The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Homefront (Lore Submission)
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:28 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeToday at 2:26 pm by inquisitor

» The birds of expedience
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:45 am by Cerek

» The Hell Hole that is Home
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeToday at 11:22 am by Cerek

» Ricochet
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 4th 2024, 9:58 pm by Arcana

» Daybreak (WIP)
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 8:39 pm by ghost

» A Demon In The City of Angels
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 4:52 pm by ghost

» The Most Dangerous Game
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 3rd 2024, 12:56 am by Tybrid

» The Warden
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:48 pm by inquisitor

» Talos
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2024, 5:47 pm by inquisitor

» Denver's Demons
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeApril 28th 2024, 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» The Deal and The Hit
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

Top posting users this week
Cerek
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_vote_lcapDon't bother running. (Invite Only) I_voting_barDon't bother running. (Invite Only) I_vote_rcap 
inquisitor
Don't bother running. (Invite Only) I_vote_lcapDon't bother running. (Invite Only) I_voting_barDon't bother running. (Invite Only) I_vote_rcap 

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

Don't bother running. (Invite Only)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Don't bother running. (Invite Only) Empty Don't bother running. (Invite Only)

Post by 5 Blank July 12th 2012, 10:16 am

"You'll only die tired." or so went the saying. He was tracking a fugitive, a former agent of the government. Being an agent himself, there was nothing more repulsive to him. Though he had been granted special abilities and numerous advantages through his cybernetic body, part of him desired being flesh and blood. Human again. Though nothing could bring that back for him. And the only reason why Derek was a cyborg, was because his fellow agent betrayed him in an attempt to kill him.

Cybernetic eyes rapidly scanned through several dozens of people's facial features of random citizens, looking for a match of Former Agent Joe Krayes within seconds. No matches. His intelligence was normally accurate. He was last spotted in Atlanta Georga via the satellite cameras. Accessing the satellite wirelessly, he instantly gained access of a birds eye view of the city. His eyes, which were literally like telescopes when focused clearly, zoomed in and scanned hundreds of thousands of people. It would take time, but not long.

A match was made, as signals flared up in his memory system. Focusing in, he could see Agent Krayes just three blocks away. Not far for someone like Derek. Mentally, he sent out a wireless telecommunication to someone nearby. Seconds later he took off running down the street, which was odd to see a man starting to progress in speed, gradually reaching 50 miles per hour. Leaping forward, gears clicked and moved around, as his body transformed into the appearance of a hoverbike in mid-air. Rocketing forward, the bike reached well over 100 miles per hour as it zigged and zagged through the streets.

Approaching within a close distance of Former Agent Krayes, his body transformed back into a human appearance, though he was a cyborg underneath. He briskly walked towards Agent Krayes direction seemingly undetected. A green recticle on his mental HUD circled around the former agents head as he approached his target. Despite him being a former agent, knowing he was capable of dealing deathly blows, Derek wasn't afraid.

"An odd place for a fellow like yourself to hide, Joe Krayes." His brightly green cybernetic eyes focused on its target, knowing that instinctively a human's reaction system would normally force him to turn around to look at Derek.

"There's no point hiding, or running. You're wanted for your defection, murder of innocents, and the destruction of personal property. If you get hostile, know that there's nowhere I won't find you." Derek said. He awaited Joe's reply eagerly.
5 Blank
5 Blank

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2012-05-29

Back to top Go down

Don't bother running. (Invite Only) Empty Re: Don't bother running. (Invite Only)

Post by Krayes July 12th 2012, 10:34 am

Joe pull his hands from his jean pockets and hung them on his sides like a sluggish brute as he turned around and death stared into the man who coldly called him out in the crowd of civilians.

He stared the man straight in the eye "You want to play pretty boy? I don't have time to explain myself you."

Joe had observed his challenger, he was a lot lighter than he was. He also had less of a build than Joe. What could he have in advantage to this fight, they wouldn't send someone that couldn't hold his own against an biologically enhanced super soldier. Especially if he thought he was a threat to society.
Krayes

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Don't bother running. (Invite Only) Empty Re: Don't bother running. (Invite Only)

Post by 5 Blank July 12th 2012, 10:47 am

His instant perception of Agent Krayes was his lack of intelligence or control of the situation. A fellow government agent wouldn't approach him unless he had the upper hand in a tactical situation. He may be unaware of it, but Agent Krayes was completely surrounded, and he had no leverage over Derek. Most important of all, he felt he didn't have to explain himself. A clear indication to Derek that he wasn't ashamed of his actions or why he did them. A clear indication that his target was indeed, a terrorist within the government agency. This agent needed to be disposed of, whether by lethal means or capture. Whatever it took.

While it may have taken time to think about all the factors, there was only 2 seconds of reaction time between Joe Krayes words and Derek Young's course of action. With almost unrivaled speed of the hand, he slipped his hand in his jacket and pulled out a technologically enhanced high-powered pistol capable of tearing through steel walls and aimed it at Joe Krayes within half a second. If he blinked, he would have missed it. If theres one advantage he had over Joe, it was his speed and tactical awareness. He knew that there was no danger or threat from this agent to him whatsoever.

