The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Warden
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» The Most Dangerous Game
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_vote_lcapHeroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_voting_barHeroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus
Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_vote_lcapHeroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_voting_barHeroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] I_vote_rcap 
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] Empty Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija]

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 20th 2014, 5:00 pm

The piercing blue eyes would bore into the ones that had met with them, widened for a moment before returning to their normal size. ”As you were.” Alexander breathed, cloak of shadows trailing along behind him as he walked past the human, now enthralled by him. It was proving rather easy, breaking into the museum and for the most part turning what should have been the people that he should have worked against him into unwitting allies. All it took was eye contact, and even if the male hated it, that was what the situation required of him. So far that was around three or four people that were working for him, granted he was not expecting them to actually need to do anything, save for acting like he was never there and of course dealing with any footage of him caught by pesky cameras,; though the strange looking backpack of his would deal with that.

Many exhibits within the strange museum would find themselves overlooked, strange things behind glass and overall pointless exhibits. They had their historical significance, but no real value to Alexander, who had something else that he was looking for. It was perhaps one of the lesser exhibits, yet to him it was incredibly important. All he had to do was make sure that he did not screw this up, otherwise that could lead some metahuman fancying themselves a hero trying to stop him. Not that he was really worried about anything like that, considering he was more than prepared for whatever was thrown his way, but then again life had a way of throwing curveballs. It appeared to the layman as a simple tablet, with strange markings upon it as part of some manner of ancient worlds exhibit, but it was not simply that.

Alexander adjusted the strap of his bag, one that held most of his equipment, or rather things that needed to be carried, as the runes themselves were….not crafted as of yet. ”Hmmm this must be it.” Alexander muttered with a small grin, letting his fingertips hover over the glass casing but not actually touching it. If anything, fingerprints would only serve to damn him further and he would not need that, especially considering that Matt would likely not hold such a high opinion of a theif. Tendrils would rise from the dark cloak that encased his form, slowly trying to remove the glass but due to an underestimation of their strength, the glass would shatter under their strength. As the shards of glass began to sprinkle over the tablet, an earsplitting alarm began to sound off, as red lights flashed about, yet that did not alarm the thralls by too much. However, it did draw the attention of a certain Los Angeles police force, as well as possibly anyone with the delusions of heroism.

”No, no no.” Alex muttered irate as the tendrils would curl around the tablet and he moved the hood further over his head and face, muttering something before moving to make his exit.

Last edited by Alex on May 20th 2014, 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1031
Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence
Registration date : 2011-04-04

Back to top Go down

Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] Empty Re: Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija]

Post by Blacklight May 20th 2014, 6:05 pm

“.. So anyway the chief suggested that I take a vacation and here I am” Rick finished his cleverly spun tale and the young blonde seemed more interested than ever. He had wooed her with stories of being a top British detective solving countless crimes; Of course he’d left out the details of his various super-human exploits because, although she was probably too drunk to remember, you could never tell who else was listening. She finished the rest of her ice-cold martini and placed a hand on his chest. “Score” Rick whispered under his breath. He could tell she was interested and so he started to lean in before something else caught his attention.

Travelling on the wind was the howling of an alarm that could only mean a crime was in progress and the accompanying chorus of police sirens meant that it was probably somewhere important. Rick pulled back from the blonde and turned to face the source of the disturbance. From the balcony’s edge he could see five LAPD squad cars pulling up in formation outside of a museum.
“Listen I gotta run…”
He turned back to the blonde only to realise that she had passed out on the bar and was being attended to by the Barman. Making his way to the bathroom he made sure to slip his number in one of her pockets, just in case she woke up later.

As he reached the bathroom he started to remove his shirt and tie to reveal the lightly armoured suit beneath it, he always felt ridiculous having it underneath his clothes but it was situations like this that made it necessary. The glowing purple strips only ever activated when he started running so he never had to worry of being caught out. He placed on his mask and was sure to stash his clothes just above one of the ceiling tiles, somewhere he could find them later.

