The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:27 am by SicilianDragon

» The Most Dangerous Game
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:55 pm by Vorik

» Fusion Frenzy
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 4:54 pm by Cynical_Aspie

» Stars over Vegas
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 1:13 pm by Sage

» A Base To Call Home
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:32 am by Arcana

» Trial by Fire
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 6:14 am by ProwlerKnight

» Huntsman
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 3:51 am by Arcana

» A Game of Cat and… Rabbit?
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 17th 2024, 1:42 am by Tybrid

» What We Do In The Shadows
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 5:21 pm by Nate6595

» Jager
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 3:17 pm by Nate6595

» When the Wind Goes
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 1:14 pm by Nate6595

» Terrify Her
Break from Business [open] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMay 15th 2024, 12:45 pm by Nate6595

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Break from Business [open]

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Break from Business [open] - Page 3 Empty Re: Break from Business [open]

Post by Guest December 12th 2009, 2:46 pm

Nightkill was walking past, when he sensed energy coming from a cafe. Being in his civilian disguse, he easily come into the cafe, ordered some coffee, and sat down a few tables away from them, and opened up a newspaper, but was listening and watching them out of the corner of his eye.

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 12th 2009, 3:35 pm

Adrian saw he stranger enter and sit down, but did nothing in terms of communication. Why should he? He turned his attention back to Rin, who was wearing a smile that he had seen all too much. "mmm....tacos..." he said misleadingly. He was pretty sure that she had broken through his mind, and that meant that she was more powerful than he thought. It wasn't necessarily a good thing or a bad thing in his eyes. It just was. Adrian took another sip of his soda as he dropped the act. "So, you heard?" he asked hesitantly. He may have just thought it to deceive her, but that didn't mean that he didn't mean it. She was kind of cute. Adrian got bored in the seconds awaiting Rin's answer, so he started to mess with the other customers minds. With the subtle flick of his hand the cafè started snowing. Odd he thought, smiling on the inside.
Project F
Project F

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 12th 2009, 3:40 pm

She paused for a moment. Where had the cocky attitude gone, she wondered. Either way, it wouldn't be fair to keep on messing with his head. She tilted her head to the side thoughtfully and nodded. "Yep, your whole distraction method with taco's didn't really do the trick," She said jokingly. "But yes, i did hear what you thought of me and i must say i'm pretty pleased that you think that way," She said with another smile, but not one like she had just done when she read his mind. Just a casual, gentle smile. She blinked as she felt something falling on her shoulder then looked up. Snow. She loved snow, to be honest. She smiled inwardly and watched as the cafe's tables and floor started to gather a fine layer of snow on the top of them.
Rin
Rin

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2009-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 12th 2009, 6:00 pm

Adrian regained his arrogant smile as he evaporated all the snow that was on the ground and on anyone. It only took a little thought in the back of his mind to keep the snow from hitting the ground, leaving him to converse with Rin while not making a mess. "You don't have to be so formal. You could just say that you liked what I thought, not that you were pretty pleased that I thought it." he said jokingly, flagging down the waitress. By now, she just about had it with all the ice and snow and crap and was about to quit. "Yes, I'll have the burger please, medium well, with a side of those smiley face potatoes. They are awesome." he told with a calm smile. The woman quickly loosened up and went to the kitchen to get his meal right away.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 12th 2009, 6:15 pm

She rolled her eyes. "Well excuse me. Its just how i speak," She said with a smirk. The waitress turned to her and asked if she'd like anything to eat. She shook her head. "No, thank you," She declined as the waitress tilted her head. "Are you sure, miss? You look hungry," She asked. Rin shook her head again. "I said no. Really, its fine," She said. The waitress nodded and left for the kitchen. Rin put a hand on her empty stomach. Truth be told she hadn't eaten in days. She was trying to see how long she could last, since some of her requests required her to travel for a while, so she didn't have time to eat. She was starving but of course she'd never admit it. "I like the snow, by the way," She said to Adrian.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 13th 2009, 12:09 am

"How could you not? It's so mysterious. Curious, elegant. Beautiful. One might even call it mystifying." Adrian said, leaning in with every word so that when he finished he was right up next to Rin's face. Their nose almost touch. For added effect, when he finished Adrian created a little fog in his breath that wrapped around Rin's head. Feeling daring and cocky, as he always did, Adrian leaned over a bit more in the fog. HE was relatively sure that in the fog Rin couldn't see him, but that didn't matter. What did matter is that when Adrian leaned back in his chair, he had done two things. He had leaned in and kissed Rin on the cheek, and whispered in her ear that he lost the game. "Don't you see what I mean? It is so amazing and unpredictable." Adrian said with a half smirk. In his words he was talking about the snow, but he knew that he was talking about something else as well.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 13th 2009, 11:30 am

For a moment, Rin could've sworn that her heart had stopped beating. In her life, the only people that had been close to her were her family, and she'd been known to hate them. Nobody had even been physically close to her like this though. The fog prevented her from seeing anything; all she heard was her breathing and Adrian whispering to her that he'd 'lost the game'. He'd kissed her on the cheek as well, she'd felt it. Why would anyone do that to her? Of all people? "U-Uh huh, unpredictable all right," She finally managed to say with a slightly bewildered nod. She didn't understand why she was so flustered, or why his actions had made her react the way they did. She was a stranger to these emotions so she had no clue how to follow through with them.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 13th 2009, 2:30 pm

