The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_vote_lcapConfronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_voting_barConfronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_vote_lcapConfronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_voting_barConfronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Seamus McAndrews

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] Empty Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana]

Post by CORE July 12th 2013, 1:03 pm

CORE was on the hunt.
He was low on rescources and money, the only thing he really had a lot of was time. He was nearing the outskirts of LA, and climbing a hill. He had heard news reports of someone who owned land in LA that was able of producing technologies that the rest of the world had yet to catch up on. She was rumored to be rich beyond belief, and that's just what CORE needed.

APPrOAChING TArGET dESTINaTION

As he reached the one-hundred-meters mark, he launched himself into the air, and flew over to the front door of the large, white house. He rapped on the door twice, his metal hand sounding like someone was trying to bash the door in.

"Requesting to speak with the owner of this house." He called.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
CORE

Sable

Revenant
CORE
CORE

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 75
Humor : A ROLLING GOLEM GATHERS NO RUST
Registration date : 2011-09-23

Back to top Go down

Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] Empty Re: Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana]

Post by Lafiana July 12th 2013, 1:18 pm

Lafiana heard the banging on her door. Immediately she was on the defence. she left out the back door and went underground, stealthily moving under the house towards the front. As she passed underneath, she activated an opaque screen and pressed a few buttons. Immediately two large turrets lowered into view from two different points on the house. Her voice rang out over an intercom. "You are trespassing on private property. You are hereby ordered to explain your reasons for coming here or else you will be destroyed. you have twenty seconds." she closed in intercom on her end and her exosuit snapped into place on her body. She stopped under a shallow point in the ground and waited for a response. Various parts of the suit beeped quietly, systems scanning themselves to ensure they were ready to go. the deep hard packed soil above her would mute out the noise to the beings strange mechanical ears.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Lafiana's power grid
Spoiler:

Kisrath's power grid
Spoiler:
Lafiana
Lafiana

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2013-07-02

Back to top Go down

Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana] Empty Re: Confronting a Weakness [Closed w/ Lafiana]

Post by CORE July 12th 2013, 2:10 pm

WARnING | HOsTILe ARMAmENTs DEtECTED

His neck whirred as his head rotated on axis straight towards the nearest turret. Looking straight down the barrel of a weapon that could likely take off his head, his visor turned from its usual deep blue to a meek shade of green. "My reasons are numerous, and twenty seconds will not accommodate them all, but to shorten them up, I'm seeking to speak with Lafiana, and I assume that you are she." He knelt in front of the door, and put his hands in front of him on the ground. "There are very few things that I wouldn't give to do so."

His Shade Drive was whirring rather loudly then, in preparation to activate in the case that he was fired on.

CORE

Sable

Revenant
CORE
CORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafiana July 12th 2013, 5:06 pm

the girl tilted her head, noticing for the first time the strange almost.. Metallic sound of the obvious mans voice. She Deactivated the turrets and a platform under her raised her above the ground. The girl looked almost shocked when she saw the being in front of her. Slowly Lafiana stepped closer, staying about fifteen or so feet away. "I am Lafiana. I can already think of a couple reasons for you to be here. However, stand up and explain your reasoning."

The girl wouldn't say it, but she was intrigued by this man. It took her every ounce of willpower not to hack the technologically superior being in front of her. Her mind was spinning in the possible technologies she could receive just by studying this robot. However she had to wait. Make him trust her. Then she would get her chance.

Lafiana's power grid
Spoiler:

Kisrath's power grid
Spoiler:
Lafiana
Lafiana

Back to top Go down

Post by CORE July 12th 2013, 7:24 pm

OBsERvATION | TARGET: Lafiana HUmAN OR MEtA? INDISTINgUISHAbLE

CORE rose from his feet, to assume his full height. He towered a good two feet over her, and it was visible even at the fifteen-foot distance between them.  Calming down, his visor cooled back to a deep blue, and his voice smoothed slightly. "I am CORE, I hail from the planet Hjarmden several billion light years away. I arrived on Earth recently, in a shuttle that is now nonexistent. My creators, the Kemmarii sent me here because of their extinction. They unknowingly consumed rescources faster than they should've, and suffocated for lack of breathable atmosphere and food. I am here now, so that I can bring them back. Maybe not as they were, and maybe not as many as they were, but back. I am but one, and I know for a fact that alone I will not be able to accomplish this. Please, I beseech you to aid me. Do so, and I can give to you secrets of a race long gone, and a force of Kemmarian soldiers to exact your every command."[b]

All moving parts inside him ceased movement, and apart from the chirping of the birds and the whistle of the wind it was completely silent. [b]"I would offer the whole of my existence to you I you aid me."
He stood silent after finishing his explanation.

Last edited by CORE on July 12th 2013, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

CORE

Sable

Revenant
CORE
CORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafiana July 12th 2013, 7:53 pm

Lafiana's eyes became digitalized as she scanned the robot, multiple opaque screens appeared in the air around her that displayed various forms of information. She tweaked it a bit and tilted her head. "You had better come inside." She walked past the robot and into her house, which fazed around her before everything really appeared. she sat down and fiddled more with the screens observing the readouts. "So you come to resurrect your makers species. Hmm. there is a major problem. If the kemmarii come back then logically, our planet would end in the same fate. do you disagree? What happened once with a species WILL happen again if allowed. Humans time and time again have made peace treaties after devastating wars, only years later to break those treaties and for the war to begin again. It is always the same. It never changes. If you can PROVE that your species will not do it again, then I will assist you." She looked up at the robot and let a smile onto her face. Maybe this would be the beginning of a new organization.