He dashed with superhuman speed down to ground level and stood outside the large stone building. Rick’s eyes glowed a fluorescent purple as he focused on seeing the infrared spectrum to locate the people inside. “Officers I’m counting five inside, one appears to be only a kid, probably a hostage. If you want to block off some exits I’m just gonna head on in” Rick boomed with extreme confidence. He had, after all, been practicing his hero voice for quite a while now. Dashing past the entrance and a few undisturbed exhibits Rick arrived at the source of the commotion, where he was met by what appeared to be four zombified security guards. Broken glass lay all over the floor and a hooded kid who possessed what appeared to be tentacles and some form of ancient tablet appeared to be running directly towards one of the fire Exits.
“Hey kid, I’d think twice about that if I were you!” Rick shouted before attempting to walk past the security.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija] Empty Re: Heroism is dead [Blacklight and possibly Ouija]

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 20th 2014, 10:25 pm

The tendrils of shadow that radiated from the cloak writhed as Alexander took note of the hero, a low hissing sigh escaping from his lips as he internally cursed his bad luck. ”Consider the worst case scenario and it will happen.” He thought to himself, one of the tendrils coming closer to his body and placing the tablet within his hands, a shard of glass crunching under his right foot. Of course he was expecting the hero to attempt to stop him, yet he had plans for this kind of thing. A small red rune would form under his foot, small but deadly enough within its own right, formed upon one of the fractured bits of a shard of glass. One would call it a mine of sorts, a safeguard incase the hero got any ideas as far as rushing him, the rune of ethereal inscribing upon one of his closed palms to add a certain amount of security.

With an almost unspoken order, one of the guards would draw their taser and with a press of the button the small metal bits attached by wire would shoot out, aiming to latch onto the male and release its electrical pay load. If that did not hit and slow the male down, then the others would do the same, hoping to annoy him enough that he could make his escape. It was all a game of keep away for now, until either he simply took out the hero or his minions did so for him, though it seemed as if he would have to do something. Against metahumans, your run of the mill humans were painfully ineffectual as far as taking one down went. Of course Alexander was about as useful as a human was physically, but his mind was what gave him an advantage, even if he were still eclipsed by his…mentor or whatever Matt was to him.

With the attack upon the hero, Alexander would simply turn and begin walking away.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : [14:27:18] Danny The Sphinx : So, with wealth 2 you get a spoon and then at wealth 3 the spoon can swallow people's souls, and then at 4 it creates blackholes and then at 5 it ends all existence

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 21st 2014, 4:32 am

The small prongs launched from the taser at about 25 mph and hurtled straight towards Blacklight’s chest. Thanks to his excellent reflexes the shot flew straight over his head and snagged one of the guards that was behind him, leaving him to twitch on the marble floor.

“Oh I see how it is” he said seriously, now realising that this kid wasn’t messing around. Two more shots were fired almost simultaneously; Blacklight dived, narrowly missing a first, and getting caught in the leg by the second shot. 50,000 volts were suddenly surging through his body; enough to render a normal human completely limp. This wasn’t the case for Blacklight but it was still incredibly painful. He ripped the prongs from the taser and struggled back up to his feet, three guards left for him to take care of.

“Now guys, I’m really sorry about this..” he spoke apologetically to the brainwashed guards before launching himself into the air and forming two Eskrima sticks out of solid UV light in his hands. Upon landing one of the guards was taken out straight away with a swift swipe of the legs. Another charged him and was met with a sharp uppercut, launching him off his feet into a nearby display cabinet, causing glass and artefacts to spray the floor. Blacklight stood on the spot to observe the rest of the situation. At the back of the room he could make out the kid moving for an exit, yet in front of him the guard had already reloaded the taser cartridge and taken aim. He didn’t want to hurt the kid, criminal or not but he had to at least slow him down. Blacklight heard the click as the guard pulled the trigger and jumped over the extending wires, as he did so he flung one of his sticks straight towards the kids feet, hoping to stall him. He landed a few feet behind the guard in a fighting stance ready to continue.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 21st 2014, 5:00 am

While the enthralled humans distracted the hero, Alexander would be making his grand escape with what he had acquired. He would not waste time fighting every hero that wanted their slice of glory, their villain to defeat. His tongue danced over his lips for a moment, moistening them as he made his way for the emergency exit, where he would exit from there. This hero was indeed the model metahuman, so him defeating the humans with little difficulty was not too surprising, considering that he would have been disappointed otherwise, though them having guns would have made things more interesting. He tapped his glasses, adjusting them so that they sat further up the bridge of his nose as he heard the sound of shattering glass singing out behind him. So they were causing quite the mess, the hero trying to capture the thief and only doing more damage than he did.

