The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» A Demon In The City of Angels
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeYesterday at 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 7th 2024, 8:17 pm by drazukeloski

» Morgan D'fae
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Terrance's Equipment  I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Cynical_Aspie
Terrance's Equipment  I_vote_lcapTerrance's Equipment  I_voting_barTerrance's Equipment  I_vote_rcap 
Tybrid
Terrance's Equipment  I_vote_lcapTerrance's Equipment  I_voting_barTerrance's Equipment  I_vote_rcap 
SicilianDragon
Vorik

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Terrance's Equipment

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Terrance's Equipment  Empty Terrance's Equipment

Post by Terrance November 11th 2012, 8:59 am

Intelligence-fueled Items

Portable Hacking Interface (7 INT)
Exactly as it says; a portable device with which Terrance can hack nearby computers and machinery, as long as its made with less than 7 INT. Computers or machines of 7 INT or higher are possible to hack, only take far longer, and might trigger an alarm of some kinds, if outfitted with such a thing.

Ocelot (5 INT)
A simple but powerful revolver with armor-piercing bullets, visually similiar to the Colt Single Action Army model only a little bulkier, this is Terrance's preferred sidearm. Terrance has upgraded the revolver with a sonic-displacer field generator, which instantly teleports the soundwaves generated by firing the gun into a random parallel dimension. Though it is obvious to any who hear this explanation that it's a tad bit overkill to use such complicated science just to silence a weapon Terrance seems not to give it much thought. In fact, much of his technology uses strange futuristic science to accomplish relatively mundane tasks. Never ask him how his coffee-machine works. It's not worth it.

"This is the greatest handgun ever made. The Colt Single-Action Army. Six bullets. More than enough to kill anything that moves."

Vibra-Knife (5 INT)
A simple combat knife that vibrates at an extremely high frequency, allowing it to cut through things it normally couldn't.

"One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back."

Freeze-Ray (6 INT)
Terrance's Freeze-Ray freezes the target in time and space for a short duration, effectively removing them from the equation, albeit temporarily. It is shaped like a stereotypical death-beam rifle, held with two hands.
Its beam's range is only 30 meters max. Those affected by the beam are temporarily unable to act (during the post it is used), but also invulnerable within this timespan.
Duration=1 post, cooldown=2 posts

"With my freeze ray I will stop the world."

Trans-Dimensional Redirection Cannon - TDRC (8 INT)
This device, shaped like a hand-cannon, quickly opens up a portal to a random parallel dimension, at an equally random point in space and time. This gadget's only real use is to completely nullify an energy emission of any strength by redirecting it into another dimension. The energy it costs however is so great that the nullifier can be used only three times, after which it will require a new battery.
Duration=1 post, Use=3, Cooldown in between uses is 1 post.

Verbti (7 INT)
A biochemical agent that is released from a separate pocket dimension in the case one of Terrance's synthetic proxies die. It's a black smoke-like gas that ignites and melts the skin when it comes into contact with it. Automatically activates upon death of Current Terrance Proxy, but can also manually be activated with but a thought, though this would kill the proxy in the process. He is not immune to the agent himself.
There are very few methods of neutralizing the gas's effects, including freezing the afflicted areas or extinguishing it with foam or carbondioxide-spray. Regardless of these relatively mundane ways to put it out, it is still extremely deadly, even to low-durability superhumans, and can kill in a matter of seconds.

"A thick, black smoke poured in from four large vents and began to cloud the room. A look of terror filled the man's face as the fog crept closer and began licking at the edge of his clothing. As the fog filled in the screen, the video feed switched to thermal. Not a second later, the space where the man was was replaced by a fiery inferno. It began at a mediocre heat at first, but picked up incredibly within the minute. As soon as the skin had melted away, it was all over. The center of the screen glowed white hot. The screaming had ended."

Occult-fueled Items

Scepter of Isochron (8 OCC)
A majestic scepter that is able to hijack spells. The scepter can intercept any spell that is of level 8 or lower, and then store it for a one-time usage by using the scepter.
Cooldown=1 post

Glutton (7 OCC)
A semi-organic orb made of a fleshy substance that's wriggling around constantly, dotted with tiny tentacles and mouths. The Glutton reduces any spells or energy emissions of a magical nature back into pure mana and rapidly devours it. Upon eating its fill, it explodes from all of the energy it took in, sending it all out again in a blaze of pure energy. Any magical effects present in the area are also eaten, and thus nullified.

