

Unfortunately or maybe fortunately, that certain scary nurse returned with clean looking bandages. It appeared they had a better time in keeping them from leaving than either of them did, seems ignoring each other no matter what was a mark of friendship. As annoying as that was, it couldn't be helped really. Matt would do what they wanted regardless of what anyone else told them. So they hobbled away to do their business, as the woman just reminded him of that fact. "Unfortunately." he sighed before registering the part about detectives, though that just made things all the more awkward. Having detectives coming after them meant that something was up, though he could not exactly tell what that was. If it was exactly what he assumed, well then that would have been even worse.

"Asking for us? Weird." He said with a sigh looking to Luke with a single raised brow. "Looks like we'll have to talk to them." Regardless of what Luke said he would go to said detectives, as doing anything else would have been far too suspicious.
Charlatan
Charlatan
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post by Stoic December 15th 2015, 3:20 am

So he had to pee? Like Luke actually believed that. That was like, the oldest excuse in the book. Not to mention he probably had a bed pan, so yeah, bullshit. But before Luke could really do anything about the whole thing, the nurse was back, telling Matt pretty much the same thing him and Pat did, just more sassy. She also said something about a detective here to see them, which really could have been about any number of crimes they committed or that had been done to them, either way, trouble.

Despite the fact Luke knew Matt was likely going to run out of this hospital like a bat out of hell the first chance he got, he turned away to go talk to the officers, Pat likely following.

"Just.....try to keep him here Adelene." Luke said just as he left the room. From there it was a journey down the hall, and an elevator, and another hall. Hospitals were always so damn huge and confusing, but they would find the waiting room near the entrance, and likely the 'detectives' that were waiting for them.

Now, Luke just had his friend blown up, had his memory wiped and hand crushed, and committed several crimes against very rich and powerful people. These guys could be anyone, and they were more then likely out to either hurt him and his friends, or arrest them. Unfortunately the latter was the better of the two, at least he could fight that in court.

He had a 9mm handgun on his waistband, but it was all registered and legal. It was the one he always carried for self defense, not that he believed he would be using it. But then again, like what was previously said, these guys were more then likely not his friends.

"What can i do for you, detectives?"

Stoic
Stoic
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "See, I am a serious vigilante with serious themes dealing with serious issues. You may some day achieve this grand seriousness, but for now, fetch my coffee."

Number of posts : 290
Job : Vigilante, of course.
Humor : You cannot ban that which is neither banned nor not banned.
Registration date : 2015-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top