Adrian chuckled softly at Rin's startled expression. "You seem surprised." he said with a smile. "You sure you don't want something to eat? I heard that the fillet is superb" he said, putting his feet back up on the chair next to him. Adrian never was one to take things seriously, but he didn't know about Rin. She might take what he just did out of context, but that was ok with him. If she did, he would just eat and leave. But since she hadn't already stormed out of the restaurant, Adrian assumed that she wouldn't think that Adrian was just looking for sex.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 13th 2009, 3:23 pm

She shook her head, although her stomach said otherwise. She was really hungry. "No, it's really alright. I'm not really that hungry," She lied, looking out the window again. "Besides, i don't have the money to pay for the meal," She was trying to get that shield back up again, trying to push away the fact that she was beginning to like Adrian more than she should. She tried to make herself seem as uninterested as possible. What sort of assassin was she if she got attached to someone that easily? Besides, more than likely, his actions were fake. Who in their right mind would go for someone like her? Honestly, it made no sense for him to like her. But, whenever she thought about that, it hurt a little. That aggravated her. WHY should it hurt her? She let out a quiet sigh as she shut her eyes and ran a hand through her hair. Being human was so complicated.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 13th 2009, 8:32 pm

"I would think being a paid assassin and all, you would have a little bit more spending money." Adrian said. He left it at that, and an awkward silence soon enveloped. Adrian was about to offer to pay for Rin's meal, but thought better of it. It could be seen as flaunting the money that he earned from....odd jobs. For some reason, Adrian didn't want to do that. Normally he would be showboating like crazy to try to woo that girl into a one night stand, but this was different. Adrian was having a real conversation with a woman alone, something he hadn't done for a while. He surprisingly missed it a lot, but that little part of Adrian's brain that actually wasn't arrogant just ignored it. He kept flashing that charming smile and waited for his food.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest December 13th 2009, 10:29 pm

Nightkill was still watching. Because of heightened senses, he heard the whole conversation, and recorded it. He walked out of the cafe. Time to test their skills. Two minutes after he had left, a big explosion ocured in one corner of the cafe, as it began to burn.
Anonymous

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 13th 2009, 10:47 pm

Adrian was slightly startled by the explosion in the opposite corner of the cafe, but not really enough to jump out of his seat. Luckily, him and Rin were the only two people still in the restaurant, besides the crew, and the kitchen was on the other side. before anyone else had time to think about what the hell that was, Adrian doused the fire with the vapor in the air. It would condense, turn to steam, and then condense again until the fire was fully out. "Not me" he said to Rin with a steady voice.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 14th 2009, 12:06 pm

She opened her mouth to answer that she had to use her money to pay for other things, but a huge bang interrupted her. She noticed that the man sitting across from them had gone, and could only assume that he had some role in this. She looked around, suddenly regretting her choice of clothing. This mini skirt wasn't going to give her much room to move freely if it came down to a fight. It'd have to do for now. She reached down into her boot and pulled out a slender blade which was about the length of her hand with an extremely sharp blade. She rested it lightly in the palm of her left hand and shut her eyes, her heightened sense of hearing trying to catch any useful snippets of information. When she found none, she sighed and her head drooped ever so slightly. "Heh, guess i'm losing my touch," She said with a resigned smirk.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 14th 2009, 5:34 pm

"Not losing your touch. More, distracted by a great beauty." Adrian said with a chuckle. He was a little nervous about the blade, but he figured that if she wanted to kill him, she would have already done it. Plus, Rin had already stated that she wouldn't kill him, and Adrian had no reason to distrust her yet. Yet. Adrian always found that people usually disappointed you in the end. That or betray you. He rather preferred the latter. Emotionally charged revenge missions were so much more fun then having to forgive someone. Adrian had already determined that the man that had recently left was behind the explosion, but left it be. Adrian was too tired to chase him, but was just really bored. He didn't know if Rin could keep up with him either. That wouldn't be very nice now would it.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Rin December 15th 2009, 11:59 am

"A great beauty?" She said with a raised eyebrow. "Yeeeah, sure. Whatever helps you sleep at night," She said as she reached across and patted him on the shoulder with her free hand. She flipped the blade round and round skillfully in her other hand, not getting cut once. She didn't even have to look at it, she was looking at Adrian with this skeptical look on her face about his previous comment. "Besides. assassins aren't meant to get distracted unless its for a good enough reason," She added at the end for good measure, before leaning back and pulling her hand off his shoulder and back onto her half of the table. She seemed to have recovered from the shock of the explosion relatively quickly. "And whats that look for? I wouldn't hurt you or anything. I've taken a liking to you, which is strange in and on itself," She said with a slight grin.
Rin
Rin

Back to top Go down

Post by Project F December 15th 2009, 5:08 pm

"Not meant to does not mean impervious too." Adrian said with a wink. He didn't really comment on the girls knife twirling; it didn't really impress him. Sure it was a neat trick, but that was it. Kind of like him making ice sculptures that could do a jig. Cool, but not really practical. It only took a couple of seconds for Adrian to come up with a witty remark for Rin's last sentence, but he choose not too. For once he listened to that little voice in his head that told him 'No'. First time for everything he thought, not thinking much of it.If he wanted to run out, then he would. But right now, he wanted to stay, and Adrian always fallowed his gut instinct. And, on more than one occasion, his stomach. "Well that is strange; because, as you know, i have rather taking a liking to you as well." Adrian said instead, flashing his teeth instead of grinning weakly like Rin was.
Project F
Project F

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top