The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Deal and The Hit
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:04 pm by ghost

» Ervin James
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» WIP Morgan D'fae
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_vote_lcapHospe [Dawn Smith] I_voting_barHospe [Dawn Smith] I_vote_rcap 
Vorik
Hospe [Dawn Smith] I_vote_lcapHospe [Dawn Smith] I_voting_barHospe [Dawn Smith] I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Hospe [Dawn Smith]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hospe [Dawn Smith] Empty Hospe [Dawn Smith]

Post by JustRuka July 24th 2014, 5:48 pm

Hospe
“When in Rome, live like the Romans“

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: Hospe
Title: Interdimensional Visitor
Alignment: Lawful Good
Race: Interdimensional Being
Hair: Dark
Eyes: Blue
Height: 1.7 metres (5.7 feet???)
Weight: 64 kg (141 pounds???)
Blood type: O

The Looks

Alter Ego:

In costume:
Overall Dawn is an ordinary college student as far as looks are concerned. She is rather slim and and not too tall so she would be the last person anyone would suspect to be a superhero. Dawn is not very bulky and posseses about the same bodybuild as usual women her age if not a bit slimer. Seeing how a lot of hand work was accomplished by magic in her home dimension Dawn may have been a little bit punier to start off but after several years the young woman managed to catch up in terms of bodybuild. Seeing how physical training is new to the woman, she thinks of it was rather exciting and frequently does fitness and light exercising. Dawn does not care much about handling her hair too much seeing how she isn‘t doing much close range brawling anyway. Dawn is not exactly a beauty queen but she has quite attractive facial features seeing how she lacked any significant injuries, scars or so on and lived in somewhat perfect conditions in her home dimension.

As far as clothes are concerned Dawn is very much a copycat, the young woman is not too used to Eartly ways of female clothing therefore she likes to copy whatever she sees on „successful females“ around her. Dawn rather enjoys wearing anything formal like her college uniform because she is rarely seen as weird when wearing it around campus or too far away from it. However occasions happen when Dawn may dress rather weirdly and she often has trouble confusing male and female clothing, those occasions ashame the woman greatly as she is still learning the evolving and intriguing ways of female clothing and fashion.

As far as her Superhero uniform goes Dawn designed her Hospe costume by watching some TV shows about superheroes from clothing from her own home dimension. Surprisingly enough what is considered as formal clothing in her home dimension fits what superheroes on Earth dimension wear with the outfit being rather comfortable yet flashy and colorful. The material of the outfit is tight but allows much space for movement however provides no actually relevant physical protection.

The Legacy

Personality: Dawn is a rather strange young woman, she hails from another dimension so she is very much a guest to Earth dimension's ways, customs and laws. That does not mean that she does not accept them, in fact she loves them and flourishes them. Dawn believes that it is her duty as a visitor and guest of this dimension to abide it‘s laws and rules both social and formal which oftenly leads to a lot of stress when Dawn misunderstands a social or legal norm as she lets misunderstandings and ommisions of those get to her really easily. Dawn may not necesarily demand or expect such behavior from Earthlings but she considers ignoring Earth‘s laws and rules rude and may voice such opinions.

Dawn‘s own dimension works rather differently to Earth‘s rules, in there magic is a constant and laws of physics is occult which means that Dawn accepts and speaks about magic just as nonchalantly as an ordinary human would speak about laws of physics and considers magic somewhat geekish and boring, while physics looks like interesting and mystical thing making Dawn look at some ordinary laws of physics with awe and have her own strange rituals to honor those laws (like incinerate a piece of food so that Sun rises up again in the morning) that come purely from her misconceptions and fiction she has heard about physics as a child. As such Dawn is very interested in all sciences and laws of physics and views magic as an ordinary thing and is greatly amused when someone gives magical powers any degree of mysticism even after spending some time in Earth dimension.

Dawn is an awkward young woman constantly feeling like fish out of water and trying to fit in with the crowd. Even after spending a lot of time in her new home dimension Dawn is still very much a guest unfamiliar with most of the ways of Earthlings, it does not help that the customs and the way people act and dress appears to evolve as in Dawn‘s dimension things such as customs and way people act rarely change. The young woman is also very willing to go to the extremes to fit into the surrounding and to fit the rules of the inhabitants of her new home dimension coming off as a little bit awkward most often as a result.

As a superhero Hospe is very much a moral compass, she views it as her duty, her responsibility to see that most people follow the rules and believes that they wish to follow rules but merely forget about them or mess up just like she usually does so Hospe is very much a guide first and fighter later. It doesn‘t help that the dimensional energy  she taps into is basically anti matter and destroys the matter it touches so Hospe tries to use her power to do the right things to compensate for the dark and destructive nature of her home so that her dimension could be viewed not as something that brings destruction but something that is loving, polite and bringing hope to it‘s dimensional neighbors.

