The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Major Arcana I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Major Arcana I_vote_lcapMajor Arcana I_voting_barMajor Arcana I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Major Arcana

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Major Arcana Empty Major Arcana

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 1:34 am

Super Hero Name: Major Arcana
Title: Arc, Arcy, The Arcane Tank
Alignment: Good, most of the time.
Race: Human
Hair: Dark Brown, reaches to about halfway down his ears, disheveled, never neat. Sometimes gets singed or frozen at the tips from his spells.
Eyes: Dark Brown, a look into his eyes can reveal a man of war and a serious, yet relatable person.
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 190 lbs.
Blood Type: O+

Costume Description: A simple camouflage green domino is all that hides his face from the real world; he keeps it in his bag/pocket, for easy access. He usually fights in what he is wearing, which can usually consist of a casual shirts/button ups, jeans/shorts, and boots/sneakers/sandals, depending on the weather. If he is planning on patrolling the city, he can be seen in a camouflage green colored T-Shirt, cargo pants/shorts, and black combat boots.

Personality: One conversation with Gavin can leave one confused as to what kind of person he is. He is a man of many sides, all seeming to overlap. He is very serious, is very against nonsense of any kind, yet can leave one rolling on the floor, laughing, with his barrage of snide, witty comments for every situation. For as serious as he is, he is a very relatable person, he makes friends easily and is usually placed into the "Voice of Reason" part of any group of friends, due to his love of helping people. His wisdom stops when it comes to his own actions, as he is infamous for failing to follow his own advice at times when it comes to solving his own problems. He hates stereotypes with a passion, especially those whom he may be grouped with, such as flamers and white trash. He is a hopeless romantic and the few ex-boyfriends he has would tell you, too. He gets very nervous around people who he thinks might judge him for being gay, but never in any other situation. The military trained him for many things, but homophobes and super villains were not among them. He also has problems with luck, sometimes he feels as if fate hates him, especially when he faces villains such as The Jokester. Coincidence? Unluckiness? He honestly has no clue.

History: Gavin lived an average life, as much as he could, at least. He was very smart and got into a good college, the usual good life. There, he majored in Biology. Unfortunately, he was not born into the richest of families, so he decided on being drafted into the United States Army in order to pay off his college debts. In the army, he was trained to be a combat medic; he felt accomplished and fulfilled helping his teammates when they got injured. It was when he was promoted to his rank of Major that everything changed. It started with his healing, he was able to heal wounds by simply touching his patient, he then started to attract static electricity to himself, and he also made the temperature of the room drop when he entered. Shortly afterwards, his spells were unlocked from a wound he sustained in battle. While helping a teammate, he was attacked by a soldier; he was stabbed a few times and was afraid that he was going to die. He instantly froze his assailant in a block of ice, then shocked him with the static electricity he stored in his body. He was later promoted to Major, but the happiness was short lived. When he told his superiors about his powers, he was almost instantly discharged, apparently they don't like supers or sorcerers in the army. He got a job as a paramedic and decided to help others as a super hero. But, he was never trained to fight supers, so his new direction in life is definitely one that will take some getting used to.

Spells:

Heal (Low): Gavin touches his target and begins to heal him/her. Cuts close and bones mend. The downside is that this spell is not fast enough to be used in combat, it takes too long to heal, but is definitely faster than the normal human's healing rate. If used on a super with regeneration, it causes their rate of regen to increase as long as the spell is in effect.

Quicken (Low): Gavin uses casts this spell on an ally and their speed temporarily increases by a small amount for the time being. The target can run faster and move faster than normally able to. Unfortunately, this new speed is not something that the target is used to, so injury an soreness may occur after the spell wears off.

Shield (Low): Gavin casts an invisible barrier in front if his target, preventing some damage that may be dealt to he target, the shield converts the damage into force, so a major hit can knock the shielded off of his/her feet, or even throw the target back.

Remove Disease (Low): Gavin surrounds his target in a aura of light, making any sicknesses, minor infections, or mild poisons vanish.

