The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeToday at 5:36 am by Cobalt

» Trigger
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeToday at 1:06 am by ProwlerKnight

» Taliesin
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 2:26 am by Arcana

» Willy the Whale
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:30 pm by inquisitor

» Urban Commandos
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 11th 2024, 5:13 am by ProwlerKnight

» Jessica Albert
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 9th 2024, 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_vote_lcapDirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_voting_barDirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_vote_rcap 
Cobalt
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_vote_lcapDirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_voting_barDirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N)

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) Empty Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N)

Post by Zell October 15th 2013, 12:25 am

This wasn’t right. None of this could be right, could it? I wasn’t supposed to be with Salone when it happened! I was hanging out with her for the day, but now…I have to go. It was a nice lazy day, but in the end I found myself gazing off out the window. Penny had just come back from wherever she had snuck away to, and she knew me well enough to know that the awkward dazing off wasn’t like me. I can only imagine what Salone had thought of it. Everything had changed since Stonehenge, and ever since then it was horrible. I looked at Salone and smiled, but I ended up not being able to talk. But- what is there to say? I suppose I should start from the beginning, but I’m too shocked to speak. I knew the day was coming…TODAY was coming. I knew it was on collision course and I’m still in shock. Nothing could ever be done to forgive me, or change my fate. This was sealed in stone, and now…it’s time.

I leaned over and kissed Salone on the forehead, however unexpected it may be, and I stood up. Without saying a word, I walked over towards the door. Penny looked at me strangely, my face was probably etched as grim as the reaper itself. I walked past Penny and opened the door. When I left, I only said one thing, and one thing only. I took my amulet off and placed it in Penny’s hands. The amulet was mine and then Sashas’s…and with Sasha dead it was mine once more…but now…it was Penny’s. I would have no dispute, I forced the amulet into her hand. ”Take care of her…and thank you.” And with that I was on my way. (chaos control +6 speed)

With new speed, I took off, knowing I would need every second I could get to be where I needed to be. Each step was in slow motion. Each step sounded off like a loud thunderous clap in a hollowed hallway. I was going faster than I’d ever gone, just to make my date. My date with Death itself. For each thundering boom was met with an undertone of whispering that seemed to follow. My hair stood on end, and my eyes seemed to drain of all emotion as the whispers traveled down my neck. ”All must die…” the whispers sang out in a haunting chorus. Some of the whispers seemed to be directed to me specifically. ”You too shall die.” they would hiss. I would only listen, I would not respond to the whispers of doom, and I would not entertain Death as a pawn.

I was quickly oncoming to my destination. The very place that offered itself up as home to me, though I wasn’t there as much as I’d like. I stopped running just short of the destination and turned it into a slow walk. I didn’t want any of the base operatives getting upset at a fast incoming guy they didn’t know right off the bat. I walked out to reveal myself to them with my trademark yawn and placing my hands behind my head as I lazily walked forward. The guards didn’t really do much to stop me, they knew me well enough. We just did the typical press finger here, place tongue here…kick this guard here. It was fun and all, but at this point I was so focused on the end…on my end.

I made my way to the OCEAN “temple” also known as Operative Ryurous’ room. The place had been turned into a living temple of Omni-religious intent. It was a place where any and all could come for silence, or a safe haven and not need to fear ridicule. I was amused to even find that I myself had amassed a few followers, simply because I was an old god in the mortal world, living and interacting with them. I was really shocked to find that Shi had actually turned his closet into his bedroom, and it made me only wonder what the heck this guy was really all about. He had been basically a soldier that defended as many people as he could. He was even known to some people as “The Peacekeeper” and truly stressed the fact that OCEAN was a family. None were more shocked when Sean had defected than Shi himself. Now as a crippled and broken man, Shi acts as some form of sage or guru on all matters that any could face. This is why I came to him.

