The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Dreams of the Nether I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Dreams of the Nether

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dreams of the Nether Empty Dreams of the Nether

Post by Arcana July 1st 2013, 10:01 pm

The nether hung close to the floor like a thin veil of fog, filling the entire room with a feeling of death that was slightly palpable to even the most magically insensitive. As the nether rose higher, it grew dense until it formed clouds at the high ceiling and simply floated there; another part of the atmosphere of death within the room. It would have appeared like something the average person would have liked to avoid staying too long into, but to Sean it felt natural. With an atmosphere like this, it was more than easy for Sean to find a small amount of time to himself when he wasn't dealing with his duties within OCEAN. Aaron was for the most part missing and that meant he had more time to himself, and perhaps too much time.

A single bead of sweat ran down his forehead until it reached the tip of his nose, and fell to the metallic floor. ”One hundred.” Sean said to himself as he pushed himself up one more time, body in the rigid position. While his body was already beyond the average level, Sean made sure that he was always in top physical condition to deal with whatever got thrown at him. If he was not prepared, then it was likely that he would die. Pressing his palms hard against the ground, Sean pushed himself back until he was sitting on his rear end, legs crossing. With a mental command, the Nether mist thinned until it was barely visually perceptible and hung close to the ground.

A towel hung on a rack near the door and by it a simple black t-shirt dusted with what looked like droplets from the strange mist, some dripping down his slightly scarred torso; the back of which bore the brunt of more than the front. The concentration of scar tissue settled around the back of his shoulders and ran to the lower back, densest near where the hem of his cut off shorts sat. Sean took hold of the rugged white fabric and dabbed it liberally across his face, taking away with it sweat and the stray drops of Nether that hung around.

Running over some of the ugly scar tissue was a strange form of tattoo, not formed by ink but something older ancient. They were black as midnight and if one looked closely, they could see the subtle change from black to red. These markings mostly covered his left side, though one single line wrapped around his torso completely.

”I think thats enough exercise for now.” Sean noted taking the shirt and quickly putting it on before he walked through an automatic door. No matter how many times he walked through the OCEAN base, something about it seemed to surprise him or instill a sense of awe within the Half-Titan. So much high level tech, more than he had the pleasure of seeing even within the Talons old base, but that was before now; when he was more idealistic.  A single orb of deep black formed within his palm before it faded away, yet the feel of death lingered within the room for a few seconds afterward.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 2473
Job : Nothing
Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.
Registration date : 2011-02-08

Back to top Go down

Dreams of the Nether Empty Re: Dreams of the Nether

Post by Plural July 2nd 2013, 3:31 am

Acquainting himself with the numerous streets of the OCEAN headquarters was proving to take quite a bit of time. At least it felt that way for Adam who was adamantly remaining a singular person for the time being. It was less out of some self imposed challenge this time however. The blond had entered surveying mode as it were and he liked keeping his secrets tucked away when he first met any superhuman. His duplication was really a great ace up his sleeve and he liked it that way.

The blond was clad in a casual pair of gym shorts and a simple well worn green t shirt with a large white power symbol emblazoned on the chest. The shirt was perhaps a little small for him as he did notice it was a bit tight around the arms and chest and his midriff showed whenever he lifted his arms, a side effect of puberty he figured but he didn't mind. It wasn't like he'd had much time to do any shopping for new casual clothes over the last few years. Making sure the planet remained intact made it a little tough to find time for the simpler things even when you had the ability to live a normal life and save the world at the same time. Not to mention he had built a company from the ground up recently so even less time to waste on the little things.

Making a note to look into some new shirts, the teenager rounded another corner headed back towards where he knew his suite lay. It was truly a nice place really and the scenic locale made it acceptable for him to walk around without a mask or costume on. Everyone present was mostly oblivious as to who he was exactly in his secret identity at least. Well almost everyone it seemed.

