The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Ricochet
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» Homefront (Lore Submission)
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 5:04 am by ProwlerKnight

» The Most Dangerous Game
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
An Unexpected Arrival I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

Top posting users this week
No user

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

An Unexpected Arrival

View previous topic View next topic Go down

An Unexpected Arrival Empty An Unexpected Arrival

Post by Spartan999 October 17th 2012, 8:27 pm

Several Thousand Years Ago...

Jhiin'r Vurkael, previously known as the Aspect of Wisdom, wove through the battle, the spear in his hands striking at all enemies to dared approach. He dove under a bolt of energy, spear turning horizontal as he rolled. Upon coming into a crouch, he threw Khallax at the Loyalist, the force from the impact knocking him back several meters. He turned to face a large group of enemy Isariin as they charged, spear materializing in his raised hand only to be whipped out and impale the closest man. A sword slash whizzed by as he leaned to the side, flat hands coming around to crunch through the Loyalist's armor and snap his spine.

Khallax materialized in his grasp once more, which he promptly spun about to reflect bolts of energy away from himself. He sprinted in a jagged line, making himself a harder target while nearing the group. He delved into their midst with a twirl of the spear, the ends stabbing and slicing through armor and flesh with ease. In a few seconds, the last of the soldiers slid off the end of his spear. He barely had time to brace himself as a Kraikari, one of the elite guards, slammed into him.

The two went flying, but recovered in split-seconds. The other Isariin held a halberd, which he used to swung around in a powerful chop. He reversed the swing at the last second and spun, bringing it around to slash down before he stabbed forward. All of these attacks Jhiin'r nimbly dodged, for as good as the Kraikari was, he just wasn't on the same level as the Aspect. They clashed, midsections of each weapon pressing hard against one another. They strained for a couple seconds, then each started to kick at the other combatant's feet. Jhiin'r ended this bout by stepping back and headbutting the off-balance Kraikari warrior before he could recover, then brought his right foot up in a kick to the groin that lifted the man into the air before slamming onto the ground face down. A spear to the back of the skull ended his pain.

Several more groups rushed the Isariin, but were incinerated as he lifted Khallax high into the air. Energy exploded out from him, enveloping the soldiers utterly. Jhiin'r stepped away from the corpses and wiped off blood from his face, then looked over at the objective of the Insurrectionists. The capital city stood tall in the distance, magnificent structures gleaming in the fading sunlight. His attention was snared by the sound of a fighter coming in from the south-east. He looked up at the black dot as it grew steadily nearer. He readied his spear, the furrowed his brow in confusion when the vehicle as it did a loop in the air and started flying in the opposite direction.

Then, all made sense as a four-meter high cylindrical object slammed into the ground at the bottom of the hill the Aspect was overlooking. Legs unfolded, allowing the device to stand perfectly upright in the small crater it had made. Vertical lights ran down the sides, flashing incessantly.

"Get everyone away from the battlefield, NOW!" Jhiin'r bellowed into his COM, turning to run. The ground shook beneath him suddenly, and the air seemed to boil all around. He turned to look at the machine as it dented and crumpled. "Brother, what have you done?" He muttered, but it was too late.

The detonation of temporal energy ripped through the barriers of the universe, plunging the entire planet through a rent in time and space. Luckily, the shockwave did not reach Sol or even the Earth. Unfortunately, for the Aspect and those in near the superweapon when it went off, they were sent hurtling through the dimensions. Most perished, but Jhiin'r was able to protect himself long enough to escape and exit on the primary material plane. And so he rushed towards Earth, the nearest planet which can sustain life for his species...

Tokyo, Japan, Present Day

To most people, it was an average day in the bustling city. The sun was just rising in the East, and no extremely overt metahuman activity had occurred in the last couple weeks, so the citizens were enjoying life as much as they could. Unfortunately, the day was about to become very, very bad for some. A spot on the edge of the sun seemed to become brighter, but almost no one noticed. Within minutes, though, they could see the outline of what looked like a brilliant comet as it rapidly moved across the sky. It vanished over the horizon, but that was only the beginning.

The comet was caught in Earth's gravitational pull, and its speed allowed it to orbit the planet once before crashing. Its final destination? The outskirts of Tokyo city. When it appeared for the second time, people started to panic. In less than a minute, however, it was already over the technical geographic line that designated the beginning of the city.