”Ryurou Shi.” I said as I approached the man in the wheelchair whom was burning incense in the dim lighting. He didn’t even react to my saying anything. Instead his head was still bent forward towards a large morbid statue of the Grim Reaper leading a large creepy demon looking Dragon on a chain. The statue was in the center, floating miraculously on a pool of water with electricity jumping through it, and a light gust of wind circling it. It was a creepy, even for me, and I know creepy. I’ve kissed Artemis…doesn’t get much creepier than that I’m afraid. I went to speak again, but he moved ad wheeled himself to turn around.

”It has been a long time Jacob.” Shi said, he turned around and smiled as he wheeled over to me. I smiled back and nodded in greeting as the respectful samurai approached. ”Or shall I call you Yam?” He asked me jokingly.

”Call me what you will, Ryurou-sama. Though I’ll be brief…I have to ask…should one truly fear Death?” I asked him. He glared at e with those red eyes of his, It made it quite clear that I was looking upon the Reaper himself, or rather a form of him. I figured that I should ask the greatest source at my disposal, and why not ask Death himself?

”Death? Death is not to be feared. Death is a slave to kings and time immemorial. For what is Death? Death cannot act upon it’s own accord, for it cannot simply take whom it wishes, oh no. For Death is not to be feared, for what dominion does it hold over the living? Death is nothing more than the promise of a new beginning. For unto Death, all are laid bare, for all are equal and none are discriminated. Let me ask you Yam-senpai , if Death were truly to be feared, do you think that people would walk into it so openly? Those who fear death are those whim simply fear the process of dying…of saying goodbye. Though I tell you for certainty, death is not goodbye. Death is simply a break in time, a small barrier. For are not Romeo and Juilet eternally together within the afterlife?” Shi asked me. I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled.

”Romeo and Juilet aren’t real people.” I reminded the ancient spirit as he wheeled his fragile human form across the temple he had created. Shi chuckled as he wheeled past me with a smirk and a glare.

”Come now Romeo, you cannot fool Mercutio.” Shi said as he began pouring herbal tea for himself and I Think the second glass was for me. I assumed right when he handed it to me and lowered his head. ”Death is not to be feared, and nor are the Reapers whom come as its agents. Death is just a new chapter. Death is a part of the cycle.” His words Rang true, although I’m not sure how I should feel right now. I could feel the same energy I dreamt about… it was approaching fast. I could only hope now. Perhaps something good would come. I placed the tea on the table next to me and lowered my head in thanks as I turned and walked from the room. I was a short way down the hallway when I heard Shi speak out again. ”May Death turn it’s gaze from you.” Shi said. I smirked and just kept walking.

Each step…a hollow echo in my mind and whispers still calling to me. Whispers of death and dark prophecies. They sang out in a beautiful harmony, in perfect synchronization. I followed the energy to outside the OCEAN base, twenty miles off, hoping to cut off the man I was anticipating to find. MY steps stopped, but the voices did not. It was clear to me what these words were. They were lyrics of a dirge…

…A dirge for a Dragon.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) Empty Re: Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N)

Post by Hanna October 15th 2013, 7:39 pm

Salone had been half asleep curled up in Jake’s lap when he announced he was leaving. Her brown eyes snapped open and she looked up at him, before pushing herself up into a proper sitting position. The Time Collector didn’t say anything, only questioning him with the look on her face. But Jake’s face was stoic and grim as he leaned over and pressed his lips to her forehead.

Things were completely off, ever since Stonehenge. That had been about a month ago. Jake had stayed a few weeks at her home and sometimes Salone would wake up in some nights to find him staring hard at nothing. She would have to coax him back to bed at that point.

Salone stood with Jake, watching, as he moved over to the door and ambushed Penny who had just returned from her hospital shift. Wordlessly he handed a glinting mediation to Penny and she looked at him confused. Salone just felt her heart sink; something bad was going to happen.

“Jake?” She questioned her voice slightly husky from exhaustion. But then he was gone.

“Something is up,” Penny agreed as Salone turned to look at her.

“Stubborn dragon,” Salone growled faintly moving over to the pantry to grab the bag of fruit loops. Recently the sugary crap cereal had been appealing to her soul. “He needs to learn how to ask for help.”