”And I’m the criminal?” Alexander muttered slightly annoyed as he turned to examine the fight for a moment, only to see what appeared to be an attack thrown at him. It was within that moment that his mind began to process what was happening, thinking up a proper counter and then reacting. The cloak that covered him would envelope his body and then the stick would seemingly pass through, where it struck puffing a black mist upon contact. One could say that he had become misty shadows, one that made the weapon useless as it clattered to the ground. Upon becoming tangible once again, he glared at the hard light construct, considering how it would become useful to him.

Clicking his tongue lightly, he would wait for the guard to once again fire the taser at the metahuman, however that would not be the end of it, as it was simply a ploy to push him back towards the explode rune, one which would explode upon activation and perhaps atleast force the hero to worry about protecting himself and weaken him enough to allow Alex to leave. Along with the pure destructive force, one would have to worry about the shrapnel that resulted fro, anything caught up within and thrown by the force of the blast. If he were damaged badly, then of course the male would heal him.

Last edited by Alex on May 21st 2014, 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 21st 2014, 8:30 am

The throw had missed; this was really getting serious now. If he didn’t stop this kid now he could wander out into the LAPD firing line and god knows what they would do. Blacklight dispersed both of his fighting sticks and constructed a large staff in his right hand. Time to get rid of the distractions, spinning his staff he caught a third shot from the taser and ripped the gun from the guards hand.
“Kid I really don’t want to hurt you, but this has to stop!”

The guard looked dazed now that he was lacking his weapon, Blacklight swung the staff in a wide arc faster than the guard could react and sent him flying backwards in to the corner of the room. Well that was four down; he turned on the spot to look directly at the kid who now appeared to be waiting for him. Getting a closer look at him he could so how much of a kid that he actually was.
“Jesus kid, what are you like 13?” He started to walk towards the kid kicking the glass out of the way as he went. “What’s your name anyway?” Something was suspicious about the way this kid was standing, Blacklight started scanning all the different light frequencies to see if he could spot anything that would help him out.

He took a few more steps forward and suddenly he spotted it, right in front of his feet, a piece of glass that had a strange discolouration in certain frequencies. He swept his staff at full speed across the floor launching the glass to the far side of the room, but it still wasn’t quick enough, the glass exploded and sent him flying across the room into another display case. The room was now covered in glass and all manner of artefacts; scorch marks covering the wall where the explosion hit.

He didn’t want to admit it, but even by Blacklight's standards that blast hurt. Using his staff to support his weight he pulled himself back up to standing, where he discovered a small glass shard sticking out of his left shoulder blade. He pulled it out and tossed it to the side. No more messing about, this kid was dangerous, any closer and that last blast could have done some serious damage. Weakened as he was this was going to be tricky but there was still no chance he was giving up. He took his staff in his right hand and charged to tackle the cloaked kid!
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 21st 2014, 11:47 am

It seemed that the small ploy to take down the hero was less than successful, but it did seem to do an adequate amount of damage, or so his glasses allowed him to see, a small amount of blood pooling from a shard of glass embedded within his shoulder. Alexander did have to give credit where it was due, the metahuman was persistent, but he couldn’t waste any more time with this little fight. Still, even with the damage done to him the male would continue with his attacks, charging Alexander with still impressive speed, though his movements were all slowed to his advanced mind. While not quite superhuman in processing, it did give him enough time to formulate a proper reaction to the attack. Within a moment the ethereal rune upon his palm would activate, the glow hidden within his palm and when it seemed that the male would connect, he would simply slip through.

