The SuperHero RPG
Not registered? Sign-up now and role-play as your created character!

Become a legend and write your own legacy to leave behind. Become the hero. Become the villain. See yourself as a protector of the innocent or be an evil tyrant. Wreak havoc and bring chaos to our world or stop those who cause it. You are in control of your own destiny. You can be the villain, or the hero. Choose your fate.

NOTE: Any name that is taken can be made available, so long as the account is inactive or no longer being used!

ALSO: Check your PM Box after you've registered and successfully signed in!

Switch Accounts

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Denver's Demons
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeToday at 3:02 am by Seamus McAndrews

» A Demon In The City of Angels
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 26th 2024, 9:11 am by SicilianDragon

» The Deal and The Hit
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 25th 2024, 3:20 am by Cynical_Aspie

» The Most Dangerous Game
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 24th 2024, 6:45 pm by Vorik

» The Saint and the Sinner (Atlas)
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 21st 2024, 6:22 pm by Chellizard

» Randolph
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 16th 2024, 8:56 pm by inquisitor

» Ervin James
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 15th 2024, 9:53 pm by inquisitor

» Bloodfang
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:14 pm by inquisitor

» Rajabu Baraki (NPC)
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 9th 2024, 4:12 pm by inquisitor

» Morgan D'fae
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeApril 3rd 2024, 6:33 pm by SicilianDragon

» The Hell Hole that is Home
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:54 pm by Demonhunter

» The birds of expedience
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2024, 2:10 pm by Demonhunter

Top posting users this week
Vorik
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_vote_lcapThe Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_voting_barThe Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_vote_rcap 
Seamus McAndrews
The Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_vote_lcapThe Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_voting_barThe Prodigal Son [[Private]] I_vote_rcap 
Cynical_Aspie
Tybrid
SicilianDragon

Word Count

Shrink your Links!
Enter a long URL to make it tiny:
Rating
Language 2: Swearing is generally permitted. However, the language cannot be used to severely abuse.
Sexual Content 2: Sexual content is permitted. References and writing about genitalia and sex acts are permitted, but explicit detail is not. Fade to black, or use the dotdotdot rule. (Let's keep it PG-13.)
Violence 2: Graphic violence is permitted. Explicit description or in-game narration violence is allowed.

Despite these ratings, keep in mind that there is a limit, and you should not cross it just to garner attention. Also, resorting to curse words is also like adding senseless fluff to your posts.
License
Some rights reserved. This forum, and all of it's content, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
Discord Server
Disclaimer
Superhero RPG does not own any content written or distributed by Marvel or DC Comics. All of the content referencing to Marvel or DC belongs to its rightful owners. Superhero RPG does not claim rights to any materials used such as Comic Book, Movie, or Video game character images.
Superhero RPG does retain the rights to any and all posts made by the original authors that are a part of SuperheroRPG.
Copyright © 2008-2024 by Chellizard, Spirit Corgi, Atlas, and Pain. All rights reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced or transmitted in any form without the written permission of the author or the Site Owners.

The Prodigal Son [[Private]]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Prodigal Son [[Private]] Empty The Prodigal Son [[Private]]

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 14th 2012, 10:36 am

Hells Bells - AC/DC

It was quite early, though the sounds of Electric guitars, drums and a heavy base could be heard emanating from the basement of Steel Industries. To those who where knowledgeable with the genre, the music would be a welcome thing to hear in the morning, at least that was what Vergil thought. Turning on the torch, a blue flame illuminated the room while the sound of AC/DC covered the sounds of welding coming from the basement. A torch in his right hand, and a glass of fine Scottish dalmore 62 scotch whiskey in his right hand, taking a sip every couple of minutes between working on a pair of gauntlets and a helmet. It was a project he had been working on for a couple of years, known as "Project Spectre", a project so secret that he was the only one knowing about it, together with his own super computer. It was the computer that regulated everything in his basement, both the machinery, the computers and the robotic arms that helped Vergil turn around the red hot Spectrium armor once he had one side finished. It was hard labor down in his private basement, though it was something he enjoyed doing, together with proving the world that he was by far the most advanced weapons developer alive. Moving together with the beat, some of the mechanical arms where rocking up and down while a voice familiar to most was sounding through the basement of the building. "Hells bells, oh Hells bells, you've got me ringing Hells bells!". Singing with the song turned up so loud that it could turn the average man deaf, the son of Alexander Kleas finished up the final touches on the boots, letting the mechanical arms lift it up and put it into a special slot in the floor, opening up to let the boots in, from where two other mechanical arms took them over and closed the space shortly after placing them with the rest of a robotic suit.