History:
Dawn comes from a dimension foreign but not much different from the one she calls Earth. In fact she lived in Earth, just the different dimension‘s version of it but calls the normal dimension Earth just for the sake of clarity. Dawn‘s father was very fascinated with the Earth dimension so he gave his daughter a name which is foreign to that dimension and only meant sense in Earth dimension meaning the rising of the Sun which did not happen in Dawn‘s home dimension. The last name of Dawn‘s is one she gave herself when coming to Earth dimension, it was the most common last name so it fit Dawn‘s desire to be like everyone else and fit into the crowd.

Dawn‘s childhood was very much a simple childhood for people of her dimension, she spent a lot of time studying what is considered magic in Earth as magic is a constant in her home dimension and science is the occult. As a result Dawn is decently educated in occultism and magic if not for her slight sloppiness in studying it as she considers if geeky and boring (just like an ordinary student would consider physics boring). Dawn spent a lot of time listening to her father‘s tales of the Earth dimension and it‘s ways, most of them were completely wrong or made up, that did not ruin the little girl‘s newly found fascination with the dimension. Dawn dreamed to one day graduate college and become a magician and learn to look into the dimension with the help of magic.

When Dawn finished highschool however her life changed as an evil dimensional conqueror from another dimension came to take Dawn‘s home over with the mystical powers of science. Being completely uneducated in the scientific arts the people of Dawn‘s dimension lost the battle and were killed by the endless armies of mystical machines and the power of science. Dawn‘s father managed to somehow use the portal of the conqueror to send Dawn to his dimension and avoid the fate of the girl's home dimension inadvertedly giving her power to tap into the energy of her home at will and even return to her dimension with enough concentration. Being sent into the alien dimension Dawn tried to live a life of an ordinary Earth citizen and enlisted into local college to study the mystical arts of physics to one day return and return her home to how it was before.

After returning home eventually Dawn noticed that the evil conqueror had already left to look for other dimensions to conquer having lost interest in ruling over her home. With time Dawn rebuilt her house and started spending time there occasionally, meditating or thinking about her past and her present. During her time on Earth the young woman noticed the remarkable people the locals called „heroes“ who upheld the order of their homes and protected it from evil the way Dawn couldn‘t. The youth decided to use her power of tapping into the dimensional energies of her home and knowledge over magic which for some reason was considered mystical there to help her new home and become a hero and a full blown member of Dimension Earth. The woman created a superhero identity after seeing how much her home clothes reminded her of heroic attires and chose a name „Hospe“ which translated from a local mystic language – latin which meant „guest“ which Dawn very much still is to the dimension.

The Powers

Power 1: Energy Manipulation: Due to the strange effects of her initial teleportation to the local dimension Hospe gained ability to tap into the energy of her home dimension and use it as energy manipulation. Due to strange differences in the dimmension‘s structure the energy functions as sort of anti-mater and is highly corrosive and destroys itself and any matter it comes in contact with making it rather useful for both offensive and defensive purposes. Dawn is also capable of transporting herself or willing people to her home dimension and prevent any harm to Earth dimension people in there, but not as an offensive or defensive ability as it takes her far too much time, concentration and effort to do so.

Power 2: Magical Arts: Since Hospe is a being from a magical dimension and she has studied magic since birth and even studied it as Earthlings study science in school, Hospe knows a lot about magic and is able to use it to some extent but not as a main power due to her consideration of magic as casual, geeky and boring. Having enough destructive potential from her main power Hospe uses Magic mostly for supportive or defensive purposes as well as to combat other magic. Hospe doesn‘t really like using her magic offensively, mostly using it to generate force fields, healing, deflecting or absorbing other magic as magic is less harmful to others to use defensively then her dimensional energy which corrodes matter upon contact. Hospe can also use magic to use basic flying like levitation and basic gliding.

Power 3:

Power 4:

Grid
Intelligence: 0
Occult: 5
Strength: 1
Speed: 2
Durability: 2
Ability: 8
Fighting Skills: 3
Magic:  5
Spells: 3
Flight: 1
Wealth: 1

Spells:

Mechanics Spells:

Basic Flight: Hospe can use basic flight reminiscing tricks like gliding, floating and levitation using magic. Basic flight is not her prefered way of travel as it is rather slow and she can‘t really reach high enough altitudes to travel by flight.

Interdimensional Teleportation: Dawn can teleport back to her home dimension with enough concentration and effort and even teleport other people there and keep them safe from harmful effects of her home dimension that it would have on any matter of the Earth dimension as far as the people do not stray far from Hospe.

