The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

» Taliesin
Question of the Day I_icon_minitimeMay 12th 2024, 2:26 am by Arcana

Top posting users this week
ProwlerKnight
Question of the Day I_vote_lcapQuestion of the Day I_voting_barQuestion of the Day I_vote_rcap 
Nate6595
Question of the Day I_vote_lcapQuestion of the Day I_voting_barQuestion of the Day I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Cobalt
Arcana
Tybrid
Sage
Vorik
ghost

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Question of the Day

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

OPEN Question of the Day

Post by Zonkes October 6th 2019, 3:02 pm

Got a burning question for your fellow members? Drop it here. One question per day.

Who is your favorite character? Either of your own or on the site in general.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 632
Job : Professional Slacker
Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.
Registration date : 2017-01-10

Back to top Go down

OPEN Re: Question of the Day

Post by M.J.Caboose October 6th 2019, 3:05 pm

I will say Rabbit Punch for now. I need to look up a lot more chars though XD
M.J.Caboose
M.J.Caboose

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2018-05-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 6th 2019, 3:14 pm

My all time favorite character? Or my favorite right now?

If we're talking ALL TIME

My favorite has to be my own OC, Chelle. She has been through SO MUCH trouble and turmoil. She has lost children, and lovers, and friends. She has killed those that got in her way, and saved the damned.

If we wanna go with my fave character on the site atm, it's a tough choice.

But I personally enjoy a handful of characters.

Tube Top is an obvious pick. The idea of him communicating via captions on his screen is adorable.

I also love Danny, Dave's OC. She's a force to be reckoned with!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Question of the Day JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vorik October 6th 2019, 8:58 pm

Obviously DANGER DAN! Its always fun to write about his failures.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12166-danger-dan

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12265-the-janitor#125741

https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t12322-terry-white#125992
Vorik
Vorik
Post Mate
Post Mate

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2019-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes October 7th 2019, 5:05 pm

QoTD: 10/7/2019

What's your favorite plot line on SHRP?

Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Humor : What’s the difference between a clown and a pancake? Not much after the steamroller incident.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 7th 2019, 5:53 pm

omg. Broken Wings with Tyuki and Lucius. It's such a good read. The main thread is epic. So many characters in that initial thread.

Tyuki vs Dr. Dressler is one of my favorite moments in RP.

And ofc the aftermath where Tyuki and Lucius have a one on one conversation.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Descendants October 7th 2019, 9:26 pm

Personally, it's the Queen of Nightmares plotline. A plotline still in its infancy, but god damned if it isn't interesting.
Descendants
Descendants

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2018-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 8th 2019, 4:05 pm

QUESTION OF THE DAYYYYY 10/08/2019

What made you get into RP? What was your first RP like? Do you even remember it?

Truthfully, my first "RP" was written on paper with my friend Bekki in like 4th grade.

My cousin then introduced me to Yahoo! chat rooms and I started one line RPing on there. My first RP sona was, and I shit you not, a blue wolf. Not a wolf girl. A blue wolf.

My username was legit blue_wolf3000.

Why? we'll never know.

My second one was unrealistic.entity

and I had that username for a long, long time.

It wasn't until I started religiously playing Xbox Live that I got the username: LoLChellizard and then I got rid of the LoL and went to Chellizard.

My first "forum" RP was actually a Gundam RP site, then a naruto one, then a dragon ball Z site.

I moved from those to a vampire site; then a zombie site, then a space-esque site, then SHRP.

(:

What about you guys?!

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes October 8th 2019, 4:21 pm

All my friends were doing it.

Growing up I had no interactions with the outside world, being homeschooled and bullied in my hometown, the internet was the only place I could go. My first real interaction with roleplaying was on ROBLOX - I'm sure everyone under the age of 20 has heard of it, but it's basically a glorified lego rip off with forum aspects and social media aspects - on a little group called Demigod Alliance. My username was castawayfan1.

Honestly, Demigod Alliance as a first experience into forum RP, wasn't perfect. It didn't prep me for all the intricacies of forum writing, but it was a ton of fun.

But not everything was fun. The second group I joined was an X-Men Group, and I gotta tell you? That has been the single driving force holding me back from actually being confident in my writing. I was with this group for seven years before I found SHRP. This is where my creative talents have actually blossomed.

And I refuse to leave until Chelle kicks me out for incompetence and annoyance.
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Puglife43vr October 8th 2019, 5:12 pm

I must say, Nightlight, my own boy, is one of my faves. One of my more developed characters.
Puglife43vr
Puglife43vr
Posting Apprentice
Posting Apprentice

Quote : "What would you do... For a Klondike bar?"

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2018-06-03

Back to top Go down

Post by OhNoesBunnies! October 8th 2019, 11:35 pm

Chellizard wrote:QUESTION OF THE DAYYYYY 10/08/2019

What made you get into RP? What was your first RP like? Do you even remember it?

Erotic Fiction. (I wish I was joking!)

I was an odd child, especially considering my experiences and traumas, and an avid writer well ahead of anyone else in my classes and time. So when the internet started to become a big thing, I invested a lot into online books and fan-fics, and... uh... well, I grew up fast.