Taking a sip of his whiskey, he turned off the torch and walked over to a table behind him. It was the table holding a pair of 30cm long blades, having ridged cutting edges that made them look quite devastating, something they truly where. Placing his goggles and welding gloves next to him on the table, he turned his attention to a series of new armor piercing bullets he had been working on, together with a special Kinetic energy penetrator missiles, though made so they would be only 10 centimeters in length, making them perfect for using together with the Carapace Battlesuit. When the Steel Industries settled in New York City, Vergil had a special room designed for personal use, thus creating his special basement underneath the building. It was equipped with a firing range, a super computer, many mechanical arms connected to the computer underground, many solid tables and powerful defenses, just in case of someone trying to enter by breaking in. It was his favorite spot in the entire city, not caring much for the busy life most people had above him, working as a lawyer or a businessman. Unfortunately, the biggest part of his life was occupied by being the head of Steel Industries New York, and he had a lot of meetings and demonstrations of new weaponry made by the many skilled Mechanics working just above him. Despite keeping his skills on a low profile, he was one of the most skilled Mechanics, Nano-technician, IT and Robotics experts in the entire building, maybe in the entire world, though he did not care much for bragging when he was on his own. He was a man that knew the extent of his abilities, and knew that he was one of the richest men in the city, something that earned him quite some bragging rights. Every day, people came to see him with offers or deals to either buy from him, or to demonstrate one of their own creations, usually being far beneath what his own work was capable of.

Despite all of his own skills, he was always enjoyed the sight of other peoples experimentation's. Where some people believed him to just be the spoiled child of a wealthy and well known businessman and pioneer in the area of modern weaponry, others saw him as the one that inherited his skills and added his own touch to him, being just as good or even better then his father. Project Spectre would be a game changing innovation, something that would shock the world of science, creating the ultimate infiltrator suit that could take down a small army if it had to, as well as quickly get out of troublesome situations. Whenever people would arrive to meet him, Duke would call him and let him know about the arrival of possible business partners, Duke being his super computer that was running the entire building. It was by far the most sophisticated piece he had in the computer world, having many servers of it's own, the skills to hack into almost everything and control the buildings defenses, all from a heavily encrypted line. He had the fullest amount of faith in the computer, also because he built it himself, and his creations rarely ever failed to meet his expectations.

Last edited by Capt'n Sinnarr on May 15th 2012, 12:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Quote : "Insert Quote from Character Here" or etc.

Warnings : 0 Warnings
Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2012-05-13

Back to top Go down

The Prodigal Son [[Private]] Empty Re: The Prodigal Son [[Private]]

Post by Kaira May 15th 2012, 1:13 am

Breathing you'll trust me darling
I'm the sword inside your stone

Tap, Tap, Tap

The tapping of her white stilettos seemed to match the rhythm of the song that was blasting from the basement of this building as she got off the elevator. Her ears rejoiced in this man's choice of song but she wasn't here to compliment him in his taste of music. She was here for the money. She wasn't planning on stealing things. She simply needed a new job. One that paid more.

And who else could employ her other than rich engineers? They seemed to have it all nowadays. Weapons, gadgets, the lifestyle. She was once part of that circle and now she was just getting back into it. She did her research beforehand of course, making sure this company was not tied to the one she had escaped. She wasn't looking forward to trouble after all. She had many times ran away from it.

The sound of a man singing was so loud it could leave her deaf. This was probably the son of the owner of the company, and also the person she would be applying to. She remembered the girl at the front office gave her sharp stares and wearily told her she'd meet him down there. A lot of people were suspicious and weary over Autumn. In fact, the way she was dressed now would make any other woman uncomfortable.

