The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Randolph
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» The Deal and The Hit
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 13th 2024, 12:52 am by Cynical_Aspie

» Bloodfang
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

» Designer/Mutilator
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 9:29 pm by Secret Santa

» The Chernobyl Anomalous Zone (AKA "The Zone")
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_icon_minitimeMarch 23rd 2024, 6:27 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
inquisitor
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_vote_lcapShowing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_voting_barShowing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_vote_lcapShowing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_voting_barShowing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) I_vote_rcap 
Lazarus

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) Empty Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight)

Post by Cyarm July 11th 2014, 8:11 am

((Alright, so I'm trying a little something... unorthodox and different... with my RP style. God, I hope it's acceptable... o_o))

POW! BOOM! He goes flying. WHAM! BAP! Down that guy goes! Yeah, I'm awesome at this! Though this whole crime fighting thing feels a little less challenging than I'd hoped. Oh wait, how rude of me... I should probably go ahead and introduce myself first. I'm Andrew Cyarm, I'm a devilishly handsome supermodel AND an equally if not more so devilishly handsome superhero. Well... I don't know if I qualify as a superhero yet. I mean, I've spent the last few years training my body and mind for this whole deal. See, I only figured out a few years ago that I've got the meta-human gene thingy in my body. Turns out my folks, that I never met on account of me growing up in an orphanage, passed it on down to me.

Anyways, where was I? Oh yeah, crime fighting. So here I am on tour in Europe, doing some catwalk stuff, some photo shoots, y'know, model stuff and I figure during my day off that I might try and get a start on this whole crime fighting thing. I mean, I haven't actually tested my skills in like, live situations or anything, so I figured screw it, why the hell not? Now's a good a time as any. So I grabbed some materials and stuff from one of the tailors on set, and stitched together this little number I'm wearing right now. A flashy white ensemble with some black designs and stuff. I gotta say, if this whole modeling thing didn't work out as well as it did, I could have been a kickass tailor myself. I did kinda cheat and swipe a pair of gloves, boots and a scarf from the shoot. Sue me, I'm not perfect. I'm wearing the scarf thing over my mouth and a pair of my own personal badass sunglasses to kinda keep my identity on the down-low. I think me coming out as a meta would majorly mess with my career. I've got a good thing going right now and I don't wanna throw a monkey in the works.

So anyways, if I could manage to maybe get on track for a second and not go on another tangent ... I fixed up some gear and hit the streets, looking in every alleyway I could to find some seedy no-good bad-doing bad-doers. If there's one place to find 'em, it's definitely in an alleyway. C'mon, when have you NOT seen a dark alleyway with some seedy looking guys doing something even seedier in it? So by my luck, in the first alley I find, there's a group of these dudes just all looking hush hush and trading things back and forth. So in a flash, I dash down the alley and without giving these guys two seconds to think, BAM, I send the whole group in different directions. Now then, with my handiwork done, I'm gonna take a look at what's in these suitcases that these guys are handling.

*CLICK*

Aaaand score. Bags of the white stuff in one case and stacks of money in the other. Y'did good Andrew... er... Metrosexual Messiah. Yeah, that's my superhero name. Impressive, right? I spent like, 6 months coming up with that. I know you're jealous and you want me to think of an awesome superhero name for you, but I can't right now. I'm too busy being a kickass superhero myself. I look down at the boys I've beaten and wonder what I'm supposed to do now. Oh yeah! I should probably say something witty and badass and heroic and stuff. It should probably have something to do with drugs too. Oh wait, I got just the thing!  I puff out my chest and in a deep, booming voice, I boast.

"Crime doesn't pay boys! Now stick that in your pipe and smoke it!"

NAILED IT! Alright, on to the next seedy alleyway! Watch out London, Metrosexual Messiah is on patrol!
Cyarm
Cyarm

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2014-07-07

Back to top Go down

Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) Empty Re: Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight)

Post by Blacklight July 11th 2014, 5:43 pm

Rick had been away for so long it felt good to finally be back in London. He had wrapped up most of the cases he was working on so was just out patrolling the streets. Being a detective he wasn't in a uniform so was just wearing his standard leather jacket and jeans, the weather was a lot cooler here than it had been in the states so he was wearing his other suit underneath the clothes in case the situation called for it. He had decided to walk around the city and appreciate it more, whilst being able to get in close with the citizens and remain relatively discreet. He wasn't entirely sure what type crime he was looking for, anything would really do as it had been a relatively boring day; at least in comparison to how his vacation had panned out. Most crimes he would tackle in his clothes as he was, Detective Rick Roberts. However, if he saw anything too dangerous going on he would make a quick change and intervene as Blacklight.

