The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeToday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
SicilianDragon
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_vote_lcapDispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_voting_barDispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_vote_lcapDispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_voting_barDispatch ( Ready for Review! ) I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dispatch ( Ready for Review! )

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) Empty Dispatch ( Ready for Review! )

Post by Dispatch February 4th 2016, 5:05 pm

DISPATCH
"Win or Lose, There is No Second Place."

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Dispatch
Title: Miss
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Hair: A dark, coppery red. It reaches just below her shoulder-blades and is often kept tied back.
Eyes: A light, hazel-brown.
Height: Five-foot Five
Weight: Ninety-Eight Pounds
Blood type: B

The Looks

Grace has medium length red hair. It's a bit erratic and sticks out of where she want's it to go in a number of places normally. Generally, does not put a huge amount of effort into her appearance and she definitely does not wear make up every day.  In her line of work, it's near impossible to keep your hair and face looking formal for more than a few minutes. Her eyes are a light hazely-brown that refract light in a luminescent way.

She weighs just under one-hundred pounds and stands at five-foot four. Her body shape is rather athletic, but not a body-builder by any standards. To classify it in a more generic theme, she has a slight 'pear build'.  Her legs make up most of her height, as expected from a traditional Speedster, and her arms are reasonably long as well. Though she may physically or emotionally abuse you for mentioning it, she's relatively flat-chested. She doesn't really complain about it, though. Imagine running at extreme speeds with extra weight strapped onto your chest. Yeah, not as fun as it sounds.

Appearance in Pictures:

The Legacy

Personality:

Being athletically inclined, Grace is very self-reliant and energetic. She is still young for a power-wielder, so she is still rather inexperienced. While she may come off as cocky or even a little too sarcastic at times, she's still in that insecure stage of life. Often times she resides by herself rather than talking with other people. No, she's not one of those teenagers that think life is unfair or that no one understands her. Instead, she wonders what life really is and what path she's supposed to take in order to achieve life at it's fullest.  When it comes to romance, she's completely unaware. Due to her home-schooling, she was never dramatically involved with school hierarchy or had first hand experience with flirting. This leaves her ignorant to any type of romancing that may be shown to her.  This doesn't mean she's some sort of robot being introduced to human interactions for the first time, though. If she finds you funny or enjoyable, she'll remember to talk to you again. If you're rude, she'll probably treat you in the same fashion. Well, maybe a bit more physically with a punch to the face. Often times when she yells at someone or insults them, she regrets it almost immediately. It leaves her with a pang of guilt, but she'll refuse to admit it.

History:

Grace was born an illegitimate child. Her mother was a member of the city's local police force, as was her husband. Her mother's husband had been shot down while the two of them were cracking open a drug-trade operation. Stricken with grief over her fallen companion, she had resorted to a rather chaste lifestyle. As you could expect, Grace was the price of this practice. Her mother was still in her early twenties and had a long life still to live, so her fate was a cruel one, but beautiful all the same. She went into labor on a blustery afternoon and there was no way for her to drive herself to an emergency room. And so, her child was born in a small apartment room with a nothing but a towel as a blanket. Exhausted, her mother could barely even nurse her child without falling into unconsciousness. The pang of guilt her mother had felt for not being strong enough for her infant hurt more than the pain that came with childbirth. That night, Grace's mother could've sworn that the storm had paused mid-frame. A note on the side of paper stated that her mother wished that she could've been whisked away with her loved one on a night like this. The police stamp read 9:17 P.M. when the older woman next door had come to the apartment to check on the pregnant woman, she had been the only one Grace's mother talked to about her pregnancy. The elder woman had called the police and an ambulance, but the woman was too drained to hold on long enough to be rescued.

---

For the first few months of her life, the child was placed in an incubator. With no family to pay the bill, she wasn't given the ‘most priority’. Despite her odds of survival, there was one doctor that had taken a certain liking to the child. Based on rumors, it seemed that he had lost his wife and soon-to-be daughter during a miscarriage. Pitying her out of potential misplaced father-ship, the medical scholar became devoted in seeing that she became healthy. Even after hours, the doctor would sneak into the nursery and talk to the child, giving her the socialization she needed. Even in her infancy, she seemed to take in his words, stabilizing herself with them.

Despite his best efforts, the child fell into a critical state three months in. Unable to cope with another loss, the doctor worked desperately to preserve what was left. A few under the table deals and some things that could be considered illegal, he came up with the means that he needed to create a body fit for anything. Against laws of bio-mechanics, it allowed this child’s body to work on overtime, speeding up bodily processes but preserving life. One could’ve guessed he made a deal with the devil to accomplish such an act.

Along with a nurse he had nearly blackmailed in order for her to assist him, the two performed a surgery on the child. Following the pattern of her luck, the operation went without any troubles. It would seem that the doctor would adopt the child and all would be well, but the nurse turned the man in before he could even finish sending in the adoption papers.

---

After recovering, the child was sent out to a foster home. While the parents were strict, they took care of her all the same. As a last testament from the mother, they complied on naming her Grace, after her biological grandmother.

