The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Valkyrie I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Valkyrie I_vote_lcapValkyrie I_voting_barValkyrie I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Valkyrie

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Valkyrie Empty Valkyrie

Post by Orsy June 5th 2017, 12:43 pm

Valkyrie

"Protector of Midgard"

The Bio

Hero Name: Valkyrie
Title: Guardian of Man
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Race: Asgardian/Human Halfbreed
Hair: Blonde
Eyes: Bright Blue
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 150lbs

The Looks

Mercy as her current faceclaim, except with real angelic wings of course.

The Personality

Freyja is arrogant, tough, and very proud of her heritage.  She will never back down from a battle, as death in battle is the highest of honors to her.  To spend eternity in Valhalla with all the heroes of myth is her endgame as it should be for all true warriors in her view.  She treats others with honor and respect unless they don’t return her sentiments, she’ll become angered if provoked.  Freyja is also very closed minded, having been taught a certain set of ideals that she will rarely move away from.

In battle, Freyja is a force of nature.  Rarely does she hold her punches, and even rarer still does she show mercy.  With the fine exception of honoring stronger opponents by allowing them to live and fight again, as well as sparing innocence.  Other than that, she is a weapon of Asgard who will vanquish all threats to Midgard.

Romantically Freyja is, for the most part, complicated.  As a Valkyrie, Freyja looks for only the most worthy of men to gain her favor; just as she must look for the most worthy of warriors to join the Army of the Chosen Dead.
The Story

Freyja’s story begins in a very unexpected place; Normandy Beach, France, June 6th; 1944.  It begins with a man named Lieutenant Nathaniel “Nate” Faraday, a soldier in the British Army at the time of great war.  Though the story doesn’t follow his heroic actions on the battlefield; it begins with his death.  As the military man lied cold on the bloodied beaches he was visited by the most beautiful woman he would ever meet; a literal Angel in his eyes with long blonde hair, bright blue eyes, and two stunning white wings.  Her name was Alva, and she was a Valkyrie.

Alva had her eyes on him during his exploits in battle and saw him as a great warrior of his time, fighting with honor and courage.  Her soft, fair skinned hand took the soldier’s and pulled his soul from the cold corpse before taking him away to another land entirely.  Nate would have been forgiven if he had believed it to be his God’s heaven, and in a way it was.   The beautiful angel had taken him to the golden halls of Valhalla, where he would become one of the Chosen Dead.  Since Alva had chose him, it didn’t take long before the English soldier and the Valkyrie were wed and had a child together; a beautiful winged girl with bright blue eyes and blonde hair, Freyja.

Freyja grew up in Valhalla, being trained in the many arts of battle by her Valkyrian sisters and her mother.  Her training took her from the palace in Asgard to the frozen wastes of Niflheim, every trial designed to test her mentally and physically until she would eventually be molded into a strong warrior angel herself.

Many decades of training and battle passed between then and the current day.  Midgard has been increasingly filled with dangers to itself and many of the other realms.  Beings of great power began to pop up an mass, and such a thing as worried Asgard.  As Valhalla’s newest and most promising Valkyrie,Freyja has been sent to the human realm in order to combat these strange new dangers and protect the realms.
The Priority

1. Agility 4
2. Endurance 2
3. Reaction 3
4. Strength 1

The Powers

Asgardian Strength: As a daughter of Asgard, Freyja has the strength of the gods.  Able to lift things far beyond human capabilities, up to 200 tons if pushing herself to the limit, and throw a pretty mean punch.

Asgardian Endurance: Same as above, Freyja is incredibly tough.  Most human-made technology won’t have much affect on her; knives will shatter, bullets will bounce off, and flames will slide off her form.  She also knows how to take a punch as good as she can give one.

Hel’s Vision:  A less glamorous ability; Freyja, as a Valkyrie, had a strong connection to Hel and her land of the Dead.  Her inevitable task is to locate and choose a soul of the Worthy Dead, and ferry them to Asgard as all Valkyries have done before her.  Because of this, she was granted the power to see and commune with the souls of the dead.  Although she would need something belonging to or something with a powerful connection to the dead in order to commune with them.