He liked to keep the alleys clean so he decided to leave the main streets and take a little detour. He was in one of the less safe neighbourhoods so there was usually something around for him to intervene with. Turning a corner he spotted two shady looking men holding a large black briefcase, they were about 20 years old and were walking with trousers hanging somewhere between their knees and their arse. 'This is a good place to start' he thought to himself as he began to tail the individuals. Letting them move round the corner ahead of him he jumped to a fire escape and climbed his way up to the roof; he preferred getting an eagle eye view when he was following people because it drew less attention and people never thought to find a place that would obstruct the view from above. Crouching on a roof nearby he watched as the men stopped to meet up with more individuals, all very similar looking. Another briefcase was present at the scene which was always a promising sign. He edged himself as close as he could and waited for the exchange to happen, which would give him probable cause to search the individuals and make an arrest.

Suddenly a man at the edge of the street caught his eye and how could he not in a bright white outfit the would have belonged on a catwalk but not in a dingy back alley. The man was standing at the end of the alleyway obviously preparing himself for something while watching the dodgy conversations going on. Suddenly he dashed with incredible speed down the alley and attacked sending the men flying into the walls.
Rick had to admit he was caught off guard by this but knew it definitely wasn't time for him to be making an appearance as himself so he began to change. In seconds he had taken off his jacket and jeans to reveal the armoured suit with neon purple strips that was underneath. Leaning back to the edge he saw the man reach into one of the bags and remove a bag of what looked like cocaine before putting it back in the briefcase. Well thank god it was at least drugs and this guy hadn't just beaten the crap out of a couple dudes with brifcases. Blacklight couldn't hear fully what the man said but made out a few words of it. He had to stop himself from bursting out laughing. Had this guy really just told a bunch of crack dealers to stick it in their pipe and smoke it? That was priceless.

As soon as he had finished his little quip the 'hero' ran off, leaving a briefcase full of money and another of cocaine just sitting in the street for anybody to find. Forming a hard-light grappling hook Blacklight dropped himself down to street level before it disappeared leaving no trace. He quickly grabbed both of the suitcases and ran with them to a nearby dumpster in which he concealed them beneath a few bin bags and closed the lid. With that taken care of he ran after the hero to intervene before he did anything else. The hero must have been fairly new to everything as he didn't handle himself like a professional and his actions were very gung-ho. When he finally caught up with the hero he charged in front of him hoping to stop him in his path.
"Hey hold up a second," he observed the man up close and could see he was fairly well built with his face obscured by a scarf and sunglasses.
"My names Blacklight and I think you and I need to have a little talk about what just went down over there."

((OOC: I've never seen anything saying it's not allowed and it works and you write it well so I'd say keep it up Razz))
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2014-05-11

Back to top Go down

Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight) Empty Re: Showing The New Guy The Ropes (Blacklight)

Post by Cyarm July 11th 2014, 8:38 pm

So where was I? Oh yeah, so I'm dashing out of the alley when this dude just appears out of nowhere. He's rocking a black suit with purple stripes. Guy looks like something out of the movie Tron.
"Hey hold up a second," says the guy as he cut me off, forcing me to stop in my tracks. "My names Blacklight and I think you and I need to have a little talk about what just went down over there."

Alright, so I gotta assess this situation. I just beat up some drug dealing scumbags... and now I'm being cut off by a guy in a bodysuit that looks like it came out of the movie Tron. Yeah, I made the same joke twice. It was a good joke that deserved to be told more than once. Wanna fight about it? Anyways, it doesn't take two geniuses to figure out that by the look of his getup, I've clearly already caught the attention of a super-villain. Now I'm not saying I'm scared of a little fight... buuuuut I'm not sure I'm ready to take on another super just yet. I gesture my reluctance as I reply.