Despite losing majority of her finances, Autumn still enjoyed the luxury of shopping. She never stole any clothes of course, except for that one coat, but instead used her paycheck from her exotic job to pay off for her luxurious wardrobe. What she was wearing now was one of her favorite white blouses, one that hugged her bust and waist, making her look even curvier. Her tight red pencil skirt showed off more leg than she'd think it would and her signature white stilettos with her flesh colored stockings completed the look.

She was applying to be a secretary after all.

The girl wasn't only all looks. She was quite intelligent too. Her resume, though freshly started on, had a good amount of references and comments. She printed it on glossy paper and even managed to style it a bit. The resume, other than being impressive, was well put together and only showed how good at organizing she was. She smiled sweetly as she managed to find the boy—er man— the sound came from. She forced a smile on her red painted lips and greeted him. "Good morning Mr." She stated. "I happen to hear that you're looking for a secretary and well, I've come to apply. Here is my resume." She tried sounding polite. She had to make an impression and land the job of course. She handed him her resume which consisted of two glossy sheets of paper enveloped in a red clear plastic folder.

Naga||Autumn

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Prodigal Son [[Private]] Nagasig
Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2012-05-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 15th 2012, 1:39 pm

"Sir, you have a guest. I sent her to the conference room on the first floor"

When the music suddenly turned down and the voice of his computer/butler spoke to him, he sighed a bit, having completely forgotten about the time, clapping his hands twice before stretching his arms and legs. When the floor opened up and a suit came down with an arm from the ceiling, many mechanical arms started moving around. With a bit of effort from the machinery, he was quickly stripped down to his underwear, putting the tuxedo on him a couple of moments later, even going as far as putting on his tie and tying his shoelaces. Placing him back on the ground, the sprinkled a bit of cologne on him to give him a nice smell, covering up the fact that he had spent no time to prepare for the job interview at all, nor did he look into the kind of person that was coming to Steel Industries, though he figured it was a woman due to Duke's report. When the mechanical arms went back into the floor where his dirty clothes would be cleaned, steamed and properly folded. His computer was one of his best inventions, and was more advanced then most other computers. As a final touch, a smaller arm cam from the floor and placed two earpieces in his ears, continuing where the music was roughly shut down by duke.

"How are we feeling Sir?"

"Awesome as always Duke, make sure no calls get through, and no one interrupts this interview" he said while walking out of the door and putting the heavily secured defenses on the other side of the door, though from the side other workers would see, it was a normal wooden door. Walking casually through the hall with earpieces in his ears playing the song "You shook me all night long", continuing his AC/DC playlist that was being streamed from his computer to his earpiece. Swinging through the halls, all eyes where on him once more, taking one of the female employees by the hands and dancing a couple of steps before walking onward, for someone was waiting for him to arrive and interview her for the position of personal secretary, a position he did not give to just anyone. Sprinting up the stairs and almost jumping towards the door, and opening it while still playing music. He did not welcome her with a hand shake, but snatched the papers from her hands and browsed through them before sitting down and placing them on the table, already having seen enough in the three seconds he had them. Turning down the volume of his music, he stared as her intently for a full two minutes before he started the interview in his unconventional way.

"Well Hello there, the name is Vergil Kleas, though you know who I am, or you would not be here. What's important here is who you are, miss... Autumn? What an interesting name, though it fits you. You look like a Miss Autumn, though you'd also pass for a Miss Summer, maybe even Miss Winter if we dress you up in a nice white dress. Are you good at dancing?" he asked, stating multiple questions at once, both letting his multitasking personality, a bit of his childish craziness and his man parts affect his judgement once again. Very few could stand his childish ways, though it was who he was, and god knew he had all the money he needed to never, ever have to change a thing about himself. After that, he continued staring at her for a moment before getting distracted by a butterfly that had somehow gotten in through one of the windows, its bright colors and fluid movement drawing his eyes to them like a child seeing one for the first time.
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira May 16th 2012, 12:18 am

The man had come in. As dashing as he was, Autumn knew appearances meant nothing. There was a fine line between appearances and personality, and the looks of a person were merely used as a cover for someone's hideous personality. She looked at him, observing the details. The coat looked expensive and was well pressed. From the small details she could see and the obvious lack of wrinkles, he obviously put it together cautiously and carefully or he had a servant or device do it. From the look on his face, it was probably the latter.