Strolling along his gaze fell upon a dark haired man who he recognized immediately. It would have been difficult not to really. Sean Collins, formerly known as Deluge, was making his own way down the path. Adam wasn't fully aware of the details but he did know that the other man's abilities were no longer the same as they had been back during Dr. Necrodium's Assault or during his tenure as a Talon. Honestly evidence of that was written all across the other man's body and even pervaded the air as he moved. A slight chill wormed its way over Adam's skin as he got closer to Sean, an unsettling feeling to say the least but not nearly so strong that the blond's calm exterior would crack.

"Sean? They picked you up too? I suppose I'm not at all surprised what with the whole...superpowers thing and all. How've you been?" the teen asked coming to a stop a slight grin on his face as he greeted an old, and new it seemed, teammate.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Plural

Equipment

Plural
Plural

Number of posts : 98
Job : Yes I have one
Humor : a lot of stuff. Try me
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 2nd 2013, 10:13 pm

Sean stood in place for a few seconds more, and then he moved on with the walk. Since he had some time, maybe that could be put to commuting the OCEAN base to memory, or at least figuring out the hell he was going. There were many hallways that crisscrossed and eventually turned into a maze, as well as he could use this as an opportunity to get to know more of the members inhabiting the base. His footfalls echoed within the sterile halls, bouncing about until the sound waves themselves faded away. The sound had been the only thing he heard for a few moments, until someone else foot steps joined his.

There was another person walking within the halls and who it was surprised Sean more than he expected to be.”Plural? You're a familiar face I wasn't expecting to see soon, or ever actually.,”Sean noted raising a singular raven eyebrow, confused at just why the guy was here. Perhaps Sailerya had found him to be of some use, or something along that line. ”I've been good, split from that small group; for the better I suppose. Met Sai while thwarting a cliché bank robbery and now here I am.” That was shortening the whole experience, but then again Sean was not one for spouting loud speeches.

”So how did Sai get you? Hopefully it didn't end like my first meeting with her.” Sean asked casually, reclining against the near by wall.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Humor : [19:12:48] @ Forceaus : Shouldn't be hard to beat. It's only like a centimeter long.

Back to top Go down

Post by Plural July 4th 2013, 8:57 am

"Sean, we've been teammates and I'm not in costume. You can call me Adam. We're there. Especially after that New York business," the blond replied, sticking out a fist to the other man.

Normally he wouldn't have been too keen on his actual name being throw out all willy nilly but the fact of the matter was that he had something akin to trust in his head for the other hero, despite all of reasons not to. It had been some time since they'd split from the Talons but regardless, there was sufficiently weighty history there.

"Though, really? You never thought you'd see this face again? You must've been spending some time under a rock lately. My face has been all over Forbes and a few other things lately. Not to mention you know I can...get around if need be," he said with a flash of his pearly whites.

Adam found it nice to see a familiar face in all of this. He was not the sort to be nervous really but he had joined a cause and the funny thing about causes were that they were based on opinions. Shared ones of course but opinions always had proponents one way or another and by standing beside the members of the OCEAN organization, he was blatantly allowing his ideals to be known. Sure he had been doing something sort of similar by donning a mask over the last few years and sending those who would abuse their talents to the detriment of the masses but now it was like choosing a side in a war. The only condolence for such an action however was the comfort in knowing others stood beside him.

It was clear that Sean had struggles involving, well, various things but the important part was he was coping mostly. The way his eyes held a brooding look deep in them like he wasn't completely sure of himself. The slightly sallow look to his skin that belied his nature as some sort of alcoholic. Facial piercings and straightened hair worn like a scene kid. Both symbols of insecurity and a mild dislike for his natural appearance and probably a rebellious nature against authority or something akin to it. There was also clearly more to his story about the bank robbery but he didn't feel the need to go deeper into it which either meant it wasn't at all interesting or something more...personal had occurred.