"Hands over your head Former Agent Krayes. You just explained yourself, and I dont play." he said. People started to scatter as soon as they saw the firearm, leaving just the two of them alone.
5 Blank
5 Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Krayes July 12th 2012, 11:19 am

Joe knew one day they'd come, asking questions. Wanting answers to the things they would never understand, they would never listen. They thought they had the right of way in everything. He thought quickly about a plan after than man drew the gun.

Joe grinned at the man's request and slowly raised his arms above his head. Joe wasn't playing it stupid after all, he had a plan. Joe placed his palms on his bald head and quickly threw a kick at the man's hand attempting to disarm him of his weapon.
Krayes

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Blank July 12th 2012, 9:41 pm

His eyes constricted, focusing on Joe's face as he put his hands over his face. Being double crossed before and almost experienced death by a renegade Agent, he wasn't going to trust Joe for even half a second. As an agent, he was trained in several different martial arts, but also other ways to avoid confrontations, such as the study of kinesics, or body language. A simple change of stance or eye straining would give away a potential attack. But what he failed to take into consideration was that Joe was an agent like himself, and wasn't going to give anything away. They had both received the same training.

A kick came high up into the air, aimed towards the gun. Derek had the reaction time to pull the trigger but tried to get out of the situation instead and possibly reverse the attack in a counterattack. It would be the fastest way to end their confrontation without a casualty. Swinging the gun to the left, the kick came into contact with his wrist, sheering the arm completely off his body. Seemingly like tin foil ripping, the arm and gun flung to the side several meters away. Though he couldn't feel the pain of physical damage, sensors triggered in his internal HUD that his hand had been completely disabled.

Though he wanted to go without a casualty, the damage was real. And Derek now had sustained damage and had enough with the former agent. It was time to release lethal force in order to subdue the fugitive. His arms had powerful weapons attached to them. Discreetly, they appeared to be no bigger than average muscles, but braces attached to his arms beneath his shirt were really powerful firearms. Thin, sleek pieces of enhanced cybernetic techware rapidly transformed into a fully automatic shotgun with sophisticated piercing rounds capable of sending 300 rounds per minute sailing through a tank.

Backing off three steps and falling to a knee position, the cyborg knew why he had full confidence in his situation. Firing at his opponent, the automatic shotgun had a wide arc of fire rapidly at Joe Krayes. At this range, he would have to pull an almost impossible evasive move to get out of the death trap that Derec had set up.
5 Blank
5 Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Krayes July 12th 2012, 9:48 pm

As Joe sent his leg smashing through his cybernetic opponents arm he was already looking for his next move. Watching the street with a quick glance and looking for possible escape routes. Joe was trained for evasion in these kind of situations. He knew that the cyborg couldn't feel the damage and that wouldn't stop him from attacking. This left him with three choices. He could run through traffic and hid into the subway, He could charge and tackle the guy, or he could rip the door off the parked car.

As the cyborg backed up and aimed his shotgun at Joe, Joe stepped back and reach for the car door. Tearing it from its hinges like a sheet of paper he used it as shield as he charged into the cyborg.

"errrggggg....!" He exerted as he drew closer to the machine man. He wasn't backing down.
Krayes

Back to top Go down

Post by 5 Blank July 12th 2012, 10:20 pm

Firing the heavy firepower at the bold muscular mass of flesh, the only thing stopping his eminent death was a door that was rapidly getting torn into shreds. Within second Joe would only be holding onto a door handle. Yet, Derec was running out of ammunition in the shotgun arm. He still had enough to destroy the arm and Joe, but he had to be accurate. Which at his training wasn't that big of an issue. As long as there weren't any other factors that weren't calculated into the brawl, he would have no issue taking him down.

As Joe kept pressing onwards to Derec, he kept backing up to maintain a safe distance. He was obviously determined to put an end to the conflict, but on his own terms. To ensure victory, his drones started to activate as he controlled them wirelessly.

Just minutes ago, before he even contacted Joe, he sent wireless signals to get the drones set up in two separate buildings as sharpshooters. Having similar eyes that could zoom in on a target hundreds of yards away, they aimed their rifles at Joe's back and each fired a single shot from a sniper rifle at the rooftop of two separate buildings. If it did not kill him, it would hopefully make him aware that this fight was far from over, even if he did reach the opponent only a few meters in front of him.
5 Blank
5 Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Krayes July 13th 2012, 2:13 pm

Joe was well aware this door wouldn't last, as it started wearing down he thought of a solution.

Joe was a trained warrior and understood many tactics, he knew this couldn't be the only imminent threat is one agent. They had to bring more to the fight. He wasn't a threat for nothing after all. Joe gripped the door harder as he made one final decision.

Joe began to baseball slide on the concrete tearing the sidewalk to shreds. He was barreling towards the legs of his opponent with a partial door left on the handle, he examined it's serrated sharp edge. The door just so happened to make an effective shield to the two rounds from unknown locations. After they struck he sent the shield flying like a giant throwing star at the agents torso.

"Catch!" He exploded gruelingly.
Krayes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top