The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
City Lights Burn I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

City Lights Burn

View previous topic View next topic Go down

City Lights Burn Empty City Lights Burn

Post by Gauntlet April 17th 2012, 12:54 am

Gauntlet stood on the edge of the roof, it wasn't a sky scraper by any means but he could feel the wind in his hair, his coat flapping in the wind. His bow staff was at full size, strapped to his back securely by a diagonal strap that went from his shoulder to his hip, anchoring his 'climbing tool' in place. He had been up on the roofs for a while, keeping his agility and acrobatics up to speed, he hadn't been around for a little while, not a time to get lazy and reckless. Gauntlet sighed "Must be about 10 stories up." He said with a whisper to himself, panting slightly from all the running he'd been doing. He jumped down to the next roof top. "Nine stories" He said to himself in his head, keeping track of his elevation. He took an emidiate left, running and jumping to a fire escape on the side of the next building. He rolled onto it and used his momentum to spring himself back outside of it, climbing the side bars parallel to the ladders on the fire escape. Gauntlet looked up, just a few more floors to go. He jumped off the side of the fire escape, keeping himself against the side of the building as he leaped. He pulled his bow staff off his back and split it into his classic two climbing rods. Sticking the rods into the building he used them like urban ice hooks to climb the side of the building, breaking through glass and bricks as he went. "Eh, that's where everyone's taxes go anyway" He thought with a guilty grin. He hopped to the top of the 15 story building and walked slowly to the other edge, looking down like he had before. He examined his dog tags closely. 'Gauntlet. T002." said the label on the face of his dog tags. "A Talon huh? Time I owned up to that name."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
City Lights Burn 65753510
~Gauntlet~
Gauntlet
Gauntlet

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2012-01-07

Back to top Go down

City Lights Burn Empty Re: City Lights Burn

Post by Arcana April 21st 2012, 10:07 pm

Sean took a deep breath as his eyes wondered over the edge. Below him a fall that awaited him if he were to make one small mistake. One slip and it would be over. Normally he would be at his home where it was a lot warmer than here but it felt right. Sean enjoyed the cold more than he did warmth, so a cold New York night was what he needed. He dressed differently than one expected for a cold night. Wearing khaki colored shorts that were long enough to hide scars along the upper parts of his legs. A shirt with what looked like blood splatter on it but in a riot of colors. Black and white converse adorning his feet, with a few holes in them which were a sign of how long he had them. They had seen much and would see more before they would have to be replaced.

He clutched a red amulet close to his chest as he let out a translucent cloud of breath. Coming out a little raggedly as if the jewelry brought up a painful memory, though it may have been just the night air. Maybe he could have at least worn a jacket? Though it was too late really to do that considering his home was a good half hour away from this location. If he walked by foot that was, driving was another matter altogether. After a few seconds he let it fall against his chest as his eyes caught something moving in his peripheral vision. It was a human shaped figure jumping along one of the adjacent buildings. Sean was curious now, so he decided to investigate.

He reached for the grappling gun that was held in a small satchel on his back. Aiming it at the top floor of the building as he shot it off, hooking onto it tightly. Testing it first, he jumped as it let him swing over the gap that separated the two. He managed to reach the seventh story, eight below where the guy managed to crawl up to. Though it was a small matter to reach him. Water pooled under his feet. Pushing him up to the top in a slow and calm pace. Stepping off the small formation he spoke for the first time within the span of an hour. ” The views beautiful right? I always thought New York was great this time of night. Even if it can be kinda noisy.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2474
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Andrew April 21st 2012, 11:22 pm

Phoenix ran from one rooftop to another in response to a police dispatch he heard over a cops walkie talkie. He was really booking it. The cool night felt great as the wind blew by him at high speeds. He had one thought in mind. Get to the bank. It was said that there was a robbery going on and that there were about 15 to 20 hostages. He was alone and wished that he had brought at least one other Talon with him, but he knew he could handle the job if he needed to. He leaped from a building and slipped causing him to miss his target. From his back he pulled off his sword and shoved it into the wall catching him from the long fall to the earth.