Grace grew up a strong kid. Spunky, leader of the pack type child. She would get into fights often enough, but she’d only do it if it was to protect her friends or her own name. While some considered her a problem child, she considered herself a ‘protector of justice’. As you could imagine, she loved everything that had to do with heroes cleaning up after villains. And for the entirety of her early years, she had no idea that she could very well have been one.

The realization came when she was seven years old. An episode of a cartoon that had a clip of a man flying had inspired her to climb up onto the roof while her foster-mother was working in the garden. By the time the woman realized what was happening, Grace had already jumped off and plummeted to the ground. Her leg was mangled, and it appeared that she had shattered many other bones. Mortified, her foster-mother called for an ambulance. Within ten minutes they arrived, but were surprised to see that Grace was on two feet, working at a juice pouch. It was as if nothing had happened. It left her ‘mother’ hysterical, and she insisted on having further testing. Sure enough, the doctor that had saved her life’s work had remained and gave her inhuman-like properties. Over the years, the properties multiplied and left her with the ability to move rapidly and heal just as quick. She was transferred out of her school and was moved to private-schooling. This seemed to hinder her more than help her. Throughout her entire childhood she had been dead-set on going to school and participate in sports, but her parents were convinced that they’d criticize her because of her unnatural abilities.

They tried their best, but nothing could keep the girl from using her powers when she wanted to. The sense of responsibility that was supposed to come with power never really clicked. Cutting up an old t-shirt as a mask, the girl gave her powers a whirl, speeding around town and testing her limits. After attempting this, she realized that she did, indeed, have limits. Lactic acid hit her like a truck and she gased out on the outskirts of town. She found herself unable to move and could only watch as a car rolled up before everything faded.

When she awoke, she was some place unrecognizable. Her hands were bound and she couldn’t stand. There were voices emanating from across the room, but her eyes couldn’t adjust. Scratching at her ties blindly, she managed to free her hands unnoticed. When one of the voices fell silent, she knew they were coming. She assumed they were some kind of human traffickers, which meant bad news for her. Animalistic desperation kicked in and she began to panic. Only fifteen, she didn’t know what to do. A man in a mask came into the light and laughed at her, which only fueled the panic and humiliation. When he bent to her level, she reared back and head-butted him straight on. It shocked him enough into reeling back, which gave her time to unbind her legs. The following almost all came naturally. Fluid movements gave her the ability to out-do and apprehend the man, along with the one he had been conversing with.

She escaped and spent the next few hours trying to find her way back home. She was grounded for two weeks, but she didn’t mention being kidnapped. Despite the direness of the situation, the whole thing gave her an adrenaline boost. After that she was convinced that she was given this ability for a reason, and she had just found her calling.

The poor girl doesn’t know what it means to be a hero. At least, not yet.

The Powers and Weaknesses

Powers

Enhanced Speed - Grace is able to move at insane speeds for bursts at a time or fast speeds for a shorter time.

Quick Healing - Her body is quick in healing. Minor injuries have little to no effect.

Mental Intake - Her mind also works at a quick rate, which allows her to analyze situations quickly.

Weaknesses

A Great Need - Because of her sped up bio-mechanics, Grace needs to intake large quantities of food and sleep. Otherwise she can run herself into a wall and crash, almost literally. Lactic Acid also can build up in her muscles if she doesn't run frequently, thus causing serious pain in her legs. If you make her run continuously for long enough, she won't be able to fight any longer.

Healing Takes Energy - The larger the wound, the longer and more draining the process becomes. While it's still faster than a regular being, it still takes time. This power doesn't apply to losing limbs or being decapitated.

Panic - While she can analyze quickly, it doesn't mean she takes it in well. If things look shady, she can come to quick conclusions and make the wrong choice. Hopelessness can also occur if the situation seems too dark.

RP Mechanics

Understanding - Rather than fighting, Grace loves to have one-on-one banter from time to time.  She loves giving advice when it's needed.

Competitive - Even if her life depended on it,  she couldn't turn down a direct challenge.

Physical Priority

Agility - 4
Endurance - 2
Reaction - 3
Strength - 1

Last edited by Dispatch on February 6th 2016, 11:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dispatch
Dispatch

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2016-02-03

Back to top Go down

Dispatch ( Ready for Review! ) Empty Re: Dispatch ( Ready for Review! )

Post by Dispatch February 6th 2016, 10:35 pm

- Ready For Review! -

Make whatever opinions you have known, I'd like to do my very best with this character! Let the critics roll.
Dispatch
Dispatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 6th 2016, 10:49 pm

Running speed and reaction time are two separate powers.

So is a minor healing ability.

And if your character has any form of intelligent passed that of your every day top of their class college genius, then it's also a minor power.

So that's 3 powers in total, really.

I need to see 3 weaknesses. Be they physical or mental - as long as they're tangible and able to be exploited - within reason.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dispatch February 6th 2016, 11:03 pm

I sort of figured I had to divide those up, but for whatever reason I didn't. Thanks for pointing that out Kitty Face

Any other points or is that all?
Dispatch
Dispatch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard February 6th 2016, 11:05 pm

Gucci.

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]-
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
~Main Characters~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] |  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
~NPCs~
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] | [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top