The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Spectrum I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Tybrid
Spectrum I_vote_lcapSpectrum I_voting_barSpectrum I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik
Cynical_Aspie

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Spectrum

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Spectrum Empty Spectrum

Post by Powder Miner April 14th 2013, 5:30 pm

John Lux
"I never wanted any of this! It wasn't MY fault I became like this! I don't want to be a hero! I don't want to die! Or get hurt, even! Just... leave me alone!"

Basic Biography

Renegade/Hero/Villain Name: He tries not to call himself anything of the sort- but, sometimes, sarcastically, "Spectrum".
Title: Spectrum, Lightray, Lightshow.
Alignment: TN
Race: Human, white-skinned.
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Blue
Height: 5'10''
Weight: 130
Blood type: B+

The Looks

John isn't the most physically imposing, standing at 5'10'', and with a rather underweight build. His hair's a dark brown, and most of the time it's as any teenager's would be- with a half-hearted attempted to keep the short hair tidy, but rather messed up anyway. His eyes are a deep blue with if one looks closely a small trace of iridescence (that extends even past what a normal human can see) along the iris. His skin is white, and frankly rather pale, as he doesn't look to be in the best of health. In fact, the only real fit part of him would appear to be that his legs compared to him appear to be rather well toned for running. He appears to be wearing a perpetual scowl, and that frown is the most most people ever see of him.
This is because he wears a rather non-descript dark grey zipper hoodie with an obscuring hood almost all of the time, obscuring his arms, body, and the top half of his face. The hoodie is somewhat mottled, and there are two barely visible bulges on either side- he keeps a mirror on the inside of each side of his hoodie, for emergencies, rectangular glass ones the size of one's hand.

The Legacy

Personality:
John is a rather grumpy person, typically found scowling, very irritable, and when he does manage a cheer, quick to turn sour. It's a combination of his introversion- John is not a socialite, he prefers not to interact with people unless he's in a dire situation or needs something. He doesn't say much when he does converse, unless he's either worked up or talking to a close friend, at which point he will spill words like a cut sack of rice, whether happily, or angrily. He tends to get emotional, especially negatively, letting sadness and anger get to him and tint both his words and his actions. However, when he's around his parents and his friends he changes dramatically, becoming cheerful, willing to put down his hood and talk freely and happily. Indeed, around friends and family, he becomes more cheerful, almost light-hearted, although he's finding it difficult to be light-hearted in any measure recently. He's not one to charge into fights, instead trying to avoid them at all costs, trying to avoid the life of a hero or of a villain, the few exceptions being protecting himself, his friends, or his family.
History:
Born in the year 2012, John had a normal childhood, born to two loving parents in the city of Washington DC, John did well through early childhood, and even into highschool, even if he was somewhat anti-social, he still got good grades and was quite successful on track. However, his normal life would not hold up. Things changed for him on a day he would come to regard with hate. While on a run, in April 2029, he happened to be in the vicinity of a minor fight between a superhero and a supervillain. Though he smartly got into cover, he wasn't protected from the blast of radiation the fight caused. It wasn't a large blast at all. He was treated, nothing major was destroyed, and not many people were even affected.

But it made all the difference to him. A few days after the incident, he began to learn of his powers. He knows how to use them now- but he hates every bit of it. His parents know about the powers, and they're supportive- but it doesn't matter, he wants nothing more than to go back to his normal life. He's taken to wearing a hoodie and hiding himself, his attendance and grades have been dropping, all but the closest of friends have drifted away from him, and he's entered a state of self-loathing, running from conflicts, and desperately, desperately wanting his powers gone.

The Powers

Power 1: Spectrum Sight: John can see the entire EM spectrum. This results in him being able to see infrared light, uv light, as well as being able to see radiation and x-rays- but those are filtered by the atmosphere, so he wouldn't exactly be seeing them frequently at all, but in the event that they're there, he can see them. He can see radio waves be emitted, as well as micro waves, but he's incapable of anything like understanding them, he can just see them. (2 ability)

Power 2: Light Blasts: John can blast light from ultraviolet to infrared- although in any color, light can be seen emitting from his hands in all colors, so it's not exactly ever stealthy. He can create harmless blasts of light that don't even do anything to anyone, blasts of light that are capable of temporarily blinding someone, to (relatively) weak laser-like blasts of light that are capable of doing a slight to moderate damage to a superhuman. (6 ability)

Power 3: Invisibility: John can change light around him to be as if he weren't there, even able to warp his infrared emissions. However, this doesn't change sound, touch, actual heat, or any other factors besides ultraviolet, visible, and infrared light, and it also takes effort, only lasting two posts with two posts of cooldown. (2 ability)

Power 4: Illusions: John is able to change how light is in areas- changing its wavelength to make the light a different color and to make an illusion. He is unable to turn something completely infra-red or ultra-violet due to the effort it would take, though he can create IR and UV emissions from an object. (4 ability)

Grid
Intelligence: 3
Occult: (n/a)
Strength: 2
Speed: 3
Durability: 2
Ability: 6/2/2/4
Fighting Skills: 1
Magic: 0
Spells: 0
Flight: 0
Wealth: 1

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Argil stats: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t8143-argil
Seam stats: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t8150-seam
Flagfall stats: https://www.superhero-rpg.com/t8167-flagfall
Powder Miner

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2013-04-13

Back to top Go down

Spectrum Empty Re: Spectrum

Post by Chellizard April 14th 2013, 5:54 pm

Approved and moved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Spectrum JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Corgi Defender September 21st 2014, 5:45 pm

Spectrum Trashcan upon request.
Corgi Defender
Corgi Defender

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2014-05-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum