The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Escape I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Escape I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Escape I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Escape I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Escape I_vote_lcapEscape I_voting_barEscape I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Escape

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Escape Empty Escape

Post by Scratch Board January 11th 2015, 1:31 am

London, afternoon. An otherwise normal day. People were busily walking to and fro, getting to their usual destinations.

Mathis Genetics was an architectually pretty building. Some nice shrubbery and a few fountains here and there. Simple and elegant. All was quiet, save for the gardener's lawmower tending the grass.

The sound of an explosion broke the peace. Alarms blaring, gunshots firing, glass shattering.

A teenage girl burst through the front doors, a squad of armed guards trailing behing her. The young girl tripped on a conviently placed rock. The squad leader smiled. "We have Subject 116 cornered," He said into a small radio on his shoulder. "Let's bring her in, mates." The man smiled as he raised his gun at the young girl. However, as he was about to pull the trigger, the man felt a sharp jolt of pain. He slowly reached up to feel that a sharp but thin needle had fatally pierced his neck.

"Not today, asshole." This young girl was Annie Taylor.

As the man collapsed to the ground, foaming at the mouth and spasming from the toxic needle, Annie unfurled her dragonfly-like wings and took to the sky, the rest of the squad firing wildly at her. She took toward the busy street. The number of civillians could distract the guards. Cars swerved and civillians ran as both bullets and needles flew. A public firefight had broken out between this young girl and these armed soldiers.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2015-01-03

Back to top Go down

Escape Empty Re: Escape

Post by Jeisen January 11th 2015, 6:02 am

[a London thread! Is this open? ]
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2014-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 11th 2015, 12:38 pm

{Yes, anyone may join}

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 11th 2015, 6:20 pm

A soft blue light filled the room as Jeisen sat behind his computer screen watching the info streams flow by. Jeisen was plugged into the cameras surrounding London, police chatter, and his own surveillance equipment to take in all possible news from the city. To anyone else, the data coming in would have been just useless garbage that would be incomprehensible. But to Jeisen.... his mind split it up and broke it down with ease as he understood faster then a supercomputer. A small red line popped up on info stream then to the main screen as Jeisen pulled it up.

"Gun fire reported coming from fifth and elm street. Explosion taken place from the Mathis Genetics lab."

Gun fire coming from a lab after an explosion? Jeisen pulled up a nearby camera for the area only to see what looked like a group of armed men opening fire at a flying girl. She seemed to be returning fire of some sort as a man went down, but the video was to poor quality to tell what exactly was being fired. That was all Jeisen need to see though for this to qualify for a personal visit. Standing up from his chair, Jeisen began heading out the door as his armor flew to attach to him. pulling up his dark green hood of his cloak, Jeisen left his home to take to the streets.

Moving at nearly 150 miles per hour, Jeisen raced across roof tops to get to the scene. Luckily it wasn't quite all that far and he arrived quickly further down the street. He paused, crouching on top of a rooftop as he looked down at the battle. He needed more info before he decided who he needed to help, the escapee metahuman or the guardsmen. For all Jeisen knew, the metahuman broke into the labs for some reason. Reaching under his cloak, Jeisen tossed out a small ball that turned into a slightly bigger robot.

Jeisen: "Nolan... how much do we know about Mathis Genetics?"

Nolan: "Not much, I'm afraid sir. Looks like a basic genetics lab on paper really. Nothing too unusual popping up in a brief search."

Jeisen: "Use the battle to break into their files will you? See whats really going on here."

Nolan: "On it!"

Nolan began his hacking protocols as Jeisen pulled out yet another small ball. With a rapid toss, Jeisen threw the orb down into the middle of the street, between the meta and guards. A blue force field of energy sprung up as from the orb, splitting the people on opposite sides. Jeisen was still crouched though, staring at the group from the roof as he waited to see what they would do in reaction.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 11th 2015, 6:47 pm

Annie was startled by the sudden flash of blue light. Upon opening her eyes, she saw that some kind of forcefield had separated her and and the guards. Her first thought was that this was a new device invented by the lab, and that her escape plan had failed. She proceeded to slam her body into the forcefield.

