The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» The Most Dangerous Game
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 30th 2024, 8:00 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 29th 2024, 6:24 pm by Lazarus

» Denver's Demons
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
Photon's Devices I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Lazarus
Photon's Devices I_vote_lcapPhoton's Devices I_voting_barPhoton's Devices I_vote_rcap 
ghost
Photon's Devices I_vote_lcapPhoton's Devices I_voting_barPhoton's Devices I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Photon's Devices

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Photon's Devices Empty Photon's Devices

Post by Photon October 28th 2012, 2:04 am

INT 6 Weapon: Crystal Sword
Photon's Devices Crystalsword

This weapon was crafted with care and precision, the molecular structure carefully tended to ensure the sword would be both harder than steel but capable of absorbing and redirecting Alex's power. The sword is tough but dull in the hands of anyone who cannot direct electromagnetic waves, making it a relatively useless weapon (for anything but bludgeoning, though it's also rather light) for anyone but Photon. When charged with EM energy, however, the sword becomes supernaturally sharp and can cut even the toughest of metahumans, inflicting even more damage on those of lesser durability.

The sword is also capable of storing energy for later use, acting somewhat like a battery. Though it does not increase the strength of Photon's Energy Projections, it does increase the size if energy is stored over one or more posts.

INT 5 Device: Computer / EM Interface Glasses
Photon's Devices BCSCRYBLK

Photon realized quite early that he would need a mobile computing platform. Carrying a laptop around to gather information or (when necessary) hack into computer systems would quickly become a tedious affair. Not only would he have to find a way to protect the device, there would undoubtedly be places where a computer would obviously not be permitted. To overcome this challenge, he developed an interface using a pair of modified sunglasses and a small transmitter discreetly carried in his wallet. The credit card-sized computer would analyze information gathered from sensors embedded in the glasses and provide a heads-up display.

The most basic function of the sunglasses is to prevent Photon from being spotted by any electronic eye. When certain electromagnetic wave frequencies are absorbed by the glasses, the lenses transform in such a way that any camera attempting to view anything within three meters of the wearer finds only a white blob.

The glasses also act as a portable computer capable of hacking into any INT 5 or lower network or computer interface with ease provided that system is within 100 meters. The glasses can be used to hack an INT 6 system, but this currently requires a few minutes of work on Photon's part as the software AI is not yet sophisticated enough. The glasses can be used to hack into any INT 4 or lower system provided it is connected to the internet (and from any location, as this form of hacking is through the internet). The sensors built into the glasses allow the wearer to observe a variety of things, such as radio communication, thermal, infrared, and optical information. The sunglasses are powered by electromagnetic energy provided by the wearer, and without receiving a specific series of waves (an electromagnetic password of sorts) the glasses cannot be used.

It is also important to note that the glasses are rather durable. While the energy from something like a punch would go through the glasses to the wearer (they provide no added protection in a fight aside from their information/hacking capabilities), the glasses themselves are made of strong materials difficult to damage or destroy.

Photon hopes to continue miniaturizing the glasses, increasing their range and affixing the computer directly to the glasses themselves (perhaps within the bands..).

INT 4 Device: EMP Crystals
Photon's Devices Hexagon-star-crystal

These crystals, similar in structure to Photon's sword but simpler and easier to make, are meant to store electromagnetic energy and release it at a later time. The crystals are capable of storing and releasing enough EM energy to affect any electrical machine/system/device within 100 meters that is currently powered on, but the static electricity discharged can fry devices within 5 meters that aren't shielded even if they are powered off.

Last edited by Photon on October 30th 2012, 7:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Photon's Devices Photonpowergrid
Photon
Photon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Photon's Devices Empty Re: Photon's Devices

Post by A.I. October 29th 2012, 10:40 pm

You can't have two 6 INT items, so you should move one of them down a level and then you'll be good

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Photon's Devices Tek4f910

A.I.
A.I.
A.I.

Quote : I heard a rumor that A.I. was ripped. That he was shredded.

Number of posts : 93
Job : Resident Stoner of SHRPG
Humor : The Funny Kind
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Photon October 30th 2012, 7:13 pm

The rules had said that One to two INT 6 items were alright, but I've reduced the power of the glasses slightly and lowered its INT to 5.

Photon's Devices Photonpowergrid
Photon
Photon

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-08-20

Back to top Go down

Post by A.I. October 30th 2012, 9:02 pm

Alright looks good to me! (And the rules are that you can have two six items as long as one of them is a stat boosting item)

Approved!

Photon's Devices Tek4f910

A.I.
A.I.
A.I.

Quote : I heard a rumor that A.I. was ripped. That he was shredded.

Number of posts : 93
Job : Resident Stoner of SHRPG
Humor : The Funny Kind
Registration date : 2012-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top