The massive streak of energy slammed into a building, leaving a gaping hole near the top floor. Glass shattered as it passed, and several more skyscrapers felt the force and heat as it ripped through them like tissue paper. The fireball eventually ground to a halt as it crashed into the ground, creating and explosion that rippled out, flattening nearby structures with ease. Estimates later would calculate that roughly one-tenth of the entire city had been destroyed by the "comet"; the death toll was, unfortunately, quite large.

Where it landed was a roughly nine-hundred meter wide crater. Smoke drifted up due to the residual heat and temporal energy, concealing what was down there. However, if one were able, they would see a bald, black man lying spreadeagled on the shattered pavement beneath his back, completely naked and seemingly unharmed by the impact. Another curious feature was the two foot long rod he held in one hand that was of curious workmanship, seeming to be wrought of silver and gold and bearing no imperfection or blemish.

Last edited by Spartan999 on October 19th 2012, 2:48 pm; edited 2 times in total

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
An Unexpected Arrival DealWithItgif
Faint Shadow:

Famine:

Sol Comet:
Spartan999
Spartan999

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 31
Job : Backstabbing things.
Humor : Insanity galore.
Registration date : 2012-10-07

Back to top Go down

An Unexpected Arrival Empty Re: An Unexpected Arrival

Post by Chellizard October 18th 2012, 7:49 pm

"Okay," he said with a long, dramatic sigh passing his lips. Smoke coated his soft breath, his form sitting relaxed in a car racing through Tokyo. The car was being driven by Nate, and he was talking to someone on the phone. Talking through blue tooth that, in luxury, this car had. The voice on the other end was a Guardians of the United Nations agent. A woman with a chirping accent and all kinds of stress lacing her words. "Wings.." she said in a troubled tone, his nickname and slight code name. "Yeah?" He asked, his lips wrapped around the end of a cigarette while his knee guided the sports car through the tight corners of Tokyo's heart.

"Can you see it?" choked the chirping voice.

"Yeah," muttered passed a sweet Clove.

"I'm overriding your car; you'll get there faster if you fly.." she started, and paused.

"Well, then why bother getting me a car in the first place..?" he managed to stifle his chuckling, a smirk lacing his lips.

"To keep your presence a mystery, but it seems the city will be in a state of shock, so maybe a Hero could do them good," she paused again.

"All right then. Launch me now." He took a long, heavy drag of his sweet and spicy clove and, before he could remove it from his lips, he felt his car become remotely controlled.

"I'll be waiting for a full report," the voice chirped.

Nate heard her just before the convertible roof of the car slid back and was nestled in it's appropriate place. His seat then sprung him, ejecting him from the car with a hard burst of air. His cigarette was ripped from his lips, and his whole form was sent sky rocketing into the sky. The car itself would be driven to an impound lot and rest there. The seat deployed a parachute, but Nate was not going to float down in this seat. He unbuckled himself and started to free fall back toward the heart of Tokyo. A moment of panic would have raced through him, but he was fine. His back arched slightly, and then his wings burst through two invisible seams in the back of his jacket. The black and white feathered wings stretched and Nate barrel rolled, his wings springing back open after wrapping around of him during the tumble. His longer black hair caressed his face and was billowed by the wind as he soared toward the meteor's crash site. The readings GUN had taken on the meteor were very curious, and Nate basically offered himself for the job. Being as old as he was, he might have ran into something like it before.

He felt the shock wave that crawled through the city, and instinctively his wings pulled him up a bit higher to reduce the shock from throwing him off balance during his flight. He pushed himself farther and faster to reach the large crater, his form fluttering down to the lip of the destroyed Terra. The poor Earth would be scarred for a very long time; maybe Tokyo could turn this into a lake. He shrugged mentally and pulled out his cigarette case and slid down the edge of the crater to get into the heart of it. By some unknown reason, the force that was emitting from the middle of the crater did not hinder him the ability to get closer. Whatever reason it may be, those reasons being, but not limited to, his Angelic and Vampiric attributes, was beyond him. He shook out a clove and slid it between his lips. He was still a bit annoyed at his chirping accented female GUN friend. She had ultimately cost him half of a perfectly good Clove. He pulled out his zippo and rolled his thumb over the striker, the flint making a spark that lit the butane. He sucked a sharp inhale through the Clove and then exhaled through his nose while placing his case and lighter away.