"Whoa whoa, I don't need any trouble! Look... were those your boys? I didn't mean to cut into your business. man... look, I left the stuff in the alley. You can go get it yourself. Alright? We cool?"
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 12th 2014, 2:05 am

'Seriously? This guy thinks I look like a drug dealer?' Blacklight thought to himself as the man responded to his interruption. It was becoming apparent that this kid was maybe not the sharpest tool in the shed but he had power and seemed intent on doing good with it. That was definitely enough for Blacklight to work with, maybe he could guide this kid and help him in some way.
"Woah woah, I am not a drug dealer!" He replied to the mans initial query "I'm one of the good guys, I just think you could maybe benefit from a little guidance is all!" He walked a little closer to the man holding an open stance to appear friendly and approachable. He could tell in the way that this guy stood that he was really in love with himself. Blacklight was cocky and he was well aware of it, but this guy took things to a whole a new level.

"First off mate, why don't you tell me your name? Then I'm sure we can have a chat or maybe patrol the streets together for a bit." As he hadn't been using his powers for a while Blacklight's neon strips began to power down to just a faint glow, which was useful as he was trying to not intimidate the guy. Up close he could see the other mans white suit even more and agreed with his earlier summary, it definitely looked like high fashion and it was completely undisturbed so he doubted that the guy had been doing his thing very long. He hoped the guy would agree as he got a certain sense of satisfaction showing somebody the ropes and it was always useful to have a second pair of hands around.
"So what do ya say?"
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyarm July 12th 2014, 6:57 am

This... this is all still really shifty to me. Like, this sounds like the stuff you say to a guy when you want to get him to lower his guard... and then when he's all trusting-like, then BAM! Lead pipe to the back of the head outta nowhere. I don't see any lead pipes around though. Maybe I'll just play it safe and take his word for it for now... though my guard AIN'T dropping, that's for damn sure.

"Yeah... sure.... I'm An... Metrosexual Messiah. You can just call me Metro for short."

Whoops, almost stumbled and said my real name there. THAT'D BE REAL SMART, DUMBASS.

"I didn't think you were a drug dealer though. I mean... maybe not... you're wearing that getup there with the glowy bits and stuff, so you're obviously a super. I kinda thought you might be a supervillain is all."
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 12th 2014, 7:47 am

It was evident that man still didn't trust him so he was going to have to try and earn it somehow. He went to introduced himself and stumbled for a second, nearly revealing his identity before correcting himself.
"Haha identity stuff's tricky right? I did that countless times at the beginning, don't worry it gets easier!"
Metrosexual Messiah was what he called himself: Metro.
'Good god this guy's even more in love with himself than I thought!'

Blacklight had an idea he hoped would pay off, he didn't know if he could trust this guy or not so he took a leap of faith with what he chose to say.
"Look Metro, I'm not a super-villain or anything like that. Truth be told I'm a cop, before these powers kicked in that's all I really was," He studied the mans behaviour to see if he was easing up but he couldn't tell yet "the reason I'm telling you this is because I know a thing or two about how to handle crime. Here follow me."

He began to walk further back into the alley to patrol for some new crimes to deal with, he knew he had to talk to this man but there was no reason he couldn't multi-task. Plus, seeing him actually take on some crime might finally gain the trust of Metro.
"First off I watched you with them guys back there... You can't just run in and start attacking people like that! You were lucky they had drugs but for all you knew they were trading some goddamn Pokemon cards!"
He had a little laugh at the end of his sentence as the prospect of a back alley Pokemon trade was funny but not altogether impossible. He turned behind him to check the hero was still following and continued his speech. This time however he stopped and a more serious tone was present in his voice.
"Second thing, you left the drugs in the street man. That's one of the big No-No's! What would have happened if another junkie had walked by and picked the drugs and money up? You'd have done all of that for nothing! Even worse, what if a kid walks by and picks it up? They're just the little things you've got to think about!"
He resumed his walk again and began to approach another alley that he had been aware of for a while, using his enhanced vision he had already found the crime present in heat signatures left behind by guns and footprints. He held a hand up behind him signalling the other hero to stops turning to him he spoke in a hushed voice.
"Look here for example, now tell me how you'd handle this."
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyarm July 12th 2014, 10:00 am

So this Flashlight guy and I turn and head down the alleyway, and wouldn't you know it... the cop starts lecturing me. Shocker, yeah, I know. It's probably second nature for him at this point.

"First off I watched you with them guys back there... You can't just run in and start attacking people like that! You were lucky they had drugs but for all you knew they were trading some goddamn Pokemon cards!"