I vividly remember my first real thought-out RP, and it was as cringe as it was fun.
OhNoesBunnies!
OhNoesBunnies!

Quote : "I need one of those long hugs where you kinda forget whatever else is happening around you for a minute." - Marilyn Monroe

Number of posts : 21
Job : Currently unemployed - Hope to change soon!
Humor : No, you! >:c
Registration date : 2019-08-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Thorgron October 9th 2019, 9:07 am

Yea I’ll answer this, why not!

I was super late to the party as far as online RP. I had just been introduced to D&D 3.5 about halfway through my freshman year of college. I had always considered myself a nerd/geek/whatever you want to call it but D&D had always been my holdout. “At least I’m not hanging out in my parent’s basement playing Dungeons and Dragons” was sort of my mantra to convince myself that I had not gone over some invisible precipice into being “too nerdy”. Flash forward to freshman year, I try the game and I’m instantly hooked. My roommates and college friends are playing constantly, often multiple nights in a week for the rest of the year.

The summer after that I spent a lot of time dreaming up new characters and plots for the various games we had on hold. But when we got back to school for our sophomore year we were busier and played less. So I went searching for other ways to scratch that itch in the downtime between games. That’s where I found forum based roleplaying. I am less than proud to admit the first place I ended up was GaiaOnline but I bounced around a whoooooole lot of different sites before landing here and wrote some real garbage along the way. But SHRP is the only place that I’ve stuck around, even if I do sometimes disappear for weeks or months at a time...

Question of the Day Pbucket
Thorgron
Thorgron
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 630
Registration date : 2013-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by REDSHEILD October 9th 2019, 1:56 pm

I started play by post RP back in 2008, on a forum for the browsergame Travian. I don't really remember why, other than a desire to tell stories. My very first forays into it were quite bad (in my first RP post ever I wrote in screenplay style, but this was rapidly corrected by my peers) yet fortunately I managed to grow as a writer. My first real RP was an empire control RP by the name of Space Empires, likely taken from the series of 4x games. I met a number of people in that RP and on that forum, several of whom I still know today. Unfortunately the forum was overhauled in summer 2017 and I had been putting off updating my archives for years at that point, so I lost a lot.

Space Empires itself was quite the experience. The GM, Purple, was a certain blend of immoral and narcissistic. Much of the game was heavily weighted towards himself and a player he had built up an alliance with, Malganus. Purple played a race he called the Centauri, who were essentially anime people descended from wolves. They had all manner of crazy technology like reliable ways of halting entropy in a volume of space that they used to keep rations fresh out of the oven for eternity. I won't go into too many specifics of his other tech but essentially, he had his ways of doing things, and no matter how eccentric they were, he was convinced they were always correct. Malganus played a not!Imperium of Man, God Emperor and all, just with crystalline aesthetic instead of gold and skulls. The Centauri and Imperium were joined at the hip despite the fact that the Centauri were downright evil by the Imperium's stated standards. And by joined at the hip, I mean down to their interstellar defenses actually being fully integrated with each other, to the point where their entire regions of space were sealed off from any unauthorized entry by FTL inhibitors and fortresses forming a sort of space Maginot line.

One of the other players in the RP, by the name of Recnic, decided to straight up play the Eldar, likely in response to Malganus' IoM rip off. Early in the RP there was a big, UN like meeting between all the player races. Eldrad, yes that Eldrad, bombed it for some reason.

This turned the entire RP in Malg and Purple vs. Recnic, and due to Purple's preferential treatment of himself and Malg in terms of what was and what wasn't allowed, over time it turned into Malg and Purple vs. Everyone Else, in character, because the actual space terrorists were more fun to play with. This controversy grew to the point where we had skype chats, backstabbing, and treaties being drafted, including a plot where my ostensibly neutral nation would help the Eldar and a few other races mount an invasion of the Centauri/IoM alliance. Due to Purple's actions causing ever growing tension and his clear favoritism, eventually he stepped down as GM and I was elected as his replacement. Things went more or less as expected from there, with bouts of inactivity preventing the major players of our plot from getting everything into place, and eventually it fizzled out and died.

If the thread still existed, I'm not sure I would want it to become active again, but it was an experience I will always treasure.
REDSHEILD

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-07-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 29th 2019, 2:30 pm

QUESTION OF THE DAY BECAUSE WE FORGOT TO DO THIS CAUSE WE'RE ALL PROCRASTINATORS!!!

QOTD: 10/29/2019 What was your first game that you ever played to completion? And I'm talking as close to 100% as you could get!

For me, it was The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time!

I remember playing that game day in and day out. Staying up late on school nights, squinting at my shitty, 10" TV screen and abusing my poor N64 controller. Life was definitely different back then.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zonkes October 29th 2019, 2:36 pm

So I’ve always had trouble keeping myself motivated to 100% finish a game. But there’s one game that I only completed 100% last year, and I played it to see all the paths I could take.

Infamous: Second Son
Zonkes
Zonkes
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top