With that done Alex took a step forward and turned upon him, stepping back a few more steps. Without really giving the male much time to react, the tendrils of the cloak of shadows would lash out, aiming to wrap around one of his legs and then pull it out from under him, reducing mobility by some; adding the superhuman pressure they could offer to put some pain on the limb too. One could say that he was toying with the metahuman, but he was taking him quite seriously, as he was something that needed to be taken seriously. ”Stand down. You can’t beat me.” Alexander noted, not really able to remove the pronounced English accent from his voice, though the cloak seemed to slightly distort his voice enough that one could not immediately recognize it if he were not wearing it.  One thing one could notice was that there was no arrogance within his voice, only a sort of matter of factness.

While one of the tendrils lashed out, many more would stay at his side, in case it missed and that would serve to protect him. Something felt off, as if he were being watched yet Alexander had checked the museum beforehand so that was improbable.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 21st 2014, 3:19 pm

“Ok kid, gotta admit that was creepy” Blacklight had only managed to stop himself inches from a wall after launching himself straight through the kid. It appeared as if he was just being toyed with, not being able to land a solid hit on this kid. To make matters worse, his healing wouldn’t kick in for quite a while and he was still struggling without full use of his left side.
“Stand down. You can’t beat me” Blacklight turned back to the kid to see a tentacle shooting towards him from the shadowy cloak he was wearing on his back. He dived to the left and it smashed in to the wall behind him, however by time he was back on his feet the thing had reared up for a second strike.

Blacklight back-flipped in to the air hoping for the thing to shoot past him again but this time it waited and caught one of his feet while he was airborne. Whatever it was the thing felt unnatural as it clamped with immense strength around one of his ankles. Blacklight was slammed into the concrete stairs, causing them to shatter and bits of concrete to shatter everywhere.
“Enough with the god damn tentacles dude…” This fight was starting to feel extremely one-sided and he was starting to get concerned that he might not make it out. He struggle back up to one knee and looked straight towards the kid “But for the record… I don’t stand down,” He groaned as he spoke the words but he knew he had to fight, somebody this dangerous couldn’t be allowed back on to the streets. He didn’t want to hurt the kid but the tentacles seemed separate from him and they were doing the major damage at the moment.

He replaced his staff with two small sai’s and braced himself for the next attack, paying close attention to the kid knowing that he probably had a few more tricks up his sleeve. Offensive hadn’t worked; maybe it was time to mix it up a little bit. He planted his feet and stared straight at the kid who was only metres from him.
“Come on the kid, Show me what you got!”
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini May 21st 2014, 6:24 pm

I can not believe you broke into a museum.
"It was for a good cause, Dad."
It is still illegal.
"So is killing people, Dad."
So? I'm a powerful necromancer; not to mention dead. They couldn't arrest me for those crimes if they wanted too.
"..."
You're just some 16 year old wearing eyeliner - arresting you will be childsplay.

"Shut up Dad."
Fine.
"Good."
I didn't want to talk to you anyway.
"Then why are you still- Ugh, nevermind."

Ouija looked over his shoulder in order to ensure that he hadn't been followed. He had heard lots of rumours about this museum; that it was haunted. People always reported seeing shadows out of the corner of their eyes and the men who monitored the cameras sometimes reported seeing doors opening - nothing serious but it was still something Ouija wanted to investigate. After crawling through the cramped vents and managing to fall onto the floor he'd made it inside. Ouija had visited the museum during the day in order to try and learn his way around but at the time it was completely packed with people, everywhere you looked, but now it was empty, hollow and seemed abandoned. And with the lights off, everything looked... different.

He had his dark blue jeans tucked into his shin high boots, which made a clicking noise with every step; which only added to this place's omnious aura. He exhaled slowly and was able to see his breath floating in the windless air. Either he wasn't alone or they had switched the central heating off for the night. He hoped it was the latter. Fastening up his red and black checkered shirt to the third button, he persisted. Hands at his sides with an air of unease. The exhibits went from being interesting to macabre when they were in the dark, only being able to see the vaguest of outlines in the dark.

"Ugh, I can barely see anything."