He had been walking slowly while he treated himself to a fresh cigarette, his eyes lazily glancing in front of him so he wouldn't trip over some over turned piece of Earth or asphalt. Once he was close enough, his eyes laid upon an African American male, his dark pigmentation completely nude. Nate sighed and flicked the tip of his tongue on his cigarette, having it bounce between his lips to rid the end of the ashes. He then cleared his throat and bent down, his wings folding behind of him. "Well, Tokyo'll be thankful it ain't Godzilla," he muttered to himself before holding his Clove with his right hand, and blowing the spicy sweet smoke out toward the naked man's face. "Hey, buddy," he paused, his wings ruffling to then fold behind of him. "You alive?" Nate asked and moved a hand to hover over the man's chest. Nate's healing power, as weak and underdeveloped as it may be, activated and worked it's magic, literally. A white glittery healing aura emitted from his hand and started to coat over the man's chest and then spread form there from head to toe. Maybe this would wake him up.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-My DeviantArt-
An Unexpected Arrival JiLqjv0
~Main Characters~
Naomi | Skyler | Nate | Chelle | Tyuki | Gerard | Miri | Uzma |  Malus | Vihaan
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Quote : "A woman's place is in the sky with the goddamn birds."

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Number of posts : 5015
Job : I Work Full time/Artist/Charizard Enthusiast
Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.
Registration date : 2009-11-15

http://chellizarddraws.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan999 October 19th 2012, 8:59 pm

As the energy sank into the man's chest, his eyes widened in shock. He inhaled deeply, limbs flailing. After a couple seconds, he pushed himself up, rod tumbling to the ground. He winced, seemingly in pain, then looked down at his arms. His eyes roved over the dark skin as if it he was just seeing it for the first time in his life. Suddenly, his entire body seemed to glow gold, and a humming sound could be heard getting louder with every second. The man panicked, then stumbled onto his abdomen when he turned around abruptly. He reached out and snagged the rod. The effect was instantaneous. The glow quickly dimmed to nothing, starting from where he touched the piece of metal and racing down his body.

He shook his head slightly, then stood. He turned around to face the stranger standing tall in the crater along with him, confusion evident on his features. He spoke, but it didn't sound like any language Nate knew, though it seemed to have traits of all Earthly tongues. It was slightly singsong but with some harsh, guttural elements as well. Frustrated by the half-breed's lack of understanding, the man turned away and started walking towards the edge of the crater. He paused after going a few steps, then held the rod up. Robes reminiscent of a monk's garment faded into existence, clothing him adequately. He then turned back to Nate and strode towards him, hand not holding the rod lifting into the air as he approached. He halted right before making contact with Nate's forehead.

Gold light swirled around the man's hand for a couple seconds. He dropped his arm, then started to talk hesitantly in a deep, somewhat mellow voice. "Can...you...understand me?"

Faint Shadow:

Famine:

Sol Comet:
Spartan999
Spartan999

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard October 20th 2012, 7:14 pm

Nate's eyes swept over the man and he was a bit embarrassed for the guy, but there was nothing he could really do. He shrugged and stood back up when the man started to scramble and freak out. His words were a bit weird, but a few of them did slip through that Nate could understand. His confused expression, and then the odd glow that enveloped the man's body when he lost the grip on the rod. It was a bit curious, but Nate wasn't here to gather too much information, he was mainly here to snatch this man and get him out of this crater before a bunch of crazy Japanese scientists came poking around. He cleared his throat, his eyes following the man as he started to walk around, his form streaked with dust and debris. When the robes formed around of the African man, Nate made a face like 'not bad.'