Immunity to Interdimensional Contact Combustion: Being a being of her home dimension normally Hospe would most likely be destroyed in a combustion accident when present in Earth dimension however for some reason she has gained immunity from this harmful effect and therefore does not combust spontaneously as she should. It is unknown if this is due to magic or a result of genetical accident during her first teleportation to Earth dimension.

Basic Spells:

Casual Telekinesis: Hospe can casually move everyday objects using magical spell casting. Affected objects are things like household appliances to deal with everyday issues, this is an ability shared by her dimensional peers and common to her kind as magic is the way that even the most usual tasks like stirring the pot is done in her home dimension. Hospe can manipulate multiple objects as long as the sum of their mass does not equal or surpass the amount she can normally lift physically meaning in theor y Hospe can manipulate things like kitchen tools or light environmental objects and even stop slower projectiles in their path. After using this ability once except for roleplaying mechanic purposes, this ability has a one post cooldown and can only affect objects used up to the post where the spell is used unless the other object is targetted pre-emptively.

Magical Awareness: Using spellcasting Dawn has learned to detect magical presence in the surrounding area, Hospe can sense magical influences or any magical in origin or power creatures affecting or linked to a person and is capable of being aware of existance of another magic user or spellcaster within the casting range. This spell can also be used to read magical texts of various magical encryptions. This includes things like texts of foreign languages enchanted with magic to be read by other magic users or read texts written by any of the common magical languages and identify magical languages or encryptions beyond her ability to read them.

Low Spells:

Magical Purification: Dawn is able to remove any curses or similar effects from other Spells that the target does not desire as long as they are Low or below in power. This includes also disabling weaker Magical curses that have not been triggered yet such as magical traps or curses that are present in a ten metre radius around the user that are not above Low power. This spell has a cooldown of three posts after being used.

Magical Tentacles: Hospe is capable of using magic to form tentacle-like appendages that are made of pure magical energy and may be able to restrict a targetted opponent similarly to how real tentacles would, anything of 5 STR or beyond would be able to break out of even the most efficient restrictions, in addition the tentacles can also be simply avoided completely by a more skilled feat of evasion, the tentacles are also capable of doing small damaged punches or slams if the user does not wish to simply restrict their target.

Medium Spells:

Magic Healing: Hospe can use magical spells to heal other targets of injuries with efficiency equal to her magical power, that is the efficiency of this spell grows with the user‘s Magic stat. This spell cannot heal fatal or near fatal wounds, only make near fatal wounds non-life threatening but the target with mentioned wounds would still remain incapacitated. By default this spell is capable of healing any except the disabling wounds. Healing is not an instant process and takes place in the duration of one post with the healing of the wounds being complete only at the end of the post. This spell has a three post cooldown.

Magical Barrier: Dawn can manage to use spellcasting to generate barriers that are able to reduce the efficiency of an attack by 6 points be it magical, strength or ability based attack, if the attack is weaker then 6 it is blocked completely. Barrier only lasts for one post and is dispelled after it. This spell has a cooldown of two posts after being used.

Last edited by JustRuka on July 25th 2014, 12:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
JustRuka
JustRuka

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 15
Job : Whatever I get my hands on during summer
Humor : My life is a humor -_-
Registration date : 2014-07-23

Back to top Go down

Hospe [Dawn Smith] Empty Re: Hospe [Dawn Smith]

Post by JustRuka July 25th 2014, 11:56 am

I believe this is completed now and ready for the cruel fist of checking!  Smile 
JustRuka
JustRuka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger July 25th 2014, 12:11 pm

1st things 1st I'm the realist
No but really, with 5 occult you do not need two it as they are the same thing. I suggest moving the two points from Int into a position where it would be more helpful. Perhaps fighting skills as with only 1 point in fs and 2 speed you won't even have time to cast your barrier spell or block an attack with your energy manipulation before you're already dead.

As for the magical restriction spell you are not allowed to be able to hinder or stop someone from using their powers in such a way. Everything else looks to be in order.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 535
Job : Lawyer in training
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by JustRuka July 25th 2014, 12:27 pm

Thank you for taking your time to check the app:

Moved points from INT to FS as suggested.

Edited the spell into a spell that could possible restrict a target but does not prevent usage of powers, consultation with the C-Box claimed such a Spell was OK.
JustRuka
JustRuka

Back to top Go down

Post by The Ranger July 25th 2014, 12:29 pm

Everything seems to be in order. You're good to go.
Welcome to the site.
Approved until stated otherwise.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The Ranger
The Ranger
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Number of posts : 535
Job : Lawyer in training
Registration date : 2011-05-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top