You have a flash light in your pocket, you moron.
"Thanks." he made sure to fill his voice with venomous sarcasm before reaching into his back pocket and removing a small silver cylinder and twisting the top in order to turn it on.

It cast a dim but welcome light infront of him and he discovered he was a step away from walking straight into the skeletal frame of a velociraptor. He yanked his head back and nearly fell on his ass, shining the light at it again to reveal it was nothing more than a plastic replica. Exhaling at his own foolishness he helped himself to his feet and continued his search for the unwelcome spectre - if there even was one here. The plan was going swimmingly; until he glanced at the glass lining the sides of the roof and saw red and blue lights dancing against the window panes and now that he was focusing on it he could hear a distant chorus of sirens.

"Shit! How did they know I was in here!I was sure that no-one was watching when I crawled in here!"
Hey, moron, they have cameras you know.
"... Why didn't you point this out before I crawled in here."
I did not feel like it.
"I hate you."
No you don't.

He bit his lip in panic, and ran a hand through his hair - it starting to dampen with nervous sweats.

"Maybe if I make for the exit now, I can get out before they know I'm here."

Oh, but what about the poor dear soul who is trapped wondering this dull place for eternity?
"I'm not going to jail for someone who may or may not be here!"
Good - I have no intentions of getting incarcerated with you either, so get a move on.

Listening to his dad, Ouija started jogging up some stairs and into a hallway like room. Shining the light on a plaque nailed to wall - it held some vague directions. Exit, left. Medieval Period, right. Turning left, he ran through the halls but skidded to a halt at an archway leading to another exhibit room, nearly falling onto his knees. He could hear voices, a man's the most dominant of the two. He kept his back pressed the arches' frame in order to remain hidden.

'Maybe they're not here for me afterall.' Ouija spoke quietly, in a hushed tone.
It would appear so.
What should I do?
... I'd vote wait it out, or maybe you should sneak past.

Clentching his hands into fists, he turned off the flashlight and let himself slide onto the floor; breathing heavily. However when at explosion went off against the otherside of the wall he was hiding behind the room was filled with an uncomfortable heat and he found himself rolling violently across the floor from the shockwave and smacking into the wall on the opposite side of the hall way.

So that just happened.
"Ow." he groaned.
Don't you dare get my future body damage.
"Shut up... D-dad."

Ouija held onto his ribs and winced, his eyes closing over for a few seconds - before he pushed himself into a stand. With a limp he walked back over to the arch way, and peered out to get a good look at the now somewhat burnt scene. A man, dressed in black with several purple lines running up and down his suit of modern armour was being tossed around like a ragdoll by some sort of cloaked figure. His eyes narrowed, and he licked his lips ever so slightly.

No.
"I have too."
You are not helping him!
"Um, yeah - I am."
I hate you.
"No you don't." He grinned.

Slowly, he stepped out from behind the arch way and closed his eyes. When they shot open again they had swirled pure white, and his mouth moved like he was speaking backwards; and a weird whispering filled the room. Suddenly, the shadows were groaning and from their seemingly infinite depths two black floating shapeless blobs ascended, with black tentacles curling in the air - their entire bodies seemed to wither in and out of view. Kevin's eyes rolled back into the front of his head and he looked at the two spirits he had just conjured. I couldn't have used a weaker one, could I? he criticised himself internally before raising his hands - a gentle green glow filling them; the pentacles tattoed onto his palms charging up a blast. One of the phantoms extended it's telekinetic powers and attempted to throw 'Alex' into the wall. If this place wasn't haunted before, it certainly was now.

The ghosts:
Gemini
Gemini
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 111
Humor : You relieved or satisfied a demand or feeling all over my face
Registration date : 2013-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 21st 2014, 6:46 pm

The first strike with the tendril was for the most part a failure, yet the second attempt was able to wrap around the males ankle and then toss him much like a ragdoll. Any normal person would have found themselves dazed, pained and for the most part down, yet that was not the case for this one. Why would he not stand down when it was obvious that Alexander outclassed him in everyway? It could have been chalked up to the male simply being stubborn, not wanting to let the villain escape or whatever. So he would have to get to making the hero unable to persue him any further, simply due to the fact of Alexander not having any form of superhuman physicality and the fact that this guy was rather swift. The shadowy tendrils would begin to move restlessly, flailing about in the darkness as they prepared for another strike but then the strange whispers began to increase in volume.