“Maybe it was something he couldn’t get help on,” Penny suggested confiscating the box of fruit loops from Salone and holding what Jake had given to her.

Salone took the other half of to her medallion… Jake’s amulet. She didn’t respond to Penny’s suggestion, rather she turned the dragon piece over in her fingers. It had most of the same symbols as Salone’s medallion but it was different in other ways. The shapeshifter jumped as her cell phone rang, expecting it was another call for a name to add to the bounty list. But it was not. Upon answering it Salone’s face paled and she asked a series of questions. Upon hanging up Penny asked her what was wrong.

“Nothing,” Salone stated, obviously lying as she pocketed the amulet. “I am going to go return this Jake, remind him that he left his jacket here, again, and go get something to eat. You want anything?”

“Salone, he will come back you know.”

She turned around as she was halfway out the door already, “What if he doesn’t?

Penny clenched her jaw shut and shook her head as Salone whipped out of sight and out the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
My Peoples:

Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) Tumblr10
Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Tell me I'm a fricken fairy princess one more time... I dare you."

Number of posts : 754
Job : I am a book person... I read, sniff, and throw them at obnoxious people
Humor : Oh you like that character? Let me kill them for you. :D
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N) Empty Re: Dirge of the Dragon (Closed to Anime, Sean and one O.C.E.A.N)

Post by Arcana October 15th 2013, 8:24 pm

The time had come, thought dramatic euphemisms aside he knew what had to be done. While the deed within itself was something that Sean had contemplated for a while, it was not until now that he finally would be able to achieve the goal with a more definite reason behind his actions. Sean strapped the katana onto his back tightly, making sure that the strap would not undo itself in anyway, though it had not done so before, but everything was possible as he knew well. He stood on the shore of the Ethereal isles, looking out into the distance as the waves would lap and crest against the sand, forming the beach. Nether danced around him lazily, forming a haze that was a tinged with a red color, as it would dance over the sand beneath his feet and through the air itself. If all went as planned, he would have the Death Incarnate dead before the end of the day, and then he could return to the Isles as soon as possible.

”Well no point in wasting time.” Sean muttered to himself with a slight grin as he ran a finger down through the open air as a ripple would follow in the wake of the digit The air itself would crack and some nether would seep through these cracks as a small portal would begin to open, one that could be used to allow him to traverse the great distance between here and the O.C.E.A.N base, and where his target was waiting. The trek through the darkness of The Abyss was relaxing within itself, though where he was could best be described as a bland looking dark hallway that would lead him from one place to the other. At the end he could see what looked like part of the area around the base itself or maybe far from it, though muddle by a dark purple filter that only allowed him to vaguely make out the comparison.

In a blur of motion, Sean would burst through the membrane and enter into the world once again; greeted by the strange smell of saltwater that was within his nose only moments ago. He landed lightly on the ground, silver orbs darting about as they took in the surroundings, and he audibly sighed. So he had probably been off by a few miles, but that meant that he could just run where he was going anyway, and likely get there with some time to spare anyway. All he would have to do was follow that feeling so familiar to him, the energy of death wielded by the only other person that he knew could as skillfully as him or at least had such a potent aura.

Sean pulled lightly on the sleeve of his hoodie as it would cover his left hand, and then he would begin his walking; whistling a tune to himself as he walked along. He would walk for a minute or so, that was until he saw what looked like a familiar face and then I only reminded him of the brat that he had the misfortune of meeting yesterday, the dragon Yam.”Well, fancy meeting you here.” Sean noted hands buried deep into the pockets of his jacket.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 2481
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 15th 2013, 10:05 pm

Sean!? No, no, no, no this isn’t right! I was supposed to find Baal here! I was supposed to fight a Titan! Not a…a…weird pronunciation of it! No, no way was I letting this guy get the better of me, not him and not that backwards ally of his! I’d barely licked my wounds form yesterday and now I see him here again. What are the odd…I don’t really care about the odds; he’s here so the odds are irrelevant. Within an instant, the water from all around us began thrashing. I clenched my fingers, and in a moment water ran over me, solidifying on my flesh as Dragon scale and three blades on each hand forming as claws. Soon I was a walking God once more, and the oceans all bowed to my whim.