Lafiana's power grid
Spoiler:

Kisrath's power grid
Spoiler:
Lafiana
Lafiana

Back to top Go down

Post by CORE July 13th 2013, 12:11 am

(OOC: Sorry, just had a really busy day, and had trouble cleaning up the last post.)

CORE followed the smaller woman indoors. As she was fiddling with the screens, he looked her up and down. She was simple in appearance as he was in design. Though his inner workings were complex and their history moreso, on the outside his design wa smooth and clean. Her exosuit appeared to be similarly made, and her features followed suit: simple and elegant.

A second later and she presented him with a question that could very well effect the future of two species. He nodded, "Indeed. I have run over several scenarios. In the first one, the Kemmarii remain a small group and leave with me to colonize somewhere far away. This presents many financial issues, as well as legal ones and temporal ones. In a second the Kemmarii remain a small but stable population, that the world is relatively oblivious to. Obviously this scenario is easily possible, but less than ideal. The third is where the Kemmarii grow to rival the human population of the world, which will cause immense conflict, but a certain balance. This is less than ideal as well, but far more fair for the Kemmarii. Lastly, as there currently seems to be a substance of humans in the world, the Kemmarii could ally with them, or build off of them genetically, and simply merge into the main populous as a genetically similar yet different race, that is somewhere in between the three species. This seems the most plausible and least globally-damaging, but immense amounts of work are required."

He paused, looked down at straight into her eyes, and said, "You must know that very few people will accept this as fact, less will like it, and few people will aid in it. I would go so far as to say that very few people wouldn't try to kill us both. I was programmed to bring back the Kemmarii, but I was also programmed to learn and evolve. I know, and I BELIEVE, that they will come back. I must. Emotions were not programmed into me, but I love them. They, my creators, raised me from the dust of my homeland, and I will be DAMNED if I don't raise them from the dust they've settled in. If, no, WHEN I bring them back, even if I have to kill several of them, or several hundred, they will NOT do what they did. For their sake, I will be their god, and you are welcome to join me if you help them back. I will do anything you ask." He powered down all unecessary functions, he dulled his Shade Drive, and reached over to his left hand. Plunging his fingers into his palm, he tore out the laser embedded in it and held it out to her. "I am unarmed. I am at your mercy."

CORE

Sable

Revenant
CORE
CORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafiana July 13th 2013, 1:06 am

The girl listened to his words carefully. When he finished she reached over and took the strange crystal from his hand. she analyzed it for a moment and offered it back to him. "Your logic is sound and reasonable. If I may state that the best possible solution would be for the race to merge with our own. So that both species live on. Any person who hates the idea shall be cleansed as I am sure your species has the technology to alter one's belief to force them to accept something. If not, I will be capable of creating one in just a matter of time. I completely understand your focus as well. you are programmed to believe what they implanted into you, that focus is the same. Sadly you are mistaken. Emotions were not programmed into you. However when you were programmed to learn and evolve, your own mind created the emotions. You DO feel. Just as strongly as anyone else." A large 50 inch opaque screen appeared in the air, it moved through various screens as her mind worked. Finally a real time image of the robots central processor aka his brain appeared on the screen. She pointed it out to him with her hand. "See here how the circuitry connects. you can see the electro pulses running trough them. Those should not have been there when you were built. Your own body adapted as you learned. You have the emotions. just as you have the ability to chut down programming within yourself. Yes, I noticed. Also without the emotions, you would have never unarmed yourself to me. Your own mind would have refused any such idea. I will ally with you, together we will bring back a dying species. We shall learn and grow together, doing such things this world has never seen before." She stood up, crystal held out in her left hand and a hand held out to shake his own. The large monitor closed down and vanished.

Lafiana's power grid
Spoiler:

Kisrath's power grid
Spoiler:
Lafiana
Lafiana

Back to top Go down

Post by CORE July 13th 2013, 12:55 pm

CORE knelt again, bringing his head far down enough that he could look her straight in the eye. Taking the components from he left hand, he shook her right. "My thanks, and may this meeting have changed the future forever." Then standing, again reaching his full height, he looked to his right and left, examining the room. Again, it was plain. Turning his head back to her, he queried, "Now where shall we begin?" He turned his palms outward again, to reveal that the laser had already fit itself back into place, without him ever doing anything but holding it. "We'll need many materials, and many subjects to test on."

CORE

Sable

Revenant
CORE
CORE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lafiana July 13th 2013, 1:36 pm

The gril grinned mischievously, walking towards a regular wall and opening a screen. After a moment a door opened, revealing a pathway down some stairs, she beckoned him to join her and started walking down. "Yes I believe this may change everything. We need to start with you creating a list of things we will need to begin. Human test subjects will be easy to come across." a screen opened up on the wall as they walked down, showing an image of city, after city, after city. "Now the more difficult part will be getting meta humans to join us. We will need allies. As well as those willing to donate their dna. I would be the first however my blood is... Different. It would be no good."

She reached the bottom and walked into a huge room filled with tools and various parts and weapons. Many of which have never been seen by anyone but her. She walked over to a nearby table and a dozen screens opened around her, she began to type fast on a virtual keyboard under her fingers. "As you know money is no object. Any one item down here could make millions at a minimum. billions if sold to the military. Of course, that won't happen unless I desire the money which, lets face it.. I have no need for more money." She couldn't help but to grin, thinking of what her adoptive father must think of her now a days.

Lafiana's power grid
Spoiler:

Kisrath's power grid
Spoiler:
Lafiana
Lafiana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top