Cold tremors ran up his spine as he searched for the source of these sounds, brilliant blue eyes looking everywhere. His spectacles would flicker through the multiple settings, until they took upon one that he had initially thought he would not see, until of course now. His master had suggested something like that, jokingly of course but in the end a setting that allowed him to see ghosts would be useful. An invisible force slammed into Alexander, followed by him being lifted from his standing position and flying backwards much like one would throw a rag doll. He was caught off guard, eyes flashing widely for a moment as he felt himself hit a wall, breath knocked out of him and the sound of something breaking ringing through his ears.

A sharp pain would lance through his right thigh, Alexander hissing harshly under his breath as his vision swam. This was what one would call an unknown variable, and those were things that Alex hated with burning passion. He formed a single rune upon his other hand, and glaring to a point across the room, a small rune would form itself there and within an instant he was gone. It was upon that spot that he appeared, landing upon the leg and growling to himself before falling to his knees, removing the pressure applied. What appeared upon the scene were two indistinct shapes, ones that likely unleashed the telekinetic assaults upon him, damaging the young male more than he had expected. From what he could tell, his leg was broken and that meant that he would not be doing any sort of running, not by the traditional sense anyway.

”Dammit.” Alexander muttered removing two metallic spheres from a larger leather satchel at his side, both of them beeping a moment before beginning to hover around Alexander as the male simply crouched there, for the most part trying to think through the immense pain of his leg, not wanting to waste a rune that would prove useful in a later time. One of them produce what looked like a barrel and fired off a high speed red projectile, aimed for one of the specters, followed by another for the other.
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 21st 2014, 7:39 pm

He was still braced but the attack had never come, instead what Blacklight witnessed was the kid suddenly fly off of his feet and crash into one of the nearby walls with a deafening thud. Before he could say a thing the kid had vanished into thin air and reappeared on the other side of the room. “What the-“ and then he saw it. What could only be described as two ghosts were floating in the air, not typical storybook ghosts though, more phantoms of pure darkness.
“Oh this is fantastic! Ghosts and tentacles?! Hey any werewolves about that want to get in on this?”

Blacklight's attention turned to the unconscious security guards; they had wanted no part of this, they were just security guards minding their own business. Getting them out was his priority, after all he had no idea how messy this could get! Digging deep he ran full speed to each security guard and dragged them all outside to the LAPD,
“Officers these men need medical help. Oh and unless you have the Ghostbusters on speed dial I’d sit this one out!” Blacklight couldn’t help but laugh at himself for that one, Ghostbusters. Genius.

He charged back inside but lost his footing and hurtled into one of the broken displays. This hadn’t happened to him before, but carrying four people with a fairly deep wound on his shoulder had really cost him. He could see the boy he had previously been fighting crouching on the floor, he was obviously in a lot of pain and on closer inspection appeared to have suffered a fracture of some sort in his leg. Considering what they had done before Blacklight was very concerned that the ghosts would attack again and do even more damage. Suddenly the kid produced what were probably more weapons and sure enough they started firing projectiles in the air. Blacklight constructed himself a shield to cover behind in case these things caused as much damage as some of the previous magic, he was very doubtful that he could take another serious hit.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini May 22nd 2014, 3:09 pm

After the phantoms threw the child through the air and against the wall, Ouija cringed when he heard the violent crunching noise. He looked to the place he landed, worried that the ghosts might have been a bit too rough with him. He walked across the room, glass crunching underneath his boots. He was about 6 feet away from the kid, and about to reach down to see if he was ok. "Are you alri-?!" Ouija staggered backwards and gasped when ever the child disappeared. Wow, he can teleport. Interesting. Ouija uneasily glanced around the area, but was unable to see him - mainly due to the dimly lit shadows concealing the boy's location.

