The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Lissandra I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Lissandra I_vote_lcapLissandra I_voting_barLissandra I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Lissandra

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lissandra Empty Lissandra

Post by CaptainGrue July 24th 2015, 1:16 am

Lissandra
Liberator of the Red Son's Head

Basic Biography

Let's get in the mood.:
Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Lissandra
Title: Liberator of  the Red Son's Head.
Alignment: LG (she follows her own set of rules 'religiously')
Race: Human
Hair: Dark brown to the point of looking black in the right light.
Eyes: Brown
Height: 5 ft 2 (about 157cm)
Weight: 139lb (about 64kg)
Blood type: AB+

The Looks

Lissandra:

She'd wear something like this:
Clothes:

The Legacy

Personality: Lisa has eerie, kind and professional qualities to her.
She is creepy. Her voice is light and frail, which she uses to unintentionally come off as horribly offputting. This combined with the content of what she speaks can be incredibly strange.
Naturally, Lisa is not a violent or aggressive person and will respond to most people with a smile rather than a leer. This being said, she's normally never the one to start a social interaction in the first place. Not because she's antisocial or introverted, but because that's just the way she ticks. She imagines herself as being an open person, and doesn't repress herself as much as she just doesn't think to talk about herself in that way.
Lisa has a huge passion for her work, but also takes it quite seriously. She has her own set of rules in place when it comes to the supernatural and her own abilities, and abides by them. This does prevent her from becoming too stressed, though, as she doesn't need to improvise as much. When she does need to improvise, though, she might start to hesitate but I wouldn't expect a panic attack anytime soon.
Though if you wanted to make her panic, go after anyone she loves. It's a cliche fault but it's also a realistic one that can't be avoided in this case.

History:
But everyone else is doing it.:

The year is 1873. Britain. Occult groups were booming, thanks to the recent scientific theories and superstitions held by some. One such cult was a family-based group named the "Red Son's Head". The family believed they were visited by a demon who would possess their next child. Indeed, the housewife of the home was pregnant. So the group was formed and they had laid all sorts of spiritual defenses in fear the demon would return. Rituals, animal sacrifice, elephant skin. One last stratagem came to the superstitious bunch in the form of an outsider: A Liberation. Markings made out of burnt bone. A goat's tooth. Blood from every member. The death of one exempt from sin. Thunder struck through the house, but it was not lightning. Portraits and decorations came crashing down. The bone ashes rose from the ground and flew through the room like a black wisp, being absorbed into the mother. She wasn't due for another two months, but she went straight into labor.

And so a child was born:

Lissandra was not regarded as simply another child of the family, though. It was not certain if the Liberation had truly worked, and the Red Son's Head took every precaution. They did not give her a surname, as not to forsake the rest of the family. Growing up, they taught her everything they had known about the occult and included her in rituals. When she was 8 Lissandra was able to enact a Ritual of Serenity. As a warm white glow encompassed the room and inspired her, the family watched in awe as they had never seen a ritual performed with such power. There was no doubt in their minds: The demon stayed within her. They would continue to teach her, but everytime she successfully performed a ritual with such power they would spend the next 13 hours torturing her. But all of them were all successful. And they only got stronger. Lissandra learnt to withstand the pain through the years and felt as though she was absorbing their negative energies. Lissandra knew two things through it all that kept her going: They were wrong. And there was another light coming.

Family Values:

Lissandra had turned 16, and the time was impending. She had learnt to manipulate the many energies that she released, but dared not show it in fear of the family. It was a Ritual of Resurrection, intended to bring life to the man they sacrificed so long ago. White and black light infused and repelled itself at the same time, pouring into the rotting corpse's throat. Suddenly, Deja Vu: Thunder and shaking with the absence of lightning. The demon was returning. Lissandra poured everything she had into it, and in return the demon poured itself into the girl. And although the demon felt much pain, Lissandra felt nothing. All she felt was knowledge and understanding. Light filled her vision, and with a loud CRACK the demon was dead and Lissandra was awake.