”You’re not Baal Hadad. I was meant to fight him here, not you. So be on your way to wherever you’re running off to, I can’t waste timer on you.” I said. I made it clear that I was not joking in any sense of the word. ”I’ve wasted enough of my time caring about you and what happens to you, now piss off.” I snapped.

Shi sat in his wheelchair, suddenly feeling the presence of another nearby. One so corrupt and sickening that it was unbelievable. It was so morbid this feeling that the rotting corpses in the swamps had better reception. The candles in this little ample he had created snuffed out, and it was then that he knew. Death was here, and while Death was indeed a slave to man and time it also dutifully came to where it was called. It was called here to OCEAN, it was called to his new lands and he was not about to simply let one of the operatives go. Shi would try to take himself up once more and prevent the loss of life. Alas, his wheelchair was a handicapped that he couldn’t hope to match a force with, and as such, it became increasingly difficult. But that meant nothing to the Samurai. He felt a whisper in his ear, and he knew that it was time to go. He felt the presence of the Spirits of wind, thunder and rain descend upon him, and a vision filled his mind.

Not long now would it take for a woman to reach this place, and if she did, she would die. O.C.E.A.N guards would mistake her and end her life. Alas, if he saved the life of the woman, The Dragon King would fall to a reaping blade. Shi took a praying pilot and wheeled himself to the docking bay. Shi independently used his arms to pull himself into the plane and left his wheelchair on ground level while the helicopter ascended. Without further hesitation or delay, Shi embarked to save the innocent, meanwhile he would have the helicopter fly overhead of Yam, and op[en fire on the forces of Death. Shi removed his mask and glared down at Sean. For a moment he could have sworn that their eyes locked, the silver grey the color of a sleeping corpse, meeting the blood red of bleeding out life. For the moment, Death was looking into a mirror. And in the next moment, they were not.

The Helicopter flew away, Shi used his power of Dao no Shi (Old grid) and fortified the plane as to survive any incoming attack. They then made their way to find the woman that Shi had envisioned. His helicopter would locate the woman; she was running around, looking anxious. Shi knew it was her immediately as she had a Dragon Gem in her hand, and Shi knew it to be Yam’s. The helicopter began to land and Shi dropped down a ladder for the woman. ”Jacobs life is in danger, hurry and climb on!” Shi instructed with his mask back on his face, hiding himself form the woman he was attempting to assist.

Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna October 16th 2013, 12:38 am

Salone groaned in frustration as she had lost Jake’s scent yet again, her sensitive ears picked up the whump, whump, whump of the helicopter before she saw it. The wind picked up causing the loose strands of her French braided hair to fly around dramatically. A ladder fell out the side like in those spy movies Salone used to go see as a child.
”Jacobs life is in danger, hurry and climb on!”

Salone immediately grabbed onto the ladder, hauling herself up with incredible agility. But about halfway up a wave of nausea hit her. The woman closed her eyes for a few moments and pressed her forehead to the ladder before continuing up and into the helicopter.

“Stupid heights,” Salone grumbled to herself as she sat down on the floor of the helicopter and she pressed her palm to her forehead. It was rather ironic that heights made her queasy at this point in her life time, considering she flew just about anywhere.
After several moment she asked, “Where are we going and what’s going on?”

Then Salone looked around, standing and sitting down in a seat. The leather seats were much more comfortable than the floor. Her eyes found the man named Shi; she studied him intently… trying to figure out who he was. It was that captured her attention, they were red. Salone’s eyes were rather odd themselves, considering they were amber gold at the moment due to the brief adrenalin.
“Who are you?” She asked finally.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 16th 2013, 1:31 am

Sean was slightly taken aback by the dragon’s response to seeing him, but at the same time he was not too surprised by it. He had left OCEAN suddenly, and considering that he had sided with Ouroboros, that seemed to help his logic build itself as the Titan would raise an eyebrow at the rather angry dragon. He could tell that the immortal was close to the end of his days, and that for some reason did not fill Sean with that feeling of anticipation that most did when they were close to death, but instead all he could feel was…..pity for the proud dragon. Sean always seemed to hold the being to a high esteem, if only because he knew that he was once powerful, and even then was a s powerful as any Metahuman could claim to be.