Freeze (Medium): Gavin touches his target and causes the temperature to quickly drop around the area touched, the water vapor instantly freezes, engulfing his opponent in ice. The downside to this power is that it has a small chance of giving Gavin frostbite on the arm and hand which casted the spell. His
Magic potency allows his to manipulate his power slightly, instead of freezing people, he may freeze the ground in front of him, creating a slippery surface that victims can fall over.

Shock (Medium): Gavin charges electricity in his hand, he shoots the charged electricity out of his hand, towards the target, a hit results in electrocution. The downsides are recoil from the charge, usually singeing the hair on his arms and head. He can manipulate this power from his potency to hit multiple targets in a chain. The downside to this is that he may shock allies and innocents on accident, and that his shocks may be grounded by strong enough insulators, or, even worse, spread out to othe conductors, causing even more, unwanted damage.

Power Grid:
Intelligence: 4
Strength: 3
Durability: 7
Speed: 2
Fighting Skills: 5
Magic: 7
Potency: 1
Spells: 1
Wealth: 1

Power Grid colours: Darker Green and Black (Green being the background, Black being the squares)

Character Description: Gavin is of a larger, athletic build. His time in the military has given him large muscles that usually are shown in his clothing if it is a little too tight on him, but are not huge, just big enough to look like he was trained or goes to the gym a lot. A chance encounter of seeing him shirtless reveals a few scars from his war days; they don't look too disgusting or scary, but definitely show that there was pain to it. He is not the tallest person, but definitely is taller than your average male at 5'11". His skin is tan, but it's only because he tans easily, a long winter can show that his skin is a darker peach color. His face is very serious and looks as if he's been through a lot in his life, but also reveals a possible friend, as if he always understands another's problems before they even tell him about them. He has an angular face and roundish chin. His jaw is always full of scruff, if he shaved the night before, then five o'clock shadow. His hair is covers his ears slightly and is always disheveled. He thinks of himself as a sorcerer, since he didn't learn magic, rather, was unlocked through stress.

Role play Sample: "Tehehe, I guess I have a volunteer for my next gag," The Jokester says as he runs from Major Arcana. Arc has been hunting this annoying trickster all day long, becoming progressively more annoyed at the tricks The Jokester pulled while being in pursuit, such as drawing mustaches on billboards and egging shops and houses. "Stop, Dammit," Arc yells as he is cutting around alleys and streets trying to catch his man. The Jokester runs wildly around, giggling all the while, but finds himself in a dead end, a wrong turn that might end his career as a villain. "Finally," says Arc, "now I can put an end to your little kindergarten fun." Arc starts charging up his freeze attack in his right hand, his plan is to freeze him and bring him to the police. The Jokester giggles and takes out a pie from behind his back, almost like how a cartoon character does it. Before Arc can react, the Jokester throws the pie and it hits him in the face. The pie had a second effect, a blast that triggered once the pie hits its target. Arc is thrown by the force and lands on his back. Arc was not severely injured, but his pride was destroyed. Arc sighs to himself, gets up, and says: “Of all of the villains, I had to get you. I'm going to have a hell of a rush when I knock you on your ass." He then charges forward, hoping to knock some immaturity out of The Jokester.

Last edited by Banille on December 5th 2012, 1:09 am; edited 8 times in total
Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 13
Job : Student, Clerk
Humor : Anything that isn't too immature.
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Major Arcana Empty Re: Major Arcana

Post by Jack Maroon December 4th 2012, 5:53 am

Howdy Major. I got some good news and some bad news. Good news is that I've looked over your application and it's pretty much ok.
The bad news is that somewhere this week we're going to implement the new stat system. So while I could approve your character right now, that would mean you'd have to have it unapproved in a few days again and would have to convert your powers and grid to the new system.

So we'll just wait with approving this until the new system goes in effect and you've edited things to fit the new system.