"Oh yeah. Saileyra booked an appointment with my secretary, masquerading under the pretense that she was there on business related to the military. It was actually a pretty decent idea though totally fruitless. I saw through the whole thing in under 5 seconds but that's not really important. So what do you think about this whole...organization?" the genius asked while his brain stopped taking notes on Sean for the time being. He'd been informed that it was unsettling to say the least to watch him 'dissecting' everything about you if it went on for longer than a passing glance. Adam had of course responded to that allegation that if people didn't cover themselves in details he wouldn't look. He just couldn't pass up a good puzzle and people were the best sort of puzzle to him, though apparently they didn't like being thought of that way.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Plural

Equipment

Plural
Plural

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 6th 2013, 1:34 am

”If you say so Adam.” Sean said with a mildly amused smirk, white teeth peeking from between pale pink lips. It had been a while since he had last seen the blonde and they barely spoke really, considering that most of their time working together was during the attack upon New York. Time had not been too kind on Sean but it seemed to have only added to the young man, perhaps both physically and mentally. The time between the fall of the Talons and his coming into the new powers that had manifested within his body was a hard time to be sure, but one that Sean had to endure. With it came the realization that death was all around him and that every human being he met would die. When one could control the Nether itself, that also meant feeling its constant presence.

”Yeah, get around.” He could have taken that elsewhere but Sean was never the one to be rude; so he kept his mouth shut. It was never wise to get your teammates against you, especially when they could be the difference between life and death. His attention then turned towards Adam explaining how Sailerya contacted him, and it sounded far less violent than his meeting; where he nearly cut her head off. Then again she was a new person to this world, a fresh soul so used to violence that she basically breathed it and Sean saw that all too well. A shudder traveled down his spine at the thought of having to face the world that she had spoken of.

”Thats all? I must say I envy you.” Sean noted chuckling ruefully as he shook his head side to side, black bangs seeming to follow the motion. He was going somewhere before meeting up with Adam, though whatever that was had slipped his mind around a minute ago. Sean pressed his tongue lightly over section the two studs that were inside his mouth, causing them to externally bulge for a moment beofore he relaxed the minute pressure. ”Anyway I was on my way to  get something to fill me up, if you're not too busy you could join me.” Sean suggested with a half smirk, as he raised a single raven colored eyebrow.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Plural July 9th 2013, 4:28 am

Grinning at the base line joke left hanging in the air, Adam started to feel the awkward tension of two people about to be conflicted as to which way a conversation was headed and had little to say to each other for a moment. It was a funny feeling given exactly how exciting both of their lives had a tendency to actually be. It was almost ironic, that despite the concentrated greatness between the two of them, they weren't immune to social awkwardness.

Or perhaps...it wasn't social awkwardness and something more akin to sexual tension?  The joke had been a sexual ploy on words anyhow and approximately 50% of jokes were based in truth somehow. It had been a few months since Adam had ventured outside of his own bed to get behind someone else but he didn't like to think he was getting rusty on picking up signals. He was 17 for the Universe's sake! And on top of that one of the smartest people on the planet who could solve a mystery just by walking into a room where it happened. Though somehow someone wanting to jump his bones escaped his notice? How disgustingly normally of him.

All of these thoughts flashed through his own mind while he explained how he'd come to be here and then listened to Sean reveal his envy on just how normal his meeting with Saileyra was. Then Sean was inviting him to grab a bite to eat.

"Oh yeah sure. I could eat. Growing boy and all, though if I get any stronger, I might have to start benching actual tanks to get in a workout," the duplicator remarked as he gestured back towards the way he had come, giving his raven haired companion the chance to lead the way to the mess hall.

Was it actually possible Sean was just being nice or asking him on some sort of half assed date of sorts? The way he'd been using his tongue to press on the rods through his lip suggested he was toying with something in his head, perhaps a nervous tick? Difficult to tell without further observation he decided.

Following the other superhuman, the yellow haired hero couldn't help but notice that the other man's body did have a few of his favorite qualities that was pretty common amongst the mask and cape types. A nice ass and a lean physique, though Sean was surprisingly short. At least he had managed to shape himself well.