I bite my tongue. Luck schmuck, who the hell trades anything in an alleyway that ISN'T something illegal? You'd think a cop would know that. He'd probably spout something back like "innocent until proven guilty" or something. Cops are supposed to have all the facts before making arrests or making moves like that. See, this is why bad guys get away all the time, because they're too busy usin' loopholes and stupid stuff like that. See, my brand of justice is swift and fast. It lives fast, dies hard and leaves a beautiful corpse. Just like I plan to. Stalactite stops me as he gets onto his second point.

"Second thing, you left the drugs in the street man. That's one of the big No-No's! What would have happened if another junkie had walked by and picked the drugs and money up? You'd have done all of that for nothing! Even worse, what if a kid walks by and picks it up? They're just the little things you've got to think about!"

Aw crap, he's got me there. Guess I didn't think about that. I dunno, maybe a part of me believed there was some sort of all knowing all watching force out there that swoops in when a guy like me does his thing. Anyways, he quickly leads me through a couple blocks on the back roads until we reach another alleyway. He gestures for me to look inside the alley.

"Look here for example, now tell me how you'd handle this."

Alright so from what I can see... oh shit, it's a gang war. There's two sides of kids not much younger than me with guns and gang colors. Two sets of two. Uh... wow... this is a little more difficult when they're armed and likely to mess me up. A part of me wants to just bust in there... buuuut... I don't know if I can take a bullet or not. I don't really know how my meta-human DNA has affected my defenses, if at all. It's something I'd rather not know to be honest. I look at Backbite and give him an honest answer in a whisper, as not to raise attention.

"I... have absolutely no goddamn idea."
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 13th 2014, 2:16 pm

"I... Have absolutely no goddamn idea."

Rick didn't think that he would ever hear this guy lost for words but then this wasn't your typical first day on the job situation. A few kids had gotten into a heated dispute, and they were holding weapons while shouting at each other. Just handguns so it wasn't like they were going to do major damage but he would still rather avoid getting shot. They were standing in a sort of courtyard so there was a fair distance between them but they were still quite enclosed by the walls. He was going to have to lead by example here, make a plan and follow it through to wrap everything up nicely. Metro had potential and if Blacklight could show him the ropes a bit maybe he'd be a real asset to the world. He scanned the court to check he hadn't missed anything and was in luck, it was just four kids and four guns. On his own it would be tricky but with Metro it should run fairly smoothly. He turned to speak with a very serious tone in his voice, this was no longer just a petty crime with little risk.

"First things first, be extra careful here. If we do this right, nobody gets shot. None of the kids and neither of us. If we charge in mindlessly, that seems unlikely so I'm suggesting attacking from the roof," with that he formed a grapple line in his hand and shot it up to the roof, climbing the ultraviolet rope up above the streets. He left it behind so the other man could follow him with relative ease. The shouting continued so he kept himself low to avoid detection from the kids. When Metro followed he would signal for him to pick a side and make the first move, knowing he could probably handle whatever was needed of him in the next step.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyarm July 13th 2014, 9:12 pm

Attacking from the roof. Sounds like a plan. Do some ninja style stealth, take out the kids, grabs their guns. Easy. I'm hoping...

Snacktight does some weird superpower thing and forms what looks like a grappling hook. He throws it up to the roof, and makes his way up, signaling me to follow. Alright, sounds easy enough. I grab hold of the glowing rope and make my way up. God, this'd be just the time for him to reveal his master villain plan and cut the rope just before I reach the top. I'd fall and be like NOOOOOO as I hit the ground. NO, STOP. CAN'T THINK LIKE THAT.

I try and block my paranoia out as I reach the top. Jack Knight signals for me to pick a rooftop to attack from. I decide to show off and choose the other side, as I back up and prepare to vault over the gap below. Aaaaand with enough ease, I land silently, like a goddamn cat. DAMN, I'm good.

I crouch down and look over the edge at the kids below, who are still arguing and yelling at each other. I look up at Packed Flight and signal that I'm ready with a thumbs up. I mouth to him "On three" as I count us down to jump.

One.

Two.

THREE.

I dive down, grabbing two of the boys by the head and slamming them down to the ground with me. It looks like I caught them super off guard. They appear to be knocked out. I look over for Yak Kite and hope his descent went as smoothly as mine.
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 15th 2014, 12:35 pm

Metro took the opportunity to stretch and leapt the gap between the two buildings, looking very pleased with himself as he landed. Blacklight sat tight on his side of the roof and studied the two youths below him, one of them brandishing his handgun in front of him whilst shouting as the other stood slightly behind him, gun by his side. He was happy to let Metro lead the charge so watched him closely as he began to count down from three. The kid wanted to show off so maybe Blacklight should have a fun as well, he began to raise himself in his spot to a less crouched position and prepared to jump with a little extra flair thrown in.

With that he threw himself forward into the air with a slight backward tilt. As he was skybound an ultraviolet baton formed in each hand, with a glow as the hard light construct pieced itself together. With a flip in the air he turned his feet back toward the ground and fell swiftly in front of the two men, an exclamation of surprise shouting from one of their mouths. In a clean motion he brought his batons round and swept the legs of both men, lifting them into the air before they sharply met the ground. One was knocked out cold instantly by the contact but the other required a follow up hit as he shot his gun into the air, a bullet screaming past Rick's shoulder. He brought both baton's down to the man's head which made a loud impact sound as it connected. Both men down: Simple.

"Ok. Ok. Not bad, but now comes the important part, we have to call the police to come and clear up after us. If not one of these guys is just gonna get up, probably finish off his friends here and then run away! Have to see things through to the e-"
Suddenly a soaring bullet ripped through Blacklight's shoulder, a stream of crimson parading through the air as more bullets trailed behind. Diving backward he moved out of the way of the stream and rolled across the ground, kicking a cloud of dust into the air as he did so.

Following the trail of bullets he watched a group of four men with automatic weapons stepped out of a newly arrived car parked at the end of another entrance to the courtyard and began firing towards them. Whatever they had interrupted wasn't just a minor fight, there was something more important going on. Two of the men turned to face Metro and began shooting as Blacklight shouted out to him, "Get Down!" Before scrambling to find cover himself beside a dumpster up against a wall. Sitting down he felt the blood dripping across his suit, this situation had just gotten really bad.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyarm July 16th 2014, 2:17 am

Phew, so Mack Knife got his target too. Nice, this is actually pretty easy. He looks over at me and gives his next set of instructions.

"Ok. Ok. Not bad, but now comes the important part, we have to call the police to come and clear up after us. If not one of these guys is just gonna get up, probably finish off his friends here and then run away! Have to see things through to the e-"

A bang, followed by blood. It felt like the world just slowed down around me as I noticed the bullet enter his shoulder. I... I couldn't move an inch... but my ally had no trouble, as he quickly rolled away and out of the line of fire. I slowly turned my head as I noticed where the gunfire came from. Looked like these boys weren't the only ones planning to be here today. They turned their guns to me and prepared to fire... and yet all I could do was stare, frozen in fear. All of my training... all of the blood, sweat and tears I'd spent over the past few years to help turn me to be a hero... never prepared me for this. I closed my eyes and waited for the bang, when from my right ear, I heard someone yell...

"GET DOWN!"

And just like that, everything sped back up again. I could move. In a flash, I turn and ran as fast as I could, my legs moving on their own as my eyes dashed in every direction, searching for anywhere to hide. And there it was, an open roller door, just with the tiniest gap at the bottom. If I dive for it, I'll make it. With bullets whizzing by me, I make a dive for it and roll underneath the door. I'm inside, safe and sound. Only slightly scratched up.

Damn it, I've gotta get that other guy out of there though. I look around inside the room I'm in for any kind of light-switch. It's absolutely pitch black in here.

*CLICK*

There. Now I gotta find something in here that'll help me out with those guys out th-...

Oh... oh yes... this'll do nicely.

((I'll cover what I found in my next post.))
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 20th 2014, 4:18 pm

With his back pressed tightly up against the metal dumpster, Blacklight turned to watch Metro make a dash for safety. To his relief the hero had made it inside and was safe out of harms way from all the bullets. The wound in his shoulder wasn’t giving him too much grief so it was time to bring the fight back to the gunmen, who were now shouting instructions to each other in abrasive and typical London accents.  Moving forward from the bin into a crouched position he outstretched a hand as a bow began to form itself from his ultraviolet energy at the same time as a quiver full of self-replenishing arrows began to manifest on his back. Turning back to face the bin and using his enhanced sight he easily located the four men who were attacking and planned out a strategy to take them all down.

