The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:05 pm by Rorking

» The Warden
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Blacklight I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Blacklight I_vote_lcapBlacklight I_voting_barBlacklight I_vote_rcap 
Rorking
ghost
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Blacklight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Blacklight Empty Blacklight

Post by Blacklight May 11th 2014, 4:05 pm

Blacklight
The Ultraviolet Man

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Blacklight
Title: Detective
Alignment: Lawful Hero
Race: MetaHuman
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Purple
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 195 lbs (89 kg)
Blood type: O-

The Looks

Rick is a fit 22 year old Male, he has Mid length blonde hair and Five o’clock shadow style stubble. His eyes are abnormal in that they are purple in colour, however he usually wears coloured lenses to protect his identity. When fighting crime he wears a Lightly Armoured full body suit. The suit is a metallic black/dark grey that has Neon purple strips starting at the neck down his arms to a Skeletal pattern from his wrists with small hoops on the knuckles. He wears a small black eye mask and his eyes Glow ultraviolet when in costume.
Spoiler:

The Legacy

Personality:
Rick is a mild mannered man that people find it really easy to warm to. He is a good guy through and through, always doing whatever it takes to do the right thing. He has a strong belief in upholding the law but has a core set of ideals and a sense of morality that means he will break it if absolutely necessary to do the right thing.

Being a very light-hearted person he is often quipping jokes and one liners in the heat of battle. However, the other side to this is that he has a tendency to be a little hot-headed and overconfident, which can leave him in tricky positions. He is also very outgoing in his everyday life and has a reputation as being a bit of a party animal. He has a real weak spot for Females, in other words he's a major flirt and quite the 'Ladies-Man.'

He keeps his identity a secret from all of his close friends and family for fear that harm could come to them and also that he could lose his job if he was caught.

Rick has a very determined personality which serves him well in a fight, however coupled with his beliefs it means that if absolutely necessary he would be willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to do the right thing.

History:
Rick was born in London in 1998 to Natasha and Adrian Roberts. As an only child he grew up close to his parents until his mum passed away to cancer when he was only 8 years old. After that it was just him and his father and the two of them became practically inseparable for his adolescent years. Rick now lives on his own but still keeps in regular contact with his father who remains a huge part of his life.

His father had always ensured a high sense of morality within him and this was what prompted Rick to join the police force at the age of only 16. After three years of excelling in his position, Rick took the necessary exams and ascended to the role of a Detective.

At the age of 21, Rick joined Scotland Yard, where he was called to investigate a double homicide at a scientific research facility. Whilst investigating Rick discovered that the murderer was still hidden inside the building and attempted to catch him, a fight ensued in one of the laboratories where Rick quickly got the upper hand, however the criminal grabbed hold of a group of syringes and slammed them in to Ricks neck, contaminating him with an assortment of radioactive chemicals which activated his Dormant Meta-genes. Rick threw the assailant and removed the syringes from his neck, as the murderer attempted to escape, however rick quickly got back up and tackled the man smashing a control panel in the process. In seconds the room filled with pure UV Radiation horribly burning both Rick and the criminal.

A month later Rick woke up in a hospital feeling strangely energetic and without a mark on him. After being discharged later that day he discovered that he had undergone quite severe changes while in a coma and that he was now capable of extra-ordinary things. In the aftermath of the events he decided to take up martial arts so that in future he could better protect himself.

Less than a year later Rick has taken to the idea of being a ‘Super-hero’ and started moonlighting as a crime fighter, often seeking out the criminals that avoid the justice system including a large number of wealthy and connected criminals. He is starting to become very well practiced in his new superhuman powers of which his knowledge is constantly evolving.

The Powers

Power 1: Ultra-violet light absorption: Absorbs energy from Ultra-violet Light allowing him to heal at a slightly accelerated rate. Cuts/scrapes in 5ish minutes. Wounds like 2nd degree burns, smaller gashes take 30mins-1hr and big wounds would take hours or days to fully recover.

Power 2: Speedster: Due to a high level of energy absorption his cells are fuelled with ultraviolet radiation, allowing him to travel at superhuman speeds, while leaving a trail of ultraviolet light behind him.

Power 3: Energy Manipulation: He can create a wide array of ‘Hard’ Light weapons, which possess a purple colour due to the ultra-violet light that they are composed of.

Power 4: Enhanced Sight: He has the ability to see across the entire light spectrum, allowing him to see things most people would miss.

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: 0
Strength: 2
Speed: 6
Durability: 4
Ability: 7(Energy Manipulation) 2(Healing) 1(Enhanced Sight)
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

Last edited by Blacklight on May 18th 2014, 8:12 am; edited 10 times in total
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Blacklight Empty Re: Blacklight

Post by Forceaus May 11th 2014, 4:28 pm

First off, the year here is 2020, not 2014.

The character's healing power, energy manipulation and enhanced sight will all cost separate points in ability. Enhanced sight will cost 1 ability. The other two can cost whatever you want them to, but the power points you spent into them, the more powerful they'll be. Just so you know they can collectively go over 8, just not individually. Your grid will look something like this.

Ability: #(Healing), #(energy manipulation), 1(Enhanced sight)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : I am hilarious, and you will quote everything I say.

Number of posts : 2604
Job : It pays the bills
Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 11th 2014, 7:22 pm

Heya, must have misread that part so i'll correct the dates!

As for the other bit, does that mean that i split the 8 ability points up between them?
Or that they count as three entirely seperate abilities so i treat them as different things?

Thanks!

Update: I've tried changing things around to what i think they should be like, Hope that's all good!
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 11th 2014, 8:07 pm

You have 29 points spent. The first point in wealth is free.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Humor : I'm the cult of personality and history shows again and again that nature points out the folly of man.

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 12th 2014, 3:40 am

OK, just fixed that, hope it's all good!
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 12th 2014, 8:02 pm

Ok new update: I've made minor personality/history tweaks and have finalised the grid for the character!

If you have any more improvements you'd recommend let me know, otherwise i cant wait to get started! Very Happy
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Forceaus May 12th 2014, 10:30 pm

Approved until stated otherwise

Spoiler:
Forceaus
Forceaus
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard May 17th 2014, 12:54 pm

Unapproved for modification/edits to the character description area.

-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 17th 2014, 1:29 pm

All fixed up, hope it's all ok! Very Happy
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight May 18th 2014, 8:16 am

Would it be possible for me add a speed burst to my powers? I'm talking pure RP Mechanic that allows Rick to run momentarily at the speed of light in a solid burst as a method of entering threads.
No combat usage or anything practical.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackbird May 18th 2014, 1:31 pm

You'll have to wait until your character has 10 SPD for that, otherwise the app is approved!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
click the image for her application
Other Characters:
Blackbird
Blackbird

Quote : "I am not friends with Elaine!"

"... okay, maybe we're sort of friends."

Number of posts : 32
Job : Thief
Registration date : 2014-03-12

Back to top Go down