He had already grabbed the portfolio from her hands and started to shift through them. It didn't take long for him to put her work down on the table. He seemed to adjust a device in his ear that seemed similar to an earpiece one would use to listen to music. Trying to find the soft vibration in the air, she confirmed this fact when he turned it down.

She also observed that his hair was messy and didn't look of someone who was in this business. He was obviously sporting and showing off his rich boy attitude. The 'I don't care if my hair is a mess because I'm rich'. She also noticed that he was eyeing her as well. It wasn't rare for her to get stares or observations like that. In fact, she always received them. She was perfectly comfortable for a possible employer to be giving her these stares.

He stared at her intently for a full two minutes and the whole time she held her head high. The first thing he spoke about was her name. She saw it coming. The seasonal pun jokes. It wasn't her fault she was named Autumn. She had the hair to match it after all. Her personality didn't seem much like an Autumn, but she managed. "I can dance like a Ms. Spring." She answered, her voice not as playful but rather frank and straight up as though she was telling him an obvious fact.

Oh she knew his type. She had seen it many times before. One of her younger sisters acted like this. She hoped they were comfortable living in their millions while she was here on the hide. If her father did what he did to her to her sister then she would definitely be angry. She could not afford to think of this now though so she gave Vergil a coy smile.

"Name the dance. I've studied dances from around the world you probably have never heard of." She said, her voice full of pride just like her expression. "Dancing isn't my only good skill though." She said to him.

Yes, Ms. Autumn Drach had other skills not related to her own field work in History. In fact, would she tell him that she was well trained in street fighting? Would she also tell him that she could steal the smallest jewels in a crown without being noticed? Would she tell him that she was best at quick getaways? Would she even tell him that she was part fire breathing dragon?

Naga||Autumn

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 16th 2012, 7:04 pm

Taking his attention back to the woman, his eyes could pierce through some of the mental blocks that had been set up in place, and going with the way she replied to him, he could tell that she did not much enjoy his company, nor his personality, making him believe that it was just another money grabbing bimbo like many others before her. He had seen it so many times before, people pretending to like him, just so they could strike a deal and be done with it, a thing that if witnessed a few dozens of times, causes someone to get a sixth sense to people who fake it. He sighed, building up a bit of an uncomfortable and awkward silence in the room, even though he knew exactly what it was that he wanted to say to her, just trying to figure out a way to break it to her as non-hostile as possible. Once he figured out the words that needed to be spoken, he stepped out of his seat and hopped onto the table with both legs in one go. With a smug look on his face, he walked towards her over the rather long table that had place for twenty man to sit by. "I have always been attracted to the Tango Argentino, it's so sensual and exotic. May I?" he said, extending his hand to her, and with a wink of the eye, he welcomed her to come up on the table with him. Despite the things he could read from her words, it would not be enough to set back his urges, for he was a man with an eye for beauty, and his eyes had caught something that was most definitely a beauty.

She stated that she had been quite good at dancing, but that there where plenty other things that she was good or even better at. Taking her small hand with his own, he lifted her up on the table and into the starting pose of the the Tango. As such, their faces would be awfully close to each other, almost like a lovely couple of lovebirds. As inviting as it looked, he decided to stay as much of a gentleman as he could possibly be until he got to the point where he figured out the woman's motives. For what she did not know was that his Super computer, Duke, was filming her and comparing her to surveillance tapes and other photo's taken that had been saved in national and even world wide databases. Whether she was a criminal, was wanted by another country, had been placed on the missing list or had worked in any other locations, Duke would find it and make a report of it, linked through Vergil's earpiece. Taking the first couple of steps, he was sure Miss Autumn would fellow in his tracks, considering in most classic dances, the man was the one leading, while the woman followed.