However, the soldiers seemed just as confused. They pointed their guns randomly, freaking out. One of the guards spoke into his radio. Subject has allies, I repeat, subject has allies!" The squad searched for any sign of a third party, but could not find anything. The group smartly resolved to try to break through by aiming their guns and the wall of the field and opening fire.

For the first few files, Mathis Genetics seems like an ordinary genetics lab. They researched meta-genes and the like, trying to better understand their power. Everything seems normal, until digging deeper, a "classified file" can be found. Marked only as "Subject 116", the file entails an experiment involving a young girl who was found to have a meta-gene at a young age. The file has many notes, such as the girl's abilities, her killing power, and some rather disturbing "methods" of getting the girl to cooperate.

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 11th 2015, 9:20 pm

Nolan: "sir, are you seeing this? These guys went at this girl for years... Full blown experimentation on her genes. They were brutal."

Brutal was putting it lightly. Jeisen ha known of experimenting on meta humans being done before. It was rarely done right and this was another terrible example of how humans treated meta humans. Only the worst people would think experimenting on another human for year on end was justifiable. He just let the data flow across his helm for a second as he took in all of the data. After a second he spoke quietly

Jeisen: "lock down the data from their network. Gather proof it's there and what they have done. I'll get this girl out of here and to safety."

With that, Jeisen stood up on the rooftop. The force field was holding just fine against the likes of bullets and te girl shoving it, but it's weakening. No time to waste, Jeisen shot his grappling hook from his wrist to the buildings behind the girl. With a yank, he activates the reel and speed across the gap to her side of the wall. His boots clamped down with their seals to hold him against the side of the building as he looked down at the girl Annie.

Jeisen: "Annie! We have to get you out of here before more arrive."

Jeisen didn't know if she would listen to him, but they would have to go before more arrived. Otherwise they would be in for a fight
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 11th 2015, 10:04 pm

No good. The forcefield was strong. Annie slumped down the side, giving up for for a split second. Then she heard a voice. Annie look up to see a young man, who seemed to be sticking to the side of the wall. More importantly, he called her by name. No one knew her name. Annie was about to retort when she heard the sound that she did not want to hear. Sirens.

Several cars screeched in, men wearing blue uniforms with their guns drawn. The London police force. The call they had gotten was simple. A metahuman had escaped out of a genetics lab, and she was armed and dangerous. The police knew who their target was. What they didn't expect was two metahumans to be there, as well a what seemed to be a large forcefield seperating the two.

"Attention metahumans! Remove the shield and put your hands where we can see them! We will use deadly force!"

Annie was scared. There was a group of armed guards, a random stranger who somehow knew her, and now almost all of London's police force had their guns aimed at her.

It was a bad situation. The armed guards were going to break the forcefield, and the police wouldn't wait long before opening fire. Something had to be done, and quick.

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 11th 2015, 11:23 pm

Nolan: "sir the police are here."

Oh good, the police. Jeisen didn't bother wasting time giving Nolan a response. Looks like London Rapid Response unit as well. Not usually a problem but Jeisen had to protect this girl as well. She comics his usual escape plans. Jeisen just let a small pent up breath, relaxing fractionally. Time seemed to enlongate for him as his mind caught up to his body.

Break it down- sheild is failing soon due to being fired upon. Fix it? No point still trapped. How to escape with her then? Hologram? That could work.

In fractions of a second, a plan was formed. Reaching under his cloak, Jeisen pulled out three simple smoke canisters and tossed them down. Smoke began to fill this side of the force field. Jeisen dropped down to next to the girl as queitly as possible. Through a filtered voice in his helm, he spoke softly.

Jeisen: "just stay still and follow my lead."

When the shield finaly broke, Jeisen tossed another small ball that sprung up in the shadows- a hologram of both Jeisen and Annie. It took off through the smoke and broke free down the way. It was the both of them moving at rapid speeds away from the scene and the police. Hopefully they would take the bait.

