The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Fusion Frenzy
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:21 am by Cobalt

» Jessica Albert
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:26 pm by inquisitor

» Beholder of the eyes
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 10:36 pm by Vorik

» Santo Dorado
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Captain Brigade
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 7:03 am by inquisitor

» Graymoon Institue of the Empowered
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:58 am by inquisitor

» Jack Hawthorne
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 6:55 am by inquisitor

» Speedrun
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Frontline
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 8th 2024, 3:39 am by Arcana

» Revenant

» Pleasant Point
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 8:01 pm by Zonkes

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability I_icon_minitimeMay 7th 2024, 2:28 pm by inquisitor

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Empty Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability

Post by Sul-Fury April 8th 2011, 8:12 pm

Well, it came on me while I was watching Justice League. 4-5 Strength is still superhuman and can lift and punch significantly more than the average person. How much does someone with level 7 Endurance weigh? Realistically, Endurance does not effect their weight. Therefore if they weigh, lets say 250 pounds, a level 4-5 Strength can still knock them backwards with a punch since they can easily lift that much.

Does that mean the punches will hurt a level 7 Endurance? No, the gap is way too large. But level 7 Endurance shouldn't just be able to sit there and pretend like they never got hit by something from a hit like that. It came to me when Superman fought Wonder Woman. I'd say Superman is the strongest being alive, but Wonder Woman still knocked him flying several times.

Taking this into consideration could not only improve the quality of battles, but make those with significantly less Strength than an opponents Endurance capable of legitimately inflicting damage. How? Not from their punches but what the hero or villain is knocked into. Knocked backwards into a wall or electric field. At minimum, stalling the superhuman from cornering and overpowering his opponent with his Durability alone.

Just shootin the breeze here. Lemme know whatcha think.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Click for Sul-Fury's Profile Information
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Sullz2_zpsehmnrnvg
Sul-Fury
Sul-Fury
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "You think you're tougher than me, punk?"

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 598
Humor : HE CAN ROTATE MARS?!
Registration date : 2010-06-05

Back to top Go down

Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Empty Re: Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability

Post by Anglekos April 8th 2011, 9:18 pm

I think this is absolutely correct. For example, my character weighs 200 pounds exactly and has both a strength AND endurance of 6. My character can exert a force of over thirty tons easily with just one single punch; even a tow truck at that point would be lifted from the ground and sent flying with that single hit, and that's not even the maximum he can exert. By this same logic, he uses his strength to send his own body flying over great distances, as an object that weighs only 200 pounds being "struck" by a force of a few dozen tons. He has to be careful where he leaps, however, as seeing as he has no way to control this "flight" when he falls gravity will take over, and if what he hits is exceptionally sharp, then BAM! It's all over.
All in all, I completely agree with you, Sul-Fury.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Anglekos
Anglekos

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 7
Job : Something I don't get paid enough for.
Humor : I'm only here to cause some pain. That say enough?
Registration date : 2011-03-28

Back to top Go down

Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Empty Re: Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability

Post by Guest April 11th 2011, 12:41 am

Would a 4-5 energy attack hitting a Lv. 7 Durability person also hurt?
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Gado April 11th 2011, 7:05 am

I'd think the same logic would go for energy attacks. The force of the knockback suffered from a 4-5 energy attack would probably cause the same knockback a 4-5 strength attack would.

Canni:
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Canni

(Hyena form)
Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Hyenaw
Gado
Gado

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 53
Job : annoying your
Humor : GM
Registration date : 2011-03-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane April 11th 2011, 11:38 am

Nightkill wrote:Would a 4-5 energy attack hitting a Lv. 7 Durability person also hurt?

I never said 4-5 Strength should hurt a level 7 Durability. The gap is too large when it reaches 2 spaces. But it should have a Knock-back effect still. Same with Energy attacks, or Intelligence-related weaponry.

4-5 strength can easily lift 200 pounds, so when a hero that weighs that much gets hit in the face he wouldn't just be still as a statue. He can physically be thrown about. Like my example of wonder woman and Superman, even though they were punching each other through walls, neither were bleeding. Their durability was too high. But the knockback effect into walls or other objects can wear someone down.

Click Here for Hurricane's Profile Information
Click Here for Hurricane's Equipment
Click Here for Hurricane's Agents (Rush, Snoot, or Delilah)

Level 4-5 Strength vs Level 7 Durability Hurricanesigfinal2_zpsb7282616
Hurricane
Hurricane
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : "At the end of the game, the King and the Pawn go in the same box."

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2010-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest April 18th 2011, 9:43 pm

Sul-Fury wrote:Well, it came on me while I was watching Justice League. 4-5 Strength is still superhuman and can lift and punch significantly more than the average person. How much does someone with level 7 Endurance weigh? Realistically, Endurance does not effect their weight. Therefore if they weigh, lets say 250 pounds, a level 4-5 Strength can still knock them backwards with a punch since they can easily lift that much.

Does that mean the punches will hurt a level 7 Endurance? No, the gap is way too large. But level 7 Endurance shouldn't just be able to sit there and pretend like they never got hit by something from a hit like that. It came to me when Superman fought Wonder Woman. I'd say Superman is the strongest being alive, but Wonder Woman still knocked him flying several times.

Taking this into consideration could not only improve the quality of battles, but make those with significantly less Strength than an opponents Endurance capable of legitimately inflicting damage. How? Not from their punches but what the hero or villain is knocked into. Knocked backwards into a wall or electric field. At minimum, stalling the superhuman from cornering and overpowering his opponent with his Durability alone.

Just shootin the breeze here. Lemme know whatcha think.

That's how I thought it always worked but it depends on the circumstances. If someone had 7 STR to match, knocking them flying would be infinately harder to achieve as they would be able to take a lot more punishment.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top