"Phew" Phoenix said as he whipped the sweat off his forehead with one hand and held onto the sword with the other. He swung up and landed on top of the sword standing on it as a platform. He grabbed the ledge at the top of the building and pulled himself up. Next, he leaned over and grabbed his blade and off he went again. With hope of Talons in the area for shits and giggles he pressed the dog tags on his necklace and started to talk as he ran. "Phoenix to Talons, there's a huge heist going down over at Emerald bank and I'm my way, any of you in the surrounding area are welcome to meet on the rooftop across the street." He looked to his left and saw Sean and Gauntlet. "But of course a few of you may know that because I'm looking at you across the rooftops." he said with a sarcastic grin on his face. He ran and leaped the gap between the two building sliding in onto the rooftop. "Hey guys. not much time to explain what's going on but we need to move I can explain it all on the way."
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Bidy April 23rd 2012, 4:35 pm

*From the rooftops, far away from people's eyes, Trevor was hiding in the shadows, his chamaleonic ability allows him to be completely undetected.*
*He awaited as healing factor takes effect on his wounds.*

" - Fucking soldiers... They must be dying to get rid of me." *He thinks as the wounds slowly heal, after a couple of minutes, only scars remain.* " - Bah. Let them come! I m gonna show them how their guts look like." *The lizardman stands up, his natural camouflage wears off as he sees no danger on his surroundings.*

*A helicopter noise fills the sky, Trevor instinctively crawls on the nearest wall to hide. It was a police chopper, not the ones on his track.*

" - Damn...i can't stay out in the open."

*As he jumps from rooftop to rooftop, the chaos with the hostage situation on the bank attracted his attention.*

*The invisible lizard creature stops at the rooftop in front of the bank, where he can see everything. Police was surrounding the area and from there he could smell the fear and ansiety of every single person in the area.*

" - Don't even think about it...it's none of my business." *He answered to himself as he realized his first urge was to enter the place and rip those bastards apart, but if he do that, attention was inevitable, and that was something it could and probably would make his life significantly short.*
Bidy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Mist April 23rd 2012, 9:50 pm

Walking on the streets, Amy was attracted to the flashes of red and blue from the police car lights. Though she was mostly a stay at home person, she liked her adventures outside of her guardians home. Walking closer to the commotion, Amy wondered if there was anything she could do about it. Once in a while she would mind fantasizing about being something special. Saving people. She wasn't very good at it. Quite often she got herself hurt more than she helped. Though the thought was still there.

A flash of shadow caught her the corner of her eye. A dark figure leaping from one rooftop to another. She seemed to be the only one in the crowd to notice, so she thought. Maybe it was just her imagination. Once again she saw another leap to a separate rooftop. She wondered if perhaps he was one of the bandits inside trying to make a get away. Walking down the street, she tried to project his general location. She wasn't sure if he even had a destination, he was pretty difficult to spot. She couldn't quite get a good look at who it was from the distance she was at, but she knew something was different. Only two types of people would be leaping from rooftops. People with somewhere to run, and people giving chase.

Walking along the sidewalk, she never changed her gaze from the shadowy figure despite losing him a few times. Whether she was going to pursue him in a confrontation or not was another story. She didn't want any trouble, but the young person within her couldn't help desiring seeking thrills. Making up her mind, she hailed a taxi and decided to get ahead of his projected path and climb up the rooftop to intercept him. Once again seeing a glimpse of the man on the rooftops, she noticed a tail. It reminded her of Mr. Kahn, her adoptive father. Though initially intimidating, he was a kind and caring man. All the more, it made her curious to catch him.

Once reaching a destined hotel, she paid the driver and entered the building. Climbing a few flights of stairs, she reached the rooftop, swinging the door wide open. The top of the rooftop was more windy than the streets below. Her jacket blew roughly to the east as she directed herself so she was facing the wind. If she was accurate in the projection of his jumps, he should be leaping to the structure she was located on shortly.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Mist's Profile

City Lights Burn Mistrevamp4_zps524c2e46
Mist
Mist

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaguya April 23rd 2012, 10:03 pm

Kaguya jumped from rooftop to rooftop, covering the gaps by hopping off her own lunar blades. "Sheesh, can't this scum rob a bank at a decent hour. It's not easy looking this good at all hours!" She was approaching the bank building from the rear, and was only a few rooftops away. stepping on air and landing on the roof with barely a sound. One of the news helicopters covering the stories pointed it's lights and cameras at her. "Who the hell is that?" the reporter asked his cameraman, well out of earshot of Kaguya. She simply assumed it was her adoring public, and flashed a picture perfect peace sign and smile at the camera. It was only then she noticed she wasn't alone on the rooftop. 3 young men were already there. She could tell off the bat from their equipment they were here for either the same reason she was, or they were the bank robbers themselves. She was pretty sure they were American Super heroes, even though their garb was so....plain. Which was in stark contrast to the girl who stood before them.