You might also want to keep in mind that powers of 2 and 3 ep are generally not very strong, and would only hurt those with human durability and maybe people with low superhuman. I recommend you check the new stat equivalents once they're out. The way your character is now he wouldn't be much of a threat to most other characters.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 193
Job : Not anymore.
Registration date : 2012-02-03

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 6:48 am

I actually just realized that my character's EP powers are too spread out while going to sleep last night, so I was actually planning on changing it up anyway, so I am actually kind of glad that a new system is coming out. Thank you for telling me in advance. I was also planning on making a little edit to my character's personality. I want to put that he is sometimes unlucky, or that fate sometimes hates him, whatever sounds cooler. Is it okay if I do that? I would make the change once the new stat system comes out, if I'm able to. But thanks again for giving me the heads up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon December 4th 2012, 7:01 am

No prob. Feel free to edit anything you like. I'll just re-read all of it after the new system edits anyway.

Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 10:40 am

Finished editing my character to the new system, hope everything is right and I fixed Major's balance issues. I hope it is grammatically correct, I have no true idea if I am or not, since I am writing all of this on an iPhone. If there are, I will be able to fix them once I get access to a computer.

Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon December 4th 2012, 1:29 pm

Alright man, got another bump in the road. You decided to utilize the magic system for your application, which is pretty cool. But it's also the newest addition to the system, so I want to double-check with some other mods before I approve. Sorry for the delay man.

Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 2:08 pm

No worries, I understand, if I'm doing it wrong, then I want to make sure that I am doing it right. Do take your time, it will be worth the wait to play my character the way I intended to play him.
Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon December 4th 2012, 5:52 pm

Well, everything checks out perfectly. However, you only used 26 points out of the 30 you can spend. You can choose to keep those points for later, or just spend them now. Either way, almost done.

Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 6:01 pm

I just realized that I totally forgot to add my Occult stat, which definitely would take my points up to 30, so I think with that change, my character should be done?

Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon December 4th 2012, 6:07 pm

I would say yes, but before that, a fair warning. The first 3 levels of INT include a subsection for OCC; having 3 int basically lets you have 3 occ as well(and vice versa), unless you want more than 3 in either stat. In that case you would have to spend points separately, like you did.
It's fine the way it is, but for the sake of making your character more powerful I would advise choosing either INT or OCC to specialize in, and drop the other.

Of course you can also keep it this way. Up to you. Sorry if it might seem like I'm dragging this out, but I think it's for the best you know exactly what your options are.

Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 6:29 pm

You are definitely right, it makes much more sense to drop my Occult to an average score of two, so I am not dumb in the subject and I specialized a little more in Magic and Durability, making it 7 for Magic, and 6 for Durability. I actually appreciate all of these things that you are pointing out to me. I am glad that you take the time and make sure that I create the best character for what I want. Thanks a lot, this will probably make my experience in the RP even better! I hope that now everything seems to make sense, if they don't, comment away, I don't mind any changes that need to take place in order to make my character awesome for what I'm going for.

Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Alpha December 4th 2012, 6:37 pm

What he meant was if you have Occult you do not need Intelligence,unless you plan to get both intelligence and magical items,then you don't really need to spend any points on both. You just need to choose one.

Alpha's underlings:
Alpha
Alpha
AlphaGay
AlphaGay

Quote : I was built with no purpose beyond just to satisfy , the tireless thoughts of these curious minds

Number of posts : 1832
Registration date : 2011-03-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 6:47 pm

Honestly, items are not really my style, but intelligence would just be better in the flavor of my character, so I suppose I could just drop Occult completely, thanks for the additional info! I suppose I will boost up my Strength and Speed, since I don't have to trade a higher score for Occult anymore. If there is anything else that I might want to know before finalizing my character, I'd really appreciate it, if not, then I am ready to jump into some role playing. Thanks for the help.

Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Major Arcana December 4th 2012, 11:04 pm

Then again, I'd rather continue to raise up my specialties, 3 Speed and Strength is too much for my character, except for his spells giving him toughness and, well, magic, he is pretty average, but in Intelligence, he is still pretty smart in that field.

Major Arcana
Major Arcana

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon December 5th 2012, 4:00 am

Alright, I'm going to say Approved. Would suggest trying to bump up his Spells and Potency later maybe, once you've got enough experience points to buy some more powerpoints, but that's for the future.

Spoiler:
Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top