Flight: This one is self-explanatory.  Her wings are large, beautiful, and not just for show.

Flight Speed: Her wings are incredibly strong, allowing her to fly up to Mach 3.  (This also allows her some kind of wind control abilities, as flapping this great wings can cause some nasty gusts.)

Master of Combat:  Many decades of training and battle has made Freyja very proficient in war.  She’s a highly capable warrior at the best degree.

The Weaknesses

Asgardian Weapons: Whereas human forged weapons would simply shatter and bounce off her form, Asgardian weapons would cut her as if her flesh were human.  This is because Asgardian weapons are forged to strike down other god-like creatures, thus being very effective.

Human Half:  The Aesir are looked upon as perfect beings without flaws.  While this isn’t exactly true, they are much less flawed than humans.  Freyja, however, is half human.  This means she has the character flaws that make humans what they are.  Her emotions are more powerful than they would be is she were a full Asgardian, which means they could get in her way.  Her ability to make “Human mistakes” is is very present as well.

Human Needs:  Even Asgardians has needs to live.  Food, water, and oxygen are the main things.  If she doesn't regularly take in any of those three things, she could starve to death, die of dehydration, or suffocate.  This also means she has a hard time flying too high in the sky, and space would absolutely kill her.

Wings are a Vulnerability:  Her wings are large, beautiful, strong, but also essential for flight.  If they are tampered with, removed, or damaged in any way.  She will not be able to fly with them.  This would leave her vulnerable in her having to rely on land travel to be mobile.

Disarmed: Though Freyja is a powerful warrior without her weapons, she is clearly much more effective with them.  Disarm her of her shield and sword, and her most powerful abilities are neutralized.

Ill-Tempered: Part of her human-sided weakness.  Freyja has a short temper, and it is her strongest character flaw.  She’s not the most level headed warrior in the battlefield.  If things don’t go her way, she’ll get annoyed.  If such continues, she’ll become enraged.  While this might seem more dangerous, it is also extremely exploitable as she cannot think clearly in such a state.

The Items

Himmeldansr: Forged by the Dwarves of Svartlheim in the same way Mjolnir was forged.  Himmeldanser, or “Sky Dancer”, is a powerful magic blade that strikes with the precision of lightning, and the force of Thunder.  The blade also acts as a conduit of the sky itself, calling upon the storms to be wielded as a weapon.  Weaknesses: The sword's power is determined by the wielder, as well as her worthiness to wield it.  The sword is just a normal blade if not wielded by Freyja, and if Freyja breaks her Oath to protect Midgard with said sword, Himmeldansr will lose its power and be useless to her.

Dragskala: The magical shield to protect the warrior from evil.  Dragskala has a special enchantment that basically, when thrusted outward towards danger, envelops the wielder with a nigh-impenetrable shield that only the strongest of hitters can crack. Weaknesses:  The protective field it creates is not perfect, it can be broken by an act of great strength, and there is a weak spot directly behind the wielder that can be exploited.

The Fluff

Immortality: While this isn’t the total unkillable sense of the term; as an Asgardian, Freyja is immune to the chains of time.  If not vanquished by the sword, she will live until the end of time.

Accent and Speech: Being a creature of Norse Myth, she has a distinct Nordic accent.

Bifrost: Like all Asgardians, Freyja travels between words via the Bifrost, or “Rainbow Bridge.”  Which is essentially a portal or gateway of bright multicolored light that opens up in the clouds and extends a long bridge-like structure of the same multicolored light.  The bridge itself is wide enough for three horses to cross.  The Bifrost allows Freyja to essentially teleport wherever she needs to go, but it isn’t without its drawbacks.  