Her hair went into an ornate golden hair ornament, and came out as a pony tail that nearly reached the ground. It was pure black, with dyed red at the ends. She wore a short white dress with black trim that left her shoulders and a generous amount of her plentiful cleavage exposed, and matching stockings and detached sleeves. Patterns of gold decorated her garments and her jewel-decorated boots that look like they came from a fantasy princess's wardrobe. Her hands were clothed in fingerless red gloves, that let her slender fingers escape. On her back was a thick incredibly ornate blade nearly as tall as the girl carrying.

She struck a quick pose, moonlight focusing around her to make sparkles-for that extra touch. "The Moonflower, Japan's most loved teen hero, is on the scene!" She ended her posed by settling her slender fingers around the handle of her blade. "If you're here to stop that bank robbery, don't worry another second! My very excellent technique will let me sneak in right under their noses and put a stop to their villainy! On the other hand, if you're here to help relieve that bank of it's property, I'll cut all of you down right now." She said it all with a photo-perfect smile, and cheerful countenance. "Better answer quick!"
Kaguya
Kaguya

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2012-04-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Maroon April 24th 2012, 4:32 am

Jack Maroon, despite loving a good late night rooftop-jumping, had decided against indulging in that activity for one night. Instead, he walked the streets of New York City like any other man did. Well, like any other well-built man carrying a large 80's ghetto blaster on his shoulder and a katana in his hand; one that was just as intimidating and illegal as it was generic and ornamental.
This was his first visit to the Big Apple, and for once he had intended to just walk around and take in the sights. It would have been easy for him to run through the entire city in a few hours, being able to run as fast as a formula-1 race-car, but that would be boring, Jack thought.

No, this was a lot better. Walking through large hubs of civilization was a secret pastime of Jack's. He liked looking at all the shops, the tall buildings, the multitude of lights that illuminated the streets. It gave him a peace of mind that he didn't enjoy very often. After all, most of his time was spent looking for fights, for low tier 'villains' to slice and dice with his katana. He always enjoyed the feeling of the blood spattering on his white shirt and blue jeans, coloring it with the same hue as his leather jacket. Still, most criminals were just too easy.
Dodge bullets, close in, cut to ribbons, repeat. There was no challenge in it anymore.
Jack contemplated this as he approached the Emerald bank, which had been surrounded by police cars, sirens a-flaring and lights a-flickering. Welcoming the possible entertainment this spectacle could offer, Jack speeded up his pace to a 100 miles per hour, an easy feat for him, to get closer to the event. Before reaching the bank however, Jack caught a glimpse of several figures hopping from building to building, approaching the scene as well. Just rather slowly. One of these figures seemed to be attracting a lot of attention, even having a news helicopter hovering around it. It even looked like the moonlight was concentrated on that very rooftop, but that would just be silly.

Jack, his curiosity finally piqued sufficiently to drive him to action, put down his audio-device in order to indulge in that very activity he had sworn not to partake in today. He ran to the building in question at top speed, but didn't halt when he approached it. Instead, he started running up the building vertically, making his of his superhuman strength and the large amount of momentum he had built up. This lasted him several stories , until he was forced to scale the building with his left arm and his legs, his right hand occupied by the katana it was holding.
At the end of his climb, Jack jumped onto the rooftop, performed a triple salto, landed, followed up with a succession of slashes of his sword in a freestyle kata and finished his routine by striking a pose. There really was no valid reason for doing this other than the fact Jack thought it would be cool to do. He was gracing others with his awesome presence, something he didn't do very often. The media didn't interest him very much. After all, a true warrior like himself should have no need for validation from others, being satisfied only by the fulfillment of his own will. He was just a fun-loving samurai vagabond in search of the thrill of battle. Or something like that.

The media, and the other rooftop-denizens however would most likely just view Jack as a strange blond man with messy hair wearing combat boots, jeans, a shirt, red leather jacket and sunglasses at night, carrying a katana who randomly jumped up the rooftop in a flashy manner.
He released himself from his pose and spoke. "Did I miss the rooftop-party?" He asked around rather loudly. "Why the hell are so many peepz up here anyway?"

Jack Maroon
Jack Maroon
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 193
Job : Not anymore.
Registration date : 2012-02-03

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top