He turned to the left and began walking across the room towards Blacklight. Both he and his father were impressed by how quickly he was able to move; he had moved all of the wounded officers out of the room in under 30 seconds. Ouija was intrigued by the bright lights which he left behind him when he ran. They were a dark purple and filled the room with an oxymoronic dark light.

"He's fast."
I noticed.
"...."
What?
"..."
Fine, be that way.

When the speedster dashed back into the room Ouija raised both hands in a semi-surrendering manner to show that he was on his side but took a step back whenever the bright speedster just ran straight into an exhibit's cage, shattering it and probably his face. On closer inspection of Ouija's hands you would see pentagrams seemingly tattooed onto their palms as well as several mystical patterns stained down left wrist, which crawled down and under his sleeve. On his right wrist, black beads jingled - a small crucifix hanging down from one.

"Whoa - are you alright?"
Aren't you forgetting something.
Ouija didn't answer, not wanting to speak to himself in front of a stranger.
Something important.
He covered his mouth with the side his hand and turned his head to the left ever so slightly, in a hope that it would some how conceal his apparent insanity.
"What?" he whispered.
... The spirits.

Widening his eyes, Ouija turned around and returned his focusto both the ghosts before he got so distracted that they gained their own freewill and began doing what angry poltergeists usually do. Destroying stuff. The dark clouds with faces slithered through the air and made their way back to where Ouija was standing. That was until one of them viciously exploded with a screaming echo and when it's particles were expelled in every direction, Ouija was knocked onto the floor by the force of it; cutting his plams on some of the glass which had been littered all over the floor. After seeing it's partner obliterated the second phantom pivoted on the spot; The air infront of it seemed to quiver and grow slightly darker; the projectile which was aimed at it being guided off it's course and smashing into a display cabinet sending ever move glass over the floor. Then it slowly began to creep towards the bullet's source; every unbroken piece of glass it glided past cracking violently, but not shattering. If it found the source of the assault it would attempt to lift him into the air and slam him onto the glass covered ground.

Try not to get shot.
"... Thanks for the advice."
You are very welcome.

Ouija rubbed his forehead, accidentally smearing black blood on it and looked to see that the one in the apparent super suit had created a shield in order to protect himself. Taking inspiration from the idea, Ouija scuttled across the floor - his fingers getting cut a few more times by the glass.

"Ow!"
'Ow'? What are you - 9?

He placed his back against the solid bottom of a display cabinet. The glass above had smashed but the marble cube which is was rested on top of was not; it was behind that that Ouija found a safe spot from any bullets which might try to find their way to his body. He was also very careful that he kept a majority of his will focused on the spirit. If he forgot about it for too long eventually it would be free to do whatever it wished; and what it wished was to hurt people.

Gemini
Gemini
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Reynolds May 22nd 2014, 7:09 pm

Alexander experimentally patted on his right thigh, only intensifying the pain that lanced through the limb and drawing a low strangled pained sound from the male as he bit on his lower lip. Well, there was no rest for the wicked, or morally ambiguous as the situation was at the moment. Given his current situation, Alexander was not expecting to get away without atleast spending what one would considering an important rune, to fix the damaged leg. Forming along his neck was a small blue rune, strange and intricate in design, hidden beneath the darkness of the billowing black cloak. Broken and cracked bones would begin to knit back together, leaving his leg with a strange itching sensation that he could not scratch, yet it took the pain away and soon enough he could stand to his feet, releasing a low sigh from his mouth as he looked over the two now standing against him.

From what he could tell, the light based hero had nothing to do with the strange spirits and the goth looking one had some form of magical ability, which made him the likely spirit summoner. If he thought he had the advantage before, the new development somewhat changed that, considering that this newcomer was a person with unknown capabilities; save for necromancy. All that he knew was that his former pawns were taken out, and that meant he would atleast have more free reign without having to worry about killing them. Reaching into the satchel, Alexander removed what looked like two more spheres, ones that he dropped onto the ground as they seemed to twitch and then parts would rapidly form from them. In a matter of a minute they would form two automota, strange in appearance with spindly metallic legs, a glowing looking core within their chest and cannon like extensions from their arms.