"If you are going to be my new personal Assistant, there are some things I want to know about you, as I am sure you would want to know things about me, but then again, we all know the world is very interested in me" he said, coming back on his arrogance a bit, trying to figure out if it was that which she did not like, going by her next expression. Despite the arrogance, it was no lie that he was currently one of the worlds leading authorities on Nano-robotics, Mechanics and even the IT areas, allowing him to build his nearly finished Mark I Carapace Battlesuit. As simple as the dance was to him, it seemed that it was not all that hard on her either, meaning it was no lie when she said she was good at dancing. "Look, if you are going to be my secretary I want to at least get the facts straight about me. Unlike what some people think, I am interested in more things then just myself, and I can assure you that I got this business not just from being the son of my father, but from hard work and years of studies. Maybe if this all goes well, I can show you some of the things I am great at" he said, a sentence having so many meanings that when coming from his mouth, could mean either that he was actually going to show some of his work, or something very.. very different. "But enough about me, let's hear about you, I do not much care for paperwork." One of these things he barely ever said, because he liked telling others about himself. The other was something that in itself was not that strange, considering the fact that he had been looking for a personal secretary that could take care of those things for him.

Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira May 17th 2012, 12:21 am

What a strange employer he was, and for this dance, she had to at least think it had some double meaning. The Tango Argentino, The Argentine Tango, it was definitely a dance of closeness like all tangos were. It was a dance of two, a definite partnership that brought two together to entwine and tell a story. They say you can tell plenty about your partner simply through dancing: how gentle they are, how graceful they are, how good they are in bed.... Autumn grinned, taking his offer and allowed herself to be pulled up to the table.

Something told her this was not just a dance to tell him how sexual she was, she couldn't say he wasn't smart. She knew he was an engineer himself and was probably good at telling people apart. She had a similar eye, except her's was for precious objects like stones and jewels. That was her specialty. As their faces were dangerously close together, she took her role as the follower and allowed herself to be lead.

She knew this dance well through merely watching and observing. It was a dance of embrace— where the leader and follower connect at most arms lengths to chest to chest positions. Needless to say it was a dance of intensity, a dance where the follower was definitely more vulnerable. Was this what his intentions were? To put her in a state of vulnerability so he could know her more than what he was seeing in the paperwork?

She was a graceful dancer after all. Striking and strong too, and though she followed the lead, she was fiery on her own and capable of holding her own body together. She did not need to be lead but could follow the leader anyways. This was who she was as a person too. She was definitely a survivor.

"I'm a historian who wants to be a doctor someday." She said to him as they continued. "And it's not for the money. I want to help people like me." She said, giving him a wink.

Naga||Autumn

Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 17th 2012, 12:54 pm

"What a strange ambition, to become a doctor just to help people like you. I guess it is a smart thing to just help all the pretty people, they usually pay the most because they make a living based on their looks, though I still think its a strange thing, becoming a pretty people doctor" he said,knowing that it was likely some kind of illness she had when she said she wanted to help people like her, though he figured that it would be best not to bring it up right at the start, though he would bring it out later, figuring the little joke would be appreciated. He knew that people in the world had achieved strange powers, that some people where not even human but extra terrestrial lifeforms, while some had just been made different in laboratories. In a way, he was not that normal either, though he was one of the people that where most human in the world, though many people hated him for his standings in life. He believed that through experimentation and science, everything could be explained, and found the aspect of a human soul and an afterlife to be crap, nothing more and nothing less. As such, religion extremists had come after him many times, but all to no avail, for he was still doing what he did best. Getting closer to the final part of the dance, the climax if you would call it that, he had a couple of strange ideas in his head that might be even more strange to Miss Autumn, though he was willing to give it a shot.

"As you may or may not know, I have been a bit of a guinea pig for the company a lot of years ago. Where many see me as an expert, a billionaire, a pretty face or just an object of human desire, I started out as a sad little boy who was losing his ability to walk or even move around on his own due to a very aggressive muscle disease. After a couple of years, I moved around in a wheelchair and needed a brace to keep my head up, or I could break my neck. My father's company created Nano-bots that would destroy the virus and rebuild the broken cells and muscles over time, and look at me now, dancing with Miss Autumn." he said, the story of his young life being a sad one with a good result, all the while keeping a smug look on his face. Back in the days, he had been on national television a great many times, though he figured Miss Autumn to have been too young to watch the news at that age. As such, he figured telling his early story for the hundredth time would be a good step in the right direction, just like how their dance was. She was good enough to take to business parties as a date, apparently having the full package of good brains, skills around the dance floor and a lovely exterior. Yes, she was about as pretty as they where going to get, though he could not get around the fact that it seemed like she was hiding something from him, and that was bothering him a bit.