Sean could have taken offense to what was said, but in the end he did not, seeing as how it would be rude to spit in the face of those that would die soon, and as much as it sounded nice, Sean did not feel like being marked as a dragon slayer. ”Okay okay, calm yourself. I was just passin through, no need to be confrontational.” The words rolled smooth through his lips as he felt the anger from the water that swirled around the being, though there was none of the self assured tones that would have filled it. That was when he heard something whirring overhead, the sound of a chipper passing by as his eyes locked with dark red orbs for a moment.  

Something primal within him stirred; raged as if it wanted to destroy the chopper and feed from the Nether of those riding within, but this was not the time. ’Good luck with fighting this…Baal Hadad, dragon.” Sean noted with a wave behind him as he walked onward, not sparing the dragon a second glance, but he did hope that he won. He would not stand around to watch, that would require that he help, or so something else within him suggested as he walked onward.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 16th 2013, 9:06 pm

”Wait…ugh…stupid regulations and sh-stuff.” I sighed as I rolled my eyes and looked over my shoulder. Sean had already gone past me a little, in a bit of a lazy walk. I really didn’t care why he was here, other than the fact he’s a dang traitor I don’t mind the guy, but he still is a traitor none the less. I need to know why he’s here. I turned to look at him, he could probably tell that I was just doing it out of formality, but regardless I still needed an answer. ”Why are you here?” I asked him directly.

I’m to die to a Titan…but she didn’t say it like Sean says it. What if…no…I can’t…not to him...this is such bull. was the only thing I could think as my heart sank and my stomach seemed to churn. I actually had the feeling of grief induced sickness. This was wrong. This was sick and twisted. Damn the Fates for playing me like this. I am Yam, the Dragon aspect of Chaos and Discord, Ruler of the Oceans and king of Dragons. Never once have I defied fate, never once have I questioned or wavered… and now it decides to rob me not only of my throne, my homeland, and my pride, but now it denies me a fitting end?

----------
----------

The woman brought herself up to Shi’s level, to which she looked him in the eyes for only a brief second. Shi immediately placed his mask over his face, hiding his eyes from her so that she not make total contact. For those whom locked eyes with Shi would see him for what he truly was…The Death incarnate. She was already likely to be angry with Death as she was going to lose her friend this day, and Shi did not wish to be the target of anger. With his eyes safely concealed behind his unique mask, Shi nodded to her.

”Please calm. Death is not your destiny today. We are going to help Jacob…if we can. He is already far from here, in fact in the few hours he had been away he had procured passage from one of these ships and was in the Philippines within the hour. We can be there shortly.” Shi said as he knocked on the back of the pilots chair, prompting him to direct the helicopter at a rather fast pace. The woman asked his name, and he did as he always had. He made a fist with his right hand, and cupped his left hand around it, bringing it up and lowering his head in respect. ”I am Shi Ryurou. I am a member of O.C.E.A.N, an organization of assembles Heroes that Jacob, or rather “Yam” is part of. For reasons beyond your understanding, We have reason to suspect that Yam’s life is in danger, and we are going to offer any assistance that we can...though I’m not sure how much assistance I can be, I am since…retired.” Shi explained. He would leave out some information, such as the concept that Yam could have been saved. If Shi had gone directly to Yam, then this woman would have met her end due to the events in motion, however his honor binding him to save an innocent had robbed them of the ideal time to aid Yam. It was either save Salone, or Save Yam…and Shi did as he always did….he protected the innocent.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna October 16th 2013, 11:37 pm

Salone leaned her head back against the seat and sighed, her mind searching for any possible information that could be proven useful.