Hat of Mirrors (7 OCC)
A seemingly ordinary top hat that is covered on the inside with rune-inscribed mirrors. Terrance can pull an exact copy of any gadget or occult item present nearby out of the hat, so long as he knows its basic effects. This only works on items of 7 INT/OCC or lower.

Chameleon Ring (6 OCC)
Wearing this ring subtly enchants one with magicks that bend the perceptions of those who perceive the wearer, making their attention slide off of him unless they focus strongly on him or he is doing something that affects his surrounding to a great extent (shooting fire out of one's hands would count, for example).
Used to avoid unwanted attention in crowds. Even works indirectly, on pictures taken of the wearer while wearing it, or when caught on film. Ineffective against anyone with intimate knowledge of the wearer, such as family, close friends and loved ones, or particularly hateful enemies.

INT-OCC Hybrid Items

AT-Field Generator (8 INT/8 OCC)
The AT-Field Generator is, as most of Terrance's higher tier inventions are, a hybrid of advanced biotechnology, magic and psychic resonance application. It is a cybernetic augmentation that allows Terrance to erect a soul-barrier; the direct manifestation of the force which separates his soul from all other forms of energy and matter. This barrier can be formed all around Terrance in a 5 meter radius, and rejects all foreign intrusions that could harm him. Only an incredible display of kinetic force or emission of energy can penetrate the AT-Field(Can repel 1 8-power attack or 2 7-power attacks after which it will shut down, but will instantly break against 9 or 10 level power).
Terrance is also able to concentrate his AT-field and launch it as a projectile; either in large form to repel the enemy far away, or concentrated tightly as an arrow that pierces through matter.
AT-Fields are invisible, save for a faint golden shimmer in the air.

Max Duration: 3 posts (also cuts off immediately after field is used for offense)
Max Cooldown: 3 posts

"This is the light of the soul, sacred territory where no one should intrude."

Synthetic Clones ( INT/ OCC Plot Device)
Exact copies of Terrance, including his cybernetic augments, created through a synthesis of alchemy and weird science. Terrance uses the Prometheus (see char app) in order to remotely inhabit one of these at a time. Upon death, his consciousness and soul are returned to the body linked up to the Promethean Throne. He has several prepared in stasis scattered over the world, hidden in his safehouses. Growing/creating these takes time, so he tries to use them with the same caution as if it were his actual body. Which it is, in a way.

Sleepers( OCC/ INT Plot Device/Minion)
Not exactly a gadget or weapon, a Sleeper is an ordinary civilian that has undergone a surgery by Terrance and has been cybernetically augmented, especially in the brain. Terrance is able to inhabit sleepers much like his synthetic clones, only the sleepers actually retain their own mind and memories (so far as Terrance allows it at least) and can function autonomously while Terrance is not possessing them or simply taking a backseat in the augmented part of their brain. While taking a backseat, Terrance shares the sleeper's sensory input and is able to observe anything they do, and is even able to block the sleeper from accessing certain memories or thoughts and slightly influence their reasoning. Terrance's influence over them only ends when they die, and any possible link between them and Terrance is severed. When not being controlled or possessed by Terrance they are simply normal humans who suffer little to no side-effects from this process besides having no knowledge of anything done while possessed by Terrance.

Last edited by Terrance on January 5th 2013, 6:41 pm; edited 10 times in total
Terrance
Terrance

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2011-12-19

Back to top Go down

Terrance's Equipment  Empty Re: Terrance's Equipment

Post by Andrew November 12th 2012, 5:58 pm

Approved. cheers
Andrew
Andrew
Mega Poster!
Mega Poster!

Quote : "We Fight For Those Who Can't."

Warnings : Banned
Number of posts : 619
Job : Vigilante
Humor : Franklin Guidaboni, Grown men who argue with teenagers, Adam Paxton, and Dominus
Registration date : 2011-12-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard January 5th 2013, 6:45 pm

Approved.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
Terrance's Equipment  JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top