"So what's your new heroic handle? I haven't heard though I presume you dropped the 'Deluge' thing. I'm sticking with Plural myself for the time being though I've been contemplating switching to something that gives a little bit more of the element of surprise but nothing I've thought up has really sat well with me yet. Odd since I speak like 11 languages and have around 30 thoughts a second really," he said attempting to stave off the awkwardness for a few more minutes.

Plural

Equipment

Plural
Plural

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 10th 2013, 1:29 am

Awkward tension was one way of describing what hung within the air, but it went by many names really. Sexual tension was one of them, but not the only, just the most easily identifiable really. ”A tank? I would be impressed if you could.” Surprisingly he didn't see many metahumans of the strong variety, though perhaps that was a good thing. Someone being able to snap his arm with ease was not something that stood well within Sean's mind, but luckily he was not the easiest person to catch, let alone break. The conversation was then turned upon what his new heroic handle was, which Sean had yet to even really use.

Sure Sai had already put it in the database and whatnot, but he never really got the chance to put it to good use.”These days I go by Titan, doesn't really give anything away and it sounds cool in my head.” Sure he wasn't a Titan of Greek mythology as far as the information yielded, but then again it wasn't like anyone would believe he was at any rate. ”Plural sounds fine enough. Nothing too fantastic, but it gets the job done.” Sean mused loudly, letting his thoughts move from their original course for a moment.

Sure Sean couldn't think as many thoughts as Adam, considering that his mind got confused at around three, but then again he found his strongest suit was not his mind. Hell, he couldn't even speak more than three languages, and only two of the fluently; seeing as how his Japanese was shitty at best. Well, not everyone could be the smartest in the world, or that title would be pretty hollow. How he would have measured up to that damned pinked haired robot bitch, Sean was unsure of, but she was dead now; that was it.

His thought process cut off as what looked like the messhall/food court came into view. It was a rather nice looking place really, with seating and everything. All in all it was a n ice place to eat, and with the blonde accompanying him, perhaps it wouldn't be so boring.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Plural July 12th 2013, 5:28 am

Adam was beginning to wonder exactly why he was smiling so much. It felt funny to be genuinely grinning. It wasn't that smiling was so foreign to him. He was generally pretty content and amused a lot of the time so as to prevent himself from becoming a jaded narcissist, but actual mirth had been off the table for damn near 3 years. Why was he grinning so fucking much? Was it possible that he was actually pleased to be apart of OCEAN and see old faces?

"You should be impressed then. I used to entertain the thought of curling buses but they're just so damn flimsy, keep snapping under their own weight a few feet off the ground," he said with a chuckle as they made their way down the walkways and elevator.

The blond found himself to be pretty impressed with the size of the headquarters this organization boasted, even though he also found it overly extravagant and inefficient. It housed only a few actual operatives and yet could house an entire town's worth of people if they so wished. it just came off as a bit much to him. He allowed the idea to pass.

"Yeah I know but it's like putting my abilities right out on the table. A lot of people haven't met me but hearing my name loses me the element of surprise doesn't it? I suppose it's not super obvious but still anyone with a modicum of intellect should be able to make some sort of estimation. Of course that isn't going to help too much once I turn my thoughts to dismantling someone but I digress since we seem to be here," the hero stated as they came to a brief stop at the edge of a sleek looking red room.

Several scents mixed and wafted around the room in a somewhat enticing manner. The mixture of scents might've been nauseating to some people who had never ventured into a mall food court the genius figured as he glanced around the room for the second time ever. It was just one of the many secondary properties that came about when so many different types of food were prepared in one area. Another of those, was that the room was populated with more than a few exuberant of the more menial workers OCEAN had to offer, the men and women who were payrolled to basically make everything work behind the scenes. The people that were there to remind them all as to why they were supposed to be fighting out there. The sort of people who reminded you that you were glad to have some sort of power to accomplish something magnificent in the world.

"Well I was thinking of just doing some ramen or something. Miso broth doesn't sound unappealing to me right now. What about you?"