“Being calm is easier said than done,” Salone said dryly, closing her eyes and leaning against her seat. The Philippines of all places, she sighed mentally.

“Reasons beyond my understanding?” She repeated back at him amused, Salone was incredibly smart and Jake knew it too. But these people seemed to think that she had the mind of a dimwit mortal. She had 1/7th of the entire dragon population that had ever existed funneled through her head and she was currently a nurse. Beyond her understanding, HA! She was half tempted to say, ‘Bite me,’ but she resisted the strong temptation.

“I will help where I can… even though my weapons are at home. Didn’t plan on traversing to the Philippines to tell Jake I’m-“ She stopped herself and opened her eyes. “Why the Philippines of all places?”

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 17th 2013, 4:33 pm

Sean walked onward with his rather lax gait, as he let the ways that he could kill the fellow death incarnate come into mind. That was when the dragon would call for him to wait, and Sean could not help but curse under his breath. It was not like he could just say “Hey, I’m here to kill Shi because his existence is hurting the man that broke his spine.” That never really did help, so he needed to think of another thing to say, but what the hell could he say? ”I have business with Shi, just need to have a word with him and I’ll be on my way.” Sean said simply with a shrug of his shoulders looking back at the male for a moment before turning around and beginning his walk once again.

Hopefully the dragon would simply accept the excuse and allow Sean to pass, otherwise he would have to get defensive, and that would mean killing him. The thought within itself did not seem like a preferable one, but he would do what he needed to.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 18th 2013, 11:05 pm

Going to see Shi? Now that does not really add up quite right. As I remember it, Shi was the one who took it near the hardest when Sean left. Getting sick and almost entering his own little mourning period there. Shi wouldn’t give him the time of day, let alone the piece of his mind. Shi would do the whole ‘high road’ thing and just wheel his gimpy ass away. Another good question popped into my mind.

”You were removed from the access coding thinga-ma-Fush that our base uses...which means you should turn around and go back to your little friends Island or whatever.” I said to him. If he thought I was going to let him go, then he was mistaken, gravely mistaken. At the moment, I was faster than him, and as far as I was concerned, in a second I could be dang well stronger than his scrawny pale rear in a heartbeat. The only thing he really had on me was that dang energy of his. That would make things tough. Real tough, in fact given my current limitations...it might be impossible for me to win. I wonder if I kick him in the groin if he’ll go away...or if I hit him with a crowbar.

”Besides...Shi wouldn’t give you the time of day. We were ALL shocked when you left, not that you care...but still. Shi took it hard, and he’d probably just go the other way. Believe you me, you’re fast but that little slugger can move on wheels.” I laughed a little. For a second I actually smiled. Nothing brings the Team together like Shi. Shi is like the daddy of the team, or big brother. You need anything, he’s your guy, you need someone to talk to or advice, you go to him. You need someone to make fun of for being a gimpy herpa-derp, you talk ABOUT him. ”Just like old times....but, old times are gone pal.” I said, and without further warning, the water form the surrounding region formed a large wall between Sean and the road to the OCEAN base.

”You’ve always been alright in my book, even after leaving like ya did....but I can’t let you go...I KNOW there’s something you’re not telling me, and I KNOW that you aint the type to just stop and chit-chat. I gotta ask ya to leave.”

------------------------------------

------------------------------------

”That is where our organizations base is located. We are a group dedicated to protecting the greater good. Though we know that at times sacrifice is needed, be it our operatives, or be it an occasional innocent...though the latter is the ones we work more properly to defend. I will not bore you with the details. We are coming close. Excuse me.” Shi said as he leaned forward a little and used his Katana to snag his wheelchair that had sat back, hidden a bit form sight. It rolled back and he lined it up, trying to hold it still in the movement of the plane. He would be as independent as ever as he moved himself form the chair to the wheelchair, counting on his upper body strength as best as he could. He was used to it by now, and so it wouldn’t take long. Once in the wheelchair he sheathed the blade and began to roll towards the now open door. He peered over the edge, finding themselves just outside the OCEAN territory. He looked to smiled with an apologetic nod. ”I’m sorry. It is taking some adjustment to go from being on the field with Yam to being in this dreadful contraption....well...here we go.” Shi said as he back-rolled himself and began spinning the wheels forth, gaining speed and distance to his oncoming ramping. He went over the side and began to fall forward a bit. Shi leaned back and as he landed six feet down he managed to stick it pretty well. He looked around and glared off in the direction of Yam’s energy...and Death’s energy.