Hopefully he would not need to take them on in any sort of short range confrontation, otherwise Alexander felt like he would come up on the short end of the ordeal. One of the newly produced robots would release a powerful burst of white energy from one of its arms, towards one of the spirits. Alexander however stepped behind it and before the other one as it produced a field of energy around him, followed by one of the strange floating spheres forming a field of energy over that one, leaving him protected for the most part as the rivet drone simply floated around his defenses, lazily taking a potshot at the photokinetic.

Enforcer Drone grids:
Jordan Reynolds
Jordan Reynolds
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 22nd 2014, 7:58 pm

The explosion hadn’t been as bad as anticipated; a few shards of glass had bounced off of his shield but nothing major. Suddenly a series of disturbing bodily sounds started coming from the kid’s general direction. Blacklight had no idea how but the broken leg seemed to be pulling itself back together, to the extent that he was now able to stand again. Raising himself to his feet this kid stood strongly with his dark cloak billowing behind him. This had certainly all taken a rather dramatic turn since the other kid joined in, it was clear to Blacklight that he had good intentions but was perhaps not fully in control of the power that he possessed. He was taking cover now behind a marble case, having what appeared to be a monologue with himself or somebody that Blacklight simply couldn’t hear.

As the other kid reached into his satchel, Blacklight shouted over to the young conjurer. “Hey, Ghost dude… What’s your name?” He kept his eyes on the boy in the cloak to make sure he wasn’t trying anything tricky “Listen, I could probably use your help here. Just tell Caspar up there not to break him again, ok?”
Cloak boy produced what appeared to be more floating orbs, except these ones began to transform into drones of some sort and looked ready to fight.

Blacklight gripped his shield closely readying himself for what was about to come. A variety of peculiar energy shields appeared to be forming around the kid, which was going to make this whole situation even harder. He knew he had to prioritise the destruction of these weird pieces of machinery if he was going to anywhere close to this kid again. His eyes started to glow an even brighter purple as he tried to anticipate when an attack would come in his direction. He had calculated the best move he could make and an increase in heat within the floating machinery prompted him that it was time. As the blast was fired in his direction he swung his shield to block it, sending it hurtling skyward dislodging a few ceiling tiles as it did so. Capitalising on the momentum from the swing and knowing this could be one of his strongest chances he pivoted on the spot and launched his shield towards the unprotected force-field drone, a purple glow following the entire move which in reality took less than a second to complete.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Gemini May 24th 2014, 12:08 pm

“Hey, Ghost dude… What’s your name?”
Ghost dude?
"It's Kevin."
Correct him.
"No."
Ugh.

Biting his lips to stop himself from yelling at his dad Kevin clentched his fists and slowly peered out from the side of his cover in order to try get a look at the situation. Nothing much had changed from what he could see, but what he could see was very little. He bolted his back against the marble cube once again. “Listen, I could probably use your help here. Just tell Caspar up there not to break him again, ok?” Kevin rolled his eyes while out of sight. "It's not that easy...'

Ouija's attention was grabbed by a sudden bright white light filling the room, taking the form off a beam of energy. The black spirit's figure was engulfed and then dissipated; leaving nothing more than a screaming sound which commited evanescence. Ouija covered his ears and the noise, and he could even feel his father cringing at the screech. He didn't know what to do. He simply shrunk his figure down a little more so that he could hide behind his cover more effectively.

"Well... What now?"

How about you ask your new friend.
"He's not my frie- ugh."
Oh, did I win that one?

Ouija peered out from behind his cover and called over to the hero known as Blacklight, who was currrently repelling what looked like a bullet with a dark purple shielf of light. He curled a hand around his mouth to amplify his voice over the sound of the shields. "What's the plan?" Ouija hoped he had one, because he certainly didn't know what to do. The only idea he had was extremely dangerous, painful and stressful; things he was most certainly not going to put himself through because some guy in a cape wants to steal some pretty looking rock.

(I forced myself to write this without muse so I aplogise for it's... :stare:ness)
Gemini
Gemini
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top