"Why am I telling you this? Simple. I believe there is more to you then just a pretty face and awesome curves Miss Autumn. In the world of business, you are constantly surrounded by those that lie, cheat and keep things back, though you learn to pierce that veil and figure out when someone is not telling the truth or is holding things back, important things. So is there something you'd want to tell me, Miss Autumn?" he said, not bothered by it if the answer would be a no, because one way or the other, he would find out anyway. Once you conquered a muscular disease after making peace with the fact that you would die soon, time was no longer an important aspect of life. No, he knew that in the end everyone would die, even those that claimed they where immortal, though those that accepted it would be the ones that lived the longest. Having accepted death, he could find ways in which he could postpone it, staying alive longer then those that could not get around the fact that in the end, everyone would bite the dust. With Duke slowly finding more data regarding Miss Autumn, it would only be a matter of time before her darkest secrets reached the surface.
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira May 17th 2012, 1:26 pm

Again with the compliments? Autumn wouldn't deny that she was pretty not could she ignore the states that people gave her. For a woman, she ha the full package; looks, brains, a striking personality that she was used to the compliments given to her. Autumn smiled, allowing his little joke to slip through. "At least I'm not a plastic surgeon." she retorted, her voice the least bit serious. Yes, Ms. Autumn with her temper so terribly could take a joke once in a while. It wasn't like she was as serious as people thought she was. And even if that last sentence was a lie, Autumn's temper could be subsided. 

And then he began to speak about his own story of how he was born weak an ended up here. She listened to him as he dance continued. She grew up differently. She had everything she wanted and she gave it all up after being a willing test subject. To her, that was her biggest mistake: wishing to become someone else, something stronger. She gave up money. She gave up comfort. Bust most of all, she gave up her freedom. And now she was living the life of a woman on the loose, applying for a risky job as a secretary. 

Then he asked her if she was hiding something. Autumn have out a small, coy laugh. "Oh everyone has secrets dear." She would say, continuing the dance without skipping a beat. Her words slurred off naturally on her tongue as though she had been asked this question so many times. "Me telling you would just spoil all your fun of finding out for yourself" she continued, her expression still the same. "With a push of a button or a keyword, I bet you can uncover all the files and data recorded about me. You can even go to the extremes of using image recognition software and the like." Her voice was playful and taunting. "I don't blame you for wanting to keep an eye on your employees." She twirled herself so that her lips were touching his ear.

"But a woman's secrets only add to her mystery and charm."

Naga||Autumn

Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 17th 2012, 2:29 pm

"Oh, I already am, though I would have liked to hear it come from you as a sign of trust between boss and employee. After all, you will be the person that works with me the most, almost more then Duke does, doesn't she Duke?" he said without the slightest sense of shame in his words for doing all these over the top background checks. It was the most normal thing he could do, for so many just wanted to get in, steal whatever thing they could find that was worth something, and then get out as soon as possible. To Vergil, this was something that would not fly while he was watching over the company with Duke, so everyone had their backgrounds checked, and would constantly be kept under tight surveillance. If they got as much as a parking ticket, he would find out the moment it was filed in the system of the government, having no problems with hacking in to what they call a strong defense and functional firewall. When a small beep was hear-able from his right earpiece, the music was shut down and the speakers in the room switched on, allowing Duke to speak freely to the both of them, something that might come as a bit of a shock to her. After all, very few had ever seen a computer that was advanced enough to speak like that, almost giving the feel that it was an actual human being that took the reigns in the conversation.