He chuckled and held onto his cigarette in his left hand, flicking his thumb on the filter to make the ashes litter the crater's floor. When the man turned around and came toward Nate and basically touched his forehead, Nate just stood there with a calm expression and sucked on his sweet treat, exhaling the spicy sweet Clove's smoke through his nose. He coughed a bit when the man finally spoke English and that made Nate smile. "Sure can. We need to get out of here. You're on Earth by the way. I'm a friend, and I hope you'll accept me as such. But for now? We should go." His wings were getting frazzled as he spoke, his voice still calm though. He finished his cigarette, and was almost tempted to light another one, but was not going to bother. His wings spread and he stretched them behind of him, his hand extending. "C'mon," he said, right hand decorated with a few rings out stretched to the African male.[/color]

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Nekromonga (08/23/2017 10:05PM): Chellizard the Internet Born, Mother of Nerds, first of her name, Queen of the Gamers and the Roleplayers

Humor : [18:47:50] Spirit Corgi : Dear mods, I need my apps unapproved. If you don't do it an orderly time, I will compare you to nazis and tell everyone how you are stiffening my creativity, yours truly, a loving member of the site.

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan999 October 23rd 2012, 11:59 am

"Earth? Rather dull title for a planet." Jhiin'r muttered, studying what he could see through the dissipating smoke. "I remember an early culture where this world's name took several seconds to speak. But, judging by the temporal energies emanating from 'Earth', it has been quite some time since I was here last, and that small tribe has most likely died out." He ignored the outstretched hand and started walking up the side of the crater quite nimbly, though he winced in pain every couple seconds. When he reached the lip, he pulled himself up and onto the pavement. He turned his head side-to-side, his brow furrowing when he comprehended how much damage his entry had caused.

"Unfortunate. I tried to aim for a less inhabited area, but things can get tricky when tumbling out of a rift." He mused, talking to himself as much as the winged human-like creature. The Isariin looked back at Nate. "Friend? For all you know, I could be a vicious Ruhr'vak seeking to annihilate this planet." He paused for a second. "Fortunately for you, I'm not. Otherwise you would be dead and the rest of the city would be in ashes." He looked down at the rod in his hand, then slid it into his robes. He then started to intently study his hands as he flexed and clenched them. After a few seconds, he reached down and grabbed a large chunk of rock that had to be several hundred kilograms and lifted easily into the air. He passed it from hand to hand, then tossed it aside when he seemed satisfied.

"Now, where do you wish to take me and why?" Jhiin'r asked Nate when he turned around; it didn't seem so much a question as a stern demand.

Faint Shadow:

Famine:

Sol Comet:
Spartan999
Spartan999

Back to top Go down

Post by Chellizard November 14th 2012, 9:54 am

"I suppose it's dull," he said, furrowing his brows to then raise his left one. His tongue itched to taste more of the sweet Clove cigarettes he smoke, but chose to follow after his 'friend.' Nate's wings stretched and pumped, bringing him up and out of the crater. He was stationary for a moment before he landed, gracefully of course, next to the African man. Nathaniel had to laugh with the man this time, his head shaking slightly. His rough mop of ebony hair licked his brow before he swiped his hand through his hair. "Yeah, landing was a little rough for me, too. I was spit out of a rift as well, at one point in time. I think, anyway. My head is fuzzy." He rubbed his temples and sighed, his form turning around to look behind of him, the distance proving his theory. Trouble was on it's way, in several news vans, and a helicopter or two.

They had to get out of there.

"Cept, you haven't. And I'm pretty sure some beast would've come at me by now. Let's go, Curly." Nate smirked, making a joke on his bald friend's head, even though he doubted this man even knew who he was talking about. Ah well. "Anywhere the paparazzi isn't. I think there's an Anime convention thing going on around here... you would blend in there perfectly. We can either run, or I can carry you, as weird as that sounds. Either start running, or we fly." As soon as he finished his sentence, his phone rang, and a transmission came through without authorization. "Wings! You idiot! I have the car on it's way. Get our guest and get him some decent clothes!" The chirpy clipped female voice was annoying, and he sighed before looking to see his car from earlier. The butterfly doors opened and Nate settled in the drivers seat. "You coming?" He asked, the news vans skidding to a stop while cameras started to flash and take several pictures.

With or without his new friend, Curly, Nate revved the car's engine and slapped it into first gear. The tires squealed and he took off faster than a bullet. Or, so it seemed. He zoomed through town and made his way toward the Anime Convention, making sure to pace himself and drive fluidly. Once he was wrapped into traffic, he blended in. Him and his new friend were on their way to the convention for fun, and to blend in. Then perhaps after that, drinks and then it was onto a private jet.

-My DeviantArt-
~Main Characters~
~NPCs~
Anna | Girl Alive!
Chellizard
Chellizard
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top