Plural

Equipment

Plural
Plural

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 14th 2013, 2:12 am

The smell of the food was amazing though and something that Sean always looked forward to when he walked in, though the recurring theme from what he could surmise was the abundance of Oriental food served within the place. Sean however preferred a more Italian cuisine, so that was usually what he got when he walked into the hall and the cooks had gotten sued to it; usually preferring to make them specifically for Sean. When the smell fo the food had hit his nostrils, Sean already found himself overcome with hunger, one that grumbled within his gut and made itself known to everyone.

He smirked lightly, unsure if Plural was able to hear it or not. ”I was thinking pasta for me. Sounds filling enough and I can never have too much of it really.” With that he made his way to where the food was prepared, picking up angel hair pasta covered in what looked like a delightful meat sauce, and a small piece of garlic bread on the side. Now he could feel himself already watering at the mouth, saliva seeming to flood in at a moments notice. With the food in hand, Sean took a seat at the nearest table and waited for Plural to do the same before saying anything.

”So what does Sailerya have you doing these days? Hopefully something up to caliber with a man of your intelligence.”
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Plural July 16th 2013, 6:21 am

Adam pretended to not hear Sean's stomach gurgle as the scents of the mess hall wafted over them both. The other boy's body was rather correct, the blond thought: the food did smell pretty good even though the mixture of cuisines from all over the world was usually not a great combination.

As the darker haired demititan wandered off to collect a pasta dish, Adam glanced around taking in the whole area for but a moment, absorbing exactly how things worked there and the layout in a single sweeping gaze before he followed suit and ordered up a large bowl of miso ramen and a few dumplings before making his way to the same table, tray in hand.

Stirring his glass of ice water while his companion inquired about the finer points of his recruitment, Adam for the first time in a long while, found himself curious as to just how intelligent he came off as to other people.

"She asked me to head up the Tactician Squadron because she wanted to utilize my tactical planning abilities. I also presume she wants me to work with the more technical facets of the organization as well but nothing much has been mentioned about that as of yet. What about you? I haven't bothered to go through the personnel files as of yet because I'm a little busy with some of my own things for the moment, though I plan to get to it later today probably." he admitted. It was rare for him to not already have that sort of information in his head, but he had only been at the headquarters for a few hours as it was and had yet to reveal his ability to be just about everywhere at once, though for efficiency's sake, he felt that time might be fast approaching.

Plural

Equipment

Plural
Plural

Back to top Go down

Post by Arcana July 18th 2013, 1:18 am

With one hand on a utensil, Sean let the fingers on the other drum rapidly against the table at an inhuman pace; one that was barely perceivable within the eyes of the average person. Half of his attention was one what Adam was saying, which was mostly words that anyone who would fancy them selves an intellectual would pepper their sentences with, kinda like his dad once did when he was doing business. Sure he may have only caught half of it, but then again Sean found his mind to be wandering as of late, whether that be upon the constant air of death that surrounded him these days, or the fact that he just couldn't pay attention worth a damn.

In the midst of his eating, Sean found himself presented with a question from OCEAN resident super genius, one of which was simple enough to answer. ”Can't say i've been doing much as of late, though Sai put me in charge of some sort of Squadron she so aptly named the Hybrid Squadron.” Sean paused as he took in a large clump of sauce coated pasta, and chewed it finely before swallowing. ”I mostly coordinate with her but I have some freedom with my squad, not that I could say i've had a meeting with them or anything.”

Truth be told, Sean knew next to nothing about the people that he would be calling his allies, and Plural, as well as Sai were the only ones he really had the chance to meet. It could be chalked up to the fact that Sean was for the most part an irresponsible ass or the fact that he was mostly off doing his own things when Sai didn't call for him. Still, perhaps it was best that he at least make an effort in getting to know the others within the Hybrid Squadron, and perhaps he could petition Sai into changing it from that God awful name. Maybe to something that didn't sound ridiculous, then again he had nothing better in mind at the moment; so no way he could suggest anything.
Arcana
Arcana
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top