"You are correct as always, Sir. Miss Autumn Roxanne Z. Drach, or Autumn Alexandra F. Caurio worked as a historian, though there are a lot of other things that are much more interesting then that. Daughter of a famous biologist working on Biologic weaponry and a brilliant doctor, ran away from home. The family she ran away from has several search warrants out and offer a lot of money for her safe return, both because she is the daughter of a company that does well for itself, but also for being the guinea pig for several experiments. Next to those search warrants, there are several others out for burglary and theft.... though she has been a historian for a while. That is all for now, Sir"

Once Duke finished speaking, the rather large list of things he had brought up caused for an awkward silence, before Vergil did something that might come as shocking to the woman, though it was not that far fetched to those that knew him well. After looking in her eyes for a moment, he stopped the dance for a moment to speak to Duke. "Ow Duke, would you be so kind as to hack into the system and remove all fines and knowledge of Miss Autumn. Better yet, sign her up as deceased, make it into an.. uhm.. Car crash in down town New York, I heard it happens a lot down there. As usual, make sure nothing is traced back to us, so link it down to those sand monkeys. Now then, Miss Autumn, shall we continue?" he said, holding a grudge against the religious fanatics that had tried to kill him multiple times already. Whatever happened next would be up to the girl, because she was now declared deceased and rid of all charges, allowing her to start anew, without any pieces of her past coming back to haunt her any longer. She could simply walk out the front door and do whatever she wanted, never having to come back to Steel Industries, nor pay attention to the man that seemed to annoy her ever again.
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira May 18th 2012, 4:57 am

So he was already tracking her down. Would she try to persuade him to stop? Or act like she hadn't committed all those crimes in the past? No, it wasn't of her nature to. It wasn't like she wasn't ashamed of her past crimes, but it was an act of impulse. She did not regret the things she had done in the past. Her biggest regret was being stupid enough to be tricked into being a victim instead of running away from it. Now that she was prepared to face what she had done though, she would hold her head up high.

Her crimes were being read out loud by a computer. Her real name, a name she had gotten rid of a long time ago, was brought back to life. It was funny how she actually kept the name Autumn as it wasn't a name people normally called their children. Though the dance continued as her crimes played out on a summary was being read. She actually chuckled. Yes, robbery and theft. The once rich little girl was a thief! And it wasn't small item shoplifting either, it was robbing of antique stores and some other museums that weren't traced to the ones she worked in. None of them were her's to keep as they were given to the person who requested them. They also provided her with a copy that could almost pass for the real thing if people didn't have her eye. To those that saw them as she did, they would obviously recognize the fake. Even through pictures she could easily identify the ones that were mistaken.

That is why it took several weeks to several months for one of her crimes to be acknowledged. Sometimes no one even noticed at all. She had several unnoticeable crimes and she was good at it. Vergil broke the dance, she held her breath for what he was about to say. He could report her, send her to the police, send her to her parents, or kill her right then and there. Oddly enough, it was the last one in a way she wouldn't have expected it to. Autumn raised an eyebrow, honestly confused by this action. Did he expect something in return? It couldn't have been simply because he wanted her to start over.

"So you killed me. What's the catch?" She inquired, putting her hands on her hips.

Naga||Autumn

Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt'n Sinnarr May 18th 2012, 5:04 pm

"This is a secured room, meaning you can say everything you want, and we will be the only ones that can hear it, I just wanted to make that much clear. The reason why I killed you is because, like you, I have some demons of my own. Considering the fact that I just pulled out your entire history, I think an explanation from my side might be the fair thing to do" Vergil explained, having foreseen the fact that Autumn would want to know about his reasons too. Even though he did not have to explain his motives in the slightest, though he would do so because he felt like it, that being the only reason kept in mind. "I am giving you the choice to walk on out of here and continue whatever heists you want, or, the chance to work her as my personal secretary and Assistant here at Steel Industries, a safe job that will earn you a lot more money on a daily basis, and will give you the chance to work with me on a very particular project of mine. If you would be kind enough to follow me Miss. Duke, unlock the door for me please" he said, asking the woman to follow him and Duke to open the heavily locked door of the basement. There would be a lot the woman was about to see, something she would most likely not have anticipated. Vergil was one of the most eccentric people in the entire world, and as such, he would continue to baffle the girl at every turn. Walking down the hall towards the basement, it would take a couple of minutes before they would reach it.

A couple of minutes later...