Bifrost Weaknesses:  Freyja herself cannot open the Bifrost herself; Heimdallr, Asgard’s sole gatekeeper, is the only being able to operate the bridge.  Because Heimdallr is the lone gatekeeper of the Bifrost, he will always put Asgard’s security over the plight of someone requesting that he opens the gateway.  Under no circumstances would the Bifrost ever open during combat as Heimdallr would never allow a threat to breach his kingdom’s borders.  There is also a delay in which the Bifrost opens when available:  First Freyja would have to request it from the Keeper, which would take a moment for him to hear her plea.  Then Heimdallr would have to use his sight to locate her, decide if it was safe enough to open the bridge, and then personally open it.  Then the Bifrost would take a moment to connect to said location before opening.  All the while taking about five to ten minutes.  So think of it less of teleportation and more as a Soldier requesting evac.

Dregskala Bracer: Freyja’s shield, Dregskala, has the special ability to transform into a wrist bracer when not in use.  As the Valkyrie has no other way to store the item on her back due to her wings.  While it’s fixed to her wrist in this form, as a shield it can still be taken from her.

Himmeldansr Returns to Sender:  Like the Mighty Thor’s legendary weapon; Freyja’s short sword, Himmeldansr, can return to her after being thrown.  Freyja would have to hold her hand out for it to summon it, and the blade must be able to return to her.  This can be stopped by keeping Freyja’s attention away from summoning the sword, or having something/someone strong enough grip the blade to prevent it from flying back to her.

Halfbreed: Freyja is half human, a fact that brings her shame.  She can never be a full Asgardian and will always live with the drawbacks of her human half, a fact that weighs heavy on her soul.

Application created by Chellizard | This code is open-source and available for free use.

Last edited by Orsy on September 8th 2017, 12:48 pm; edited 11 times in total (Reason for editing : Name changed to something more Norse.)
Orsy
Orsy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Don't let the kitty fool you, this Orsy is a happy boi.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 143
Job : None'ya
Humor : HAHAHAHAHA
Registration date : 2015-01-06

Back to top Go down

Valkyrie Empty Re: Valkyrie

Post by Chellizard June 5th 2017, 2:07 pm

Your items need weaknesses.

Three of your weaknesses aren't weaknesses.

Wind Control is a power, too, unless you're just flapping your wings.

Arrogance and Ill-Tempered are 1 weakness.

"Not that Strong" is not a weakness.

Fix this and you're good to go.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Valkyrie JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 5th 2017, 4:41 pm

I need one more thing; explain roughly how strong she is, and how fast she can go when flying.

Then I can really approve you.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Valkyrie JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 5th 2017, 8:00 pm

And, after a long thought and talk with some other staff members, I've come to the conclusion that I do not like the idea of your character being the literal daughter of Thor.

I have NO problem, what-so-ever, of you making a character from the Norse mythology. However, I see there is a lot of room for error and bull-shit adding further down the line with the little history you've given me.

As the daughter you have many, many years that you can just say that your character did this, or that, or maybe even "this." And it would be... unethical, in my opinion.

So please rewrite the history to state your character is a descendant.

I cannot consciously allow you to make a character with the vague age of "Thousands of Years" while also being the daughter of Thor of Asgard.

Sorry! Last fix, I promise.

-My DeviantArt-
Valkyrie JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard June 5th 2017, 9:31 pm

Approved and moved.

-My DeviantArt-
Valkyrie JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Zell June 14th 2017, 4:47 pm

Moved for edits

Valkyrie Samhai10
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Orsy August 17th 2017, 3:35 pm

Edits I made:

Complete Rewrite of Valkyrie's backstory to make her more acceptable.

Change of age to 73 because of the story rewrite.

Added an additional power (Hel's Vision) and weakness (Human Half)

Finally rewrote a fluff thing.
Orsy
Orsy
Post Mate
Post Mate

Quote : Don't let the kitty fool you, this Orsy is a happy boi.

Number of posts : 143
Job : None'ya
Humor : HAHAHAHAHA
Registration date : 2015-01-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard August 17th 2017, 4:57 pm

The only flaw I see now is in the combat master; you state hundreds of years. Should be reworded to several decades.

-My DeviantArt-
Valkyrie JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top