The year is 2017. Britain. The world has changed quite a bit. Lissandra is found in the same room from 128 years ago by a boy her age, who is ecstatic to meet her. She finds there is absolutely no sign of the Red Son's Head anymore, and is adopted into this new family. She grows to be quite fond of them. The destruction of New York and the uprising of metahumans brings great interest to Lissandra (now called Lisa by her family), who believes her transportation to this age was not a coincidence. Upon asking, she gains full support from her family to do what she can in finding her role in life. The occult fad is dead, but nothing seems to have changed in the rate of supernatural happenings.

And so the year is now 2020. Lissandra is somewhat of an occult detective, who uses her abilities to combat or calm vile spirits.

The Powers and Weaknesses

(All characters can be as powerful as they want, as long as they are balanced with proper weaknesses.)
Powers
A lot of these are going to be spells under the name of "Rituals". Think I'll add more with the experience thing later on.

Sixth Sense: Lissandra has a connection with all sorts of spiritual energies/entities, and should be able to identify as well as interact with them.

Defense Against the Dark Arts: Lissandra has a strong level of shielding when it comes to magic or supernatural attacks.

Ritual of Serenity: Requires a symbol made out of hair, skin or flesh. Effects an area about 6x the size of the symbol. This ritual releases a warm glow that should reveal or bring out someone's true intentions. It should also bring evil spirits to the visual spectrum.

Ritual of Devastation: Requires a symbol drawn from goats blood. Effects an area about 3x the size of the symbol. Causes tremors, and gives Lissandra an amount of Telekinesis.

Ritual of Release: Requires an object of sentimental value, rather than a symbol. This ritual allows to draw spirits of any sort from an object/body of any sort. Can also be used to dampen or break spiritual defenses.

Weakness(es)

Spirit Energy: Lissandra pours her own spiritual energy into her rituals for them to function. The amount of energy she consumes is determined by the size of the symbol. In the case of her Ritual of Release, it would be the power of the spirit or the strength of the barrier. With a lack of energy, her rituals are severely weakened and her shielding is lowered. Physically, she is unaffected.

If I was to describe exactly what this version of Spirit Energy is, I'd tell you it's mostly connected to emotions. The strength and type of emotion she is feeling will alter the outcome of her Rituals.

Brute Force: Lissandra is a detective with neat powers but has the body of a human and doesn't expect to get into any physical confrontations. If she's punched, she gets bruised. If she gets shot, she might die.

Family: She loves her adoptive family. If they go, you're gonna be dealing some serious emotional torment.

Technology: She's had three years to catch up, but an absurd amount of technological advancements still has Lisa out of the loop. If you've got some snazzy gadgets, firewalls or an armored suit, there's not much she can do about it.

RP Mechanics

RP Mechanic(s):

Occult Genius: Lissandra has unknowingly absorbed the knowledge of a demon in her past and has been taught a heck of a lot in her time. If there's spooky stuff, she probably knows what's up.

Items/Minions

Journal of the Red Son's Head: Lissandra's primary resource, this huge journal contains all sorts of neat stuff a student would need to know about the occult. It's not even full, so she also adds things into it about her detective life and whatnot.

Satchel of Questionable Items: Contains a decent amount of ingredients Lissandra needs for some rituals. Is restocked after any single roleplay is finished.

Physical Priority
(You are to put these physical attributes in order from 1 to 4. 1 is the highest priority, 4 is the lowest.)
Agility 3
Endurance 1
Reaction 2
Strength 4

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bernard Fenns/Heart Attack: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Jeremy Bennit/The Octasquad: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Lissandra: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Demetri Thales/The Eclipse: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
CaptainGrue
CaptainGrue

Quote : "See alternate quote for punchline."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 62
Humor : Light, dark, stale and zany.
Registration date : 2015-07-09

Back to top Go down

Lissandra Empty Re: Lissandra

Post by Zell July 24th 2015, 7:48 pm

Spoiler:

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Spoiler:

"Gone from light, lead astray. Soul turned to darkness in a single day. Lead me back to the light. Killing me...the only way to set things right."
Zell
Zell
The Once and Future King
The Once and Future King

Quote : "A villain is just a victim whose story you haven't learned yet."

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 1417
Job : Existential Crisis Manager
Humor : [19:57:45] @ Spirit Corgi : In order to produce minions we require you to find two minions who love each other.
Registration date : 2013-05-07

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top