Upon reaching the door, it took a while to fully unlock it before the pair walked into the secured basement. "This here is my dirty little secret, my own little base of operations that is free from hackers and worse, the authorities. It is my workshop, and the place from which I keep a look over the worlds known terrorist hideouts, weaponry compounds and the locations of weapons manufacturers, all having a specific color, going by them being a small or a large threat. As a Manufacturing pioneer, I want to keep this world of ours around as long as possible. Where as I only sell the things of which I know won't be enough to bring entire civilizations to a fall, other company's are not that heroic. I created my own line of weaponry and special suits using Nano-tech, machinery, mechanical weaponry and a special alloy I created by myself, mixing three elements together on a molecular level, creating Spectrium. With this alloy, I created this" he said, clapping his hands, causing the floor to open. With a lot of steam and some lesser fireworks, a mechanical suit rose up from the floor, blue, white, grey and black. It was very advanced, perhaps too advanced to look like something created on earth, though it did not change the fact that it was made from earthen materials.

It was made of thin Spectrium plates, Nano-enhanced Kevlar and special Nano-bots, making it both weigh only 20 Kilograms, but also being very maneuverable and incredibly defensive. Enhanced with Steel Industries machine guns, Spectrium hollow point armor penetration rounds, specially made Kinetic penetrator missiles and Spectrium Vibro-blades hidden in the suits gauntlets.
"This is the Mark I Carapace Battlesuit, though I prefer calling this the "Spectre". If you would be up for coming with me in order to earn more then you would steal in two years in a couple of months, work closely with me and break into situations with new mass destruction weaponry or a new plot to overthrow other religious groups. If you do not feel like participating, you will be replaced, even though it would be hard to find another one who has your skills, and that amazing body of yours. You may stay here, or you may walk out of the door and will never have to come back, starting fresh and do as you wish, the choice is yours" Vergil said, explaining the situation and his own personal secrets, after having figured out the secrets that made up Miss Autumn. Even though the chances of her walking out of the door where grand, he had a feeling that there was something between them, something that would grow stronger over time. What it was, he did not know, but it was certainly there.
Capt'n Sinnarr
Capt'n Sinnarr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaira May 19th 2012, 10:33 am

"I came here to get a job, and I won't leave till I have that job." She said blankly to him. She had her goals in mind and her focus at heart and even if she was technically dead, her body was still alive and ready for whatever work he planned to throw at her. Yes, she was a little bit stubborn, but that made her who she was. Even if she had to be Vergil's little secretary, Autumn was definitely in order for business. It seemed he had something to show her, a secret of his own. She followed him, taking steps down his hall. She wondered what her parents were thinking of. Did they really believe she was dead? Where was her inheritance of the bargain going to go?

Ugh. So much to think about. So little time.

Apparently, this rich kid's dirty little secret was a super suit. She looked at him. A sarcastic "Really?!" look plastered on his face. Trust some engineer's son to built a full out combat suit. Who did he think he was now, Iron Man? It was true there were people in this world with super powers, she for one was one of them, except hers was definitely a mutation and not something she inherited. But some people would stop at nothing to join that crowd. When she signed up, she simply did it for the knowledge and perhaps the thrill, not knowing what kind of responsibility she would get her into.

She never would have thought that she'd grow up to be such a thief. A sneaky little thief too. Who would've thought her eye for jewelry would come in handy like that? Who would ever have thought that her skills in ballet and other classes would come in handy too? She had taken everything she was given and turned it into a thing of her own. But she was sure she could be blasted away by this super suit right here.

It was no show. Her weak little dragon mutant powers were no match for technology like this. She wasn't trained to be someone strong enough to fight people for sport anyways. In fact, fighting was a just in case thing for her. She would never risk her life like that. She knew values of gold, silver, and copper. Her life was far more important. After all, how would people get their goods if she was no longer around? She chuckled.

"I don't steal for myself. I'm hired help. I don't keep what I take, but I get cash in return." She said, licking her lips. "My skills don't come cheap though. I want to know how much we're talking here to play your little sidekick." She said with a grin. "Don't get me wrong, I'm loyal and I won't sell you out. I'll even actually be your secretary too." She walked over to his side, getting a better view of the suit. "But this is far more than I applied for, I'll still gladly take the job."

"After all, you only live once right?"

Naga||Autumn

Power Grid:
Kaira
Kaira

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top