Jeisen: "follow me"

He walked through the smoke to te line of house behind them. With a small motion Jeisen role through the lock of the door. Jeisen would cut through the buildings while the police went on a wild goose chase... If he was lucky.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 11th 2015, 11:32 pm

It was all a blur. There was smoke, the shield broke, gunshots rang out. Annie heard a small voice, giving her the order to stay still. Finding no other options, Annie did as she was told. There was yelling, more gunshots, that seemed to get...quieter? Were they running away? Annie didn't know. She then heard the same voice, instructing her to follow him. She turned around to see the young man who was sticking to the wall earlier. She followed the man to a house, watching him as her worked. She desperately hoped that he had her interests at heart.

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 12th 2015, 1:44 pm

Nolan: "You know that hologram wont last too long right?"

Jeisen: "Bout two minutes if we are lucky. Going to have to move fast to make it work. Do you have a route planned already?"

Nolan: "Sewers or streets?"

Jeisen: "Streets, I don't think I could convince her to go underground. Just need to get to the safe house as soon as possible"

With one final motion, Jeisen picked the door lock and swung it open. He motioned for Annie to follow him through the house. He did however, give a some nod to the two old ladies staring at him coming through the door. Probably not what they expected on an tuesday. Jeisen cut throught the house as he made his way to the back door. Best they get out of here before someone decides to check on the local area.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 12th 2015, 8:34 pm

Annie followed the strange man. She had no other choice. She was slightly wary about what he was planning, but trusted him nonetheless. He seemed friendly enough, and even looked like a fellow metahuman, though the talking orb was a bit...strange. Finally, she spoke up.

"Um...excuse me sir, but where are we going?" The young british girl asked, softly but sternly.

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 13th 2015, 3:22 am

Jeisen looked back over his shoulder at the girl then to Nolan beside him. He double checked the street they were about to cross a Nolan floated back to her

Nolan: "oh don't go calling him sir, it will go striaght to his and his ego. Gods above know it's inflated enough already."

The robot spoke in a sarcastic yet cheerful tone to te girl, seeming to smile despite only beig a floatin eye really. Jeisen spoke back to her

Jeisen: "Out of here and too a safe house of mine not to far from here. We can get you situated there and you can decide where you want to go from there.

Nolan: "we found your files in their database. They were quite... Extensive. I'm not entirely sure what you want to do, but we think it's best to get you somewhere safe so you can think for a second. After that we will help send you on your way."

Nolan looked like he was about to say more when he was cut off with a hand single from Jeisen. A helicopter flew above, seeming to be part of the search for them. Nolan spoke quietly now to her

Nolan: "the hologram must have faded by now and the police would haw realized that it was a wild goose chase. Best prepare I case we have to fight"

Jeisen looked back at the girl again, blue optics shinying from his mask hidden in the darkness of the hood.

Jeisen: "if we have to fight, no killing cops."

Not that he could honestly expect her to follow his orders. After what he had seen in the files, she might want a little blood right now. And Jeisen could agree with that, but the police had nothing to do with what happened to her and he would protect them if he could.
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 13th 2015, 9:58 am

"No killing? Look, not that I'm a big fan of fighting, but..." She sighed. The man seemed very dead-set in his ways.

Annie wasn't sure, though. No killing? But that was the only thing she knew how to do. Painful memories came flooding back. Memories of being tortured by that sick doctor is she wasn't able to do what she asked. That man would have ordered her to kill them. He wouldn't be happy until every single officer was dead. And he would just laugh.

Yet here, in a strange twist of fate, was a strange, hooded, blue-eyed man with a sarcastic-sounding flying orb, ordering her to do the exact opposite. She took comfort in doing the opposite of what those people trained her to do.

"Alright, I'll...aim for the legs, or something."

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeisen January 13th 2015, 10:41 pm

(Feel like a fight?)
Jeisen
Jeisen
Post Adept
Post Adept

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Board January 14th 2015, 12:43 am

((Against you? I suppose I could. I don't really know the combat system well. I could do another npc battle or something.))

Annie Taylor (Firefly)
Scratch Board
Scratch Board
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top