”We don’t have much time.” Shi said. He began wheeling over the bumpy terrain, doing as best as he could making his way slowly to the site of the battle.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna October 19th 2013, 11:51 pm

Salone pulled her legs up to her chest, helping the man with one hand so he would have room to maneuver. She was half tempted to ask what had happened but she held her tongue and silently stood. Salone wasn’t completely weaponless which was nice; she had two small throwing knives tied around her calves, the ones she never left home without. Hopefully she wouldn’t have to use them.
She then decided to gape at Shi as he opened the door and proceeded to roll right on out, dropping about six feet. Crazy cripple! The thought rang for her mind and she leaned out the edge, the chopper whipped her braided hair around wildly as well as the hem of her shirt. Wordlessly she jumped; her wings erupted from her shoulder blades, allowing her to hit the ground safely. Salone straightened, ruffling her wings and they shrank into her back, slowly and painfully. Shape shifting was going to become progressively harder as time went on, she guessed.
Then Shi began to roll along the ground at such a painful pace and Salone trudging alone behind him, her brain moving rapidly along the different possible endings of this battle. The worst one was that Jake would die without knowing about the baby.

Salone growled faintly to herself, “I have a faster idea.” She stated, grabbing the handles of the wheel chair. “Hope you don’t mind heights.”

If Shi didn’t care Salone would shift into the golden dragon, except smaller and more compact for speed purposes and carry him to the fight, saving time and they seemed to be running low on such a thing.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 21st 2013, 8:41 pm

Okay it was kinda expected, after all, Shi was likely to take his leaving hard, but then again Sean never found the organization to be worth it anyway. He would have noted that the organization was a group of glorified killers fighting behind the guise of order, especially their blood thirsty leader. Now one thing that Sean hated more than anything was a killer that claimed they worked for a greater good; as if death could really bring about the betterment of humanity, as if killing one weed would stop only more to spring out. If he couldn’t just walk in with that useless card thing, then Sean would tear through the defenses of OCEAN with his raw power, seeing as how preparing for an attack of the magnitude that he could bring would be near impossible.

There would be no way that he simply returned to the Isles and let that bastard continue to draw breath and both be an affront to death itself, as well as harm Ouroboros. If the dragon thinks that he could stop Sean now, he was poorly mistaking, and he would find out the folly of his actions soon enough. While there was a manner of respect remaining, that would not protect the dragon if he decided to stand in Sean’s way and now was the time he seemed to want to do that. Something about him laughing annoyed Sean, as if stopping the Titan would be an easy enough thing to accomplish with his meager powers. Sean sighed deeply, head drooping slightly as the Nether formed a black aura about him, and picked as anything too weak to withstand the pull would find itself dying, as the Nether produced would only bolster the male.

”I’ve always respected you, even within your diminished state, so I will give you one chance. Stand out of my way dragon, or I will move you out of my way. I didn’t come here to shoot the wind with you, or waste my time.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell October 21st 2013, 10:03 pm

”I respect you too much to let you do this.” I said. I leaned my head to the right and then to the left with quick jerks, sending out a chorus of crackling and a sensation of relief. I took a deep breath in and then let it our after a second. The moist and temperate climate was perfect for me at the moment, warm and perfect for my command over water.