As quick as the plan entered his mind he began to put it into action, diving out from behind the dumpster he released a shot directly towards the closest of the guards which sailed towards his head. The arrow connected with an explosive impact knocking the guard clear off of his feet; Blacklight was not a killer so it was concussive blast produced by the arrow as he had almost complete control over his energy creation. The second guard produced a grunt of surprise, as he turned on the spot and aimed his gun at Blacklight. Responding quickly, two arrows were fired directly at the man’s knees forcing him down to a kneeling position from where he stood. Using his full speed Rick ran towards the man and with a clean upward sweep of his bow launched the individual into the air; only to come back with a loud thud sound and being left out for the count.

Before he could turn back, bullets again whizzed past his shoulders but this time he was fast enough to dodge the attacks, rolling across the ground to find safety. However, he had left himself too open and had to act quickly; his bow disappeared in an instant and was replaced by a large riot shield construct, which he used to conceal his whole body behind. The men starting firing their guns again towards him and the bullets began slamming in to his shield. He could feel the shockwaves rippling through his arm as each bullet connected, the impact slowly growing as starting to actually cause him a degree of pain. He was also exerting a lot of energy and was starting to feel unsure about how long it could keep everything going. Entirely pinned down by bullets Blacklight was in real trouble, some outside help would really be appreciated right about now.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyarm July 22nd 2014, 7:03 am

"Cap'n Joe's Pest Control"

A bug exterminator's van. Nice! Now I just gotta hope that Cap'n Joe's been lazy and left his keys in the igniti-OH and he has! I open the seat, slam the door and buckle up.

Wait... is this right? I mean, I'm kind of stealing a car here... this is some Grand Theft Auto kinda shenanigans. Eh, whatever, as far as I look at it, it'll teach Cap'n Joe to take the key out of the ignition. Besides, it's an emergency.

Alright, gotta consider my options when I get out there. I can either try and take out the guys head on, or I can make a run for it with that Mesh Tights dude out there. Screw it, I'll figure it out when I get there.

Alright, pedal to the medal.

DAMN IT, PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE OPENED THE DOOR FIR-

*slam*

And I'm through! By sheer luck, the van holds up and bursts through the door with minimal damage. Now I gotta figure out my next move and fast. Heads turn to look at me in a flash as I go barreling in their direction down the middle. Alright, gotta think and think fast. My dude's on the ground with some sort of energy shield and those other guys are barreling down on him. Right, what am I gonna do? Gotta think fast before I-

*CRASH*

Head first into their car. FUCK. The airbag deployed though, and other than the wind being knocked out of me, I don't think I'm hurt. Damn it, so much for the element of surprise. Unless...

I unbuckle and roll into the back of the exterminator's van. Maybe there's something in here I can use. And I gotta be quick, because I can hear someone approach from the outside. I grab an airgun and a bug bomb and prepare to defend myself. It's time to control some pests.
Cyarm
Cyarm

Back to top Go down

Post by Blacklight July 26th 2014, 5:45 am

Blacklight held his shield strong as the thugs kept shooting at him, when suddenly they stopped. He opened his eyes to look up at the two guys who were looking around and saying things to each other.
“Hey, do you hear a car starting or something?”
He was on to something, Blacklight could hear it too; somewhere an engine to a rather large vehicle had just turned on and it really wasn’t far away. Without further warning a large white pest control van came exploding through one of the nearby garage doors. He knew exactly what was happening the second he saw it and couldn’t help but wonder how the news would spin the story when it hit. Probably not well and undoubtedly there would be some arguments about who pays for the insurance yadda-yadda. He was quickly brought out of his train of thought though by a loud metallic crunch, which occurred when Metro managed to crash his big entrance bug van into the getaway vehicle that the men had arrived in. There was smoke and dust everywhere, which was causing people to choke on the fumes leaking from the engine. Blacklight kept a close eye on the two guards who were at this point taking turns to reload both of their guns

Both of the men turned to face the van and kill whoever was inside of it, normally if somebody turned their back they would be unconscious in seconds and that would be the end of it. However, this time he could not take the risk of making one of them blanket the van in bullets, which would likely kill Metro inside. Making a quick snap decision he ran in the other direction and launched two daggers at each of the men’s feet, planting them firmly in the ground so they would not be injured only distracted. It worked flawlessly as the both spun round on the spot and began firing their guns towards Blacklight, who was running for cover hoping that the sound of gunfire would be enough to lure Metro out to help.
Blacklight
Blacklight
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top