The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Bloom I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Bloom I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Bloom I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Bloom I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Bloom I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Bloom I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Bloom

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Bloom Empty Bloom

Post by Guest December 14th 2010, 3:52 pm

Renegade Name: Bloom
Title: Leaves
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human / Nuwa plant
Hair: None (formerly black)
Eyes: Pale blue
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 9 stone

Costume Image: Bloom Carnivine

(yep, Carnivine...)

Personality: Bloom is paranoid for his own safety and constantly worried that he will endanger the lives of others. However, when aggrovated enough he can cause a lot of damage without self-restraint. He is beginning to lose his touch with the outside world, becoming withdrawn into his own mind.

History: When Bloom was young he was diagnosed as being allergic to sunlight. Desperate to find a way to treat this, his wealthy parents travelled to East Asia. There, they found a mysterious old man selling a rare, peculiar species of plant which he referred to as Nuwa, named after an ancient Chinese creator goddess. The old man told them to leave the plant in the same room as the young Bloom overnight as he slept. They did just that, and the plant bonded with him, protecting his skin from the Sun's rays and enabling him to draw some strength from ultraviolet light.

The life-saving plant came at a great cost. His parents had agreed to sacrifice themselves to the powerful plant in order to save their son's life. Overnight as the plant bonded with Stephen Francis, planting it's roots within his skin, it did the same to his parents, draining the life from them as opposed to bolstering it. The child woke up to a new lease on life and two dead parents.

He was put into foster care, with greedy families planning to win him over and get their hands on his inheritance. Stephen learned not to trust anyone, and on various occasions was given up on by his many foster carers after incidents involving his volatile 'powers'. As soon as Stephen hit 18 he changed his name to Craig Smith and moved to a new state.

Craig lived in a hostel during the years after, until another fateful incident involving the Nuwa plant. This time he had spent the night with his girlfriend, whom he really loved, and the plant had drained her of all life in her sleep. Fearing retribution and further damage to others, Craig fled. He now drifts around, never stopping in the same place, just trying to get by.

Powers:
Bloom is the host to a mysterious parasitic plant. He only has partial control over the plant. It can grow rapidly, and slowly drain the life from people. Also, the Nuwa plant is firmly rooted within Craig, so as to bolster his energy from reserves gained through photsynthesis when needed. As a result of this he can regenerate quickly and take a lot of damage during a fight. He can use the plant's vines as extensions of his limbs or as additional limbs which can reach up to around 10 metres away.

When threatened, the plant can release a large cluster of floating spines, similar to the seeds of a dandelion. These hook into the skin of attackers and release a strong toxin. If they aren't picked out off within the hour, they can erode away patches of skin, and even cause large-scale necrosis if left untreated for a day or so. The spines hurt like fuck if they get in the eyes or throat.

PowerGrid:

Intelligence - 3
Strength - 2
Speed - 2
Durability - 6
EP - 6
Fighting - 3

Character Image: See costume.

Roleplay Sample: Bloom could see the robbery taking place, but wasn't sure whether or not to intervene. Sighing, he decided to do the right thing.

"Oi!" he shouted, disappointed by how squeakily it had come out.

The robbers looked over their shoulders from within the store, and made eye contact with Bloom. The tallest robber, who -judging from the body language of his associates- was the leder of the group, burst out laughing. The rest followed. Bloom rolled his eyes and walked towards the store. The robbers, still smirking, backed away a little.

The store clerk whipped out a 12-gauge from behind the desk while the robbers were distracted. She pulled the trigger, reducing the back of the 'leader' robber to nothing but a mess of bloody flesh.

"Holy shi-" Bloom began, before being hit at full force by a fleeing robber. They ran as fast as they could out of the store, weaving through backstreets like startled mice. Bloom watched them run, then tried his best to calm down the clerk while they waited for an ambulance to arrive for the half-dead thug on the floor.

Last edited by Amiplify on December 14th 2010, 4:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Bloom Empty Re: Bloom

Post by VivaLaCult December 14th 2010, 4:00 pm

What is with you and pokemon people?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bloom Wat12
VivaLaCult
VivaLaCult
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1587
Job : Killing people with my BEAR HANDS
Humor : buckets and buckets of dead people
Registration date : 2008-11-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 14th 2010, 4:05 pm

I figured they just look like people with obscure superpowers, so... yeah Very Happy

Also I used to go on various other RP boards so I'm kinda running out of original image referances.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilbert Jackson January 23rd 2011, 11:12 am

What be goin' on wiff dis app? It be approved or not?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bloom WilbertBloom Image
Wilbert Jackson
Wilbert Jackson
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-12-02

Back to top Go down

Post by The Black Arrow February 10th 2011, 4:50 pm

Moved to the trash unless Amiplify comes back.

The Black Arrow's application,
Gadgets,
and Experience[color=black].[/color
Bloom Thephantomssig
The Black Arrow
The Black Arrow
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 647
Job : Terrorist
Humor : Terrorism
Registration date : 2011-01-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top