”You’re following a path of self-destruction. It’s funny how I look at you and that Zell kid with the whole serpent alias. It’s like looking at the past, seeing me and Baal. The parallels are numerous. The Serpent, and the Titan both being involved, light and dark, life and death...the murder. Hell the only thing missing is murdering a human lover in order to try and make him see things your way, or you his way for that matter....you’re walking the same path as I am...and it’s going to ruin you...and the very people you hold close are all going to turn on you.” I said. I don’t know the full story, but word gets around. With my speed currently faster than even his, I zipped in front of him, speeds great enough to create small vacuum’s for air to audibly rush in.

”I don’t know what’s inside of you...but you need to fight it...control it.” I said as my blades formed and the scales over my body appeared even more lustrous than ever before. If I was going to die, it was going to be when I was in my sunday best... or without clothing at all if I got burned alive but that’s another story. Anyway... ”Or what’s inside you will make your world burn....just like me. I growled, and my eyes changed to Draconian slits, allowing a predatory gaze.

”I’m fated to die to a Titan...” I said. I sighed and let out a predatory smile as I assumed my fighting stance. ”Let’s test fate...”

--------------------
--------------------

She took him up by the handles and they made their way around the area. As they began to grow closer, his suspense and anxiety seized his already barely beating heart. Shi felt the area around him change, as part of him welled up. This was wrong...it was all wrong. He looked at the woman and nodded to her and tipped his straw hat.

”Well you are indeed quite talented. I was perhaps early in my judgments. I apologize, I did not know that you were anything other than human when I spoke earlier.” Shi apologized. Maybe this girl was in tune enough with the occult. Maybe not, either way, it was clear to Shi that Yam would not be walking out alive. He threatened to throw up his lunch right there, but he did not. He would not allow concern to leak from him, not until he could fight it no longer.

Spoiler:

Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanna October 21st 2013, 11:35 pm

Salone landed in an alley way, out of view of the two fighters; carefully she placed the wheel chair on the ground and shifted back; falling onto her hands and knees, suppressing a groan and her left hand going to her stomach. Shape shifting like that made her stomach churn and not in a good way.

“Remind me not to do that again,” She muttered, slowly pushing herself up to get a view at the fight. Her feisty side rose up again at Shi’s apology. “I have more than just turning into a dragon as a talent.”
She half grumbled this as she was still feeling faintly sick. Then she got a look at the fight, her eyes turned gold and slit like, Salone had to repress a protective growl. This did not look good.
Salone’s hands found the handle bars and she squeezed them, her knuckles turned white. She wanted to march on over there, smack Jake upside the head and tell him he is an idiot, then smash the other guy’s head in with a brick and feed him to hell hounds. But alas if she tried to do that it would spell mashed Salone in cursive. Her jaw worked furiously, she hated feeling helpless.

“Everything that is holy,” Salone breathed out. “Can’t we stop this?”

She glanced at Shi, anxious for Jake’s safety and the chance to talk to Jake for a few moments.

My Peoples:

Hanna
Hanna
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana October 23rd 2013, 2:18 am

The moisture within the air had increased, and Sean felt slightly annoyed by that alone, as it would give the dragon a greater advantage. Each movement was followed with eyes keen enough to keep track, as the male spoke on about things that he knew nothing about. He acted as if he understood, but then again ignorance was something that everyone bore to some respects. Thoughts of running were dashed away when he proved that he was faster than Sean, and that meant that even if he broke through the wall of water, there was no way that he could really get around it. Within the wake of his quick movement, Sean heard the strange sound of air refilled the space that Yam had once filled, as Sean grimaced lightly, taking a stance that was both lax and prepared to become more confrontational within a second.

”You’re right, you don’t know what’s within me.” He said harshly, after the dragons lecture or perhaps misguided plea. ”I’ve already set the flame to my own world, Sean Collin is dead.” In an instant his nether would form an aura of black about him, saturating the air itself with death as his eyes became hard and cold like steel. ”If you want to die so badly, I can’t deny you that. Might make good practice before I kill the cripple” Black blades of Nether formed within both hands, as well as at the end of six dancing tendrils from his back pulsating dangerously as he continued to keep watch on his foes movements, keeping track of any irregularity within them. The tendrils would not lash out at Yam until he moved, and when that happened, all would strike at once.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top