The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_vote_lcapEDEN-2, Center of the World I_voting_barEDEN-2, Center of the World I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
EDEN-2, Center of the World I_vote_lcapEDEN-2, Center of the World I_voting_barEDEN-2, Center of the World I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

EDEN-2, Center of the World

View previous topic View next topic Go down

EDEN-2, Center of the World Empty EDEN-2, Center of the World

Post by SecretSquirrel November 15th 2013, 7:33 am

Base Name: EDEN-2, although it goes by many names over the last 100 years, such as Aaru, Elysium, and Canaan.

Purpose: The central location for the Man in Black's conspiracy group, the Freemasons

Apperance:

The facility is made up of 5 components, buried deep underground in a large open section of the Ogallala Aquifer.

Here is a basic diagram drawn roughly to scale. The brackets at the bottom of the picture indicate 500 ft in width.

EDEN-2, Center of the World I3vxn5

The Cavern base is 5981 feet wide (about a mile), and 1411 feet deep, and is an extremely large aquatic section of the Ogallala Aquifer.

Each of the 5 components have 5 names, depending on who is referring to them, as well as a name for that which lies beyond the 5 components.

The research designation is used by the scientists, the Order of Ra is the local religion for those who live within the facility. The internal designation is the logical term for non-research individuals, even though the Order of Ra terms are the general colloquialisms for the locations. The Illuminati terminology is only used as a way to refer to locations secretlyabove ground, by those in the organization. The Freemason's terminology refers to the locations above ground.

Most of the Illuminati and Freemason terms are mentioned by people who have no idea what the location is or what it is referencing, but they do know that the place exists, somewhere in the world. The terms are more or less a legend among conspiracy groups, and only a privileged few have ever seen Eden 2 in person.

Research Designation, (Order of Ra), "Internal Designation", ILLUMINATI, Freemasons

Surface
0 to -78 ft Missile Silo, (REN), "Silo 454", JERICHO, Bethlehem
-78 to -207 ft Elevator Beta, (SHEUT) "Dark Elevator", MORIAH, Zion
-207 to -665 ft Inverted Pyramid Beta, (IB) "Light Pyramid", AXIS MUNDI, Eucharist
-665 to -872 ft Elevator Alpha, (BA)  "Light Elevator" , BABEL, Sanhedrin
-872 to -1411 ft Pyramid Alpha, (KA) "Dark Pyramid", OMPHALOS, Ziggurat
-1411 ft and below, Abyss, (AKH) "Depths", NIRVANA, Golgotha

Surface
0 - 539 ft Earth
-539 to -1411 ft Aquifer
-1411 ft and below: bedrock

Pyramid Alpha sits at the center of the cavern. It is a five-sided pyramid that is 539 ft tall, and 539 ft diameter (if one were to draw a circle around it). This makes it have the same size as a skyscraper internally, with a thick layer of casting overtop, made of an extremely strong conductive alloy making it black as night.

Elevator Alpha is a light elevator that funnels sunlight down into the tunnel and into Pyramid Alpha. It is 207 feet long, and casts light throughout the dark water of the underground cavern.  

Pyramid Beta is an inverted 5-sided pyramid, hanging from the ceiling. It is 439 feet tall and 439 feet in diameter (if one were to draw a circle around it), the first 333 feet are in the ground, and the remaining 126 feet stick out into the aquatic cavern. It takes all of the light sent down by the Elevator Beta and shines brightly like an artificial sun over Pyramid Alpha.

Elevator Beta is a light elevator that funnels sunlight through the rock to light up the cavern, and into Pyramid Beta. It is 129 feet long through the ground. Radiating out from the elevator are 5 blast shields, each one 16 feet thick each, and of the following diameters: 206, 127, 78, 48, and 30 feet respectively.

The Missile Silo is an old Minuteman Missile silo for Nuclear launch, now without a missile, and it serves as a sensors and operations base. The location of Elevator Beta is completely hidden within the silo's base, after a series of blast shields. It is 78 feet deep.

Extensive depletion (15% since 1960, 6% of which has occurred from 2003-2020) of the Ogallala Aquifer has allowed the cavern to mostly hollowed out, however, it is still filled with a low-density fluid composed of water, oil, dirt, oxygen and various gases released from the ground. This means that while one cannot breath the liquid due to lack of oxygen, the internal pressure of the cavern is actually quite low, much lower than water.

History:

Schematics for Eden 2 have existed for nearly 100 years in the Freemason history. No one knows who originally penned it, or why, but when a suitable location was found, it took another 80 years for it to be built.

The building has been constructed slowly over the last 80 years. It was originally slated as an underground base in the event of a nuclear war. In the 1940s, construction began on the base that is now known as Pyramid Beta. It used the aquifer's readily available water to supply energy and sustainability to the base even at those incredible depths. At its core on the surface was a 44th SMW unit LGM Minuteman Missile silo, designed to be used in the event of absolute emergency. It was placed in an unknown location in central Kansas. In the 1960s, after the PTBT Treaty, the silo was abandoned and sold to a private individual, with the existing government having never known about the secret base.

That private individual, using his own resources over a huge span of time, he constructed what is now known as EDEN 2.

It was at this point, the private individual, expanded the base into the structure known as Pyramid Beta, with full knowledge of the value of the water inside the aquifer. When the construction broke through to the aquifer, he began to construct the blast shields over them. Pyramid Beta's construction took 15 years, from 1965 to 1980, and tapped into the vast Ogallala aquifer.

It was then that the "Light Elevator" system, Elevator Beta, was constructed, and the remaining 30 years were spent building Pyramid Beta. The materials used were largely mined directly from the ground beneath the aquifer itself, using specialized deep-water mining equipment to deal with the incredible pressures. This cleared out much of the room. Many of the workers within the facility believe it is their job to maintain the base to repopulate the United States if a nuclear war has happened, or a Metahuman rebellion occurs. As a result, some of the living workers are second-generation, having never actually seen the surface. They live to serve the government, and individuals such as The Man in Black are the only ties they have to the real world.

Pyramid Alpha began construction in 1990. It was completed in 2010, and has been in operation for 10 years to today. Only the workers, who live in it and never leave, and a select few individuals have ever been inside, as most of the research and work is done in Pyramid Beta.

Obviously, given the age of the structure, most of the workers are actually second-generation, or third generation, and have never seen the actual surface. Pyramid Beta sustains by synthesizing nutrients out of the soil above them, to convert CO2 into Glucose, while Pyramid Alpha uses the water around it along with excess synthesis from Pyramid Beta. If you were to measure the amount of synthesized food, you could tell that Pyramid Alpha staffs approximately 10% of what Pyramid Beta does, implying that most of Pyramid Alpha is unmanned.

Wealth: 5

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
SecretSquirrel
SecretSquirrel

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 56
Humor : It is you who is inside the jar.
Registration date : 2013-11-03

Back to top Go down

EDEN-2, Center of the World Empty Re: EDEN-2, Center of the World

Post by Silus November 16th 2013, 1:24 am

Lot of detailed information here.

No real problems from what I can see.

Approved until stated otherwise

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
EDEN-2, Center of the World Lucife10
Silus
Silus
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 932
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top